Aspirants can find free downloading for Topic wise Sociology MCQs Question Papers. Applicants can just click on those Sociology MCQs Question Papers and practice them to get a good score. The applicants who are searching for the Sociology MCQs Question Papers reached the right page.
You can get all the MCQs Papers of here. These MCQs papers are very helpful for boosting your preparation. Hence, applicants can download the Sociology MCQs Papers with Answers pdf from the below free downloading links. Here are certain direct links are given to download the Sociology MCQs Question Papers to help the participants who are in preparation for their exams.
MCQs Question Papers on Sociology
1. Which of the following books is not written by K. Mannheim?
(A) Diagnosis of Our Time
(B) Structures of Thinking
(C) The Sociology of Knowledge
2. According to Durkheim what is the subject matter of Sociology?
(A) Social Facts
(B) Social Actions
(C) Social Systems
(D) Social Patterns
3. Which of the following is not true about the sample units?
(A) Sample units must be chosen in an objective manner
(B) They must be independent of each other
(C) Once selected, they cannot be discarded
(D) They must be interchangeable
4. Who among the following propounded the Alliance Theory?
(A) A.R. Brown
(B) Claude Levi Strauss
(C) B. Malinowski
(D) F. Meyer
5. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) Ethnomethodology examines the ‘folk’ methods
(B) Ethnomethodology challenges existing concept of objective reality
(C) Ethnomethodology uses interpretative approach rather than normative approach
(D) Ethnomethodology emphasizes on study of macro structures in society
6. National policy on older persons was announced in India in which year?
7. Who understands actions in terms of the subjectively interpretative meaning of Social Action?
(A) E. Durkheim
(B) V. Pareto
(C) T. Parsons
(D) M. Weber
8. ‘‘The process by which actors fail to recognise that it is their labour that gives the commodities their value’’, is termed by Marx as:
9. The process of inculcation of norms, values and culture is known as …………………… .
10. Which one of the following measures of central tendency is a positional average?
(D) Both (A) and (B)
11. K. Mannheim distinguishes between two types of ideologies. Which are these two ideologies?
(A) Total-conception and Partialconception
(B) Democratic and Authoritarian
(C) Egalitarian and Non-egalitarian
(D) Radical and Conservative
12. Who wrote about ‘Death of the Social’?
13. Who argues that myths can be a type of speech through which structural principles could be discovered?
(A) A.R. Radcliffe-Brown
(B) P. Bourdieu
(C) M. Foucault
(D) C. Levi-Strauss
14. ‘‘Glass ceiling’’ is the term used in the context of:
(A) Occupational gender segregation
(B) Women’s promotion
(C) Job insecurity
(D) Emotional labour
15. Respondent’s name is changed but location is not changed. This suggests ………………. .
(A) Breach of faith
(B) Breach of morality
(C) Breach of anonymity
(D) Breach of promise
16. Which one of the following is not a part of post-modernism?
(A) Progress, universalism
(B) Chaos, difference
17. Fordist organization is characterized by:
(A) Standardization of commodities
(B) Decentralization of labour
(D) Tailor-made goods
18. Irawati Karve has divided kinship organization into ………………… .
(A) Two zones
(B) Three zones
(C) Four zones
(D) Five zones
19. Given below are two statements, one is labelled as Assertion (A) and other as Reason (R):
Assertion (A): Ambient air quality of Delhi is deteriorating day by day.
Reason (R): Stubble burning in Panjab and Haryana affects air quality in Delhi.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are correct but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
20. Which of the following methods has been used by C. Geertz?
(A) Participant observation
(B) Systematic observation
(C) Thick description
(D) Systematic description
21. H. Garfinkel’s work is associated with …………………… .
(A) Conversation analysis
(B) Content analysis
(C) Discursive analysis
(D) Discourse analysis
22. Gandhi’s notion of Antyodaya refers to:
(B) Assimilation of Harijan
(C) Inclusion of Harijan
(D) Rights to the bottommost section
23. ‘‘Neoliberalism and rise of neofundamentalist movements are two sides of the same coin.’’ Who said it?
(A) M. Castells
(B) D. Harvey
(C) S. Sassen
(D) P. Bourdieu
24. ‘‘Episteme’’ is …………………. .
(A) Socio-historical method to analyse impact of power on discourse
(B) Analysis of archeological forms
(C) Unidimensional understanding of pre-existing codes
(D) Framework of knowledge that shapes discourse and helps in specific understanding of the world
25. Which of the following is a characteristic of qualitative methods?
(A) Emphasis on the exploration of meaning
(B) Emphasis on the precision of data
(C) Emphasis on the exploration of generalized central tendencies
(D) Emphasis on researcher’s objectivity
26. Confidentiality does not mean ………………… .
(A) Changing names
(C) Protecting identity of respondants
(D) Funders will have access to respondants
27. The farmers’ movements by the middle peasantry are mainly concerned with ……………….. .
(A) Redistribution of land
(B) Equal share to sharecroppers
(C) Fair price for crops
(D) Getting rid of the middlemen
28. When was the ‘National Cyber Security Policy’ enacted in India?
29. Ethnography implies:
(A) People are meaning makers
(B) Objective study
(C) Research people
(D) Proximity of researcher
30. Which was the report published by the ‘Club of Rome’ in the context of rise of green movements public concern about environmental problems?
(A) Our Common Future
(B) The Limits to Growth
(C) Sustainable Development
(D) Green Peace
31. Which among the following is not among the core objectives of India’s Forest Rights Act, 2006?
(A) Recognition of community forest rights
(B) Securing livelihood of the forest community
(C) Empowerment of local self government
(D) Empowerment of tribals
32. For which one of sampling types lottery method and Random numbers are used for selecting the sample?
(A) Cluster sampling
(B) Multi-phase sampling
(C) Quota sampling
(D) Simple random sampling
33. Which of the following is not the characteristic of informal economy?
(C) Homebased work
(D) Collective bargaining
34. Which of the following is not analyzed in post-modernist research?
(B) Gaps and silences
35. In an unstructured interview ………………….. also need to be interpreted.
(C) Silences and pauses
36. An Epistemological position that privileges study of the subjective position and analysis of context is called ………………. .
37. Gandhi as a thinker gives equal importance to ………………. .
(A) Technological and spiritual development
(B) Social reforms and political freedom
(C) Social, political and economic development
(D) Spiritual development and swaraj
38. According to Giddens’ structuration theory what constitutes the ‘structure’?
(A) Values and Norms
(B) Statuses and Roles
(C) Actors and Interactions
(D) Rules and Resources
39. Which five year plan document gave primacy to the empowerment of women?
40. The societies that are founded on extensive gathering of recording, storage, analysis and application of information on individuals and groups to monitor their activities are called ………………… .
(A) Surveillance societies
(B) Controlling society
(C) Subservient society
(D) Closed society
41. Who stated, “Property is theft”?
(A) K. Marx
(B) Saint Simon
(C) P. Proudhon
(D) A. Smith
42. Reconstituted family is also known as ……………… .
(A) Blended family
(B) Bi-nuclear family
(C) Stem family
(D) Extended family
43. Which one of the following is not the characteristic of a census town?
(A) A minimum population of 5000
(B) At least 75% of male main working population engaged in non-agricultural pursuits
(C) A urban local body
(D) A density of population at least 400 persons per sq. km.
44. The changes in material culture take place ……………… .
(A) At a faster rate than the nonmaterial culture
(B) Slower rate than non-material culture
(C) Simultaneously in material and non-material culture
(D) At a faster in traditional society and at slower rate than the advanced society
45. According to whom, in modern societies the ‘life world’ is increasingly colonized?
(A) A. Giddens
(B) J. Habermas
(C) H. Marcuse
(D) T. Adorno
46. Who is closely associated with the concept ‘Mortification of self’?
(A) T. Parsons
(B) E. Goffman
(C) H. Blumer
(D) G. H. Mead
47. Neo-liberalism differs from Welfarism in ……………. .
(A) Private ownership
(B) Flow of capital
(C) Free market
(D) Free labour
48. Alfred Schutz attempted the critique of whose theory of Social Action?
(A) Max Weber
(B) T. Parsons
(C) G. H. Mead
(D) V. Pareto
49. Which feminist scholar has distinguished between two distinct forms of patriarchy, namely, private patriarchy and public patriarchy?
(A) Shulamith Firestone
(B) Sylvia Walby
(C) Bell Hooks
(D) R. W. Connell
50. Who has been the prime mover in the formation of the Indian Sociological Society?
(A) Radha Kamal Mukerjee
(B) Irawati Karve
(C) G. S. Ghurye
(D) M. N. Srinivas