Are you searching for Basic History Questions and Answers Papers? Then you are in the right place. Why Because in our page we provide complete material regarding Basic History Questions and Answers Old Papers pdf. Aspirants can download basic history Model Papers here.
We have given free downloading links for Basic History Questions and Answers Papers. Candidates can find basic history trivia Practice Papers given below. By practicing simple history questions Papers, Applicants can know the difficulty level of exam. You can find furthermore history basic questions at the site given below. The history basic questions Papers is updated here.
Basic Questions and Answers on History
1. The largest known site of the Harappan Culture in India is ………………………. .. .
2. The famous megalithic site ‘Mahurjhari’ is located in
(B) Andhra Pradesh
3. The author of the book titled, “Pre-History and Proto-History of India and Pakistan” is ……………………. .. .
(A) S.R. Rao
(B) M.K. Dhavalikar
(C) B.B. Lal
(D) H.D. Sankalia
4. Which of the following ancient excavated sites was submerged in the water reservoir and later on after excavation, remains Were transplanted on the hill near to the site?
5. Which of the following ancient sites is a famous Neolithic site of India?
6. Who founded the Ajivika sect?
(D) Makkhaliputra Goshal
7. Dignaga Was a philosopher of …….. sect.
(C) Vedic Religion
8. The Second Buddhist Council was held at …………………. .. .
9. The writer of Mahabharat in Tamil during Sangam age was ………………. .. .
(B) Billaputur Alwar
10. According to Digambar Jain tradition, Lord Mahavira’s First Sermon (Discourse) took place at ……………………….
(D) Vipulachal Mountain-Rajgriha
11. Nalanda University Was supposed to be founded by ……………………… ..
(A) Chandragupta II
(B) Kumargupta I
12. According to Buddhist texts, who was credited for the conversion of the Mauryan King Ashoka into Buddhism?
13. According to the Nashik inscription of Vasishthiputra Pulumavi, Who uprooted the kshaharat branch of the Western kshatrapas?
(A) Yajnashri Satakarni
(B) Gautamiputra Satakarni
(C) Vasishthiputra Pulumavi
(D) Kumbha Satakarni
14. Which of the following concepts is not used in the land revenue during the Gupta period?
15. The monolithic temples at Mahabalipuram were excavated during the rule of the Pallava king ………………….. .. .
(D) Narasimhavarman I
16. The earliest epigraphical evidence of the custom of Sati is known from …………………….. .. period.
17. Pick out the wrongly matched pan” :
(A) Slave dynasty — 1206-1290 CE
(B) Khilji dynasty — 1290-1320 CE
(C) Tughlaq dynasty — 1320-1398 CE
(D) Vijayanagar Kingdom — 1346- 1518 CE
18. The famous Suﬁ Saint, Gusu-Daraz who lived in the Bahamani Kingdom belonged to Which order?
19. Who wrote the “Tarikh-i-Alai”?
(A) Amin Khan
(B) Amir Khusrau
(D) Amir Khan
20. The Ilahi era Was started by :
(B) Shah Jahan
21. Todarmal divided land into ………………. .. for the collection of Land revenue.
(A) 3 categories
(B) 4 categories
(C) 5 categories
(D) 6 categories
22. Badshaha Akbar Was buried at …………………..
(C) Fatehpur Sikri
23. From the Ashta Pradhan Mandal of Shivaji who had no compulsion to undertake Military expedition?
(A) Sumant and Amatya
(B) Nyayadhish and Panditrao
(C) Sachiv and Amatya
(D) Peshwa and Amatya
24. The Kingdom of Vijayanagar was founded in the year ………………. ..
25. Diwan-i-Amirkohi Was related to
(A) Military Department
(B) Pension Department
(C) Charity Department
(D) Agriculture Department
26. From which language the term ‘Daroga’ has derived?
27. The Suhrawardi Silsila Was founded in India by Whom?
(A) Shahabuddin Suhrawardi
(B) Bahauddin Zakariya
(C) Syed Ali Hamadani
(D) Nuruddin Wali
28. Mungishegaon Treaty of 1728 Was signed between ……………….. ..
(A) Sambhaji of Kolhapur and Baji Rao I
(B) Baji Rao I and Nizam of Hyderabad
(C) Baji Rao I and Hyder Ali
(D) Shahu of Satara and Sambhaji of Kolhapur
29. Which one of the following steps was not taken by Mir Kasim immediately after becoming the Nawab of Bengal?
(A) Shifting the capital from Murshidabad to Munger
(B) Abolishing the system of dastak, a trade permit issued to British merchants.
(C) Reorganising the bureaucracy by including men of his own choice
(D) Remodelling his army to enhance its skill and efﬁciency
30. Which was the most important cause of the English success against the French?
(A) The recall of Dupleix and appointment of Godeheu as French Governor-General in India
(B) Naval inferiority of the French
(C) Recent access of the English to rich resource of Bengal
(D) Difference in the organisational structure of the French and English companies
31. Which one of the following wars decided the fate of the French in India?
(A) First Carnatic War
(B) Battle of Buxar
(C) Battle of Plassey
(D) Battle of Wandiwash
32. Oudh Was ﬁnally annexed by the British in 1856 CE on the basis of ……………………. ..
(A) Absence of legal heir
(C) Outright defeat in the war
(D) The Treaty of Allahabad
33. Which book of V.D. Savarkar Was published in late 1908, in Paris, and smuggled into India under the label — Random Papers of the Pickwick Club?
(A) A Few Words about the Red Pamphlet
(B) The Indian War of Independence of 1857
(D) The Other Side of the Medal
34. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) C.R. Reddy — Prajamitra- mandali
(B) Jyotiba Phule — Satya Shodhak Samaj
(C) Atmaram — Prarthana Pandurang Samaj
(D) Dr. Babasabeb— Scheduled Ambedkar Castes Federation
35. On Whose request did Gandhiji decided to visit Champaran?
(A) Rajendra Prasad
(B) J.B. Kriplani
(C) Rajkumar Shukla
(D) Brij Kishore
36. Where was the headquarters of Ghadar Party?
(A) San Francisco
37. Rabindranath Tagore gave up his knighthood because of ………………… .. .
(A) Jallianwala Bagh Tragedy
(B) Execution of Bhagat Singh
(C) Chauri-Chaura incident
(D) Suspension of Non-cooperation Movement
38. “The Religion of Man” Was Written by :
(A) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(B) Bhau Daji Lad
(C) Rabindranath Tagore
(D) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
39. Which Indian revolutionary abroad, launched in January 1905, the publication of his own paper, the Indian Sociologist?
(A) V.D. Savarkar
(B) Sardar Singhji Rana
(C) Shyamji Krishna Varma
(D) Lala Har Dayal
40. Ranjit Singh belonged to the Sikh Misl of ……………….. .. .
(A) Kanheya Misl
(B) Sukarchakia Misl
(C) Ahluwalia Misl
(D) Bhangi Misl
41. The Supreme Court at Calcutta was established by Which of the following Acts?
(A) Regulating Act of 1773
(B) Pitt’s India Act of 1784
(C) Charter Act of 1793
(D) Charter Act of 1813
42. Which famous scientist was forbidden from publishing his scientific book by the religious inquisition ‘?
(D) Robert Boyle
43. Laissez-faire policy is associated with ……………………….. ..
(B) Free trade
(C) Voting Rights
44. In which year, the Great Depression occurred in America?
45. Which social thinker is called as the father of ‘Cyclical’ view of history?
(A) Auguste Comte
(B) George Wilhelm F. Hegel
(C) Giambattista Vico
(D) Karl Marx
46. The main aim of Annales School is to Write :
(A) History of havenots
(B) Social History
(C) Total History
(D) Local History
47. Which of the following concepts Was not introduced by history Writing of subaltern studies?
(B) Common sense
(D) Long duree