In this Article, we have provided the Food Safety Officer Previous Year Question Papers along with Solutions. So, the interested candidates who applied for jobs in Food Safety Officer can download Food Safety Officer Previous Year Question Papers for free of cost. Get all the Food Safety Officer Previous Year Question Papers with just one click.
Click on the enclosed links below to download the Food Safety Officer Previous Year Question Papers. Check the Last five years Food Safety Officer Previous Year Question Papers to get a clear idea of the exam pattern. Along with Food Safety Officer Previous Year Question Papers, it’s better to refer Food Safety Officer Syllabus & Exam Pattern before starting preparation. So, click on link to check and download Food Safety Officer Previous Year Question Papers PDF.
Previous Year Question Papers of Food Safety Officer
1. FSSAI logo for fortified foods is
(A) Circle with an F and a +sign with a ring
(B) Rectangle with an F and a + sign with a ring
(C) Square with an F and a +sign with a ring
(D) None of the above
2. Eat Right India movement is about
(A) Eat Healthy and Eat Safe
(B) Eat Right and Eat Safe
(C) Eat Healthy and Eat Nutritious
(D) All of the above
3. Section 12 of The Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 deals with
(A) Functions of Central Advisory Committee
(B) Scientific Committee
(C) Officers and other employees of Food Authority
(D) General principles to be followed in the administration of Act
4. For fortification of wheat flour, the nutrient(s) used are
(A) Vitamin A and Vitamin D
(B) Iron, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12
(C) Folic acid, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D
(D) Vitamin A, Iron and Vitamin C
5. Among the following which industrial enzyme is not derived from animals
6. FSSAI license or registration is not required for
(A) Pharmacies selling Health supplements
(B) Medical stores selling Nutraceutical products
(C) Units selling Packaging material
(D) Pulse/Grain milling units
7. The maximum fortification of iodine in table salt as per FSS Act 2006 is
(A) 10 ppm
(B) 15 ppm
(C) 20 ppm
(D) 30 ppm
8. Processing of high pH foods is done at
(A) Retorting temperature
(B) By superheated steam
(C) Boiling temperature
(D) Pasteurization temperature
9. The index enzyme in case of the blanching of vegetable is
10. The vitamins which are lost most readily during cooking are
(A) Vitamin E and Niacin
(B) Vitamin C and Thiamin
(C) Vitamin D and Vitamin E
(D) Riboflavin and Vitamin C
11. Which among the following is not a dietary fiber ?
(D) None of these
12. Which of the following essential fatty acid is required for infants ?
(A) Linoleinic acid
(B) Palmitic acid
(C) Omega-9 fatty acids
(D) Propionic acid
13. A patient consumes 100 ml of soup containing 20g of carbohydrates, 5g of protein, 2g of fat and 70 ml of water. What will be the calorific value of the soup ?
(A) 80 kcal
(B) 108 kcal
(C) 110 kcal
(D) 118 kcal
14. A widely used method to evaluate effectiveness of disinfectants is by determining their
(A) Phenol coefficient
(B) Alcohol coefficient
(C) Halogen coefficient
(D) Heavy metal coefficient
15. Botulism, a foodborne illness is an example of
(A) Food intoxication
(B) Food infection
(C) Food allergy
(D) None of these
16. The factor commonly used for Nitrogen to protein conversion in foods is
17. Which of the following test is used for fat estimation ?
(A) Iodine solution test
(B) Benedict’s test
(C) Biuret test
(D) Ethanol emulsion test.
18. __is used as preservative in meat products.
(A) Sodium benzoate
(B) Potasium Metabisulfite
(C) Sorbic acid
(D) Sodium Nitrite
19. HACCP a management system in which food safety is addressed is based on _______ number of principles.
20. Which agency provides advice and support on levels of radionuclide contamination in foods and on food irradiation ?
21. Which of the following is the maximum allowable dose of irradiation for inhibition the sprouting in white potatoes?
(A) 0.01 kGy
(B) 0.15 kGy
(C) 1 kGy
(D) 15 kGy
22. __ is a beverage containing 10 % fruit part and 10 % Total Soluble Solids.
(A) Ready-to serve drink
23. According to Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 unlicensed sale of food shall be punishable with __.
(A) Imprisonment upto 2 years and fine upto Rs. 5 lakhs
(B) Imprisonment upto 6 months and fine upto Rs. 2 lakhs
(C) Imprisonment upto 6 months and fine upto Rs. 5 lakhs
(D) Imprisonment upto 1 year and fine upto Rs. 2 lakhs
24. Monosodium glutamate is used as __________,
(A) Artificial sweetener
(B) Flavour enhancer
(C) Anti-caking agent
(D) Cleaning agent
25. As per standards for fortification of food Iron fortified Atta with Ferrous citrate or Ferrous lactate or Ferrous sulphate or Ferrous fructate or Ferrous Bisglycinate has following level of fortification per kg.
(A) 28 mg to 47.5 mg
(B) 10mg to 30.5 mg
(C) 65mg to 100 mg
(D) 110.5mg to 140.5 mg
26. FSSAIT has fixed a limit for Total Polar Compounds at __ percent beyond which the vegetable oil shall not be used for cooking oil.
27. __________ proposes maximum residues limits (MRLs) for individual pesticides in or on specific commodities.
28. The Yellow book of FSSAI is aimed at ______,
(A) Ensuring safe and nutritious food at workplace
(B) Standards and practices for restaurants
(C) Inculcating wholesome food habits at a young age
(D) Tips for food safety for Indian household
29. A large-scale IT platform designed for food safety compliance through sampling and inspections is known as ————.
30. Artificial ripening of fruits by ethylene gas is permitted up to a concentration of _______;
(A) 200 ppm
(B) 100 ppm
(C) 150 ppm
(D) 250 ppm
31. The recommended healthy ratio of SFA: MUFA: PUFA is ———.
32. The Food Safety and Standards Regulations, 2011 prescribes the limit of trans fats to be not more than percent by weight in vanaspati.
33. Which of the following is a water soluble pigment present in milk?
34. How many notified laboratories exists for sample analysis as per provisions of section-43 of FSS Act.
35. Cholesterol free product should contain less than _______ mg off cholesterol per serving.
36. Maximum permissible limit of use of sodium benzoate in squash and appetizer is_____.
(A) 350 ppm
(B) 600 ppm
(C) 100 ppm
(D) 400 ppm
37. Any food safety officer under the Act/rules may be punished if he/she vexatiously and without reasonable ground siezes any article of food or adultrant. As per the section 39 of ——– FSS Act punishment may be as penalty which may extend upto
(A) Rs. 25,000
(B) Rs. 50,000
(C) Rs. 1,00,000
(D) Rs. 5,00,000
38. The Codex Alimentarius Commission works with how many UN official languages ?
39. TBT in food safety stands for
(A) Total Barriers to Trade
(B) Technical Barriers to Trade
(C) Total Barriers to Transportation
(D) Technical Barriers to Transportation
40. As per FSS Regulations the tolerance limit of insecticide Hydrogen phosphide in food grains is —
(A) 0.05 mg/kg ppm
(B) 0.001 mg/kg ppm
(C) 0.100 mg/kg ppm
(D) None of these
41. Which country is regional coordinator for FAO / WHO coordinating committee for Asia (CCASIA)
(B) Sri Lanka
42. Maximum lelvel of Mercury contamination in Fish as per FSS Regulations, 2011 is—
(A) 0.5 ppm by weight
(B) 0.005 ppm by weight
(C) 5 ppm by weight
(D) 0.05 ppm by weight
43. Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 contains ____ number of chapters and _____ number of sections.
(A) 9 and 83
(B) 10 and 97
(C) 11 and 113
(D) 12 and 101
44. Microbiological testing at various points in the cooking process of a whole roast chicken to confirm. the destruction of pathogens is an example of:
(B) Corrective action
(C) Hazard analysis
(D) Critical limits
45. Which section of Food Safety Act, 2006 contains the “Establishment of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India” ?
(A) Section 2
(B) Section 4
(C) Section 1
(D) Section 8
46. The World Trade Organization was established on
(A) 2nd May 1985
(B) 1st January 1995
(C) 5th March 1990
(D) 24th September 1997
47. The Food Hygiene Rating of FSSAI has maximum score of ____?
48. What is the term used for the amount of a food additive which can be ingested daily over a lifetime without appreciable health risk ?
49. What should be the level of luminance in cooking section in a hotel or restaurant ?
(A) 200 lux
(B) 300 lux
(C) 400 lux
(D) 500 lux
50. The provisions of tolerance limit of pesticides, veterinary drug residues, antibiotic residues and microbiological counts in food is in which section of “The Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006” ?
(A) Section 24
(B) Section 22
(C) Section 21
(D) Section 20
51. is the platform by FSSAI to promote food donation, stop food wastage and food loss in the country.
(A) The Indian Food Sharing Alliance
(B) The Indian Food Saving Alliance
(C) The Indian Food Security Alliance
(D) The Indian Food Sharing Agency
52. Verification procedures to determine if the HACCP program is working properly should NOT be conducted by:
(A) An external consultant
(B) The individual responsible for performing normal monitoring and corrective actions
(C) A properly trained person from another department
(D) The HACCP team leader
53. Irradiated food is marked with
(A) HACCP logo
(B) FSSAI logo
(C) Radura logo
(D) ISO logo
54. Gray mould rot is caused by __
(A) Botrytis sp
(B) Trichoderma sp
(C) Penicillium sp
(D) Phytophthora sp
55. Green patches on the surface of meat is due to
(A) Penicillium expansum
(B) Pseudomonas syncynea
(C) Cladosporium herbarum
(D) Chromobacterium lividum
56. Microorganisms involved in ergot poisoning is __.
(A) Bacillus cerus
(B) Aspergillus flavours
(C) Clavis purpurea
(D) E. Coli
57. In which type of chromatography, the stationary phase held in a narrow tube and the mobile phase is forced through it under pressure ?
(A) Column chromatography
(B) Planar chromatography
(C) Liquid chromatography
(D) Gas chromatography
58. Codex alimentarius standards are used by
(A) Governments to protect consumer’s health and ensure fair practices in food trade
(B) Codex members to protect consumer’s health and ensure fair practices in food trade
(C) Members of public to protect health and ensure fair practices in food trade
(D) Food manufactures to promote food trade
59. Ribotyping is a method to identify and classify bacteria based upon differences in r-DNA. Under this category Databases for which of the following bacteria have not been established
(D) None of these
60. The objective of ISO 22000
(A) Certification for production plants
(B) Minimize waste
(C) Establish food safety management system
(D) None of the above
61. Under FSS regulations, food authority shall consist of a chairperson and members numbering
62. In food analysis real time PCR tests are not used for which of the following
(A) detection of pathogenic microorganisms
(B) detection of GM organisms
(C) identification of allergens
(D) None of these
63. Under FSS regulations, the desired quantity of milk sample required to be sent to food analyst is
(A) 700 ml
(B) 600 ml
(C) 500 ml
(D) 250 ml
64. Which among the followings is not repealed in FSS Act 2006 ?
(A) Consumer protection Act
(B) Prevention of food adulteration Act
(C) The fruit product order 1955
(D) The meat food product order 1973
65. The first railway station to get “Eat Right Station” rating by FSSAI is
(A) Mumbai Central
(B) New Delhi Railway Station
(D) Chennai Central