Operation Theatre Technician Questions Answers
Operation Theatre Technician Questions Answers papers help the aspirants in the preparation. Also, check the exam pattern and syllabus details before going to the OT Technician exam. OT Assistant exam model question papers are here.
Also, we provided a study material for Operation Theatre Assistant exams to help the applicants in their preparation. Hence, check all the related details like exam pattern and exam dates given. Aspirants can find the respective download links for Operation Theatre Technician Previous Papers Pdf.
The Free download links of Operation Theatre Technician Questions Answers Practice Papers enclosed below. Candidates who are going to start their preparation for the Operation Theatre Technician Exam can make use of these links. Download the Operation Theatre Technician Exam Last 5 Years Operation Theatre Technician Questions Answers Papers PDF.
Model Questions Answers for OT Technician
1. Anesthesia machine contains how many pressure systems?
A. Two (High and low)
B. Three (High, Intermediate and low)
C. Four (High, intermediate, low and very low)
D. One (High)
2. Magill’s breathing circuit is best suited for?
A. Spontaneous ventilation
B. Controlled ventilation
C. Spontaneous and controlled both
D. Pediatric patient ventilation
3. Pressure inside a full Oxygen cylinder is?
A. 2000-2200 psig.
B. 1000 psig.
C. 750 psig.
D. 1800 psig.
4. Entonox is the mixture of?
A. Carbon dioxide and oxygen.
B. Air and Nitrous oxide
C. Oxygen and Nitrous Oxide.
D. Oxygen and air.
5. Absorb a newer soda lime absorbs how much of Co2 per 100 gm?
A. 10.2 L
B. 8.4 L.
6. AMBU stands for?
A. Anesthesia machine breathing unit.
B. Artificial mandatory breathing unit.
C. Automated machine and breathing unit.
D. Automated manual breathing unit
7. Route of drug administration most commonly used in OT?
A. lntraosseous route.
C. Subcutaneous route.
D. Intravenous route.
8. Rendell Baker Sauces (RBS) mask is used for?
A. Old patients.
B. Pediatric patients.
C. Obese patients
D. Adult patients.
9. PIN index safety system is used in anesthesia machine.
A. To attach any gas cylinder in any york assembly
B. To hold cylinder securely.
C. To prevent incorrect cylinder attachment
D. To release cylinder when needed.
10. In head Injury patient’s mannitol is given to?
A. To stop bleeding.
B. For protection of brain.
C. For protection of spinal cord.
D. To reduce intra cranial pressure (ICP)
11. Lignocaine 2% is a?
A. Anticholinergic agent
C. Muscle relaxant.
D. Local anesthetic
12. Buplvacalne Heavy is used in?
A. Epidural anesthesia.
B. Spinal anesthesia.
C. Nerve block anesthesia.
D. General anesthesia.
13. The cylinder most commonly used on anesthesia machines?
A. Type A
B. Type B.
C. Type D.
D. Type E.
14. Size of endotracheal tube required for a female adult patient is?
A. 7.5 mm.
B. 8.5 mm.
C. 6.0 mm
D. 6.5 mm.
15. Cardiac failure is defined as
A. When heart is not beating very fast.
B. When heart beat is very slow.
C. When heart stopped working.
D. When heart is not able to maintain sufficient circulation in body
16. Autoclaving (steam sterilization) is not good for
A. Surgical instruments.
C. Glass syringes.
D. Disposable PVC items.
17. Cidex is
A. 10% Povidine Iodine.
B. 2% Glutaraldehyde.
C. 4% Sodium Hypochlorite.
D. 2% Bleaching Powder
18. In autoclaving sterilization is done by?
A. Saturated steam.
B. Dry steam
C. Dry heat
D. Hot water
19. Tourniquet time for upper limb is:
A. 100 minutes.
B. 120 minutes
C. 180 minutes
D. 90 minutes
20. Disinfection of an endoscope after use is done by
A. By dipping in Cidex for 30 minutes.
B. By autoclaving.
C. In E0 gas sterilizer.
D. By radiation.
21. Artificial prosthesis are sterilized by
B. In Cidex.
C. Supplied sterile.
D. Chemical sterilization
22. Deaver’s retractor is used in
A. In minor surgeries.
B. Surgeries on head and neck.
C. In nasal surgery.
D. Abdominal surgeries.
23. Metal implants are sterilized by?
A. By dipping in Cidex for 30 minutes
B. By autoclaving.
C. In E0 gas sterilizer.
D. By radiation.
24. Which of the following term describe the amount of blood effected per heart beat?
A. Stroke volume.
B. After load.
C. Cardiac output.
D. D. Vital volume.
25. Protamine sulphate is antidote of?
26. The Negative pressure in suction machine is
A. 200-300 mm of Hg.
B. 1000 mm of Hg.
C. 400-700 mm of Hg.
D. 50-100 mm of Hg.
27. In ventricular fibrillation first treatment is?
A. Cardiac massage.
B. I.V infusion.
D. Defibrillation if defibrillator is available
28. Jackson Rees (JR) circuit is
A. Modiﬁcation of Mapleson “D”.
B. Modification of Mapleson “A”.
C. Modification of Mapleson “B”.
D. Modification of Mapleson “F”.
29. What is the service pressure of a cylinder?
A. Minimum pressure of the cylinder when full
B. Maximum pressure of cylinder when transported
C. Maximum pressure to which the cylinder may be filled at 70-degree F
D. Pressure of cylinder when in service phase
30. Circuit best suited for controlled ventilation is
A. Mapleson “A”
B. Mapleson “D”
C. Mapleson “E”
D. Mapleson “F”
31. Temperature of operating room should be
A. 24-38 degree centigrade.
B. 22-24 degree centigrade
C. 16-18 degree centigrade.
D. 18-20 degree centigrade.
32. PIN index for Nitrous Oxide is?
33. Pipeline pressure of gases in OT is
A. 65-70 PSI
B. 55-60 PSI
C. 40-45 PSI
D. 70-75 PSI
34. In Double Lumen endotracheal tube bronchial cuff is inflated with the volume of air?
A. 5 ML
B. 10 ML
C. 2 ML
D. 20 ML
35. Minimum effective concentration of Cidex solution is
36. Position used for nephrectomy is?
37. For Laparoscoplc cholecystectomy patient is positioned on OT table in
A. Reverse Trendelenburg
B. Supine position.
C. Prone position.
D. Trendelenburg position
38. Which is the most common complication of spinal anesthesia°
A. High spinal
C. Nausea and vomiting
39. An endotracheal tube has F-29, Z-79 or ASTM written on it What does it mean?
A. ET tube is made of PVC.
B. ET tube is meant for single use only
C. ET tube has passed the tissue reactivity test
D. ET tube is made of red rubber.
40. Which of the following is not a contraindication for giving spinal anesthesia?
A. Head injury
C. Patient refusal
D. Old age
41. Minimum alveolar concentration (MAC) of Desflurane is
42. Which is the following is not an adverse effect of Thiopentone?
B. Raised intracranial pressure (ICP)
43. Muscle relaxant of choice in renal failure patients is
44. Ringer Lactate (RL) is contraindicated in patients with
A. Blunt Trauma abdomen
B. Renal failure
D. Head injury
45. Platelets before transfusion are stored at
A. 22 degree centigrade
B. 37 degree centigrade
C. 4 degree centigrade
D. -20 degree centigrade
46. Scoline is not given to
A. Burn patients
B. Obese patients
C. Elderly patients
D. Patients with difficult airway
47. Most commonly used temperature and time combination in autoclaving is
A. 115 degree centigrade for 25 minutes
B. 145 degree centigrade for 45 minutes
C. 121 degree centigrade for 30 minutes
D. 138 degree centigrade for 30 minutes
48. Ideal length of epidural catheter inserted in epidural space is
49. Color of carbon dioxide cylinder is
50. In anesthesia machine pipeline pressure gauzes are part of?
A. Intermediate pressure system
B. High pressure system
C. Low pressure system
D. Very low-pressure system
Download More Questions on Paramedical Science
- ECG Technician
- Dental Technician
- Emergency & Trauma Technician
- Medical Counsellor
- Dialysis Technician
- Medical Record Technician
- Clinical Psychologist
- Ophthalmic Technician
- Sanitary Inspector
- Radiographer Technician
- Ward Master
- Radiotherapy Technologist
- Clinical Instructor
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- X-Ray Technician