Sociology Mock Test Papers
Aspirants can find free downloading for Topic wise Sociology Mock Test Papers. Applicants can just click on those Sociology Mock Test Papers and practice them to get a good score. The applicants who are searching for the Sociology Mock Test Papers reached the right page. You can get all the Important Papers of here.
These Important papers are very helpful for boosting your preparation. Hence, applicants can download the Sociology Important Papers with Answers pdf from the below free downloading links. Here are certain direct links are given to download the Sociology Mock Test Papers to help the participants who are in preparation for their exams.
Mock Test Papers on Sociology
1. Sengupta Commission was appointed to look into ………………… .
(A) Industrial growth
(B) Agricultural crisis
(C) Science and technology development
(D) Enterprises in unorganized sector
2. Who is of the opinion that the life world is a micro world where people interact and communicate?
3. Which statement is not correct about sustainable development?
(A) Conservation of ecology is important in development.
(B) Improvement of the quality of human life is important in development
(C) Development should result in higher per capita income
(D) Development should reduce inequalities in access to resources
4. Neo-Marxism is primarily a reaction against which component of Marxian theory?
(A) Class conflict
(C) Economic determinism
5. Who argues that agency and structure cannot be separated from one another?
6. Which is the largest tribe in India?
7. The Commission appointed to examine enterprises in the unorganised sector is ……………… .
(A) Sachhar Commission
(B) Srikrishna Commission
(C) Sengupta Commission
(D) Ambani Commission
8. Development perspective defines women as …………………….. .
(A) Partners in development
(B) Beneficiary of welfare schemes
(C) Target population
(D) Objects of charity
9. Which of the following schedules of the constitution deals with the administration and control of scheduled areas as well as the scheduled tribes in states other than Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura ……………………. .
(A) 3rd and 4th schedule
(B) 7th and 8th schedule
(C) 5th Schedule
(D) 10th Schedule
10. Poverty line denotes ………………. .
(A) Prevailing standards of what is not needed
(B) Minimum standard of calories and nutritional intake
(C) Adequate housing
(D) Inadequate money and power
11. ‘Integrated Tribal Development Project’ was launched in India in the year ……………. .
(A) 1975 A.D.
(B) 1980 A.D.
(C) 1983 A.D.
(D) 1987 A.D.
12. According to Weber, Bureaucracy is……………………. .
(A) A response to administrative requirements of Industrial societies
(B) A response to demand for efficiency and rational organization
(C) A response to science and technology
(D) A response to market forces for augmentation of profits
13. Which of the following is not an example of intergenerational conflict based on gender?
(A) Mother forcing daughter to laugh in a low voice
(B) Father banning daughter to attend college
(C) Senior boss dominating young colleague
(D) Mother-in-law forcing daughter-in-law to leave job
14. Domestic violence includes which of the following:
(i) Physical violence
(ii) Mental Torture
(iii) Sexual Abuse
(iv) Social Exclusion
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(A) (i) and (ii)
(B) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(C) (i) and (iv)
(D) (i), (iii) and (iv)
15. Habermas focuses on ……………… .
(A) Structure and institution
(C) Knowledge and human interests
(D) Culture and agency
16. Displacement is forcible removal of population for developmental projects. Which example from the following list does not indicate displacement?
(A) Highway construction rehabilitation
(B) Migration to new township
(C) Rehabilitation due to wildlife sanctuary
(D) Rehabilitation due to dam
17. According to which five year plan of India “With a growth rate averaging 8.7 percent, India has become one of the fastest growing economies in the world”.
(A) 10th plan
(B) 9th plan
(C) 12th plan
(D) 11th plan
18. Select the pair of percentages for schedule castes and scheduled tribes in India in 2011.
(A) 18.2 and 16.2
(B) 16.2 and 20.2
(C) 29.2 and 16.2
(D) 16.2 and 8.2
19. Which theory is regarded as a summary of Giddens’ sociological writing?
20. WID approach focuses on:
(A) Gender mainstreaming
(B) Gender segregation
(C) Incorporating women in development activities
(D) Gender equality
|Practice Set||Previous Papers|
|Mock Test||Sample Papers|
|Important Question||Model Question|
21. The Telangana movement had begun in 1946 in the ……………….. .
(A) Warrangal district of Hyderabad state
(B) Bidar district of Hyderabad state
(C) Nalgonda district of Hyderabad state
(D) Dinajpur district of Bengal state
22. Post-modernism is associated with which society?
23. Who attributed regional inequalities in developing countries to the ‘Spiral of cumulative causation’?
(A) Gunnar Myrdal
(B) Samir Amin
(C) Karl Marx
(D) Amartya Sen
24. Foucault’s research interests were broadly in three areas of history. Which are they?
(I) Study of psychiatry
Select the correct answer according to the codes given below:
(A) (I) and (II)
(B) (II), (III) and (IV)
(C) (I), (II) and (III)
(D) (I), (III) and (IV)
25. Deviance is relative because ……………….. .
(A) There is no absolute way of defining confirmity and deviant behaviour
(B) Law has loopholes
(C) Deviance is absolute
(D) Deviance is seen as dysfunctional to society
26. In the current neoliberal globalization phase, women are forced to search for jobs. This is called:
(A) Feminization of poverty
(B) Women as partners in development
(C) Mainstreaming gender
(D) Gender equality
27. Which one is the correct statement about Neo functionalism?
(A) Social institutions have universal positive functions
(B) Deviance and social control are realities within social system
(C) Only a commitment to common values provides a basis for order in society
(D) Order and stability is essential for the maintenance of the social system
28. Who wrote the book titled “An Essay on the Principle of Population”?
29. The civilization of India is divided into:
(A) Little tradition and great tradition
(B) Big tradition and small tradition
(C) Great and short tradition
(D) Superior and inferior tradition
30. Term ‘Glocalization’ suggests ……………. .
(A) Homogeneity between local and global culture
(B) Major modification of global products for local markets
(C) Uniformity between local and global education
(D) Professionalization of education
31. Who used metaphorical investigations to study everyday life of people?
(A) Erving Goffman
(D) J. Alexander
32. The rise of the village is bound up with the rise of …………………… .
(A) nomadic mode of production
(B) agricultural economy
(C) food gathering economy
(D) barter economy
33. Jajmani system was ………………….. .
(A) an economic system
(B) a social system
(C) a political system
(D) a class system
34. Jajmani system is characterised by:
(A) Money economy
(B) Barter system
(C) Political system
(D) Religious system
35. Customs are also called ………………
36. What is the main objective of Dormitories in tribal community?
(A) Sex education
(C) Sense of living together
(D) Sharing of responsibility
37. The philosophy of phenomenology focuses on:
(A) Intersubjective consciousness of individual
(B) Social structure
(C) Conflicts in society
(D) Functions of social institutions
38. Eco-Feminism combines insights from ………… .
(A) Cultural feminism and Marxism
(B) Cultural feminism and Sustainable development
(C) Postmodernism and feminism
(D) Ecological perspective and socialist feminism
39. The process of globalization promoted …………….. .
(B) Migration of people
(C) Importance of nation-state
(D) Global friendship
40. Gini index/Gini ratio is related to …………………. .
(A) Inequality and poverty
41. Which one of the following is not impact of globalization on women?
(A) Created new areas of women’s advancement
(B) Lead to new challenges for women
(C) Not changed fundamental inequality of gender
(D) Visibility in media
42. Who used concept of indexicality in ethnomethodology?
(B) Erving Goffman
(C) Alfred Schutz
(D) Peter Berger
43. National Policy on Education 1986 laid stress on:
(A) Giving special attention to Arts and Humanities
(B) Giving attention to management education
(C) Improving quality of education at all stages
(D) Restructuring the curriculum
44. Emile Durkheim belongs to:
(A) Formalistic school
(B) Synthetic school
(C) Conflict school
(D) Specialistic school
45. Generally the term cultural-lag refers to:
(A) Material culture
(B) Non-material culture
(C) Hiatus between material and non-material culture
(D) Culture at a given point of time
46. In a simple society it was believed that state was the:
(A) Product of force
(B) Divine origin
(C) Informal organisation
(D) Expansion of families
47. When two persons form a relationship, it is called:
(A) a societal relationship
(B) an associational relationship
(C) a dyadical relationship
(D) an institutional relationship
48. Which one of the following does not imply membership?
(D) Secondary group
49. The main characteristic of society is:
(A) Specific goals
(B) Mutual awareness
(C) Specific means
(D) Specific territory