Defence and Strategic Studies Objective Question Papers: Candidates who applied for the Defence and Strategic Studies can find the Objective Question Paper in the sections below. Free Defence and Strategic Studies Objective Question Paper Pdf download link is given in the table below.
Here we have given the links for Defence and Strategic Studies Study Objective material which helps the applicants in preparation. Aspirants who are looking for Defence and Strategic Studies Objective Paper can find in this section.
Objective on Defence and Strategic Studies
1. The outer limits of the legal continental shelf cannot exceed 350 Nautical miles from the territorial sea baselines or 100 Nautical miles beyond the …………….. isobath.
(A) 100 meters
(B) 200 meters
(C) 2500 meters
(D) 1000 meters
2. Which is the apex body of Disaster Management in India ?
3. Which of the following days is observed as International Day for Disaster Reduction ?
(A) 15th October
(B) 21st June
(C) 30th June
(D) 13th October
4. Who amongst the following regarded defence expenditure is truly as ‘Public Good’ ?
(A) Adolf Wagner
(B) K. Subramaniyam
(C) Adam Smith
(D) Prof. Maurice Dobb
5. Programme budgeting for defence preparedness had its origin in :
6. FATA belongs to which country ?
7. ‘String of Pearls’ strategy against India is adopted by which of the following ?
8. Which one of the following books was written by Carl Von Clausewitz ?
(A) On War
(B) The Art of War
(C) The Peloponnesian War
(D) Rise and Fall of Great Powers
9. Which of the following books is not written by Mr. Zbigniew Brzezinski ?
(A) The Permanent Purge : Politics in Soviet Totalitarianism
(B) Game Plan : A Geostrategic Framework for the Conduct of the US-Soviet Contes
(C) The Grand Chessboard : American Primacy and its Geostrategic Imperatives
(D) Frontiers, Security and International Organisation
10. Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism is a proposed treaty which provides a comprehensive legal framework against terrorism. Which of the following countries has proposed this Convention in 1996 ?
(B) United Kingdom
11. The 1973 war between Israel, Syria and Egypt is also known as :
(A) June War
(B) Tank War
(C) Night War
(D) Yom Kippur War
12. The term ‘Vertical Proliferation’ of nuclear weapons refers to …………. .
(A) The phenomenon of countries increasing and modernising their nuclear weapons and delivery platforms
(B) The phenomenon of countries which do not have nuclear weapons build nuclear weapons
(C) The phenomenon of countries reducing the number
(D) None of the above
13. The International Monitoring System (IMS), a network of global monitoring stations has been established as part of which one of the following treaties ?
(A) Biological Weapons Convention (BWC)
(B) Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT)
(C) Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC)
(D) Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT)
14. The term ‘Detente’ deals with :
(A) Formulation of military alliance
(B) Strategic partnership
(C) Relaxation in military tension
(D) Joint military exercise
15. The NGO dedicated to the release of political prisoners all over, is known as :
(A) Amnesty International
(B) Red Cross
(C) Human Rights Council
(D) None of the above
16. The origin of the modern nation state system is associated with one of the following :
(A) Congress of Vienna
(B) Treaty of Utrecht
(C) Treaty of Westphalia
(D) World War
17. (1) National Governments frequently bypass the mission command structure and issue instructions directly to their forces in the field.
(2) The Governments of troop contributing countries are reluctant to let the UN do as it will with their troops.
(A) (1) and (2) are correct and (2) is the rationale for (1)
(B) (1) and (2) are incorrect and (1) is not the reason for (2)
(C) (1) and (2) are correct and (2) is not the rationale for (1)
(D) (1) and (2) are incorrect and (1) is the rationale for (2)
18. During the reconnaissance and the reformation, there was a revival of protest against inequality based on :
19. ………….. enhances civil-military integration which reduces the burden of defence expenditure by promoting technological sharing, supply chains, technologies and dual use technologies.
(A) World system theory
(B) Modernisation theory
(C) Linear stages growth
20. Who among the following stated that ‘Geopolitics is a pseudo-science erecting the factor of geography into an absolute’ ?
(B) N. J. Spikman
(C) Carl Haushofer
(D) Hans J. Morganthau
21. The International Monitoring System (IMS) established as part of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) does not include :
(A) Radionuclide monitoring facilities
(B) Hydroacoustic monitoring facilities
(C) Satellite monitoring facilities
(D) Infrasound monitoring facilities
22. Arrange the following concepts in the chronological order of their appearance. Use the codes given below :
(i) Theory of separation of powers
(ii) Concept of ideal state
(iii) Concept of general will
(iv) Withering away of the state
(A) (ii) (iv) (i) (iii)
(B) (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
(C) (ii) (iii) (i) (iv)
(D) (iii) (i) (iv) (ii)
23. Choose the correct option about disaster cycle :
(A) Response, Recovery, Preparedness, Mitigation
(B) Recovery, Response, Mitigation, Preparedness
(C) Preparedness, Mitigation, Recovery, Response
(D) Mitigation, Preparedness, Response, Recovery
24. Choose the appropriate code for Assertion (A) and Reason (R) as given below :
Assertion (A) : War finances are the main backbone of a warring nation without which it cannot think of winning a war.
Reason (R) : Defence Economics is new academic discipline for defence researchers and economists.
(A) (A) is false, but (R) is true
(B) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(C) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(D) Both (A) and (R) are false
25. Adam Smith wrote the book entitled, “An Enquiry into the Nature and Cause of Wealth of Nation” in the year …………… .
26. Which of the following is not the method of resource mobilization during the war ?
27. Which is the multilateral treaty proposed by United Nations to regulate international trade in conventional weapons in order to prevent arms trafficking ?
(A) Arms Control Treaty (ACT)
(B) Arms Trade Treaty (ATT)
(C) Arms Prohibition Treaty (APT)
(D) Arms Reduction Treaty (ART)
28. Expenditure on acquisition of assets like land, building and machinery, would come under ambit of ……… .
(A) Capital receipt
(B) Aggregate demand
(C) Capital expenditure
(D) Revenue expenditure
29. Who coined about the efficient utilisation of defence expenditure in the form of standing army ?
(A) David Ricardo
(B) Jean Baptiste Say
(C) Adam Smith
30. Defence Budget does not deal with :
(A) Maintenance of defence equipment
(B) Salaries of defence employees
(C) Disaster management and mitigation
(D) Procurement of new weapons and equipment
31. “Teeth and Tail” ratio in military logistics indicates ………….. .
(A) A ratio between men and materials
(B) A ratio between Arsenals and men
(C) A ratio between men on front line and reserve
(D) A ratio between men in fighting forces and men in other than fighting forces
32. Who wrote the book entitled, “The Economics of Defence” ?
(A) Galbraith J. K.
(B) Kennedy Gavin
(C) Kuithara Verghese
(D) Hitch Charles J and Mekan Ronald N
33. Which one of the following is not the characteristic of capitalism ?
(A) Principle of self-interest
(B) Limited duties of the Government
(C) Principle of market control economy
(D) No division of labour
34. Who among the following opined the concept of “Geographical Pivot of History” ?
(A) Alexander De Seversky
(B) Karl Hanshofe
(C) Halford Mackinder
(D) A. T. Mahan
35. Strategic Studies is related with study of :
(A) The military policies in the nuclear age
(B) The evolution of warfare
(C) The use of military power for political objective
(D) The use of military power for military objective
36. Who coined the term “Cyber Space” ?
(A) Linda Billgates
(B) Sam Pitroda
(C) William Gibson
(D) E. D. Sarinton
37. Find the correct chronological sequence of the following thinkers :
(A) Haushofer, Mahan, Mackinder, S.B. John
(B) A.T. Mahan, Mackinder, Haushofer, S. B. John
(C) S.B. John, Mackinder, Mahan, Haushofer
(D) Mackinder, S.B. John, Haushofer, A.T. Mahan
38. (1) All cultures condition their members to think certain ways, while at the same time providing preset responses to given situation.
(2) This culture bounds our perceptions and the range of options we have for responding to events.
(A) Both (1) and (2) are correct
(B) (1) is right and (2) is wrong
(C) (1) is wrong and (2) is right
(D) (1) and (2) are wrong
39. Which is not a psychological aspect of war ?
(D) Military technology
40. Who wrote the book ‘Armament and History’ ?
(A) A. T. Mahan
(B) J. F. C. Fullar
(C) Liddel Hart
(D) Palmar and Perkins
41. Which of the following thinkers rejected the old condotlieri system and favoured the idea of national troops ?
(A) Giulio Douhet
(B) Niccolo Machiavelli
(C) Liddel Hart
(D) Karl Von Clausewitz
42. Who argued in a report to the Security Council “peace should be persued only through non-military methods” ?
(A) Boutros Boutros Ghali
(B) Kofi Annan
(C) Ban Ki Moon
(D) None of the above
43. (1) State behaviour is a function of specific institutional orientations.
(2) The foundations of strategic culture are societal.
(A) (1) is correct and (2) is wrong
(B) (1) is wrong and (2) is correct
(C) (1) and (2) are wrong
(D) (1) and (2) are right
44. What does Paris Accord refer to ?
(A) Climate change agreement
(B) Military agreement
(C) Peace Accord
(D) India-Pakistan Dispute
45. International Tsunami Information Center is located in :
(B) Port Blair
46. First BIMSTEC Disaster Management Excercise 2017 (DMEx-2017) was held in :
(A) New Delhi
47. Who is the head of State Executive Committee (SEC) constituted under the provisions of Disaster Management Act, 2005 ?
(A) Chief Secretary of State
(B) Cabinet Secretary of State
(C) Chief Minister of State
(D) Home Minister of State
48. Earthquakes are measured using :
49. Which is the only active volcano in India ?
(A) Mt. Etna
(B) Mt. Vesuvius
(C) Barren Island
(D) Christmas Island
50. The Fukushima nuclear reactor was damaged due to :
(A) Bomb Explosion
(B) A typhoon
(C) Heavy rain
(D) Tsunami followed by earthquake