Home » Social Work » UGC NET Social Work Questions and Answers
UGC NET Social Work Questions and Answers
UGC NET Social Work Questions and Answers is available here for the reference of University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test Exam applicants. The UGC NET Social Work Syllabus and Exam Pattern will help the aspirants to identify the Subjects, type of questions, Marks allotted for each section, and Cut Off Marks.
The table describes the UGC NET Social Work Exam Paper Pattern and tap on the direct link for the detailed University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test Exam Pattern. The UGC NET Social Work Exam applicants can visit this page for the precious material.
The applied candidates can also allow downloading the University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test Social Work Exam Model Question Papers from our website. The University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test Previous Papers will be helpful for the candidates to know the pattern of the UGC NET Social Work Written Examination.
Questions and Answers for UGC NET Social Work
1. Which one of the following is not a principle of Social Work ?
(A) Principle of Confidentiality
(B) Principle of Accountability
(C) Principle of Assimilation
(D) Principle of Objectivity
2. The Scheme for Working Children in Need of Care and Protection now comes under the umbrella of :
3. Integrated social work refers to the use of :
(A) all the methods of social work
(B) case work and group work
(C) group work and community work
(D) community work and social welfare administration
4. Social reform specifically aims at :
(A) Challenging the religious dogmas
(B) Changing the customs
(C) Changing the inhuman social practices
(D) Challenging caste system
5. Social work is an interrelated system of :
(A) theory and practice
(B) methods and techniques
(C) values, theory and practice
(D) assumptions, theory and practice
6. An explicit statement of values, principles and rules of a profession regulating the conduct of its members is known as :
(A) Code of Discipline
(B) Code of Conduct
(C) Code of Behaviour
(D) Code of Ethics
7. The author of the book ‘Social Diagnosis’ was :
(A) Gracy Thomos
(B) Murli Desai
(C) Mary Richmond
(D) M.S. Gore
8. Social work interventions within the police stations is practiced in the domain of ……………. .
(A) Criminal Justice System
(B) Family Welfare System
(C) Social Welfare System
(D) Civil and Judicial System
9. Which one of the following is not the core values of social work ?
(A) Respect for worth and dignity of every person
(C) Social justice
10. The book ‘Who Were the Shudras’ is written by :
(A) Mahatma Jyotibha Fule
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(D) Irawati Karve
11. The lifespan perspective views human behaviour in terms of :
(A) Individual’s growth and development within the social context
(B) Developmental tasks and challenges that characterise various stages of growth
(C) Developmental changes occurring at each stage of growth
(D) Level of maturation and growth characteristic of each stage of development
12. Which of the following is the main cause of social change in India ?
13. In order to develop the habit of attending classes regularly, North Star High School had a system of giving one point for hundred percent attendance in a week. At the end of the year, the children could exchange accrued points for things of their choice. Here the school used :
(A) Positive reinforcement
(C) Token economy
14. Our …………… responses are generally classically conditioned.
15. The Psychoanalytical Theory of Personality was propounded by :
(A) Helen Perlman
(B) Sigmund Freud
(C) Eric Berne
(D) Carl Rogers
16. ……………….. is not a component of Case Work.
17. Recognition of the right and need of clients to freedom in making their own choices and decisions is termed as :
18. As per Tuckman’s Model, group members develop guidance and standards of acceptable behaviour in ……………… stage.
19. The essential components of social case work consists of :
(A) Interview, Home Visit, Observation, Diagnosis
(B) Study, Diagnosis, Treatment, Follow-up
(C) Problem, Person, Place, Process
(D) Observation, Home Visit, Treatment, Follow-up
20. The ‘Empty Chair’ is a technique of which of the following Therapies ?
(C) Client Centered Therapy
(D) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
21. Encouraging, paraphrasing, summarization and reflection of the client’s feelings are skills used in :
(A) Empathetic listening
(C) Information sharing
22. Social Group Work refers to ………. .
(A) Building up age-old custom
(B) Reforming social practices
(C) Building a feeling of group solidarity
(D) Rebuilding confidence of vulnerable groups
23. The Social Group Work Method does not consist of …………….. .
(A) Working on the composition of the group
(B) Random selection of group members for the group
(C) Accomplishing the goals for each member
(D) Guiding group interactions and dynamics
24. Social Group Workers do not perform the following role while working with the group ?
(A) Decision Maker
25. Who defined social stratification as a horizontal division of society into higher and lower social units ?
26. Motivation-hygiene theory was proposed by …………… .
27. In Classical Conditioning the neutral stimulus is called :
(A) Unconditioned stimulus
(B) Higher order stimulus
(C) Secondary stimulus
(D) Conditioned stimulus
28. Ten years old Champa started thumb-sucking and engaging in baby talk after the birth of her little sister. This is an example of :
29. Socialisation is the process of :
(A) Transmission of cultural and behavioural norms
(B) Grooming children to be effective adults
(C) Ensuring identity formation in children
(D) Ensuring that norms between generation of each culture are effectively passed from the generation to the other
30. Concept of Alienation is propounded by :
(A) Karl Jim
(B) T. Pearson
(C) Karl Marx
(D) Max Weber
31. As per ……………… theory society is a system of interactions which are self-regulated.
32. Moral development in children was proposed by :
33. A researcher has prepared a list of patients and selected samples on random basis is called …………… .
(A) Stratified sampling
(B) Snow-ball sampling
(C) Sequential random sampling
(D) Quota sampling
34. SPSS is ……………… package used to process data for social research.
35. The values of Mean, Median and Mode are equal :
(A) in a normal distribution
(B) in a skewed distribution
(C) in a binominal distribution
(D) in an abnormal distribution
36. Which one of the following is not a probability sampling method ?
(A) Simple Random
(B) Cluster Sampling
(C) Stratified Random Sampling
(D) Quota Sampling
37. The term ………………. refers to the degree to which the measure of a construct is consistent or dependable.
38. The focus of social work research is on :
(A) Micro-level practice
(B) Macro-level practice
(C) Meso-level practice
(D) Survey research
39. Qualitative research is based on ……………. philosophy.
40. When an independent variable is manipulated without the random assignment :
(A) Ex-post facto Research Design
(B) True Experimental Research Design
(C) Solomon Four Groups Research Design
(D) Quasi-Experimental Research Design