Find the direct download link for UPSC History Questions paper pdf in the section below. Aspirants who are looking for UPSC History General Knowledge Papers can find in the table below. Are you searching for the Union Public Service Commission History Prelims Sample Papers for starting exam preparation?
Don’t worry. We attached the free downloading links of Union Public Service Commission History General Knowledge Mains Old Papers. By referring the Last 5 years Union Public Service Commission History Previous Question Papers, candidates can analyse the exam pattern.
UPSC History Questions Papers will help you to get a good score in the exam. By clicking on the below-enclosed links, you can download the UPSC History Questions Papers with solutions in the form of Pdf.
History Questions for UPSC
1. Which of the following words does not denote peasant uprising ?
2. Which of the following is the aspect of Swadeshi movement ?
3. The Indian Muslim League was founded at :
4. Tinkathiya system is associated with……………………cultivation.
5. What was the objective of Akali movement in 1920 ?
(A) To free Gurudwara from the control of British Govt.
(B) To free Gurudwara from the control of ignorant and corrupt Mahants
(C) To build new Gurudwaras
(D) To formulate political demands of Shikhs
6. Who was the author of the book ‘Young India’ ?
(A) Lala Lajpat Rai
(B) Bipin Chandra Pal
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) V.D. Savarkar
7. Who wrote the first biography of Mahatma Gandhi in Marathi ?
(A) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(B) Avantikabai Gokhale
(C) Prematai Kantak
(D) Vinoba Bhave
8. Whose name has been associated with scientific humanism ?
(A) Mahatma Phule
(B) M. N. Roy
(C) S. A. Dange
(D) Deendayal Upadhyaya
9. The ‘Goa Youth League’ was founded by :
(A) Ram Manohar Lohiya
(B) T.B. Kunha
(C) Mohan Ranade
(D) Dayanand Bandodkar
10. Which of the following is the characteristics of nationalist historiography of modern India ?
(A) Congress centred cultural history
(B) Congress centred materialist history
(C) Congress centred biographical history
(D) Congress centred social history
11. Who among the following criticized Altekarian paradigm regarding status of women ?
(A) Dipesh Chakravarti
(B) Uma Chakravarti
(C) Tanika Sarkar
(D) Sumit Sarkar
12. Whose concept of ‘Hegemony’ has influenced the Subaltern historians ?
(A) Karl Marx
(B) Max Weber
(C) Antonio Gramsci
(D) Ranajit Guha
13. Who was the author of ‘Rights of Man’ ?
(A) John Locke
(B) Thomas Paine
(C) Thomas Jefferson
14. Whose ‘Social Contract’ theory inspired the French revolutionaries the most ?
(A) John Locke
(B) Thomas Hobbes
15. ‘Arya’ is a………………term.
(B) Caste based
(C) Class based
16. Royal coronation was associated with :
(A) Ashvamedha sacrifice
(B) Rajasuya sacrifice
(C) Vajapeya sacrifice
(D) Anustoma sacrifice
17. How many heterodox sects emerged around 6th century B.C. ?
18. The first sermon of Buddha at Deer Park is called :
(A) Big wheel of law
(B) Making the wheel of law
(C) Thousands of wheels of law
(D) Turning of the wheel of law
19. Who constructed the royal highway from Takshashila to Pataliputra which is known as Grand Trunk Road ?
20. The last king of Mauryan dynasty was :
21. First writings of women in India were known as :
22. Agrahara grants were :
(A) The land which was donated to temple
(B) The land grant to administrative officer as salary
(C) Land grants to Brahmanas which was tax free
(D) Land owned by peasant class
23. Gandhara art was influenced by……………..art .
24. Queen Naganika belonged to the…………….. .
(A) Nanda dynasty
(B) Maurya dynasty
(C) Shunga dynasty
(D) Satavahana dynasty
25. The famous Kailasanatha temple at Ellora was built by :
(C) Krishna I
26. Which Pallava king composed satires in Sanskrit ?
27. Nagara temple architecture was dominent in India’s……………..region.
28. During 7th century A.D. Kashmir was ruled by :
(A) Karkota dyanasty
(B) Singh dyanasty
(C) Rathod dyanasty
(D) Kalhana dyanasty
29. Which of the following was a tax collected as the ‘share of the town’ under the Cholas ?
30. Which of the following is an important source for the study of the history of the Qutb Shahis of Golkonda ?
(C) Tarikh-i-Iradat Khani
(D) Balmukund Nama
31. The fort of Gwalior was first captured by :
(A) Qutbuddin Aibak
(D) Alauddin Khilji
32. The Qadiriya order was established in India by :
(A) Muhammad Ghwat
(B) Baba Palangposh
(D) Shaikh Mohammad
33. In Vijayanagara administration, ‘Dandanayaka’ was in charge of :
34. Which of the following Qutb Shahi rulers founded the city of Hyderabad ?
(A) Ibrahim Quli
(B) Muhammad Quli
(D) Abul Hasan
35. The Muntakhab-ul-Lubab was written by :
(A) Munshi Daya Ram
(B) Khafi Khan
(C) Ishwar Das Nagar
(D) Saqi Mustaid Khan
36. The Mir Bakshi under the Mughals was in charge of :
(A) The wizarat
(B) The army
(C) The karkhanas
(D) The judiciary
37. Who was in charge of the chaukis on the Ghat-marga under the Marathas ?
38. In Medieval Maharashtra, ‘nikalu’ was :
(A) An export duty
(B) An import duty
(C) A tribute
(D) A road tax
39. In whose reign was ‘foliated arch’ and ‘cypress pillar’ first used ?
(D) Shah Jahan
40. To which of the following styles of temple architecture does the Kalaram temple at Nashik belong ?
41. Which of the following was not a merchant ship of the Marathas ?
42. Who among the following published ‘Aitihasik Lekh-Samgraha’ ?
(A) V. V. Khare
(B) V. K. Rajwade
(C) G. S. Sardesai
(D) V. S. Bendre
43. Who was the first Portuguese viceroy of Goa ?
(A) Vasco da Gama
(B) Afanso d’ Albuquerque
(C) Cosma da Guarda
(D) Gaspar Corriea
44. The colonial economy in India in its early phase was based on :
(C) Finance Imperialism
(D) Social Darvinism
45. Who was the owner and editor of ‘Samvad Kaumudi’ ?
(A) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(B) Bhavanicharan Bandopadhyaya
(C) Ishwarchandra Vidyasagar
(D) Bankimchandra Chatterjee
46. What was common between Dadoba Pandurang and Mahatma Phule ?
(A) Critique of British rule
(B) Critique of nationalism
(C) Critique of caste system
(D) Critique of Hinduism
47. Who took part in revolt of 1857 ?
(A) Birasa Munda
(B) Raghu Bangre
(D) Umaji Naik
48. What was Gopal Ganesh Agarkar’s ideology called ?
49. What legacy did Mahatma Gandhi inherit from G. K. Gokhale ?
(A) Spiritualization of culture
(B) Spiritualization of politics
(C) Spiritualization of society
(D) Spiritualization of individual
50. The Vernacular Press Act was passed under the viceroyalty of :
(A) Lord Curzon
(B) Lord Ripon
(C) Lord Linlithgow
(D) Lord Lytton
51. According to Dipesh Chakravarti what is primordial consciousness of working class ?
(A) Pre-feudal class consciousness
(B) Pre-industrial class consciousness
(C) Pre-industrial caste/religious consciousness
(D) Paleolithic consciousness
52. Which of the following is not the part of Non-cooperation Movement ?
(A) Boycott of the schools
(B) Boycott of the courts
(C) Boycott of the foreign cloths
(D) No tax movement
53. ‘All India Women’s Conference’ was established in :
54. Which of the following is not included in Gandhi-Irwin Pact ?
(A) Immediate release of political prisioners
(B) Remission of fines not yet collected
(C) Right to make salt for consumption of village along the coast
(D) The return of confiscated lands sold to third parties
55. The book ‘Orientalism’ is authored by :
(A) William Jones
(B) Max Muller
(C) James Mill
(D) Edward Said
56. The principle of Panch Sheel was declared by India and China in :
57. Any mark of past constitutes………… .
(A) Language of history
(B) Source of history
(C) Method of history
(D) Philosophy of history
58. Who argued that intellectual and cultural revolution should precede political revolution ?
(A) Karl Marx
(B) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(C) Vishnushastri Chiplunkar
(D) Bankimchandra Chatterjee
59. Who among the following is a feminist historian ?
(A) Romila Thapar
(B) C. Meenakshi
(C) Uma Chakravarti
(D) A. S. Altekar
60. Whose name has been associated with Counter-Reformation ?
(A) John Wycliffe
(B) Martin Luther
(C) John Kelvin
(D) Ignatius Loyola
61. The Renaissance began first in :