Download Polymer Technology Questions and Answers to sharpen your skills in various sections. Definitely, using the last year Polymer Technology question papers with answers Pdf, you can practice well for the exam and result will be also good.
Hope, you all applied for Polymer Technology jobs and looking for Previous Years Question Papers. That’s why we have provided Polymer Technology Previous Papers along with Answers. Applicants can download Polymer Engineering Solved Question Papers and start preparation.
At first, refer and download Polymer Technology Syllabus & Exam Pattern. Then, download the Polymer Engineering Model Question Papers. You can use these Polymer Engineering Old Papers as a reference for your practice.
Polymer Engineering MCQ Objective Questions
1. The name of process of controlled wounding on rubber tree fur extraction of latex is:
2. The grade of rubber sheet which is used mainly for tyre manufacturing is :
(B) Off grade
(C) RSS – 1
(D) RS5 – 4
3. The name of plastic which is used for mineral water and carbonized beverage bottles :
(B) Poly propelene
4. What is the name of fibre which is extracted from coconut husk ?
5. _____________ is a commodity plastic.
6. ___________ is the ISNR grade which doesn’t show storage hardness.
(B) ISNR – 20
(C) ISNR – 3
(D) ISNR 3 CV
7. Rain gardening is used in rubber tree for ___________.
(A) Tapping in rainy season
(B) Growing in rainy season
(C) Organic farming in rainy season
(D) Protect sheet rubber from rain
8. What type of printing in plastic are used for multi colour photo graphic design pictures in branded multi layer plastic sheet packes ?
(A) Screen printing
(C) Flexographic printing
(D) None of these
9. What is the scientific name of rubber yielding trees mostly cultivated in Kerala ?
(A) Castilla elastic
(B) Parthonium argentattum
(C) Hevea brazeeliensis
10. Different types of rubber trees are called :
11. The origin land of rubber tree :
12. The chemical used to preserve latex :
(B) Acetic acid
(C) Formic acid
(D) Sulphuric acid
13. _____________, is the acid usually used to coagulating skim rubber.
(A) Formic acid
(B) Sulphuric acid
(C) Acetic acid
(D) Hydrochloric acid
14. The best grade of creep rubber is :
15. Example of a natural fibre is :
16. Jute is made from ___________ part of the tree.
17. ____________ is the monomer of polyethylene.
18. _____________ is the chemical name of Natural Rubber.
(A) Trans 1, 4 Polyisoprene
(B) Cis 1, 4 Polyisoprene
19. Among the following _________ is the technically specified rubber.
(A) Sheet Rubber
(B) Creep Rubber
(C) Crump Rubber
(D) Cup Lump
20. DRC of normal latex is generally in the range of _________ %.
(A) 1.5 – 10
(B) 10 – 15
(C) 60- 65
(D) 30 – 35
21. Among the following which plastic is water soluble ?
22. Which fibre is widely used as tyre cords ?
23. Among the following, select the component of a tyre where steel wire is usually seen:
(A) Inner liner
(C) Side wall
24. What is the full form of PVC ?
(A) Poly Vinyl Chloride
(B) Poly Vinyl Acetate
(C) Poly Vinylene Chloride
(D) Poly Vinyl Alcohol
25. Nylon – b is manufactured from :
(B) Adipic acid and hexamethylene diamine
(C) Sebasic acid and hexamethylene diarnine
(D) Maleic anhydride and hexamethylene
26. Cellulose is the main constituent of most _______ fibres.
27. Chloroprene Rubber is a :
28. Mastication of rubber means :
(A) Improving its curing rate
(B) A treatment to retard its deterioration duo to oxidation
(C) Reducing viscosity
(D) Depression of its freezing point
29. Rubber sheeting is made by :
(C) Injection Moulding
30. _________ is a thermosetting plastic.
31. _________ is a natural fibre.
(C) Nylon – 6
(D) None of these
32. Plastic tubes and pipes are generally made by ________ moulding.
33. PMMA sheet is manufactured by :
(A) Bulk Polymerization
(B) Emulsion Polymerization
(C) Solution Polymerization
(D) Suspension Polymerization
34. _____ is a hornopolymer.
35. Synthetic lattices are made by :
(A) Emulsion Polymerization
(B) Suspension Polymerization
(C) Solution Polymerization
(D) Bulk Polymerization
36. Which of the following is an antioxidant used in rubber ?
(B) Styrinated Phenol
37. Iodine absorption number of Carbon Black is used to measure :
(C) Particle size
38. VFA of Latex is increased due to :
(C) Bacterial Action
39. If accelerator is not used in a rubber compound and after heating in a press for five minutes:
(A) It becomes under cure
(B) It will not cure
(C) It becomes over cure
(D) It becomes exact cure
40. Among the following which is antinzonant ?
41. Latex is a __________ of rubber.
(D) None of these
42. Wearing part of tyre is :
43. Nytryl is a ___________ rubber.
(A) Heat resistant
(B) Chemical resistant
(C) Aging resistant
(D) Oil resistant
44. Butyl rubber is famous for :
(A) Oil Resistance
(B) Chemical Resistance
(C) Weather Resistance
(D) Gas Impermeability
45. Which resin is used for making FRP ?
(B) Unsaturated Polyester resin
(C) Saturated Polyester resin
(D) None of above
46. Silica is a _________ filler.
47. Carbon black increases :
(B) Tensile strength
(D) All these properties
48. Which of the following is a copolymer ?
49. Optimum cure time of a rubber compound is taken from a rheograph is:
50. As the particle size of carbon black increases; hardness :
(C) No effect
(D) None of the above
51. Blowing agent used in Micro Cellular rubber :
52. Which one of the following is an ultra accelerator ?
53. ____________ is a flame resistant synthetic rubber.
(C) Fluomcarbon rubber
(D) Ethylene Propylene rubber
54. ____________ is a special purpose synthetic rubber.
(A) Polybutadiene rubber
(B) Fluorocarbon rubber
55. Chaffer strips gives additional reinforcement to :
(A) Side wall area
(B) Tread area
(C) Bead area
(D) Cacas fabric
56. The curing agent used for sulphur less vulcanizing system :
(D) Mtelalic oxides
57. The usual PHR of Stearic acid in a hawai sole formulation is:
58. HAF is produced by :
(A) Channel Process
(B) Thermal Process
(C) Furnace Process
(D) Lamp black Process
59. Scorch time is :
(A) The time required to cros linking
(B) Total time of compounding
(C) Time required for a compound fully vulcanize
(D) Safety time before vulcanization starts
60. While improving Reinforcement of rubber compound :
(A) Increase modulus
(B) Improve heat resistance
(C) improve specific gravity
(D) Improve oil resistance
61. ______________ is not reinforcing filler.
(A) Aluminium silicate
(D) Carbon black
62. Reclaimed rubber is produced from :
(A) Rubber compound
(B) Pre-vulcanized latex
(C) Ground vulcanized rubber
(D) Creep rubber
63. In radial tyre carcass, the cords runs at :
(A) 45 degree to the circumstantial line
(B) 90 degree to the circumstantial line
(C) 60 degree to the circumstantial line
(D) 180 degree to the circumstantial line
64. Ethylene is a plastic, propylene is a plastic. But co-polymerizing ethylene and propylene we get a rubber, Ethylene Propylene rubber; the reason being :
(A) All are crystalline
(B) All are amorphous
(C) Ethylene propylene is amorphous and others are crystalline
(D) Ethylene propylene is crystalline and others are amorphous
65. The speed ratio of a lab size mixing mill rollers is :
(A) 1 : 1.9
(D) 1: 1.3
66. The force required to produce a certain increment in extension of a vulcanised rubber specimen is called :
(B) Tensile strength
(C) Elengation at break
(D) Tear strength
67. The viscosity of the rubber compound :
(A) increases with temperature
(B) decreases with temperature
(C) no effect
(D) first increases and the reduces
68. Unvulcanised Natural Rubber is a :
(A) Leanier polymer
(B) Cross linked polymer
(C) Branched polymer
69. Iso electric point of Natural rubber latex is :
(A) 1 PH
(B) 2 PH
(C) 6.4 PH
(D) 4.3 PH
70. A colloid is a :
(A) Visco elastic form of matter
(B) Liquid phase
(C) Rubber particles dissolved in water
(D) A system containing two phases; a dispersed phase and a dispersion medium
71. Smoke is _________ form of a colloid.
(A) solid in liquid
(B) solid in gas
(C) gas in liquid
(D) liquid in gas
72. The difference between MC sheet and Hawai sheet :
(A) MC has open cell structure while Hawai has closed cell structure.
(B) Hawai has fully open cell structure while MC has closed cell structure.
(C) Hawaii has inter connected cell structure while MC has closed cell structure.
(D) Based on the specific gravity difference.
73. During valcanisalion-:
(A) Raw rubber become cross linked
(B) Raw rubber becomes soluble
(C) Raw rubber become crystalline
(D) The raw rubber soft
74. Give example for an cellular rubber product :
(A) Play ball
(B) Automobile tube
(C) Tubeless tyre
(D) Polyurathene foam
75. Phenol fornialdchyde resin is known as :
(D) nylon – 6
76. Usually in tubeless tyres, inner liners are made of ____________ rubber.
(B) Halo butyl
77. Hardness of Vulcanized Rubber is measured by :
(A) Temile Tester
(B) Dunlop Tripso meter
(C) Duro meter
78. Neoprene is the trade name of :
(A) Nitryl rubber
(D) Phenol formaldehyde
79. The fibres produced from __________ are known as rayon.
(A) ethylene glycon
80. Visco-elastic behaviour exhibited by polymers is a _________ like behaviour.
(B) combination of solid and liquid
(C) combination of gas and solid