Music Question Bank
Aspirants can find the Music Question Bank with answers here. Music Question Bank are available here. The Candidate who are interested can download the Objective Papers from the link given. So, download the Music Objective Papers along with the answers.
We are providing the Music Question Bank of for free of cost. Free downloading links of the Music Objective Papers are provided here. Click on the enclosed links to get the Music Objective Papers PDF. Here, we provided the Music Objective Papers just as a reference for the preparation.
Music Objective Questions and Answers
1. Who among the following was a renowned Santoor player?
(A) Ustad Bismillah Khan
(B) Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia
(C) Pt. Shivkumar Sharma
(D) Pt. Bhimsen Joshi
2. Mention the name of the Rabindrasangeet exponent.
(A) Bhismadev Chattopadhyay
(B) Malati Ghoshal
(D) Dhiren Mitra
3. Tagore’s ‘Balmiki Pratibha’ is a
4. Which song was written by Tagore after the death of Raja Rammohan Roy?
(A) Sharbo khorbo tare dohe
(B) Ke jay amrito dham jatri
(C) Porobashi chole esho ghare
(D) Keno re ei duartuku
5. Which song is not composed in ‘Dhrupad’ style?
(A) Maha viswe mahakashe
(B) Mandire momo ke
(C) Prothomo adi tobo shakti
(D) Jagote tumi raja
6. ‘Duare dao more rakhia’ song is composed in which tala?
7. Name the song written by Tagore on the death of Dinendranath Tagore.
(A) O Bhai, Kanai, kare janai
(B) Hay, hay, hay, din chole jay
(C) Moron-sagor pare tomra omar
(D) Jibone joto puja
8. ‘Aha mori mori, Mahendranindito kanti’ song is in Dance Drama —
(D) Natir Puja
9. ‘Tyagaraja Aradhana’ festival held at
10. ‘Vadya Tryam’ in Vedic period denotes
(A) Veena, Flute and Tabla
(B) Violin, Nagasvaram and Tabla
(C) Veena, Venu and Mridangam
(D) Violin, Flute and Mridangam
11. Who was the author of Bharata Bhashyam?
12. Number of Ashtapadis in Gitagovindam are
13. Which style is sung in Karnataka music?
14. How many Matras are there in Tappa Tal?
15. Signature tune of Akashvani is based on the Raga
(A) Mega Ranjani
(B) Shiva Ranjani
(C) Misra Ranjani
(D) Jana Ranjani
16. The violinist who is equally popular in Karnataic and Hindustani music —
(A) M. S. Gopalakrishnan
(B) K. S. Gopalakrishnan
(C) Adoor Gopalakrishnan
(D) T. V. Gopalakrishnan
17. Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam used to play the instrument —
18. What is the first matra of ‘Taal’ known as?
19. The first Kriti of Muthuswami Dikshidhar —
(D) Maya Malava Gowlai
20. The equivalent term for ‘Raga’ in Greek music is
|Question Bank||Sample Question|
|Objective Questions||Model Papers|
|Mock Test||Music Quiz|
21. Which one of the following raga Re-Ni swara are Komal?
(A) Ahir Bharav
22. Palghat Mani Iyer was a great
(A) Vainika (Veena player)
(B) Mridanga player
23. Karnatic equivalent of raga ‘Bhimplasi’ is
24. ‘The philosophy of music’ is written by
(A) William Pole
(B) G. Revesz
(C) Ebenzer Prout
(D) I. A. Richards
25. ‘Abhinav Bharati’ is a commentry of
(B) Sangit Ratnakar
(C) Sangit Samaysar
(D) Sangit Raj
26. Which raga of the following is not belonged to Bhairavi thaat?
(C) Bilaskhani Todi
27. Hamid Hussain Khan was associated with
(A) Ravi Shankar
(B) K. C. D. Brihaspati
(C) Lalmani Misra
(D) Bimal Mukherjee
29. Bhavabhatta was court musician of
(A) Vijay Raghav
(B) Md. Shah
(C) Ahmad Shah
(D) Anup Singh
30. Bhaskar Bua Wakhle was the disciple of
(A) Bade Gulam Ali and Rahmat Khan
(B) Natthan Khan and Alladiya Khan
(C) Gulam Abbas and Abdul Karim Khan
(D) Abdul Wahid and Haider Khan
31. Who of the following is a representative of Jaipur Senia Gharana of Sitar?
(A) Abdul Halim Zafar Khan
(B) Manilal Nag
(C) Mushtaq Ali Khan
(D) Ravi Shankar
32. Choose the odd one of the following:
(B) Ada Choutal
(D) Pancham Sawari
33. In which raga of the following, the note ‘Dha’ is not used?
34. ‘Hridayrama’ is a name of
35. Who among the following was the court musician of Rampur Darbar?
(A) Nirmal Shah
(B) Imdad Khan
(C) Bande Ali Khan
(D) Wazir Khan
36. Which raga of the following is equivalent to Minor Scale?
37. What is the meaning of the term ‘Dhari’?
(A) Type of Geeti
(B) Type of Tala
(C) Type of Sangeet Sampraday
(D) Type of Bol of Pakhawaj
38. Mallikarjun Mansur belongs to which gharana of the following?
(B) Jaipur Atrouli
39. ‘Daraspiya’is the nick name of
(A) Ata Hussain Khan
(B) Vilayat Hussain Khan
(C) Mehaboob Khan
(D) Yunus Hussain Khan
40. Ratio of Simple Duple Time is
41. The term ‘Behelawa’ is related with
42. What is the meaning of the term ‘Krintan’?
(A) One note with one stroke
(B) More than one note with one stroke
(C) Type of Gat
(D) Type of Taal
43. The combination of following notes is an example of which raga of the following?
P D N S, N D P, G M G
(D) Ahir Bhairav
44. In which chapter of ‘Sangit Ratnakara’, Sharanga Dev described about the instrument?
45. Indian classical music is based on
46. Which raga of the following is not belonged to Kalyan Thata?
(C) Gorakh Kalyan
(D) Suddha Kalyan
47. Who is not a sarod player of the following?
(A) Amjad Ali Khan
(B) Dabir Khan
(C) Ali Akbar Khan
(D) Buddhadev Dasgupta
48. Which pair of Taal has equal number of Matras?
(A) Ada Chotal-Sultal
(D) Trital-Punjabi Tal
49. Who was the first to use frets on veena?
(B) Sharang Dev
50. Which one is not the part of research methodology?
(D) Classification and Analysis
51. Sudha Saveri is similar to
52. Second Moorchana of Shadaj Gram is
(C) Shudha Shadaj
53. Which sign represents ‘Triput Taalam’?
54. Which Gharanar related to ‘Fard’?
55. Who is famous for ‘Gaj’ paran?
(A) Ayodya Singh
(B) Bhavani Singh
(C) Kudau Singh
(D) Pagal Das
56. ‘Jhula’ is folk song of which state?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
(C) Uttar Pradesh
57. 3/2 Laykari is known as
58. How many frets are there in Achal Sitar?
59. Which kind of instrument Surbahar is?
(A) Ghan Vadya
(B) Tat Vadya
(C) Sushir Vadya
(D) Avanadha Vadya
60. Pt. Rajabhiya Pochwale belongs to which Gharana?
61. ‘Sangeet Sudhakar’ is the comentry of
(B) Sangeet Ratnakar
(D) Sangit Parijat
62. Which Gharana is famous for Astang-Gayaki?
63. Who is the author of ‘Rag Tatvavibodha’?
(A) Pt. Shrinivas
(B) Pt. Sharang Dev
(C) Pt. Ahobal
(D) Pt. Pundarik Vithal
64. Who is the author of ‘Bharat Ka Sangeet Siddhant’?
(A) V. N. Bhatkhande
(B) Premlata Sharma
(C) D. V. Paluskar
(D) Acharya Brihaspati
65. The instrument commonly used in South Indian Folk Music —
66. Which swar have two sruties?