Microbiology questions and answers Papers Free Pdf is available. We have given microbiology essay questions and answers Papers in a PDF format. So that the applicants can get the microbiology questions and answers pdf Sample Papers for practice purpose.
We have also provided solutions for the microbiology exam Previous Papers. Therefore, Applicants can check the answers with actual solutions while practicing microbiology Model Papers. Here we are providing Sample Question Papers for microbiology exam.
Hence Candidates can use microbiology exam questions and answers pdf Sample Papers as a reference in your preparation. Also, check the official site attached below for further more microbiology questions and answers pdf Previous Year Papers.
Questions and Answers on Microbiology
1. Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxin, all are true, except :
(1) Preformed toxin
(2) Incubation period is short (1-6 hours)
(3) The toxin stimulates the vagus nerve and the vomiting centre of the brain.
(4) Treatment is mainly by early institution of antibiotics.
2. Positive tube coagulase test is a property of all the following species of staphylococcus, except :
(1) S. aureus
(2) S. hyicus
(3) S. Intermedius
(4) S. Lugdunensis
3. Staphylococcus epidermidisa, all are true, except :
(1) Accounts for 75% of CONS
(2) Phosphatase negative
(3) Produces biofilon
(4) causes stitch abscesses
4. S. pyogenes is differentiated from S. agalactial by all, except :
(1) C. carbohydrate antigen
(2) M. protein
(3) Bactracin susceptibility
(4) CAMP test
5. All are true about streptolysin 0, except :
(1) Causes hemolysis on the surface of blood agar plate.
(2) Strongly antigenic
(3) Useful for retrospective diagnosis of streptococcal infection
(4) Not useful for diagnosis of post streptococcal glomerulonephritis.
6. In revised Jones criteria for acute rheumatic fever, the major manifestations include all, except :
(1) Subcutaneous nodules
(3) Arthritis (migrating polyarthritis)
(4) Increased ASO antibodies
7. Which is not a property of S.pneumonia ?
(1) Bile solubility
(2) Animal pathogenicity in mice
(3) Growth in presence of 40% bile
(4) Optochin sensitivity
8. All the following are causative agent of NGU, except :
(1) Chlamydia trachomatis
(2) Mycoplasma hominis
(3) Candida albicans
9. Serogrouping of meningococcus is based on a
(1) Outer membrane protein
(3) Capsular polysaccharide
(4) Transferrin binding protein
10. Waterhouse-Friderichsen syndrome, all are true, except :
(1) Caused by meningococcus
(2) Bilateral adrenal haemorrhage is seen
(3) Purpura fulminans is a feature
(4) Pathogenesis is due to capsule
11. Transport media used for gonococci is :
(1) Stuart’s medium
(2) Pike’s medium
(3) VR medium
(4) Cary blair medium
12. Metachromatic granules of corynebacterium diptheriae can be stained by all of the following special stains, except :
(1) Neisser’s stain
(2) Ziehl-Neelsen stain
(3) Albert’s stain
(4) Ponder’s stain
13. Gram-stain morphology of bacillus anthracis is :
(1) Jennis racket appearance
(2) Drum stick appearance
(3) Bamboo stick appearance
(4) Spectacle glass appearance
14. Emetic toxin of B.cereus – all are true, except :
(1) Produces food poisoning similar to S.aureus.
(2) Chinese fried rice is a common source.
(3) Serotype associated 2, 6, 8.
(4) Incubation period 1-5 hours.
15. Site of action of tetanus toxin
(1) Presynaptic terminal of spinal cord
(2) Postsynaptic terminal of spinal cord
(3) Neuromuscular junction
(4) Muscle fibre
16. Pseudomembranous colitis is caused by
(1) Clostridium perfringens
(2) Clostridium difficile
(3) Clostridium tetani
(4) Clostridium botulinum
17. Fatty acid composition of anaerobic bacteria can be determined by which of following tests ?
(1) Phage typing
(3) Gas-liquid chromatography
18. MPT 64 antigen is used to detect –
(1) M. tuberculosis from M. bovis
(2) M. tuberculosis complex from NTM
(3) Acid-fast bacilli from non acid-fast bacilli
(4) M. tuberculosis from M. leprae
19. Line probe assay for M. tuberculosis – all are true, except : :
(1) Used for identification of MTB complex
(2) Defects rifampicne resistance
(3) Detects isoniaziel resistance
(4) Useful for paucibacillary smear-negative specimens
20. Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) has the advantage over tuberculin test :
(1) Positive indicates active infection
(2) Has less false negative result
(3) Has no false positive result
(4) Can be used as marker of prevalence
21. Which of the following types of leprosy is the most infectious ?
(1) Lepromatous leprosy
(2) Tuberculoid leprosy
(3) Borderline tuberculoid leprosy
(4) Mid-borderline leprosy
22. Which of the following can be used for cultivation of Mycobacterium leprae ?
(1) Brain heart infusion agar
(2) Chorioallantoic membrane of chick embryo
(3) Foodpad of mouse
(4) All of the above
23. Which of the following serotypes of chlamydia trachomatis cause lymphogranuloma venereum ?
(1) A,B, Ba, C
(4) Only A
24. Which of the following is the causative agent of donovanosis ?
(1) Klebseilla pneumoniae
(2) Leishmania donovani
(3) Calymmatobacterium granulomatis
(4) Streptococcus mutans
25. Which of the following tests is performed to demonstrate congenital syphilis ?
(1) FTA-ABS test
(2) IgM FTA-ABS test
(3) TPI test
(4) TPHA test
26. Which of the following is the causative agent of Rickettsial pox ?
(1) Ricketisia prowazekii
27. Vibrio parahaemolyticus strains isolated from environmental sources can be differentiated from those isolated from humans cases by :
(1) Kanagawa phenomenon
(2) modified CAMP test
(3) Reverse CAMP test
(4) All of the above
28. Which statement best describes toll like receptors ?
(1) Cell-associated receptors that enhances phagocytosis of pathogens
(2) Acute phase proteins which activate complement system
(3) Receptors which activate large number of T helper cells
(4) Receptors for polyclonal activation
29. Exotoxins do not have which of the following characteristics ?
(1) They are produced extracellularly
(2) They are produced by both gram positive and gram-negative bacteria
(3) Cannot be converted into toxoids
(4) They are heat-labile
30. Super antigen causes :
(1) Enhancement of phagocytosis
(2) Polyclonal activation of B-cells
(3) Antigen presentation by macrophage
(4) Activation of complement
31. Which antibody mediates ADCC (Antibody Dependent Cell Mediated Cytotoxicity) ?
32. The technique used for monoclonal antibodies production is called :
(2) Rosette formation
33. Elek’s test is an example of :
(2) Neutralisation test
(3) Precipitation test
(4) Complementation fixation test
34. Indirect immunofluorescence test may be used for detection of :
(1) Rabies virus antigen
(2) Antibodies in syphilis
(3) Both of the above
(4) None of the above
35. Monoclonal antibodies recognize a single :
(4) None of these
36. The chromogen most commonly used to label antibodies in ELISA is :
(1) Malachite green
(2) Alkaline phosphatase
(3) Congo red
37. High titres of antinuclear antibodies are indicative of :
(1) Parasitic infections
(2) Fungal infections
(3) Autoimmune diseases
(4) Bacterial diseases
38. All the following statements about hybridoma technology are true except :
(1) Specific antibody producing cells are integrated with myeloma cells.
(2) Myeloma cells in salvage pathway grows well in HAT medium.
(3) Ammopterin, a folate antagonist, inhibits de novo pathway.
(4) HGPRT se and thymidylate synthetase are required for salvage pathway.
39. An agglutination reaction which makes use of staphylococcus aureus bound IgG as a reagent is known as:
(1) Passive agglutination
(2) Reverse passive agglutination
40. Regarding the blotting techniques, which of the following is false ?
(1) Southern blot is used to detect DNA.
(2) Northern blot is used to detect RNA.
(3) Western blot is used to detect antigens.
(4) Eastern blot is used to analyse proteins for post-translational modifications.
41. Which of the following disease is NOT vaccine preventable ?
(2) Hepatitis B
(3) Hepatitis C
(4) Hepatitis A
42. CD8 cells can recognise :
(1) MHC class I antigens
(2) MHC class II antigens
(3) MHC class III antigens
(4) All of the above
43. Which of the following HLA types is associated with ankylosing spondylitis ?
(4) None of the above
44. The animal used for monoclonal antibodies production is :
(2) Guinea pig
(4) None of the above
45. The widely accepted theory of antibody formation is:
(1) Direct template theory
(2) Indirect template theory
(3) Natural selection theory
(4) Clonal selection theory