Looking for Time Speed and Distance Model Paper Pdf then you are on the right page. Here candidates can find the study material & model paper for the competitive examination. Hence, click on the respective link in the table below and start downloading the Time Speed and Distance Question Paper Pdf for free.
We have given the free Time Speed and Distance exam model question paper with answers to help the candidates. Hence, go through the article and find the respective Time Speed and Distance Sample Paper and start your preparation. Here are links for respective Time Speed and Distance Questions in Quantitative Aptitude.
Aspirants who are going to appear for various competitive exams are advised to check the Time Speed and Distance Questions pattern before starting preparation. Knowledge of Time Speed and Distance helps the applicants a lot in the preparation.
All questions relevant to Time Speed and Distance are collected from previous year question papers form Bank, IBPS, SSC, PSC, CAT, MAT and other competitive exam.
Model Questions and Answers on Time Speed and Distance
1. Buses start from a bus terminal with a speed 20 km/hr at intervals of 10 minutes. What is the speed of a man coming from the opposite direction towards the bus terminal if he meets the buses at intervals of 8 minutes?
A. 3 km/hr
B. 4 km/hr
C. 5 km/hr
D. 7 km/hr
2. A and B run a 5 km race on a round course of 400 m. If their speed are in the ratio 5 : 4, the number of times, the winner passes the other is:
3. By walking at ¾ of his usual speed, a man reaches his office 20 minutes later than his usual time. The usual time taken by him to reach his office is
A. 75 minutes
B. 60 minutes
C. 40 minutes
D. 30 minutes
4. In a 100m race, Kama defeats Bimal by 5 seconds. If the speed of Kamal 18 Kmph, then the speed of Bimal is
A. 15.4 kmph
B. 14.5 kmph
C. 14.4 kmph
D. 14 kmph
5. A student goes to school at the rate of 2.5 km/h and reaches 6 minutes late. If he travels at the speed of 3 km/h. he is 10 minutes early. The distance (in km) between the school and his house is
6. Walking at 5 km/hr a student reaches his school from his house 15 minutes early and walking at 3 km/hr he is late by 9 minutes. What is the distance between his school and his house?
A. 5 km
B. 8 km
C. 3 km
D. 2 km
7. An aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of 240 km hour in 5 hours. To cover the same distance in 1.3 hours, it must travel at a speed of:
A. 300 km/hr
B. 360 km/hr
C. 600 km/hr
D. 720 km/hr
8. A thief is noticed by a policeman from a distance of 200m. The thief starts running and the policeman chases him. The thief and the policeman run at the rate of 10km and 11 km per hour respectively. The distance (in metres) between them after 6 minutes is
9. A car covers four successive 6 km stretches at speeds of 25 kmph, 50 kmph, 75 kmph and 150 kmph respectively. Its average speed over this distance is
A. 25 kmph
B. 50 kmph
C. 75 kmph
D. 150 kmph
10. A man walks a certain distance and rides back taking a total time of 37 minutes. He could walk both ways in 55 minutes. How long would he take to ride both ways?
A. 9.5 minutes
B. 18 minutes
C. 19 minutes
D. 20 minutes
Download Sample Question Papers
11. In a 100m race, Kamal defeats Bimal by 5 seconds. If the speed of Kamal is 18 Kmph, then the speed of Bimal is
A. 15.4 kmph
B. 14.5 kmph
C. 14.4 kmph
D. 14 kmph
12. A man walks ‘a‘ km in ‘b’ hours. The time taken to walk 200 metres is:
A. 200b/a hours
B. b/5a hours
C. b/a hours
D. ab/200 hours
13. Walking at a speed of 5 km/hr, a man reaches his office 6 minutes late. Walking at 6 km/hr, he reaches there 2 minutes early. The distance of his office is
14. On a journey across Kolkata, a taxi averages 50 km per hour for 50% of the distance. 40 km per hour for 40% of it and 20 km per hour for the remaining. The average speed in km/hour, for the whole journey is:
15. A man can swim 3 km/hr in still water. If the velocity of the stream is 2 km/hr the time taken by him to swim to a place l0 km upstream and back is:
A. 8.3 seconds
B. 6 seconds
C. 10 hr
D. 12 hr
16. A man rides at the rate of 18 km/hr, but stops for 6 mins. To change horses at the end of every 7th km. The time that he will take to cover a distance of 90 km is
A. 6 hrs.
B. 6 hrs. 12 min.
C. 6hrs. 18min.
D. 6hrs 24min.
17. Two cars are moving with speeds v1, v2 towards a crossing along two roads. If their distances from the crossing be 40 metres and 50 metres at an instant of time then they do not collide if their speeds are such that
18. A certain distance is covered at a certain speed. If half of this distance is covered in double the time, the ratio of the two speeds is
A. 1 : 4
B. 2: 1
C. 1 :2
D. 4: 1
19. Anil calculated that it will take 45 minutes to cover a distance of 60 km by his car. How long will it take to cover the same distance if the speed of his car is reduced by 15 km/hr?
B. 55.38 min
C. 48 min
D. 40 min
20. Three cars travelled distance in the ratio 1 : 2 : 3. If the ratio of the time of travel is 3 : 2 : 1, then the ratio of their speed is
Practice Exercise PDF
21. Two guns are fired from the same place at an interval of 6 minutes. A person approaching the place observes that 5 minutes 52 seconds have elapsed between the hearing of the sound of the two guns. If the velocity of the sound is 330 m/sec, the man was walking in which speed?
A. 24 km/hr
B. 27 km/hr
C. None of these
D. Data insufficient
22. A man covers 2/15of the total journey by train, 3/20 by bus and the remaining 10 km on foot. His total journey (in km) is
23. A man can cover a certain distance in 3 hours 36 minutes if he walks at the rate of 5 km/hr. If he covers the same distance on cycle at the rate of 24 km/hr, then the time taken by him in minutes is
24. A and B are 20 km apart. A can walk at an average speed of 4 km/hour and B at 6 km/hr. If they start walking towards each other at 7 a.m., when they will meet?
A. 8.00 a.m.
B. 8.30 a.m.
C. 9.00 am.
D. 10.00 a.m.