UGC NET Defence and Strategic Studies Solved Papers
Many applicants are searching on the Internet for the UGC NET Defence and Strategic Studies Solved Papers & Previous Years Papers. Those can refer this page for the UGC NET Defence and Strategic Studies Old Papers PDF, UGC NET Defence and Strategic Studies Sample Papers along with the answers.
Here, we provide the UGC NET Defence and Strategic Studies Exam Solved Papers. With the reference of these UGC NET Defence and Strategic Studies Previous Papers, you will get an idea about the difficulty level of the written examination, subjects & weight-age soon.
Solved Papers on UGC NET Defence and Strategic Studies
1. On May ………………………….. 1998, India carried out series of nuclear tests at Pokhran.
(A) 7th and 8th May
(B) 21st & 23rd May
(C) 11th & 13th May
(D) 9th & 11th May
2. Which of the following countries had built the ‘‘Barlev line linear defence’’ during the Arab-Israel war of 1973 ?
3. Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) is the Defence Framework Agreement between :
(A) India and Israel
(B) India and Russia
(C) India and United States
(D) India and ASEAN
4. The term ‘Military-Industrial Complex’ gained popularity after its use by which leader ?
(A) President Dwight D. Eizenhower
(B) President Harry S. Truman
(C) Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) President Franklin D. Roosevelt
5. European Space Agency’s main space port/(Launching Site) lies in :
(A) Kourou-French Guiana
(B) Moresby-Papua, New Guinea
(C) CERN, Geneva
(D) Catania, Italy
6. The UN agency which looks after the problem of refugees is ………….
7. The term ‘Equal Security’ is related with :
(A) The UN High Commission for Refugees
(B) The UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights
(C) Security Council
(D) League of Nations
8. Which one of the following members are composed in the International Court of Justice ?
(A) 15 members
(B) 20 members
(C) 35 members
(D) 50 members
9. In which year did Chernobyl disaster take place ?
10. The IAEA implements which one of the following types of safeguards in Nuclear Weapon States (NWS) ?
(A) Facility-specific safeguards
(B) Voluntary-Offer Agreement (VOA) safeguards
(C) Comprehensive safeguards
(D) Type-66 safeguards
11. In case of non-compliance of safeguards agreement by state parties, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reports such cases to the ………………………. .
(A) United Nations General Assembly
(B) United Nations Secretary-General
(C) Conference on Disarmament
(D) United Nations Security Council
12. In 1978, Camp David Accords were signed between …………… …………. .
(A) America and Soviet Union
(B) Egypt and Israel
(C) Syria and Israel
(D) Egypt and Jordan
13. India shares its longest land borders with :
14. Identify the correct sequence of Induction in Indian Air Force of the following aircrafts in their chronological order :
(A) MIG, Sukhoi, Gnat, Mirage
(B) Gnat, MIG, Jaguar, Sukhoi
(C) Tejas, Gnat, MIG, Mirage
(D) MIG, Gnat, Jaguar, Sukhoi
15. The term PGM stands for :
(A) Precision Guided Munition
(B) Poor Grade Munition
(C) Permanent Guided Missile
(D) Precision Guided Military
16. Operation Sea Waves is rescue and relief efforts carried out by Indian Armed Forces in :
(B) Sri Lanka
(D) Andaman and Nicobar
17. Operation Maitri, is rescue and relief operation launched by Indian Armed Forces to help :
18. (1) : Peace operations are shaped by the political imperative to manage public opinion.
(2) : This imperative is generated by political sensitivity to casualties, particularly in what are essentially wars of choice.
(A) (1) and (2) are correct and (2) supports the statement (1)
(B) (1) and (2) are incorrect
(C) (1) is correct and (2) is incorrect
(D) (1) is incorrect and (2) is correct
19. India has maritime boundary with how many countries ?
20. In June 2015, Indian Army carried out surgical strikes in Myanmar to destroy Militant camps of :
(A) NABN (K) and KYKL
(B) NOON (K) and KYYL
(C) NSCN (K) and KYKL
(D) NNGN (K) and KYKL
|Mock Test||Objective Papers|
|Sample Papers||UGC NET Solved Papers|
21. Which of the following is not a member of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) ?
(A) Defence Minister
(B) Home Minister
(D) Prime Minister
22. The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation Charter, it was signed. Choose the correct date, year and city …………….
(A) Kathmandu on 13th August 1981
(B) New Delhi on 10th December 1986
(C) Dhaka on 8th December 1985
(D) Kabul on 8th December 1979
23. Name the disaster which is caused due to deficiency of rainfall :
24. IAF rescue operations of 2013 North India floods is known as :
(A) Operation Raahat
(B) Operation Rahat
(C) Operation Rabat
(D) Operation Airlift
25. Tornadoes are common in which country ?
26. The term ‘Ring of Fire’ relates to :
(A) An area in the Indian Ocean where disasters occur
(B) Technique used to control forest fires
(C) An area around Pacific Ocean where maximum number of Volcanic eruptions is witnessed
(D) A military exercise using rings and fire
27. Which International Convention applies to territorial waters and Maritime zones of a country ?
(A) Kyoto Protocol
28. Where is the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information located ?
29. Which one of the following is an Industrial Disaster ?
(A) Tsunami 2004
(B) Uttarakhand Disaster
(C) Bhopal Gas Tragedy
(D) Nepal Earthquake
30. Identify the correct expansion of GSI :
(A) Geographical Studies in India
(B) Geographical Survey of India
(C) Geological Studies in India
(D) Geological Survey of India
31. The intensity of the Seismic Zone is measured using which scale ?
32. SAARC Disaster Management Centre is located at :
(B) New Delhi
33. At the end of 1962 war, China occupied large part of which Indian territory ?
(B) Siliguri Corridor
(C) Yatung Valley
(D) Chunbi Valley
34. The disciple of defence economics mostly concentrates on :
(A) Pre-war economy
(B) Mobilization of military resources
(C) Planning, Programming and Budgeting of resources for defence requirements
(D) Allocation of natural resources
35. Which one of the following is Ricardo’s contribution to defence expenditure ?
(A) Prohibitive tariff policy
(B) Military Taxation
(C) External Sources of Finance
(D) How to raise Finance Wars ?
36. Defence expenditure of India has remained within the government’s desired objectives of ………………… .
(A) Budgetary balance
(B) Economic stability
(C) Equitable growth
(D) All of the above
37. ………………… was first economist to consider the implications of defence expenditure for society.
(A) Govin Kennedy
(B) Adam Smith
(C) Margaret Doxey
(D) Jai Narain Sharma
38. By which event, India’s Defence expenditure was suddenly increased to almost double due to …………….. .
(A) Partition of India
(B) Sino-Indian War, 1962
(C) Indo-Pakistan War, 1965
(D) Indo-Pak War 1971
39. Who wrote the book, ‘‘An Enquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations ?
(A) Adam Smith
(C) David Ricardo
(D) Jean Baptiste Say
40. In which of the following countries was Economic Sanction imposed by US government ?
(A) South Korea
41. Britain economic blockade of Germany was made official in :
(A) March 1912
(B) March 1913
(C) March 1914
(D) March 1915
42. (1) ‘Geneva’ law is concerned with the protection of victims of armed conflict.
(2) ‘Hague’ law is concerned with the methods and means of warfare.
(A) (1) and (2) are correct
(B) (1) is right and (2) is wrong
(C) (1) and (2) are wrong
(D) (1) is wrong and (2) is right
43. Who among the following is an exponent of conflict-peace studies ?
(A) Rosa Luxemburg
(B) Kenneth Boulding
(C) Herbert Butterfield
(D) Peter Laslett
44. Who introduced the concept of ‘Public Good’ in relation to Defence expenditure ?
(A) Kavic, Lorne J.
(B) Kannedy, Gavin
(C) Adolf Wagner
(D) Adam Smith
45. Defence economics mostly focussed on ……………..
(A) Post-war economy
(B) Pre-war economy
(C) Allocation of war-potential
(D) Planning and Budgeting of defence requirements
46. Which one of the following is an example of Slow-onset disaster ?
47. National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) consists of how many battalions ?
48. The name of the Indian Military wing which has custody of India’s nuclear triad is …………………….. .
(A) Strategic Air Command
(B) Strategic Forces Command
(C) Strategic Plans Division
(D) Strategic and Cyber Command
49. Who is currently heading India’s National Command Authority ?
(A) Prime Minister of India
(B) India’s National Security Advisor
(C) President of India
(D) Chief of Strategic Forces Command
50. Which one of the following organs of the UNO has ceased to exist ?
(A) Security Council
(B) Trusteeship Council
(C) Economic and Social Council
(D) Human Rights Commission