Aspirants can find free downloading for Topic wise Sociology Question Bank. Applicants can just click on those Sociology Question Bank and practice them to get a good score. The applicants who are searching for the Sociology Question Bank reached the right page. You can get all the Typical Papers of here.
These Typical papers are very helpful for boosting your preparation. Hence, applicants can download the Sociology Typical Papers with Answers pdf from the below free downloading links. Here are certain direct links are given to download the Sociology Question Bank to help the participants who are in preparation for their exams.
Question Bank on Sociology
1. The second most common cause of death in Indian population is:
(C) Acute Respiratory Infection
2. Which of the following was presumed to equate to westernization?
3. Which one of the following is an orthogenetic process of change?
4. Which one of the following does not refer to secularism?
(A) Equal respect to all religions
(B) Separation of state from religion
(C) The state is not theocratic
(D) Religious leaders can veto any law
5. Joan P. Mencher has made a study on agriculture and social structure in:
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(B) Tamil Nadu
6. The terminology of Jajmani System was introduced into the Indian Social Anthropology by:
(A) Iravati Karve
(B) William F. Hall
(C) Weiner M
(D) William Wiser
7. For nutritional purposes ICDS provides …………………… Calories every day to every child below 6 years of age.
8. Choose the correct answer from codes given below:
Neo-liberal globalisation refers to:
(I) Capitalism with welfarism
(II) Free market capitalism
(III) Solution to structural crisis of the 1970s
(IV) Capitalism without human face
(A) (I) and (II)
(B) (I), (II) and (IV)
(C) (II), (III) and (IV)
(D) (I) and (IV)
9. Neo-liberal capitalism does not include:
(A) Capitalism without human face
(B) Free market capitalism
(C) Capitalism and welfarism
(D) Solution to structural crisis of 1970s
10. Deviance refers to:
(A) Deviance consists of accepted norms
(B) Accepted way of life
(C) Those activities which do not confirm to the norms and expectations
(D) General approval from the members of society
11. Corruption denotes:
(A) The misuse of public offices for personal gains
(B) Money making by all means
(C) Informal use of law
(D) Honest Action
12. When an IT professional mother is asked forcibly to resign her job to look after the child, it is:
(A) Domestic violence
(B) Dowry issue
(C) Parental Responsibility
(D) Responsible citizenship
13. Most of the TV serials depict fights between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. This is called:
(A) Role Conflict
(B) Women’s fights
(C) Intergenerational Conflict
(D) Social Conflict
14. Absolute poverty is defined as:
(A) Being without money
(B) Being without power
(C) Insufficiency in basic necessities of existence
(D) Being without luxury
15. ‘Copenhagen World Summit’ was about:
(A) Economic Policy and Research
(B) Social Development
(D) Environmental Sustainability
16. The organised forms of social behaviour and their repetition are called:
17. Which of the following Articles makes the special provisions for the administration of the certain areas called scheduled areas other than Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram?
(A) Article 243 B
(B) Article 244
(C) Article 245
(D) Article 334
18. Which part of India is known for Bhils and Gonds?
(A) Central India
(B) North-East India
(C) North India
(D) South India
19. Justice Verma Committee commented on …………..
(A) Sexual assault of extreme nature against women
(B) Custodial rapes
(C) Rapes of minors
(D) Custodial deaths
20. Poverty is defined as:
(A) Absence of enough money
(B) Determined by the standards that exists within a society
(C) Absence of proper governance
(D) Social and political inequalities
21. Highest percentage of tribal population in North Maharashtra is in which district?
22. Which one of the following does not represent socialist path to development?
(A) State Capitalism
(B) Capitalist agriculture on state owned farms
(C) Private investments’ in infrastructure
(D) Reduction in Income disparities
23. The Champaran Satyagraha took place in:
(A) April 1917
(B) May 1917
(C) June 1917
(D) April 1918
24. The shift from high birth and death rates to low birth as well as death rates is called the:
(A) Population explosion
(B) Demographic transition
(C) Population stabilization
(D) Optimum Population
25. The Panchayati Raj is:
(A) an Asian Political System
(B) a South Asian Political System
(C) a South American Political System
(D) a Chinese Political System
26. ‘Double burden’ is not ………………
(A) disproportionate share of housework done by women
(B) gendered conceptions of the distinction between public and private life
(C) physical differences between men and women
(D) isolation of women in their home and work place
27. Which of the following is a demographer?
(A) Ashish Bose
(B) K.L. Sharma
(C) Dipankar Gupta
(D) Irawati Karve
28. Which one is not the example of ‘gender mainstreaming’?
(A) Creating a more conducive social environment for gender equality
(B) Active role of women in decision making
(C) The establishment of the UN Gender Development Index
(D) Exclusion of women from policy making
29. Gandhi suggested small scale industries and reliance on local products for local self-sufficiency and self-sustaining development. He termed it as ……..
30. Neofunctionalism includes:
(I) Deviance and social control are realities within social systems
(II) Social institutions have universal positive functions
(III) Social systems are characterized as moving and partial equilibrium rather than static equilibrium
(IV) Integration is considered as a social possibility
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(A) (I) and (II)
(B) (I), (II) and (III)
(C) (I), (II) and (IV)
(D) (I), (II) and (IV)
31. Who coined the term Ethnomethodology?
(A) Peter Berger
32. Who attempted to reformulate the relationship between base and superstructure?
33. Who incorporated Weber’s concept of verstehen to understand subjective world?
(C) Alfred Schutz
34. Which one of the following is an example of a ‘Third Generation’ or ‘True’ cybercrime?
(A) International drug dealing via e-mail
(B) The global trade in online pornography
(C) The vandalizing of virtual environments
(D) Theft of goods sold via online auction websites
35. Arising suicide rate associated with normlessness and a lack of social regulation can be described as:
(A) Egoistic suicide
(B) Altruistic suicide
(C) Fatalistic suicide
(D) Anomic suicide
36. Who has written the book entitled “Peasant Movements in India, 1920-1950”?
(A) A.R. Desai
(B) F.L. Brayne
(C) E.C. Curwin
(D) D.N. Dhanagare
37. Who has propounded the ‘Cyclical Theory’ of population growth?
38. Who is the author of ‘The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life’?
(A) Peter Berger
(B) Alfred Schutz
(C) Erving Goffman
39. Who is the author of ‘Asian Drama’?
(A) Samir Amin
(B) Max Weber
(C) Karl Marx
(D) Gunnar Myrdal
40. Foucault’s ‘Archaeology of Knowledge’ focuses on which one of the following?
(A) Methodology of social sciences
41. Which among the following is not included in the classification of capitalistic societies given by Habermas?
42. Who said that bureaucracy is a response to demand for efficiency and rational organization?
43. Post-modernism refers to:
(I) Difference and plurality
(II) Modernism and reason
(IV) Cultural narratives
Select the correct answer from the Codes given below:
(A) (I), (II) and (II)
(B) (I), (III) and (IV)
(C) (II), (III) and (IV)
(D) (I) and (II)
44. Development induced displacement of population happens due to:
(B) Migration for new job
(C) Transfer in another country
(D) Dams and highways
45. Who is the author of ‘Studies in Ethnomethodology’?
(A) J. Alexander
46. Hawthorne experiment was carried out to study ………………
(A) Impact of illumination on workers’ performance
(B) Workplace social relations
(C) Managerial practices
(D) Impact of sound on workers’ performance
47. “Deliberate and methodological organization of the human element of industry in order to achieve its objectives’ refers to:
(A) Formal organization of industry
(B) Cottage industry
(C) Home based industry
48. Miller studied Jajmani System in:
49. Nirbhaya case was about:
(A) Sexual abuse and cruelty
(B) Women’s modesty
(C) Dangerous cities
50. Labour force is classified into age- group:
(A) 6-14 years
(B) 0-15 years
(C) 15-59 years
(D) 60+ years