Indian Geography Questions and Answers
Indian Geography Questions and Answers Papers pdf will be available here for download. Therefore, all the contenders can make use of this chance and start to download the Indian Geography Solved Question Papers.
Because by solving the Indian Geography Objective Model Papers you can improve your knowledge. Also, check for download the Indian Geography MCQ Papers with Solutions from the link provided below. The Indian Geography Quiz helps you to prepare well for the exam topic wise and obtain very good marks.
Therefore, go through this post thoroughly and download the Indian Geography Last Year Question Papers. All these questions on Indian Geography are collected from previous year papers and compiled by us.
Questions and Answers on Indian Geography
1. The most important of the nontariff trade barriers are :
(B) Health regulations
(C) Pollution standards
(D) Labelling and packaging regulations
2. Where was the first cotton mill in India established?
3. Which of the following steel plants is not managed by Indian Steel Authority Limited ?
(A) Selaam Rust resistant Steel Plant
(B) Vishakhapatnam Steel Plant
(C) Alloy Steel Plant, Durgapur
(D) Bokaro Steel Plant
4. The first solar city of India, is
(A) Anandpur Sahib
5. Where is the Integral Coach Factory situated ?
6. Where was the first Cotton Mill in India established ?
(B) Bombay (now Mumbai)
7. The cost producing iron in India is considerably lower than in other countries because of
(A) low wage of miners
(B) large supply of iron ore
(C) large supply of coal
(D) coal and iron ore are found in the same area
8. Which among the following integrated iron installation does not come under the management of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) ?
9. Which among the following city of India used first electricity commercially?
10. Which of the following is correctly matched with regard to thermal power projects ?
(A) Korba-Uttar Pradesh
(B) Ramagundam-Tamil Nadu
(C) Talcher-Andhra Pradesh
11. What should be the proportion of forest cover for India to maintain her ecological balance?
(A) 11.1 percent
(B) 22.2 percent
(C) 33.3 percent
(D) 44.4 percent
12. Which one of the following areas is noted for mangrove vegetation?
(A) Lava forest of Kalimpong.
(B) Sajnekhali forest of South 24 Parganas.
(C) Dandakaranya forest of Orissa
(D) Carbet National Park of U.P.
13. Where is the Bandipur National Park?
(B) Andhra Pradesh
14. Where is the Forest Research Institute located?
15. Which is the first national park established in India?
(A) Velvadan National Park
(B) Periyar National Park
(C) Bandipur National Park
(D) Corbett National Park
16. The Sundarbans or the ‘Mangrove’ forests are found in
(A) Kutch Peninsula
(B) Western Ghats
(C) Konkan Coast
(D) Deltaic West Bengal
17. World’s maximum newsprint comes from–
(A) Deciduous forest
(B) Monsoon forest
(C) Mangrove forest
(D) Rainfed forest
18. Which of the following is not correctly matched with regard to Project Tiger Reserves?
(D) Nagarjunasagar-Sri Sailam
19. Where in India can you normally spot the Siberian crane in winter ?
(A) Sasangir Sanctuary
(B) Ranthambore Sanctuary
(C) Dachigam National Park
(D) Keoladeo Ghana Sanctuary
20. The famous ‘Gir’ forests are located in
Geography of India
|State and Union Territories||Forest and National Park|
|Political Geography||Climate of India|
|Transportation and Ports||Drainage, Irrigation and Rivers|
|Industries and Trade||Geomorphology|
21. The largest irrigation canal in India is called the :
(A) Yamuna canal
(B) Sirhand canal
(C) Indira Gandhi canal
(D) Upper Bari Doab canal
22. Which of the following rivers makes an estuary?
23. Asia’s first underground Hydel Project is located in which of the following States in India?
(A) Jammu & Kashmir
(B) Himachal Pradesh
(C) Arunachal Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
24. Which of the following is a river flowing from Central India and joining Yamuna/ Ganga?
25. Girna Project is situated in
(A) Andhra Pradesh
26. Farakka Barrage was commissioned to
(A) save Kolkata port
(B) link North and South Bengal
(C) supply drinking water to Kolkata
(D) divert water to Bangla-desh
27. River Damodar is called ‘Sorrow of Bengal’ because it
(A) gets flooded often causing havoc
(B) causes maximum soil erosion
(C) forms number of dangerous waterfalls
(D) is not a perennial river
28. On which river has the Hirakud Dam been built ?
29. The highest multipurpose dam built on the river Ravi is–
(A) Bhakra Nagal
(C) Ranjit Sagar dam
(D) Rihand dam
30. The longest river of Peninsular India is :
31. The famous Lagoon lake of India is :
(A) Dal Lake
(B) Chilka Lake
(C) Pulicat Lake
32. Where is ‘Raisina Hills’?
(A) Where Rashtrapati Bhavan is situated
(B) The Hill feature in Srinagar, otherwise known as ‘Shankaracharya Hill’
(C) The place where the Dogra rulers of J & K built their fort in Jammu.
(D) The rock feature at Kanyakumari where Swami Vivekananda’s statue was erected.
33. Which of the following passes lies in the Sutlej valley ?
(A) Nathu La
(B) Jelep La
(C) Shipki La
34. Where is Khyber Pass situated?
35. Where is Panzseer valley situated ?
(C) Jammu and Kashmir, India
36. The piligrims of Kailash Mansarovar have to pass through which pass to enter into Tibet ?
(C) Lipu likh
(D) Nathu la
37. Which of the following cities lies to the western-most longitude ?
38. Which one of the following river flows through a rift valley ?
39. Duncan Passage is located between
(A) South and Little Andaman
(B) North and South Andaman
(C) North and Middle Andaman
(D) Andaman and Nicobar
40. India lies in the ……………. hemisphere.
(A) northern and eastern
(B) southern and eastern
(C) northern and western
(D) northern and southern
41. The density of population in an area is measured by the number of
42. The state which has recently overtaken Karnataka for the top rank in the production of bio-fertilisers is :
(A) Tamil Nadu
43. Maximum number of sugar factories are located in :
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(B) Tamil Nadu
44. Which state is famous for stepwells?
45. The largest Union Territory of India is
(C) Andaman and Nicobar Islands