Test Papers on Computer Science and Engineering
Interested users can download the Test Papers on Computer Science and Engineering from the links enclosed below. Download the Last 5 Years Test Papers on Computer Science and Engineering Solved along with the Answers of each question.
This Test Papers on Computer Science and Engineering may vary from the Actual paper. Use the Test Papers on Computer Science and Engineering as a reference for the exam preparation. Check the Test Papers on Computer Science and Engineering from this page.
At the bottom of this page, you will find ‘Click here links’ for downloading the Test Papers on Computer Science and Engineering. Click on the required link & download your related Test Papers on Computer Science and Engineering to make as a reference for your scheduled preparation.
Computer Science and Engineering Test Papers
1. When device A has a cable that plugs into device B, and device B has a cable that plugs into device C and device C plugs into a port on the computer, this arrangement is called a:
(b) daisy chain
2. Logical memory is broken into blocks of the same size called:
(c) backing store
(d) none of these
3. Which one of the following cannot be scheduled by the kernel?
(a) kernel level thread
(b) user level thread
(d) none of these
4. Which of the following memory allocation scheme suffers from external fragmentation?
(b) Pure demand paging
5. Which is not a state of the process?
6. Which of the following is used to removal of process from active contention of CPU and reintroduce them into memory later?
7. ___________ refers to a situation in which a process is ready to execute but is continuously denied access to a processor in deference to other processes.
(b) Mutual Exclusion
(c) Dead lock
8. Which of the following information not included in memory table?
(a) The allocation of main memory to process.
(b) The allocation of secondary memory to process
(c) Any information needed to manage virtual memory
(d) Any information about the existence of file
9. The methods or algorithms which are used to increase the performance of disk storage sub-system is called :
(a) Disk performing
(b) Disk scheduling
(c) Disk storing
(d) Disk extending
10. A special purpose register that is set to the highest address occupied by the OS code is:
(a) fence register
(b) general purpose register
(c) protection register
(d) control register
11. The process of splitting of data into equal size partitions over multiple disks is known as:
(a) data stripping
(b) array of disks
12. A path name that starts at root directory is:
13. In ___________ file organization, a fixed format is used for records where all records are of the same length, consisting of the same number of fixed length fields in a particular order.
(c) indexed sequential
14. Typically, ___________ is on an individual block basis where each block contains a pointer to the next block in the chain.
(a) Chained allocation
(b) Indexed allocation
(c) Contiguous allocation
(d) Variable allocation
15. A monitor is a type of:
(b) low level synchronization construct
(c) high level synchronization construct
(d) none of these
16. What does Belady’s anomaly related to?
(a) Page replacement Algorithm
(b) Memory Management Algorithm
(c) Deadlock Prevention Algorithm
(d) Disk Scheduling Algorithm
17. The Banker’s algorithm is used:
(a) to rectify deadlock
(b) to prevent deadlock
(c) to detect deadlock
(d) to solve deadlock
18. For system protection, a process should access:
(a) all the resources
(b) only those resources for which it has authorization
(c) few resources but authorization is not required
(d) all of these
19. How members of an object are accessed?
(a) Using dot operator/period symbol
(b) Using scope resolution operator
(c) Using member names directly
(d) Using pointer only
20. Which feature of OOP indicates code reusability?
21. Which of the following concepts means determining at runtime what method to invoke?
(a) Data hiding
(b) Dynamic Typing
(c) Dynamic binding
(d) Dynamic loading
22. Which of the following functions are performed by a constructor?
(a) Construct a new class
(b) Construct a new object
(c) Construct a new function
(d) Initialize objects
23. Which type of function among the following shows polymorphism?
(a) Inline function
(b) Virtual function
(c) Undefined functions
(d) Class member functions
24. Which of the following statements regarding inline functions is correct?
(a) Speed up execution
(b) Slow down Execution
(c) Decrease the code size
(d) increase context switch
25. Which of the following is used to make an abstract class?
(a) Declaring it abstract using static keyword
(b) Declaring it abstract using virtual keyword
(c) Making at least one member function as virtual function
(d) Making at least one member function as pure virtual function
More Question Set on Computer Science and Engineering
|Model Question||Old Question|
|Sample Papers||Mock Test|
|Practice Set||Question Bank|
|Important Questions||Test Papers|
|Typical Questions||Selected Questions|
26. Which of the following access specifier is used as a default in a class definition?
27. When a destructor is called?
(a) After the end of object life
(b) Anytime in between object’s lifespan
(c) At end of whole program
(d) Just before the end of an object life
28. RandomAccessFile can be used to:
(a) Read from a random access file
(b) Write to a random access file
(c) Read and write to a random access file
(d) Restricts read and write to a random access file
29. Exception handling is targeted at:
(a) Runtime error
(b) Compile time error
(c) Logical error
(d) All of these
30. The mechanism that binds code and data together and keeps them secure from outside world is known as :
31. If we create a file by ‘ifstream’, then the default mode of the file is:
32. The operator that cannot be overloaded is:
(a) + +
(b) : :
(d) ( )
33. Overloading a postfix increment operator by means of a member function takes:
(a) no argument
(b) one argument
(c) two argument
(d) three argument
34. Which language does not support all 4 types of inheritance?
(d) Small Talk
35. Which concept of OOP is false for C++?
(a) Code can be written without using classes
(b) Code must contain at least one class
(c) A class must have member functions
(d) At least one object should be declared in code
36. Which of the two features match each other?
(a) Inheritance and Encapsulation
(b) Encapsulation and Polymorphism
(c) Encapsulation and Abstraction
(d) Abstraction and Polymorphism
37. Size of a class is:
(a) Sum of size of all the variables declared inside the class
(b) Sum of size of all the variables along with inherited variables in the class
(c) Size of largest size of variable
(d) Classes doesn’t have any size
38. Which among the following is false, for member function of a class?
(a) All member functions must be defined
(b) Member functions can be defined inside or outside the class body
(c) Member functions need not be declared inside the class definition
(d) Member functions can be made friend to another class using friend keyword
39. Which of the following pairs are similar?
(a) Class and object
(b) Class and structure
(c) Structure and object
(d) Structure and functions
40. Instance of which type of class can’t be created?
(a) Anonymous class
(b) Nested class
(c) Parent class
(d) Abstract class
41. In case of using abstract class or function overloading, which function is supposed to be called first?
(a) Local function
(b) Function with highest priority in compiler
(c) Global function
(d) Function with lowest priority because it might have been halted since long time, because of low priority
42. Which among the following can’t be used for polymorphism?
(a) Static member functions
(b) Member functions overloading
(c) Predefined operator overloading
(d) Constructor overloading
43. Which among the following can show polymorphism?
(a) Overloading ||
(b) Overloading +=
(c) Overloading <<
(d) Overloading &&
44. While using encapsulation, which among the following is possible?
(a) Code modification can be additional overhead
(b) Data member’s data type can be changed without changing any other code
(c) Data member’s type can’t be changed, or whole code have to be changed
(d) Member functions can be used to change the data type of data members
45. Which among the following violates the principle of encapsulation almost always?
(a) Local variables
(b) Global variables
(c) Public variables
(d) Array variables
46. Which among the following can be a concept against encapsulation rules?
(a) Using function pointers
(b) Using char* string pointer to be passed to non-member function
(c) Using object array
(d) Using any kind of pointer/array address in passing to another function
47. Using encapsulation data security is:
(a) Not ensured
(b) Ensured to some extent
(c) Purely ensured
(d) Very low
48. Hiding the implementation complexity can:
(a) Make the programming easy
(b) Make the programming complex
(c) Provide more number of features
(d) Provide better features
49. In terms of stream and files:
(a) Abstraction is called a stream and device is called a file
(b) Abstraction is called a file and device is called a stream
(c) Abstraction can be called both file and stream
(d) Abstraction can’t be defined in terms of files and stream
50. Which specifier allows a programmer to make the private members which can be inherited?
(d) Protected and default