Forensic Science Practice Set question paper helpful for the applicants in the preparation. Hence, to help the candidates we have given the Forensic Science Practice Set question paper in the section below. Hence, download the Forensic Science Practice Set Papers and start your preparation.
The direct links enclosed below to get the PDFs of Forensic Science Practice Set Papers along with the Solutions. Interested candidates can refer to the below links for downloading the Forensic Science Practice Set Papers. Download these Forensic Science Practice Set Papers for free.
Practice Set Question Papers on Forensic Science
1. Which of the following parts of foetal skeleton can provide a better estimate of sex ?
2. ‘‘Bertillonage’’, one of the earliest techniques of personal identification that was developed in the later part of 19th century was mainly based on :
(A) Photographic comparison
(B) Handwriting comparison
3. Which of the following methods is best suited to recover dusty footwear impressions from a surface ?
(A) Plaster Casting
(B) Wax Casting
(C) Electrostatic Lifting
(D) Sulphur Casting
4. Hackle marks are present in :
5. Which of the following is an optical property ?
(B) Refractive index
6. Which of the following cast materials is popular to reproduce the striation marks ?
(A) Plaster of Paris
(C) Liquid silicone rubber
(D) Dental Plaster of Paris
7. In case of tire track, which of the following is not a class characteristic ?
(A) Wear markings
(B) Arrangement of Landwidth
(C) Number of Lands
(D) Groove pattern
8. If one of the parents is of O blood group, the blood group of the child cannot be :
9. DNA profiling cannot be carried out from :
(B) Buccal smear samples
(C) Semen samples
(D) Hair root tissue
10. Which of the following organs secrets zinc in large amounts in man ?
(A) Seminal vesicles
(B) Prostate gland
(D) Vas deferens
11. Which of the following techniques involves bombarding of nonradioactive sample with neutrons :
12. Name the reagent formed by mixing 1 ml of formaldehyde solution with 9 ml of sulfuric acid :
(A) Mandelin’s reagent
(B) Marqui’s reagent
(C) Duquenoi’s reagent
(D) Zwikkers reagent
13. How many CFSLs are working under Directorate of Forensic Science Services ?
14. Which of the following Sections of IPC are concerned with Dowry Death ?
(A) Sect. 302
(B) Sect. 304
(C) Sect. 304A
(D) Sect. 304B
15. Which is the first case in which the defense attempted to rebut the State’s scientific evidence ?
(A) The Jon Benet Ramsey Case
(B) Lafarge Case
(C) Ruxton’s Case
(D) Dr. Sam Sheppard Murder Case
16. Urea nitrate crystal test is used to identify :
17. Why is it very important to secure the crime scene ?
(A) To stop police from entering the crime scene
(B) To stop evidence from escaping
(C) To stop unauthorized personnel from entering the crime scene and in turn, destroying the evidence
(D) To arrest the suspect
18. What is the correct sequence of various stages in crime scene investigation ?
(A) Protection and Collection of evidence
(B) Protection, Recognition, Documentation, Collection and Pakaging of evidences
(C) Protection, Documentation and Pakaging of evidence
(D) Collection and Pakaging of evidence
19. Which of the following statements is not correct ?
(A) Glass is supercooled liquid.
(B) Glass is non-crystalline in nature.
(C) Glass is a solid material.
(D) Glass break with conchoidal fracture.
20. High explosive have generally burning rates upwards of :
(A) 12,000 ft/sec.
(B) 14,000 ft/sec.
(C) 16,000 ft/sec.
(D) 20,000 ft/sec.
21. In test firing, the test pallets are obtained in :
(A) Solid wax
(C) Cotton wool
22. AK-47 is a popular rifle because bullet used in it has :
(A) Very high velocity
(B) Soft nose and steel and lead core
(C) Easy to handle
(D) Steel core
23. ANFO commercial explosive consists of :
(A) Ammonium nitrate + fuel oil
(B) Sodium nitrate + fuel oil
(C) Potassium nitrate + fuel oil
(D) Calcium nitrate + fuel oil
24. Richochet means :
(A) Tampered bullet
(B) Blunting of the bullet
(C) Unfired bullet
(D) Deflection of the bullet
25. Scale patterns of hair was initially classified by :
26. Most useful physical property of fibers from forensic viewpoint is that many manufactured fibers exhibit :
(A) Double refraction or birefringence
27. Which of the following tests is best suited for species determination from semen stains ?
(A) Gel electrophoresis
(B) Precipitin test
(C) Cross over electrophoresis
(D) Inhibition test
28. Fibrinogen and LDH are used for the identification of :
(B) Menstrual blood
(D) Saliva, semen and menstrual blood
29. The sequence : Mobile phase delivery system -> pump -> injector -> column -> detector -> data processing system, is associated with which of the instrumental set up.
30. WCOT, PLOT are example of :
(A) Chromatographic peak shape
(B) Tubular column
(D) Injection port
31. In planar chromatography Rf is calculated by :
(A) Distance travelled by solvent front/Distance travelled by solute
(B) Distance to centre of component spot/Distance to centre of standard spot
(C) Distance to centre of standard spot/Distance to centre of component spot
(D) Distance travelled by solute/Distance travelled by solvent front
32. The transmittance property of ‘‘KBr’’ is in the range of :
(A) 200 nm to 20000 nm
(B) 200 nm to 2000 nm
(C) 800 nm to 10000 nm
(D) 800 nm to 20000 nm
33. Blood group specific antigens are found on the surface of :
34. Which of the following is involved in the immune system of human body ?
35. Coal oil is also known as :
(C) Gas oil
36. Δ9-THC gives……………..colour with Duquenois reagent.
37. ‘‘Big four’’ components of biological profile are :
(A) Race, sex, height, age
(B) Race, sex, height, skeleton
(C) Race, sex, stature, blood groups
(D) Teeth, height, race, sex
38. The examination of diatoms from bone marrow/water is performed most commonly by :
(A) Acid digestion
(B) Sodium sulphate method
(C) Soluene – 350 method
(D) Both A and C
39. Rule of Hasse is applied to determine :
(A) Age of foetus
(B) Height of adult
(C) Race of person
40. Cherry red colour of blood is seen in poisoning with :
41. Which of the following measurement of tire track can’t yield information about the manufacturer ?
(A) Wheel base
(B) Front track width
(C) Type of body built on the chassis
(D) Rear track width
42. Chemical name of common white pigment used in paint is :
43. Which of the following can be used as casting material ?
I. Silicon rubber
IV. Plaster of Paris
(A) I, II and III
(B) I and II
(C) I and III
(D) I, II, III and IV
44. What is the major difference between ordinary and dental plaster ?
(A) Expansion factor
(B) Chemical reaction
(C) Drying time
45. The greater sciatic notch in pelvis of a female human skeleton is :
(A) Much wider than in males
(B) Narrower than in males
(C) Equal in width to males
(D) Very variable in width
46. Alcohol is rapidly absorbed from stomach, duodenum and small intestine as it is :
(A) Highly volatile
(B) Highly lipid soluble
(C) Highly addictive
(D) Highly flammable
47. Name the detector commonly employed to detect trace environmental pollutants like chlorinated pesticides, herbicides, etc. by gas chromatography :
(A) Electro-chemical detector
(B) Electron capture detector
(C) Ultraviolet detector
(D) Refractive index detector
48. The time taken by the mobile phase to pass through the column i.e., from injector to detector is not called its :
(A) Dead time
(B) Void time
(C) Migration time
(D) Hold up time
49. Species of origin of a blood stain can be detected with the help of :
(A) Orthotoluidine Test
(B) Precipitin Test
(C) Inhibition Test
(D) Elution Test
50. Exfoliated epithelial cells are present in :
(A) Vaginal secretions