Aspirants can find the Music Model Question Paper with answers here. Music Model Question Paper are available here. The Candidate who are interested can download the Model Paper from the link given. So, download the Music Model Papers along with the answers.
We are providing the Music Model Question Papers of for free of cost. Free downloading links of the Music Model Papers are provided here. Click on the enclosed links to get the Music Model Papers PDF. Here, we provided the Music Model Papers just as a reference for the preparation.
Music Quiz Model Questions and Answers
1. The period of Sangeetha Makaranda is in:
(A) 11 century
(B) 12 century
(C) 13 century
(D) 9 century
2. An example of sampurna shadava raga:
(D) Suddha Bangala
3. Syllables employed in ‘Samaveda’ is known as:
4. The author of Bhakthimanjari:
(A) Swathi Tirunal
(B) Muthiah Bhagavatar
(C) K.C. Resava Pillai
(D) Irayimman Thampi
5. A Talamalika composition which is very much like the form Gita:
(D) Sabda Pallavi
6. Sarangi is an instrument:
(A) With no sympathetic strings
(B) With sympathetic strings
(C) Having eleven to fifteen sympathetic strings
(D) Having twenty to twenty four Sympathetic strings
7. In the Ashtothara mela system, the name of the 15th chakra is:
8. A dhaivadantya raga which is used in folk music is:
9. The ‘father of padam’ is attributed to:
(A) Bhadrachalam Ramadas
(C) Swathi Tirunal
10. A composer earned the fame by composing and exponding pallavi in Simhanandana tala:
(A) Koteeswara lyer
(B) Sarabha Sastri
(C) Tiger Varadachari
(D) Mahavaidyanatha Iyer
11. The mudra of Papanasam Sivan:
(D) Kavi kunjara dasa
12. Carnatic music ‘Pada’ is equal to the Hindusthani music:
13. Pan Gandharam is equal to:
14. Semibrave is equal to:
(A) 1/2 aksharakala
(B) 1 aksharakala
(C) 2 aksharakala
(D) 4 aksharakala
15. The svakiya svara in Bhairavi raga is:
(A) Sadharana gandhara
(B) Suddha dhaivata
(C) Chatusruti dhaivata
(D) Kaisiki nishada
16. A gamaka which comes only under Panchadasa gamaka:
17. Sangitha Saramritha was written by:
(A) Shaji Maharaja
(B) King Thulaja
18. An example of gandhara dvaya bhashanga raga:
(D) Hindusthani Bihag
19. The earliest way for dividing 22 srutis through sa-pa and sa-ma cycle is in:
(A) Fractional method
(B) Cents method
(C) Arithmetical method
(D) Multiplication method
20. Patikala is the anga of:
21. If a Murchana is made from the Madhya Gandhar of the Raag Makkauns _________ Raag will be obtained.
22. __________ be, Invented the Khayai Gayaki.
(A) Mansingh Tomar
(B) Husane Mahammed Sharkt
(C) Gulam Nabi
23. The modern Hindusthan Thaat sysiem of 10 thaats (Meis) is developed by
(A) Vishnu Narayan Bhatkande
(B) Yishou Digambear Paluskar
(C) Balakrishna Buve tchalkarankar
(D) Prof. B.A. Devdhar
24. The frequency of the Shudh Gandhar of Pt. Sanivas is
(A) 440 Hz
(B) 288 Hz
(C) 320 Hz
(D) 270 Hz
25. In Hindusthani music mathematically there are _________ Thaals (Meis) of Shudh Madhyarm.
26. Pt Palusker founded Gandharva Mahavidyalay in
27. The characteristic of the Naad that differentiates the tonal quality of one instrument from the other is
(C) Cota Badappan
28. In Ancient Shriti System Swaras ware placed in the _________ place of their respective Shruties.
29. ___________ is a commonly used notation system in western music.
(A) Staff notation
(B) Solfa notation
(C) Neumes notation
(D) Chievh notation
30. Pandit Vishnu Narayan Brhatkande learnt the following Instrument from Vallabhdas.
31. The author of Swaramela Kalanidh’ is
32. Ustad Zakir Husane belongs to ___________ Gharana.
(D) Berndt Bazar
33. Harmoniurn is a ___________ instrument.
34. The Samvaaadi Swar of Raag Basant is
(D) Shyudn Madhyam
35. Nohar Bani is a __________ Gharana.
36. Pancham Savari Taal has ____________ Matras.
37. The pen name of Ustad Fayaz Khan is
(A) Naad Piya
(B) Pram Piya
(C) Raam Rang
(D) Shok Piya
38. The founder of Gwaliar gharana is
(A) Naththan Peerbhaksh
(B) Abdul Kareem Khan
(C) Haddu Khan
(D) Kadir Bhaksh
39. Kathakkali is the dance of
40. ___________ is the percussion Instrument used In Odissi dance.
41. Sarangdev wrote
(A) Geet Govind
(B) Sangeet Ratnakar
(C) Chaturdandi Prakashika
42. __________ Mal (Thaat) is a Shudh Mal in Camatic Music.
(B) Kharahara Priya
43. ________ wrote the book “My Music, My Life’.
(A) Pandit Ravishankar
(B) Ustad Ali Akbar Khan
(C) Pandit Malikarjun Mansur
(D) Pandit Taranatn
44. __________ is a part of ancient Anibadh gaan.
(A) Mandra Alaap
(B) Raapak Alaap
(C) Nom Tom Alaap
(D) Sanchar Alaap
45. The third part of ancient Prabandh was
46. Which of the following artists is not a Sitar player ?
(A) Vilayat Khan
(B) Sultan Khan
(C) Nikhil Banergy
47. Pandit Kishan Maharaj hails from ______________ gharana.
48. Pandita Kishor Amonkar was awarded in 2002.
(A) Padma Bhushan
(C) Padma Vibhushan
(D) Sangeet Natak Academy Award
49. Gottuvadyam is also called
(A) Chitra Veena
(B) Alaabu Veana
(D) Kachchapi Veena
50. Pakki Hori sung in ___________ Taal