Applicants can download the Sericulture Top Question Papers and Sericulture Exam Top Papers. On this Page, we have updated Sericulture Top Papers and Sericulture Books for the sake of Aspirants. Download the Sericulture Top Question Papers and make as a reference for the exam preparation. The Sericulture Top Papers available here in the PDF forms. Eligible & Interested candidates can download the Sericulture Top Question Papers just by tapping on the direct links given below. Download the Sericulture Top Papers along with Solutions.
Top Questions Papers on Sericulture
1. Bihar caterpillar is controlled by :
(a) leaf plucking
(b) spraying of DDT
(c) installation of light trap
(d) yellow sticky trap
2. Jassid attacks mostly the :
(d) the trunk
3. Brown beetle in Assam causes maximum injury during :
(a) November – December
(b) October – November
(c) September – October
(d) January – March
4. In Muga, hibernating pupae are found along the seed cocoons collected from the :
(a) high altitude
(b) plain area
(c) foot hills
(d) all of these
5. The advantage of shoot rearing is it requires cleaning only _____________ during rearing.
(d) 5 times
6. Flacherie is the general term of _____________ disease.
(d) both viral and fungal
7. Very high temperature during egg laying results to :
(a) reduced eggs
(b) dead eggs
(c) diapause eggs
(d) unfertilized eggs
8. Mulberry moth emerges after :
(a) 9 – 14 days of spinning cocoons
(b) 10 – 15 days of spinning cocoons
(c) 15 – 20 days of spinning cocoons
(d) 8 – 14 days of spinning cocoons
9. Female moth is generally :
(c) stronger than male moth
(d) over active
10. Occurrence of grasserie is throughout the year but mere in :
11. Uzi flies are pest of :
(c) All variety of silkworms
12. Ants brings more damage to silkworm reared in :
(c) Semi out door
(d) Semi indoor
13. Birds are also predators causing extensive damage to silkworm of :
14. Septicemia is another form of _____________ disease.
(c) Fungal disease
15. Mulberry grows best in a rainfall ranging of :
(a) 650 – 2000 m
(b) 600 – 650 m
(c) 700 – 2500 m
(d) 200 – 2500 m
16. The best season for planting mulberry in the North East is :
(a) January – February
(b) March – April
(c) May – June
(d) June – July
17. A common size of Mulberry nursery bed is :
(a) 2 m x 0.45mm
(b) 2.5 m x 0.45 m
(c) 2 m x 1 m
(d) 2.5 m x 2 m
18. Space for raw system of planting mulbery is :
(a) 50cm × 10cm
(b) 45cm × 10cm
(c) 50cm × 15cm
(d) 40cm × 10cm
19. Define silkworm seed grainage.
(a) Centre for disease free seeds
(b) Systematic production of disease free seeds under favourable conditions
(c) P1 seed station for the farmers
(d) P2 seed station for the farmers
20. “One way system of multiplication” was introduced in India under JICA programme since :
21. Average fecundity of Bivoltine P1 moth is :
22. In Mulberry silkworm diapauses occurs in the ___________ stage.
23. What is oviposition?
(a) Laying of eggs by a female moth
(b) Preparing to lay eggs by a female moth
(c) Number of eggs laid by a moth
(d) Method of egg laying
24. Optimum temperature and relative humidity during oviposition is :
(a) 26 ± 1° C and 70 ± 5% RH
(b) 25 ± 1° C and 75 ± 5% RH
(c) 27 ± 1° C and 80 ± 5% RH
(d) 26 ± 1° C and 80 ± 5% RH
25. What is diapauses?
(a) The arrest of metabolism either during the egg stage or the pupal stage of a silkworm
(b) The period of hibernation
(c) The period of rest
(d) No metabolism
26. What are the four tiers of seed organization in Karnataka?
(a) P4, P3, P2 and P1
(b) K4, K3, K2 and K1
(c) S1, S2, S3 and S4
(d) P1, P2, P3 and P4
27. What is the main purpose of incubation of eggs?
(a) To have uniform hatching under optimum temperature and relative humidity
(b) To have synchronise moth emergence
(c) To have regular and timely hatching of eggs
(d) For successful rearing
28. Transport cocoons ___________
(a) during the hot
(b) during the hot
(c) during the cool hours of the day
(d) during anytime
29. What is the equipment used for preservation of cocoons?
(a) bamboo tray
(b) plastic tray
(c) wooden box
(d) polythene wrap
30. How many types of moth examination are there?
31. Individual examination of moth is found ___________ effective.
32. ___________ is used for termination of diapausing eggs.
(a) Hcl acid/H2SO4
(b) Boric acid
(d) Phosphoric acid
33. Plastic trays with lids are used for transportation of :
(a) raw silk
(c) silkworm eggs
34. An ideal temperature of incubation of Tasar silkworm egg is :
(a) 24 – 25 o C
(b) 26 – 27 o C
(c) 28 – 30 o C
(d) 30 – 31 o C
35. Mid emergence period of moth is :
36. Muga private graineurs usually prefer ___________ grainage house.
(a) brick walled
(b) mud walled
(c) straw walled
(d) asbestos walled
37. In muga, regular emergence of moth starts from ___________ days after pupation.
(a) 25 – 27
(b) 20 – 25
(c) 24 – 26
(d) 28 – 30
38. In the case of eri, grainage room of 34’ x 18’ x 12’ with all round verandah is required to produce ___________ dfls.
39. What is disinfection?
(a) The process in which diseases are destroyed
(b) The act of destruction of diseases causing pathogen by application of certain chemicals
(c) All methods of killing diseases
(d) Washing of eggs
40. Early harvest of cocoons may cause :
(a) larval death
(b) pupal death
(c) moth death
(d) less fecundity
41. Eri cocoons should not be harvested before ___________ days during summer.
(a) 4 – 5
(b) 5 – 6
(c) 6 – 7
(d) 7 – 8
42. Induced mating in Muga silk moth is successful during :
(a) in the night
(b) 5 – 7 am
(d) mid night
43. Maximum coupling percentage of eri silk moth take place when the temperature and relative humidity is :
(a) 25 o C – 26 o C and 70 – 80% RH
(b) 26 o C – 28 o C and 80 – 85 % RH
(c) 24 o C – 25 o C and 75 – 80% RH
(d) 24 o C – 27 o C and 70 – 80% RH
44. Eri moth lays eggs on kharika in ___________ position.
(c) head down side
45. In Muga the larval body usually has ___________ tubercles.
46. What is the average ERR in the case of eri rearing?
47. Mating of female and male moth for further reproduction is called :
48. The average fecundity of Muga silk moth is :
49. Which one is grainage equipment used both in Eri and Muga seed grainage :
(d) plastic mountage
50. What is the minimum ___________ hour during of coupling Eri silkworm?
(a) 6 – 10 hours
(b) 5 – 6 hours
(c) 6 – 8 hours
(d) 8 – 10 hours