Aspirants can find free downloading for Topic wise Sociology Sample Question Papers. Applicants can just click on those Sociology Sample Question Papers and practice them to get a good score. The applicants who are searching for the Sociology Sample Question Papers reached the right page. You can get all the Sample Papers of here.
These Sample papers are very helpful for boosting your preparation. Hence, applicants can download the Sociology Sample Papers with Answers pdf from the below free downloading links. Here are certain direct links are given to download the Sociology Sample Question Papers to help the participants who are in preparation for their exams.
Sample Question Papers on Sociology
1. According to Talcott Parsons which are the two functions of family?
(A) Rearing of child and socialisation
(B) Primary socialization and personality stabilization
(C) Personality development and stabilization
(D) Maintain kinship network and socialization
2. Find out which of the following is a part of the exploratory or formulative studies?
(A) Analysis of ‘insight-stimulating’ cases
(B) Description of group characteristics
(C) Testing of hypothesis
(D) Variable analysis
3. Who among the following considered that the relationship between orient and occident is one of power, domination and hegemony?
(A) Anthony Giddens
(B) Manuel Castells
(C) Pierre Bourdieu
(D) Edward Said
4. Who among the following uses both the processes-opposition and mediation?
(A) Claude Levi-Strauss
(B) Clifford Geertz
(C) T. Parson
(D) M. Foucault
5. Who is credited with introducing the study of kinship systems to the gender studies?
(A) Neera Desai
(B) Leela Dube
(C) Irawati Karve
(D) Vina Majumdar
6. Which of the following is not the type of ‘capital’ given by Bourdieu in his theory?
7. A movement which combines spiritual, religious and social issues is best known as:
(A) Reform movement
(B) Alternative movement
(C) Transformative movement
(D) Millennium movement
8. Given below are two statements, one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other as Reason (R):
Assertion (A): Gated enclaves symbolize the exclusive urban development in India.
Reason (R): Only a few can afford to live in gated enclaves.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false but (R) is true
9. Gandhian idea of development focuses on ………………. .
(A) Private ownership
(B) Community ownership
(D) Government ownership
10. Which one of the following is not a principle of qualitative research?
(B) Inflexible research procedures
(C) Construction of reality
11. Which one of the following does not come under the domain of a survey?
(A) Information about specific persons
(B) Information about specific problem
(C) Tested general knowledge for formulating theory and general laws
(D) Improvement of social conditions of a specific locality
12. Whose name is closely associated with ‘The New Ecological Paradigm’ in view of development of environmental sociology?
(A) Hannigan, John
(B) Ariel Salleh
(C) Riley Dunlop and William R. Catton
(D) Rob White
13. Who is the author of ‘The Rise of the Network Society’?
(A) S. Sassen
(B) M. Castells
(C) R. Sennett
(D) J. Urry
14. Asylums, according to E. Gaffman is an example of a ……………… .
(A) reformative institution
(B) total institution
(C) political institution
15. Who is the author of the book, ‘Sociology of Economic Life’?
(A) M. Weber
(B) T. Parsons
(C) N. Smelser
(D) Karl Marx
16. Which of the following arguments about gender is incorrect?
(A) A social construct
(B) Based on biological differences
(C) Allows analysis of powerrelations between women and men
(D) Has intersectionality perspective
17. Research ethics prescribe guidelines to protect from …………… .
(A) Harm to participants
(B) Pollution of mind
18. Who has written the book ‘In the Belly of the River: Tribal Conflicts Over Development in Narmada Valley’?
(A) Patrick McCully
(B) Ramachandra Guha
(C) Madhav Gadgil
(D) Amita Baviskar
19. Who used the concept of indexicality?
(A) Harold Garfinkel
(B) Erving Goffman
(C) Alfred Schutz
(D) Karl Manheim
20. ‘Network Enterprise’ is the organizational form best suited to a global, informational economy.’ Who said this?
(A) M. Castells
(B) M. Albrow
(C) A. Giddens
(D) G. Ritzer
21. C. Geertz’s interpretative approach to cultural anthropology considers culture as ……………… .
22. According to whom classes in Indian agriculture can be identified in terms of surplus value and economic exploitation?
(A) D. N. Dhanagre
(B) Utsa Patnaik and Ashok Rudra
(C) Danial Thorner
(D) Ramkrishna Mukherjee
23. M. Foucault refers to governmentality as ……………….. .
(A) Broad acceptance of dominant norms
(B) Totalitarian state mentality
(D) Power through knowledge
24. Who argues that kinship is based on the alliance between two families formed when women of one group marry men from the other group?
(A) B. Malinowski
(B) A. R. Radcliffe Brown
(C) Claude Levi-Strauss
(D) Clifford Geertz
25. ‘Welfare decommodification’ refers to:
(A) Welfare is provided publicly notwithstanding one’s income or resources
(B) Welfare is provided on the basis of one’s income and resources
(C) Welfare is provided through market like goods and services
(D) Welfare is aimed at social stability, stable families and loyalty to state
26. Which one of the following is not a characteristic of ethnographic research?
(A) Social interaction
(B) Researcher as learner
(C) Short-term observation
(D) First-hand observation
27. Which of the following is most polluted city in India by particulate matter (2.5)?
28. Power excercised through force or threat of force is known as ………… .
29. Relationship in the community are ………………. .
(A) Intimate and achieved
(B) Durable, ascribed and impersonal
(C) Intimate, achieved and durable
(D) Intimate, durable and ascribed
30. Which is the oldest environmental movement in India?
(A) Chipko Movement
(B) Bishnoi Movement
(C) Jungle Bachao Andolan
(D) Appiko Movement
31. Most common type of Domestic violence is ……………… .
(A) Wife battering
(B) Child abuse
(C) Elderly abuse
(D) Sibling violence
32. The belief in technology as determining factor in all fields of life is called:
33. Jarawas is a tribe from …………… .
(B) Andaman Island
34. Which of the following creates gender roles in a society?
(A) Biological differences
(D) Political institution
35. Who believed that caste system is based on the principles of hierarchy, the binary opposition of pure and impure?
(A) S. C. Dube
(B) M. N. Srinivas
(C) G. S. Ghurye
(D) Louis Dumont
36. Which famous work of Marx mentions the following lines “History of all hitherto existing societies is the history of class struggle”?
(A) A Contribution to the Critique of Political Economy
(B) The Poverty of Philosophy
(D) The Communist Manifesto
37. In which book social movements around local and neighbourhood rights are analysed by Manuel Castells?
(A) The Urban Question
(B) The City and the Grassroots
(C) The Rise of Network Society
(D) The Power of Identity
38. Which one of the following is correct about secularism in India?
(A) Separation between state and religion
(B) Equal treatment to all religions
(C) Quality of education for all
(D) Dual citizenship for all
39. According to Weber which of the following is not the characteristic of ideal types?
(C) Analytical tool
(D) Not found empirically anywhere
40. Who is the author of the book “Gender Troubles”?
(A) Ann Phillips
(B) Patricia Hill Collins
(C) Judith Butler
(D) Sylvia Walby
41. Homosexuality is:
(A) The orientation of sexual activities towards same sex person
(B) The orientation of sexual activities towards opposite sex person
(C) The orientation of sexual activities towards same sex before marriage
(D) The orientation of sexual activities towards same sex, but allowed only for men
42. Who proposed the pedagogy “Learner as a Co-creator of Knowledge”?
(A) C. W. Mills
(B) Paulo Freire
(C) R. K. Merton
(D) E. B. Tylor
43. Which of the following works of Prem Chowdhry refers to the cases of Honour Killings?
(A) The Veiled Women
(B) Gender Discrimination in Land Ownership
(C) Political Economy of Production and Reproduction
(D) Contentious Marriages, Eloping Couples
44. Test-retest method is used for determining:
(A) Validity of test scores
(B) Reliability of the test
(C) Neither (A) nor (B)
(D) Both (A) and (B)
45. Whose work among the following focussed on the ‘‘household dimension’’ of the family?
(A) Pauline Kolenda
(B) S.C. Dube
(C) K.M. Kapadia
(D) A.M. Shah
46. How ‘Forest Rights Act 2006’ defines ‘Bonafide Livelihood Needs’ of tribals?
(A) Fulfillment of livelihood needs of kinship groups
(B) Fulfillment of livelihood needs of self and family
(C) Fulfillment of livelihood needs and market needs
(D) Fulfillment of basic needs of all tribal groups
47. Who is the author of the book ‘‘The God Market: How globalization is making India more Hindu’’?
(A) Devdutt Pattanaik
(B) Karen Armstrong
(C) Austin Neill
(D) Meera Nanda
48. According to which sociologist, ‘rituals are sacred acts which represent the religious beliefs’?
(A) Max Weber
(B) Emile Durkheim
(C) Edward Tylor
(D) Gerhard Lenski
49. The Dispersion of the Indians beyond India is an example of:
50. Which one of the following is not used as a measure of Gender Related Development Index?
(A) Life expectancy at birth
(B) Adult literacy rate
(C) Earned income
(D) Participation in work-force