WEBCSC General English Question Papers is given on our page. We advise checking all the General English Sample Papers and Study material given on our page. This General English Questions helps the applicants in getting an idea of how the question paper is going to be.
Also, helps in time management during the WEBCSC examination. Check the Papers I Syllabus and Exam Pattern details for Manager in the section following. We advise referring the exam pattern before downloading the West Bengal Co-operative Service Commission General English Question Paper with Answers Pdf. Candidates who are looking for the WEBCSC Assistant cum Supervisor General English Question Paper can get in this section.
Aspirants just need to click on the links given in the tabular columns below and download WEBCSC General English Question pdf. Also, find the sample study material of WEBCSC General English given below. WEBCSC General English Previous Papers helps the applicants during the preparation.
We have given the direct link for WEBCSC General English Question Papers in the section below. Hence, check the details given and download the WEBCSC General English Question material given and start your preparation today. The WEBCSC Staff Officer Cadre Model Papers available here in the PDF forms.
Eligible & Interested candidates can download the West Bengal Co-operative Service Commission Clerical Cadre Last Ten Years Question Papers for the English, Quantitative Ability, Reasoning Ability & General Knowledge just by tapping on the direct links given below.
Download the WEBCSC Assistant cum Supervisor Previous Papers along with Solutions. Bookmark our site for latest updates about Deputy Manager Exam. You can also refer the West Bengal Co-operative Service Commission official website to get more Solved Question papers.
WEBCSC Model Question on General English
In the following questions, choose the word which can be substituted for the given phrases / sentences:
1. A man who has not been married
2. A man who attempts to pass for more than he is worth
3. To issue a thunderous verbal attack
4. Remarks which have no order or connection
5. A man devoid of kindly feeling and sympathy
Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentences meaning fully complete.
6. Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar was one of the Chief _________ of Western rights.
7. A solution may not yet be in sight, but the important thing was to get a _________ between them started.
8. Successful people are genuinely very efficient in _________ their tasks.
9. Dipen is the ________ head of the family and commands a lot of respect from the family members.
10. I want to have a____ of flats on rental basis.
Also Read | Aptitude and Reasoning Question Set
11. The weather also affected the road transportation.
Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete:
12. ‘Please’ and ‘Thank you’ are the little courtesies by which we keep the _______ of life oiled and running smoothly.
13. If someone deliberately damages your property, he is ______ to pay for the cost of repairs.
14. Parliamentary Democracy postulated a discipline and ________ to the rules.
15. As a last _________ the students have appealed to the Principal
16. India, for the present, is deeply _________ in political uncertainties.
Fill in the blanks with proper grammatical usage:
17. Shila is not _______ for the kind of job.
(a) cut in
(b) cut up
(c) cut through
(d) cut out
18. It is mainly due to their lethargy that the plan fell ________
19. He has shown utter neglect _______ duty.
20. He had developed prejudice _______ the English.
Must Read | General Knowledge Question Papers
21. Rama said that she had never _____ a book she liked so much.
(a) saw into
(b) come across
(c) held upon
(d) viewed on
Fill in the blanks in the following sentences with set of words from the four alternatives / four words.
22. The partners parted company as they found each other ________of _______ breach of understanding.
(a) dishonest, serious
(b) guilty, flagrant
(c) untrust, worthy
(d) accused, worst
23. _____ a blunder it was to listen _________ his advice.
(a) my, to
(b) only, for
(c) what, to
(d) great, at
24. I cannot accept that demanding job. Perhaps I _________ if I__________ young now.
(a) could, was
(b) can, am
(c) might, was
(d) would, were
25. You are ______ of playing ________and loose with the feelings of your trusted friends.
(a) charged, light
(b) accused, close
(c) guilty, fast
(d) found, fast
26. Many tourists to India visit the beautiful _________ of Kashmir ________ in spring and summer.
(a) town, frequently
(b) valley, especially
(c) scenery, generally
(d) lakes, rarely
27. The sun _________ at six this morning
28. The wood always _______ on water
(b) was floating
29. He ___________ the bird but he always missed.
(b) shot down
(c) shot at
(d) shot up
30. There are thirty teachers _________ the staff.
Substitute a single word from the alternatives for the given words / sentence
31. A post without remuneration
32. One who always runs away from danger
33. Gift left by will
34. The study of ancient societies
35. Mania for stealing articles
Choose the correct word from the given alternatives:
36. An assembly of hearers
37. One who takes delight in excessive cruelty
38. A man who starves body for the good of soul
39. A person who is resolved in talks
40. One who compiles dictionary
Choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word from the given alternatives
Choose the correct word from the given alternatives to express the meaning of the word
(d) Push Forward
Choose the right word from the given alternatives. The word is underlined.
51. Pradip has a penchant for fine poetry.
52. Abir did not admit his mistake in the beginning.
53. Prabir ran the marathon race in less than two hours.
54. Rabin hardly works.
55. The sight moved him to pity and compunction.
56. What is the ultimate goal of life?
57. All the streets looked just the same.
58. Science has revealed the mysteries of nature to man.
59. Beware of the fury of a patient man.
60. Sagacity increases with age.