Interview Questions for Managers is given below. Candidates who are looking for interview questions for managers can find in this section. Aspirants can download the latest interview questions for managers. Here we are providing interview questions for managers in a PDF format.
Download interview questions for managers at free of cost. We have displaced interview questions for managers along with solutions. People can use the interview questions for managers as a reference in your preparation.
Managers Interview Questions
1. In a juice making company sales manager has set the goal of increasing the sales by 20% in summer season. At the end of summer, Manager will check either goal has been achieved or not. This function is known as:
2. Which is not a characteristic of corporate social responsibility?
(A) Product Safety
(B) Consumer Rights
(C) Environmental Policies
3. Which of the following is the accountability for the achievement of objectives, the use of resources, and the adherence to organizational policy?
4. What is the term for the ‘rule of thumb’ type of bias in decisionmaking?
(A) Framing bias
(B) Hindsight bias
(C) Over-confidence bias
5. “Natural resources determine the course of development and constitute the challenge which may not be accepted by the human mind”, who has said it?
(A) W. Arthur Lewis
(B) J.I. Fisher
(C) Jan Tinbergen
(D) W.W. Rostow
6. To eradicate the problem of poverty Twenty Point Economic Programme was launched for the first time in India on:
(A) 7th July, 1971
(B) 7th July, 1975
(C) 26th January, 1951
(D) 15th August, 1983
7. Assume that consumer’s income and the number of sellers in the market for good X both falls. Based on this information we can conclude with certainty that the equilibrium:
(A) Price will decrease
(B) Price will increase
(C) Quantity will increase
(D) Quantity will decrease
8. Which of the following is a characteristic of capital as factor of production?
(A) It never depreciates
(B) It is fixed in supply
(C) It is an active factor of production
(D) It is a passive factor of production
9. Dividing a task in number of steps, each of which is completed by an individual is essence of:
(A) Information sharing perspective
(C) Work specialization
10. What are the barriers to effective communication?
(A) Moralising being judgemental and comments of consolation
(B) Dialogue, summary and self-review
(C) Use of simple words, cool reaction and defensive attitude
(D) Personal statements, eye contact and simple narration
11. On the basis of function of Human Resource Management, the coverage of personnel policies has been classified by Michael Armstrong not include the following:
(A) Adjudication Policies
(B) Employment Policies
(C) Promotion Policies
(D) Relation Policies
12. Training need assessment should consider all except:
(A) Changes in external environment
(B) Training objectives
(C) Key changes in the technology
(D) The person
13. When the most recent information dominates someone’s perception about others then there is:
(A) Primary effect
(B) Recency effect
(C) Hallo effect
(D) Projection bias
14. A process by which an individual learns voluntary behaviour is:
(A) Classical Conditioning
(B) Voluntary Conditioning
(C) Social Conditioning
(D) Operant Conditioning
15. The behaviour we learn from observing and imitating others explain through:
(A) Social Learning
(B) Cognitive Learning
(C) Programmed Learning
(D) Linear Learning
16. Common core set of values amongst team members for cooperative and collaborative effort is an essentiality for:
(A) Reinforcing transferability
(B) Reinforcing team role perception
(C) Reinforcing accountability
(D) Reinforcing team workability
17. MBTI is the most widely used instrument for personality analysis.
Which of the following statements about MBTI is/are true?
(a) MBTI has 108 items.
(b) Sixteen personality types are generated by the instrument.
(c) MBTI has 100 items.
(d) Sixteen personality types are based on a combination of four basic elements of psyche.
(e) MBTI was developed by a father-daughter team.
(f) MBTI was developed by a mother-daughter team.
(A) (a), (d) and (e) are true
(B) (b), (c), (d) and (f) are true
(C) (a), (b), (e) and (f) are true
(D) (f), (d) and (e) are true
18. Which of the following may be termed as a scientific and systematic effort to modify the characteristics of an employee’s job?
(A) Job redesign
(B) Job enlargement
(C) Job enrichment
(D) Job description
19. Which of the following aspect of job cannot be considered under quality of work life?
(A) Freedom and autonomy to make decisions on the job
(B) Satisfactory physical surroundings at workplace
(C) Job satisfaction and job safety
(D) Freedom and autonomy to leave workplace without taking permission from the superiors
20. Members of the Trade Union are required to pay a subscription per annum as per the provisions of Trade Union Act, 1926. For workers working in other unorganised sectors, excepting rural workers, the annual rate of subscription should not be less than:
(A) Re. 1 per annum
(B) Rs. 3 per annum
(C) Rs. 12 per annum
(D) Rs. 24 per annum
21. Which of the following features characterise the Balance Score Card Method?
(1) The score cards are cascading in nature and as such are all pervasive in an organisation.
(2) It is supported by effective communication system.
(3) Standardization of goal is not rigid.
(4) Customer focus is an integral part of balance score cards.
(A) (1), (2) and (3)
(B) (2), (3) and (4)
(C) (1), (3) and (4)
(D) (1), (2) and (4)
22. What is a “Wild Cat Strike”?
(A) A strike perpetrated by workers with the support of the relevant union without giving notice to the employer.
(B) Strike called by the union after resorting to a strike ballot.
(C) Strike called by a union with a formal notice to the employer just a few minutes before the commencement of the strike.
(D) Strike called by a group of workers on the spur of the moment without any formal notice to the employer or any consent from the relevant union.
23. Who is associated with the approaches to disciplinary action such as judicial approach, human relations approach, human resource approach, group discipline approach and leadership approach?
(A) Mirza S. Saiddain
(B) N.N. Chatterjee
(C) Arun Monappa
(D) C.B. Mamoria
24. Which of the following is not a career stage?
(D) Late Career
25. Key factors in skills development and talent management are:
(A) A broad definition of talent to ensure inclusivity
(B) Finding a balance between staff development and making staff more employable
(C) Compliance with the EE Act
(D) Both (A) and (B)
26. Performance management is a system that:
(1) Ensures that Employee’s performance is supporting company’s aim.
(2) Starts with fixing performance standards and ends with comparing results with those standards.
(3) Includes daily or weekly interactions to ensure continuous improvement in employee’s performance.
(4) Ensures that employee has requisite training to perform the job.
(A) Only (1)
(B) (1), (3) and (4)
(C) (1) and (4)
(D) Only (2)
27. Alpha, Beta, Gamma A and Gamma B changes are related to which change?
(1) Structural change
(2) Process change
(3) System change
(4) Cognitive change
Select the correct answer from the following key:
(A) (1) and (2)
(B) Only (2)
(C) Only (4)
(D) (3) and (4)
28. Which of the following equations properly represents a derivation of the fundamental accounting equation?
(A) Assets + Liabilities = Owner’s equity
(B) Assets = Owner’s Equity
(C) Cash = Assets
(D) Assets – Liabilities = Owner’s equity
29. ……………………. is the likelihood that managers may place personal goals ahead of corporate goals.
(A) EPS maximisation
(B) Profit maximisation
(C) EVA problem
(D) Agency problem
30. Which of the following will not be included in a balance sheet?
(A) Accounts receivable
(B) Accounts payable
31. Which of the following transactions will result in inflow of funds?
(1) Issue of debentures
(2) Conversion of debentures into equity shares
(3) Redemption of long-term loan
(4) Creation of general reserve
(A) Only (1)
(B) Only (4)
(C) Both (1) and (4)
(D) Both (2) and (3)
32. In budgetary control ………………….. is used whereas in standard costing …………………. is used.
(A) Unit concept, Total concept
(B) Total concept, Unit concept
(C) Marginal concept, Gross concept
(D) Gross concept, Marginal concept
33. Cost accounting concepts include all of the following, except:
(C) Profit sharing
(D) Product costing
34. ……………………….. is also known as subsidiary budget.
(A) Master budget
(B) Cost budget
(C) Standard budget
(D) Functional budget
35. Contribution per unit is Rs. 100. Fixed costs are Rs. 6,00,000. Production and sales are 8,000 units. Total contribution is:
(A) Rs. 6,00,000
(B) Rs. 4,00,000
(C) Rs. 2,00,000
(D) Rs. 8,00,000
36. Which of the following is not a major decision taken by a finance manager?
(A) The investment decision
(B) The financing decision
(C) The dividend policy decision
(D) The VMO decision
37. ………………………. represents the level of EBIT necessary for the firm to break even on its fixed financial charges i.e. interest and preference dividend.
(A) Financial leverage
(B) Financial BEP
(C) Indifference point
(D) Operating leverage
38. Which of the following is not an example of systematic risk?
(A) The government changes the interest rates and the corporate tax rate is increased
(B) The inflation rate increases
(C) The company workers declare strike
(D) The government withdraws tax on dividend payments by companies
39. If the value of NPV for a project is zero, its PI will be:
(C) More than one
(D) Less than one
40. Which of the following is not a form of takeover?
41. ……………………….. is a sale of the existing firm to the management.
(A) Leveraged buyout
(B) Management buyout
42. APT as a model of security pricing is based on the concept of:
43. A portfolio consists of two securities with expected returns of 12% and 16% respectively. If the first security accounts for 40% of portfolio, the return of portfolio will be:
44. Which of the following statements is false?
(A) An option writer is one who sells an option contract.
(B) Expiration date is the date beyond which the option has no value.
(C) Writing a call option and a put option will result in the same payoffs to writer when spot falls.
(D) A holder of a call option can incur losses at the most upto the premium amount he pays.
45. As per factoring agreement the …………………. becomes responsible for all credit control, sales accounting and debt collection from the buyers.
(A) Control officer
(D) Sales Accountant
46. A rate of Rs. 73 per U.S. dollar is an example of ………………… quotation.
47. In strategic management, important decisions are made by Board of Directors. This level of strategic management is known as:
(A) Corporate Level
(B) Business Level
(C) Functional Level
(D) Managerial Level
48. Performance analysis of the organization is described as:
(A) SWOT analysis
(B) External analysis
(C) Internal analysis
(D) Economic analysis
49. Major reason for accepting stability strategy is:
(A) Environment demands rapid activities
(B) It is highly risky
(C) Requires additional resources
(D) Potential opportunities are non-existent
50. If a company makes related diversification, it will be known as:
(A) Concentric Diversification
(B) Conglomerate Diversification
(C) Controlled Diversification
(D) Rapid Diversification