In this Article, we have provided the Botany Difficult Question Papers along with Solutions. So, the interested candidates who applied for jobs in Botany can download Botany Difficult Question Papers for free of cost. Get all the Botany Difficult Question Papers with just one click. Click on the enclosed links below to download the Botany Difficult Question Papers.
Check the Last five years Botany Difficult Question Papers to get a clear idea of the exam pattern. Along with Botany Difficult Question Papers, it’s better to refer Botany Syllabus & Exam Pattern before starting preparation. So, click on link to check and download Botany Difficult Question Papers PDF.
Difficult Question Papers of Botany
1. The rusts are caused by
2. The whip smut of sugarcane is caused by
(a) Ustilago maydis
(b) Ustilago hordei
(c) Ustilago scitaminea
(d) Ustilago nuda
3. Loose smut of wheat is caused by
4. Neurospora sitophila is known as:
(a) Black mold
(b) Red mold
(c) Blue mold
(d) Green mold
5. Alternaria solani causes:
(a) Late blight of potato
(b) Wart of potato
(c) Early blight of potato
(d) Leaf curl of potato
6. Downy mildews are caused by the members of
7. Ascorbate peroxidase is an antioxidant enzyme which metabolizes following reaction
(a) O2- to H2O2
(b) H2O2 to H2O
(c) Ascorbate to monohydroascorbate
(d) Monohydroascorbate to ascorbate
8. Competitive inhibition of enzyme will show
(a) Unchanged Vmax but changed Km
(b) Unchanged Km but changed Vmax
(c) Changed Vmax and Km
(d) Unchanged Vmax and K m
9. Glycolysis is;
(a) Oxidative process produces pyruvate in cytosol
(b) Oxidative process produces pyruvate in mitochondria
(c) Oxygen dependent process
(d) Reductive process producing glucose in mitochondria
10. Which of is not a free radical?
(d) All of the above
11. Azadirachtin (Neem oil) is
12. Which is a correct statement?
(a) Probe based primer in RT-PCR fluoresce only when DNA is not extended
(b) SYBR green method of gene expression is more specific than probe base d method
(c) Spurious amplification in RT-PCR can be ascertain by melting curve profile of the product
(d) Probe based RT-PCR is less expensive than DNA binding dye based methods
13. Mutation is defined as
(a) Modification in the sequence of nucleotides of DNA
(b) Deletion of a nucleotide
(c) Addition of a nucleotide
(d) All of the above
14. Which is most incorrect statement?
(a) cDNA clone library contain all the gene
(b) Reverse transcriptase synthesises DS D NA from SS DNA
(c) mRNA can be isolated using affinity chromatography
(d) Plasmid accommodate larger foreign DNA than phages
15. Which is not correct?
(a) Genomic library contain introns
(b) cDNA library does not represent all genes
(c) cDNA library contain fragmented gene
(d) Genomic library contain upstream and down stream sequences of gene
16. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Brassica campestris ———- Mustard
(b) Brassica nigra ———– Black mustard
(c) Brassica caulorapa ———– Candytuft
(d) Raphanus sativus ———– Radish
17. Father of Indian taxonomy or systematic botany is:
(b) H. Santapau
(c) V. Puri
(d) P. Maheshwari
18. In a flower, there are five unequal petals. The posterior petal is the largest. The two anterior petals are partly fused to form a boat shape structure. The two lateral petals are smaller than posterior petal. Which one of the following characters is not associated with such a flower?
(a) The aestivation of the petals is discerningly imbricate
(b) The odd sepal is anterior
(c) The pollination is by piston mechanism
(d) The number of carpel in many.
19. Which is not correct for DNA of bacteria?
(a) Double standard
(b) Right-handed and circular
(c) G-C contents more than A -T contents
(d) Histone absent
20. If a bacterial cell divides in every 20 minutes, how many bacteria will be form in two hours?
21. Sessile flower of only one sex are found in the inflorescence are called:
22. Insectivores plants kill insects because:
(a) Insect eat away their leaves
(b) Insect eat away their fruits
(c) They are heterotrophic of consumer trophic level
(d) They fulfill their requirement of nitrogen from killed insects.
23. Karyotype of an organism is represented by a diagram called:
24. ATP driven H-pump is present in which organelle?
25. Cytochromes, which are carrier of electrons contain which element?
26. How the fibrils of cellulose are cemented together to form an elastic cell wall? They are cemented with the help of:
27. Prokaryotic cells lacks:
(a) Endopalsmic reticulum, golgi complex, mitochondria and lysosome
(b) Chloroplast, cell membrane, DNA and RNA
(c) Lysosome flagella and DNA
(d) All of the above
28. The two main constituents of plasma membrane are:
(a) Ca2+ and lipids
(b) Ca2+ and proteins
(c) Protein and carbohydrates
(d) Lipid and protein
29. Preparation for cell division occurs in which phase?
(a) G1 – phase
(b) S- phase
(c) G2 -phase
(d) M- phase
30. Synapsis is the pairing of:
(a) Analogous chromosome
(b) Homologous chromosome
(c) Non-Homologous chromosomes
(d) Acentric chromosome
31. Arrange the following events of meiosis in the correct sequence:
II. Crossing over
IV. Disjunction of genome
The correct sequence is:
(a) IV, III, II, I
(b) III, II, I, IV
(c) II, I, IV, III
(d) I, IV, III, II
32. In Prokaryotes, the first amino acid in the polypeptide chain is.
(b) N-methyl methionine
(c) N-formyl Methionine
(d) All of these
33. Which of the following acts as the inducer of lac operon?
34. Pribnow box is the component of.
35. Which molecule is continuously transported from nucleus to the cytoplasm?
36. Semiconservative replication of DNA was first demonstrated in.
(b) Strept ococcus pneumonae
(c) Salmonella typhimuriam
(d) Drosophila melanogaster
37. The enzyme involved in amino acid activation is.
(a) ATP synthetase
(b) Aminoacyl tRNA synthetase
(c) Aminoacyl mRNA synthetase
(d) Aminoacyl rRNA synthetase
38. Sigma factor is the component of
(a) DNA polymerase
(b) DNA ligase
(c) RNA polymerase
39. Unwinding of DNA is done by
40. The chromosome of almost all bacteria is in the shape of
(a) An open circle
(b) A closed circle
(c) A linear chromosome
(d) None of the above
41. The process by which thymine dimers are directly repaired with the help of visible light is called
(b) Excision repair
42. The stage of meiosis in which chromosomes pair and cross over is
(a) Prophase I
(b) Metaphase II
(c) Anaphase I
43. A mutation in a codon leads to the substitution of one amino acid with another. What is the name for this type of mutation?
(a) Nonsense mutation
(b) Missense mutation
(c) Frameshift mutation
(d) Forward mutation
44. Polyploidy refers to
(a) Extra copies of a gene adjacent to each other on a chromosome
(b) An individual with complete extra sets of chromosomes
(c) Multiple ribosomes present on a single mRNA
(d) A chromosome which has replicated but not divided
45. Erysiphe causes the disease
(a) Powdery mildews
(b) Downy mildews
(c) Covered smut
(d) Late blight of potato
46. A haustorium of a fungus is meant for
(a) Fixing up to the mycelium to the host
(b) Increasing the spread of the disease
(c) Reproduction of the fungus
(d) Absorbing nourishment from the host
47. In Phytophthora the asexual reproductive bodies behave as :
(d) Both conidia and conidiosporangia
48. Tikka disease of groundnut is caused by