The Agriculture Practice Set Papers PDF are available here. So, aspirants can refer the Agriculture Practice Set Papers Question given in this page. Candidates can also free download Agriculture Practice Set Papers from the given enclosed links. We have provided all the Last 5 years Agriculture Practice Set Papers on this page.
So, the applicants who are in search of Agriculture Practice Set Papers can download from the given free downloading links. Before you start the preparation, refer these Agriculture Practice Set Papers Old Papers once, so that you will know the exam pattern.
Practice Set Papers on Agriculture
1. How many tests in the lab can be performed to get permeability of soil?
2. Terracing is an effective method of soil conservation in:
A. Desert areas
B. Hilly areas
D. Riverine areas
3. Synthesis of RNA and proteins take place in ____________
A. M phase
B. S phase
C. G1 Phase
D. G2 phase
4. Polyploidy can be artificially induced by __________
B. Line breeding
5. The characteristic indicated by the blackened figures is probably:
D. Sex-linked recessive.
6. Transmission of genes that occur outside nucleus is called
A. Extranuclear inheritance
B. Cytoplasmic inheritance
C. Both A and B
D. None of above
7. What is an apoenzyme?
A. It is a protein portion of an enzyme
B. It is a non-protein group
C. It is a complete, biologically active conjugated enzyme
D. It is a prosthetic group
8. What is the function of phosphorylase?
A. Transfer inorganic phosphate
B. Transfer a carboxylate group
C. Use H202 as the electron acceptor
D. Transfer amino group
9. Phases of Calvin cycle involves:
A. Carbon fixation
D. All of Above
10. Process of photosynthesis cannot occur in absence of
B. Carbon dioxide
C. Carbon monoxide
11. How long do patents usually last for?
A. 10 years
B. 20 years
C. 30 years
D. 60 years
12. The critical time period for Hyoscyamus is less than:
13. ABO blood group system is due to
A. Multifactor inheritance
B. Incomplete dominance
C. Multiple allelism
14. When starch and amylase are mixed in the presence of iodine solution, the blue-black colour rapidly disappears. This is due to the formation of which molecule?
15. The allosteric inhibitor of an enzyme:
A. Causes the enzyme to work faster
B. Binds to the active site
C. Participates in feedback regulation
D. Denatures the enzyme
16. Phosphorylase a +2H2O — phosphorylase b + 2Pi
Which of the following is false about this reaction?
A. Phosphorylase a is less active and phosphorylase b is more active
B. Glycogen phosphorylase catalyzes this reaction
C. Phosphorylase b can be transformed back into phosphorylase a by hosphorylase kinase
D. Phosphorylase kinase catalyzes the transfer of phosphoryl groups from ATP to hosphorylase b
17. Which of the following is false?
A. Allosteric modulators may be inhibitory or stimulatory
B. Based on the nature of modulator, allosteric enzymes are of two types
C. Homotropic allosteric enzymes have the substrate and modulator same
D. Heterotropic allosteric enzymes have the substrate and modulator same
18. The price at which the government offers to sell foodgrains lower than the market price is known as?
A. Procurement price
B. Minimum support price
C. Issue price
D. Market price
19. Which one of these is not a valid reason for food security in India?
B. Hoarding and black marketing
C. Food grains stores are overflowing with food grains
D. None of these.
20. What does food security mean?
A. Availability of food
B. Accessibility of food
C. Availability and accessibility of food to all at all times.
D. Availability, accessibility and affordability of food to all at all the times.
Practice Papers for Agriculture Students
21. Exclusion of plant disease by legislation is known as:
A. Disease resistance
B. Plant quarantine
C. Biological control of plant
D. Cultural control
22. Damage and errors in DNA cause ___________
B. DNA repair
23. Which of the following is NOT a type of reverse mutation?
A. Back mutation
B. Intergenic suppressor mutation
C. Intragenic suppressor mutation
D. Missense mutation
24. Which of the following chemical mutagen affects only replicating DNA?
A. Acridine dye
B. Alkylating agent
C. Deaminating agent
D. Base analog
25. Light dependent stage cannot be carried out without:
B. Carbon dioxide
D. All of these
26. Plant can be destarched in
A. 14 hours
B. 24 hours
C. 42 hours
D. 48 hours
27. Light dependent stage cannot be carried out without
B. Carbon dioxide
D. All of these
28. Which among the following sentence is TRUE about C3 plants?
A. Photosynthetically more efficient
B. More efficient in CO2 fixation than C4 plants
C. PEPCO is present in mesophyll
D. First stable product is phosphoglyceric acid
29. C4 pathway is shown by
A. Sugar cane
30. Carbon becomes available to crop plants in the form of
A. Amino acids
D. Elemental C
31. A method of breeding most commonly used when the desired variation is required to be induced in a vegetatively propagated crop is:
B. Pedigree method of breeding
C. Mutation breeding
D. Backcross method of breeding
32. A plant breeder is interested to control pollination to:
A. Prevent cross-pollination
B. Control pollination
C. None of these
D. Both of these
33. A restorer gene is present in:
C. Both (a)&(b)
D. None of these
34. In deamination, amino acid is converted into
A. Aldol acid
B. Keto acid
C. Hydrochloric acid
D. Carboxylic acid
35. Transamination is catalyzed by
36. Brain gets energy from ketone bodies if availability of glucose is
37. Nature of anabolism reaction is
D. Non spontaneous
38. An X linked recessive gene would appear to
A. Be expressed in both males and females equally
B. Skip generations
C. Be lethal
D. Gradually degrade
39. Choose the odd one out.
A. Colour blindness
C. Duchenne muscular dystrophy
D. Faulty tooth enamel
40. Yellow Colour in turmeric is cause due to the presence of
41. _____________ is not an insecticide
B. Sodium Chlorate
42. _____________ is not a kharif crop
43. Which State is the largest producer of rice?
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. West Bengal
D. Andhra Pradesh
44. The process of expression of foreign genes in a plant is called _________
A. Gene expression
C. Genetic transformation
D. Cell hybridization
45. Name the marker gene of streptomycin?
46. Name the first transgenic virus resistant plant?
47. Name the enzyme which has silenced to delay the ripening process?
48. Name the strategy where two-plasmid system is used for the introduction of the gene?
A. Binary vector system
B. Co-integration vector strategy
D. Selectable marker strategy
49. With an increase in seed size upon germination, dry mass of seeds
D. Grows proportionally with seed
50. Dormant seeds are usually