In this Article, we have provided the Botany IIT JAM Question Papers along with Solutions. So, the interested candidates who applied for jobs in Botany IIT JAM can download Botany IIT JAM Question Papers for free of cost. Get all the Botany IIT JAM Question Papers with just one click. Click on the enclosed links below to download the Botany IIT JAM Question Papers.
Check the Last five years Botany IIT JAM Question Papers to get a clear idea of the exam pattern. Along with Botany IIT JAM Question Papers, it’s better to refer Botany IIT JAM Syllabus & Exam Pattern before starting preparation. So, click on link to check and download Botany IIT JAM Question Papers PDF.
Question Papers of Botany IIT JAM
1. Which one of the following pairs represents physical mutagens ?
(1) X-rays and ultraviolet rays
(2) a-rays and alkylating agents
(3) Base analogue and acridine dye
(4) Neutrons and Hydroxylamine
2. In which one of the following combinations, the compounds are arranged in ascending order based on their molecular weights ?
(1) DNA, RNA, AMP, ADP, ATP
(2) DNA, RNA, ATP, ADP, AMP
(3) AMP, ADP, ATP, RNA, DNA
(4) AMP, ATP, ADP, DNA, RNA
3. Which one of the following is not Patentable ?
(1) Various methods of generating useful biotechnological products
(2) Various biotechnological products e.g. antibiotics etc.
(3) An artificially synthesized gene
(4) Natural isolates of microorganisms
4. Which one of the following is not employed for sterilization in plant tissue culture technique ?
(4) Hot air oven
5. In which of the following DNA repair method there is simple direct reversal of damage ?
(1) Base excision repair
(2) Nucleotide excision repair
(3) Photo reactivation
(4) Mismatch repair
6. Alternative splicing of mRNA plays a very important role in a variety of eukaryotes, as it regulates
(1) Gene expression and protein diversity
(2) Termination of polypeptide chain
(3) Transfer of amino acids to tRNA
(4) Attachment of Poly-A tail to hnRNA
7. The vernalization treatment is perceived by
(2) Shoot apex
8. Wobble hypothesis is related to
(1) DNA replication
(2) DNA structure
(3) Genetic code
(4) Protein synthesis
9. Who gave the idea of developing artificial seeds for the first time ?
(1) T. Murashige (1977)
(2) Skoog and Miller (1957)
(3) Murashige and Skoog (1962)
(4) Gamborg et. al (1983)
10. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched ?
(1) Disaccharides : Glucose
(2) Oligosaccharides : Fructose
(3) Polysaccharides : Cellulose
(4) Monosaccharides : Chitin
11. When a short day plant (SD) and a long day plant (LD), both kept under favourable conditions for flowering, are exposed to a short flash of red light in the middle of the dark period
(1) both SD and LD plants will remain vegetative.
(2) both SD and LD plants will flower.
(3) SD plant will remain vegetative and LD plant will flower.
(4) SD plant will flower and LD plant will remain vegetative.
12. Richmond-Lang effect is due to which hormone in plants ?
13. The incorporation of bacterial gene into F factors and their subsequent transfer by conjugation to a recipient cell is called
(1) Specialized transduction
(4) Illegitimate recombination
14. Which one of the following is not of common occurrence in C 4 plants ?
(1) Kranz anatomy
(2) Phosphoenol pyruvate carboxylase
(3) Cyanide resistance pathway
15. If Ct value of real time PCR in a given sample is < 29, it is indicative of
(1) Abundant target nucleic acid in the sample.
(2) Moderate amounts of target nucleic acid in the sample.
(3) Minimal amounts of target nucleic acid in the sample.
(4) Total absence of target nucleic acid in the sample.
16. Which one of the selectable marker gene is often used in plant transformation studies ?
(1) npt II
(3) lac Z
17. Three point test cross is used for
(1) Gene transfer
(2) Gene conversion
(3) Gene regulation
(4) Gene mapping
18. Some molecules when added at low concentrations to the plant culture medium stimulate and enhance secondary metabolite production by plant cells, they are called
(1) Hairy root cultures
(2) Somaclonal variation
19. Which one of the following test gives us an idea about the divergence between the observed and expected frequencies and is also described as the test of ‘Goodness of fit’ ?
(3) Standard Deviation
(4) Chi square test
20. Which of the following proteins bring about controlled degradation of mitotic cyclins ?
(1) Chromatin remodelling complexes
(2) G-protein-coupled receptors
(3) Ubiquitin and Proteasome
(4) Growth factors and Cytokines
21. Initiation of polypeptide chain formation is always brought about at the site of a codon coding for an amino acid called
22. The general transcription factor with helicase activity responsible for the transition from the closed to open promoter complex is
(1) TF 11F
(2) TF 11H
(3) TF 11B
23. The garden pea (Pisum Sativum) has 14 chromosomes in each of its somatic cells. The number of linkage groups expected in the species is
24. During germination of barley seeds, the enzyme a-amylase is secreted by
(1) Seed coat
(3) Aleurone layer
25. ‘Drosha and Dicer’ are RNase III family members which play an important role in
(1) Biosynthesis of mRNA
(2) Maturation of micro-RNAs
(3) Termination of mRNA synthesis
(4) Biosynthesis of all types of RNAs
26. Androgenic haploids are most useful due to their
(1) high productivity
(2) excessive vigour
(3) homozygous stocks
(4) high protein content
27. All of the following represent types of frequency distribution curves except which one ?
(1) Symmetrical bell shaped
(2) Skewed to right or left
(3) T and U shaped distribution
(4) Forkline distribution
28. Which one of the following pairs” is not correctly matched ?
(1) Chromoplasts : Carotenoids
(2) Amyloplast : Proteins
(3) Chloroplast : Chlorophyll
(4) Oleosomes : Oils
29. The vesicles which collect and fuse at equatorial plane to form primary cell plate during cytokinesis are derived from which cell organelle ?
(2) Golgi complexes
30. Enzymes accelerate a reaction by which one of the following strategies ?
(1) By decreasing energy required to form the transition state.
(2) By increasing kinetic energy of the substrate.
(3) By increasing the free energy difference between substrate and the product.
(4) By increasing the turnover number of enzymes.
31. Which of the following explant is used for obtaining virus free plants ?
(3) Apical Meristem
32. The theory of Teminism explains that
(1) DNA serves as a template for RNA synthesis.
(2) Genetic code is universal.
(3) RNA can serve as a template for DNA formation.
(4) Replication of Eukaryotic DNA is semiconservative.
33. Tomato fruit tissue softening is primarily due to increased activity of which of the following enzyme ?
(1) Superoxide dismutase
(3) S-adenosyl methionine
34. Which one of the fruit is an example of climacteric fruit ?
35. The technique used to synthesize large quantities of specific DNA fragment without cloning is called
(1) Gene replication
(2) Gene polymerisation
(3) DNA amplification
(4) DNA electrophoresis
36. Which of the following is an effective barrier to the movement of water through the apoplast of the endodermis ?
(2) Primary phloem
(3) Primary xylem
(4) Casparian band
37. The pressure on cell wall produced due to swelling of vacuole is known as
(1) Diffusion pressure
(2) Osmotic pressure
(3) Turgor pressure
(4) Wall pressure
38. Danielli and Davson in 1935 proposed a model for
(1) DNA and histones in Chromatin
(2) RNA and proteins in Ribosomes
(3) Lipids and proteins in cell membrane
(4) Enzyme and co-enzymes in mitochondria
39. Which one of the disorders is not due to sex-linked inheritance ?
(1) Colour blindness
(3) Lesch-Nyhan syndrome
(4) Down’s syndrome
40. The idea that genes direct the production of enzymes was confirmed in 1940s by
(1) Edward Buchner
(2) Alexander Fleming
(3) George Beadle & Edward Tatum
(4) Batson and Punnett
41. Consider the following statements :
A. The A- and B-DNA are right handed helices
B. Z-DNA hasa left-handed helix.
C. Base pairs per turn are equal in A-, B- and Z-DNA.
D. B-DNA is the Watson-Crick model of the double helix.
Which of the above statements are correct ?
(1) A and B
(2) A, B and C
(3) A, Band D
(4) B, C and D
42. Calmodulin in plant and animal cells binds with
(1) Mg2+ ions
(2) Ca2+ ions
(3) Fe3+ ions
43. Which one of the Indian organisation collaborated with International Chickpea Genome Sequencing Consortium to give first draft genome sequence of chickpea ?
(1) IARI, New Delhi
(2) ICRISAT, Hyderabad
(3) ICAR, Bengaluru
(4) NDRI, Karnal
44. Who was awarded Nobel Peace Prize in the area of plant breeding ?
(1) G.H. Shull
(2) B.P. Pal
(3) M.S. Swaminathan
(4) N.E. Borlaug
45. Consider the following statements:
A. Plasti inheritance in four o’clock plant.
B. Kappa particles in Paramaecium
C. Kernel colour in wheat
Which of the above is/are the example(s) of cytoplasmic inheritance ?
(1) Only A
(2) A and B
(3) A, B and C
(4) B and C
46. Which one of the following is a free living nitrogen fixing bacterium ?
47. Which of the following is an insecticidal protein gene ?
(1) cry 1 Aa
(2) PR proteins
(3) EPSPS-encoding gene
(4) bar gene
48. Which of the following secondary metabolites have carbon skeletons made up of isoprene units ?
49. Which of the following methods is used to demonstrate linkage ?
(1) LOD score method
(2) Binomial Distribution
(3) Neighbor-joining method
(4) Ames test
50. Which of the following transgenic food crop may help in solving the problem of night-blindness in developing countries ?
(1) Bt soyabean
(2) Starlink Maize
(3) Flavr-savr tomato
(4) Golden rice