Home Science Sample Question Paper available. Many of the candidates had requested for the Home Science Sample Question Papers. For such candidates, we have provided the Home Science Sample Question Papers with Answer pdf to prepare better for the exam and have a career on this board.
Furthermore, the contenders can also find and download the Home Science Sample Question Papers from the link given below in the post. Start your preparations by solving the Home Science Sample Question Papers so that you can do well on your exams.
Sample Question Papers on Home Science
1. Which state has the lowest birth and infant morality rate in India?
(c) Himachal Pradesh
2. The basic measure of infant and child survival is the
(a) Under 3 Mortality
(b) Under 4 Mortality
(c) Under 5 Mortality
(d) Under 6 Mortality
3. The target groups under Special Nutrition Programme
(a) Children and pregnant mother in tribal areas.
(b) Children, pregnant and nursing mothers from all sections of society.
(c) Children, pregnant and nursing mothers from urban slum areas.
(d) Children below 6 years, pregnant and nursing mothers from urban slums, tribal and backward rural areas.
4. Following is the foremost symbol of India’s Commitment to her children
5. It is a low-cost technology for reducing infant mortality
(b) Breast feeding
(c) Growth monitoring
(d) family planning
6. Nutritional anaemia is a disease syndrome caused by
(a) Iron deficiency
(c) B12 deficiency
(d) Folio deficiency
7. Deaths occurring in the first __________ for reducing days of life are called
(a) Perinatal deaths
(b) Infant deaths
(c) Post neonatal deaths
(d) Neonatal deaths
8. Which is the main cation present in the intracellular fluid?
9. Following have larger surface area per unit body weight
(a) Old people
10. Which of the following has the highest percentage of glycogen?
11. Following control nerve irritability
12. For the heart muscles to contract in a normal way, the tissue fluid should always have enough of
13. Traces of _________ are present in bones, teeth, thyroid gland and skin.
14. Which of the following acts as a medium for Physiochemical changes going on in the body?
15. Persons suffering from gastro-intestinal disturbances are usually given:
(a) Liquid diet
(b) Soft diet
(c) Semi-liquid diet
(d) Semi-solid diet
16. The requirement is at its highest when lactation reaches its maximum
17. The protein found in egg is
18. Two methods of cooking
19. Which of the following give directions regarding packing, marking and labelling?
(d) Quality standard
20. Following programme is aimed at the all round development of a child
21. Which of the following renders assistance to raise the nutritional status of school going children?
22. Through photosynthesis, plants produces
23. Asepsis means
(a) Removal of micro-organisms
(b) Keeping out micro-organisms
(c) Killing micro-organisms
(d) Addition of micro-organisms
24. Which of the following gives the consumer an awareness of quality in accordance with the standards laid down?
25. The disaccharides:
(a) Glucose, fructose, galactose
(b) Sucrose, maltose, lactose
(c) Starch, dextrins, glycogen
(d) Caramel, cellulose, pectin
26. Which vitamin plays the role of natural antioxidants?
(a) Vitamin C
(b) Vitamin E
(c) Vitamin K
(d) Vitamin A
27. Which of the following maintains the electrolyte balance of the body and plays a role in the maintenance of body fluid?
28. Milk is a poorsource of
29. The protein present in hair is
30. The process of breaking down of complex matter into simpler ones is called
31. Nephrosclerosis may lead to
(a) Renal failure
(c) Cardiac failure
(d) Liver disease
32. Excessive amount of cholesterol causes
33. Adulteration due to lack of proper facilities
34. Modification of normal diet to meet the requirements of sick person is
(a) Therapeutic diet
(b) Diet therapy
(c) Meal planning
(d) Balanced diet
35. People whose BMI is less than 18.5 are considered
(c) Au obese
(d) None of the above
36. Following is a chronic metabolic disorder that prevents the body to utilise glucose completely or partially
(b) Diabetes Mellitus
(d) Kidney failure
37. Basal metabolism is influenced by
38. School lunch is a measure
(a) To provide balanced diet at low cost
(b) For improving health and nutrition of children
(c) To provide nutritious food
(d) All of the above
39. A low protein diet during pregnancy
(a) Effect milk secretion
(b) Cause teeth problem
(c) Results sickly child
(d) Cause Jaundice
40. Which of the following vitamins regulates serum level of calcium and phosphate?
(a) Vitamin A
(b) Vitamin B
(c) Vitamin D
(d) Vitamin K