Anatomy MCQ paper for the written examination is given below. Candidates who are looking for Anatomy exam MCQ paper can find in this section. The applied candidates who are getting prepared for the Anatomy can view this page for the Anatomy Last Ten Years MCQ Papers.
Download the Anatomy MCQ & Solutions & make it as a reference for your exam preparation. Take advantage of these Anatomy MCQ Papers in a proper manner to get qualifying Marks. Last 5 years Anatomy MCQ Papers provided here. Candidates who are applied for the above exam can check and download the Anatomy MCQ Papers from here.
MCQ on Anatomy
1. Purkinje cells of the cerebellum project inhibitory axons to which of the following nuclei?
(1) Superior olivary nucleus
(2) Inferior olivary nucleus
(3) Arcuate nucleus
(4) Fastigeal nucleus
2. Sexually dimorphic nucleus is located in the
(1) Anterior nucleus
(2) Medial preoptic nucleus
(3) Posterior nucleus
(4) Ventro-lateral nucleus
3. Difficulty in swallowing and phonation due to paralysis of ipsilateral palatal and laryngeal muscles is an indication of lesion of
(1) Nucleus ambiguous
(2) Hypoglossal nucleus
(3) Trigeminal nucleus
(4) Abducent nerve nucleus
4. Basal ganglia consists of all of the following, except :
(1) Caudate nucleus
(4) Globus pallidus
5. Which is the nucleus of masseteric reflex?
(1) Chief sensory nucleus
(2) Nucleus of spinal tract of trigeminal nerve
(3) Nucleus of mesencephalic nucleus of trigeminal nerve
(4) Dorsal vagal nerve
6. In adults the spinal cord normally ends at the
(1) Lower border of L1
(2) Lower border of L3
(3) Tower border of L4
(4) Lower border of L5
7. Cranial nerve which emerges from dorsal surface of brain is
(1) II nd
(2) III rd
(3) IV th
(4) VI th
8. Which of the following area of the cerebral cortex is concerned with the recognition of painful stimuli from teeth?
(1) Precentral gyrus
(2) Post central gyrus
(3) Superior temporal gyrus
(4) Cingulate gyrus
9. Sensory fibres from taste buds in the hard and soft palate travel along
(1) Trigeminal nerve
(2) Facial nerve
(3) Glossopharyngeal nerve
(4) Vagus nerve
10. Neurologic examination reveals paralysis of upward and downward gaze, absence of convergence and absence of pupillary reaction to light. The lesion is in the
(1) Rostral midbrain tectum
(2) Caudal midbrain tectum
(3) Caudal pontine tegmentum
(4) Rostral pontine tegmentum
11. Medial squint and diplopia results in damage to
(1) Vestibulo-cochlear nerve
(2) Abducent nerve
(3) Occulomotor nerve
(4) Trochlear nerve
12. Neuro-epithelium type sensory receptors are present in the following system :
13. One component of middle ear is
(3) Organ of corti
(4) Scala vestibuli
14. Sensations from muscle, tendon, joints and inner ear are conveyed through
15. The primary olfactory cortex includes the following, except :
(1) Lateral part of orbital surface of frontal lobe
(2) Gyrus semilunaris
(3) Gyrus ambiens
(4) Dorso-medial part of amygdale
16. Which of the following cells are not present in Retina?
(1) Pigment epithelial cells
(2) Rods and cones
(3) Bipolar cells
(4) Stellate cells
17. The visual association cortex (area 18 and 19) is involved in which of the following functions?
(1) Recognition of object
(2) Perception of colour
(3) Depth of vision and motion
(4) All of these
18. Which of the following steps is false in transmission of sound from tympanic membrane to cochlea?
(1) Vibration of tympanic membrane
(2) Vibration of malleus, incus and Stapes
(3) Vibration of membrane coreing round ligament
(4) Vibration of basilar membrane
19. The uterus is normally
(1) Antiverted and Antiflexed
(2) Antiverted and Retroflexed
(3) Retroverted and Retroflexed
(4) Retroverted and Antiflexed
20. Pouch of Douglas is situated between
(1) Bladder and Uterus
(2) Uterus and Rectum
(3) Bladder and Rectum
(4) Bladder and pubic symphysis
|Quiz||Questions and Answers|
|Important Questions||Viva Questions|
21. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic feature of large intestine?
(2) Taeniae coli
(4) Appendices epiploicae
22. The space between the right left vocal fold is called
(3) Rima vestibuli
(4) Rima glottidis
23. The volume of the normal renal pelvis and calyces usually does not exceed
(1) 2 ml
(2) 8 ml
(3) 15 ml
(4) 30 ml
24. Which of the following is not related to visceral surface of the liver?
(1) Hepatic flexure of colon
(2) Superior duodenal flexure
(3) Greater omentum
(4) Lesser omentum
25. Base of the heart is mainly formed by the
(1) Right atrium
(2) Left atrium
(3) Left ventricle
(4) Right ventricle
26. Renal papillac opens into
(3) Minor calyx
(4) Major calyx
27. All of the following structures form the splenic bed, except –
(2) Splenic flexure of colon
(4) Adrenal gland
28. Neck of the pancreas is related on its posterior surface to the
(1) Gastroduodenal artery
(2) Superior mesenteric vein
(3) Inferior vena cava
(4) Right gastroepiploic artery
29. Following statement is NOT true about maxillary air sinus :
(1) It opens into the inferior meatus of the nasal cavity.
(2) It is related posteriorly to the infratemporal and pterygopalative fossae.
(3) A cancer growing towards its roof will produce diplopia.
(4) It can be surgically approached from canine fossa.
30. Following statement is NOT true about the thyroid gland :
(1) Carotid sheath is related to its posterolateral surface.
(2) It develops from the third pharyngeal pouch.
(3) During thyroidectomy the gland is removed with its true capsule.
(4) The pretracheal fascia attaches it to hyoid.
31. The statement which is NOT true about the larynx :
(1) Sensory supply above the vocal cord is by recument laryngeal nerve.
(2) During phonation, vocal cords are adducted.
(3) The internal laryngeal nerve lies in the floor of pyriform fossa.
(4) Lymphatics from above the vocal cord drains into upper deep cervical group.
32. All are true about posterior triangle of neck, except :
(1) sternoclcidomastoid and trapezius forms its boundaries
(2) prevertebral fascia forms its floor
(3) branches of cervical plexus forms its contents
(4) trunks of brachial plexus emerging between scalenus medius and posterior
33. True about the parotid salivary gland is
(1) It comprises longly of serous acini.
(2) Its duct pierces masseter muscle before opening into the vestibule of oral cavity.
(3) The external carotid artery divides the gland into superficial and deep lobes.
(4) The sccretomotor nerve supply is from the greater petrosal branch of facial nerve.
34. All are true about perincal membrane, except :
(1) Forms the roof of the deep perineal pouch.
(2) Fuses with the pubic symphysis anteriorly.
(3) Is pierced by the mate urethra.
(4) Its continuous’ with the membranous layer of superficial fascia posteriorly.
35. The defence mechanism which approximates roof and floor of the inguinal canal is
(1) Ball valve
(2) Flap valve
(3) Slit valve
36. Structures forming the thoracic inlet include all, except :
(1) upper border of manubrium sterni
(2) inner border of ist rib
(3) ist thoracic vertebrae
(4) upper border of clavicle
37. All statements are true about Oesophagus, except :
(1) Begins at C6 level.
(2) Has a constriction 11 inches from the incisor teeth due to left principal bronchus.
(3) Its lined by non-keratinised stratified squamous epithelium.
(4) Passes through the right dome of diaphragm at T8 level.
38. All the statements NOT true about conducting tissue of the heart, except :
(1) Sinuatrial node is located at the opening of inferior vena cava.
(2) Atrioventricular node is related to right atrial wall.
(3) Moderator band contains the right bundle branch.
(4) Atrioventricular bundle is at the muscular interventricular septum.
39. The ligamentum arteriosum is remnant of
(1) Ductus arteriosus
(2) Umbilical vein
(3) Ductus venosus
(4) Umbilical artery
40. Primitive streak initiation and maintenance is due to
(1) Nodal gene
(4) Brachyury gene
41. Meiosis occurs at which of the following transformation?
(1) Primary spermatocyte to intermediate spermatocyte
(2) Primary spermatocyte to secondary spermatocyte
(3) Secondary spermatocyte to round spermatid
(4) Round spermatid to elongated spermatid
42. Which of the following is true regarding Gastrulation?
(1) Establishes all the three germ layer
(2) Occurs at the candle end of the embryo prior to its cephalic end
(3) Involves the hypoblastic cells of inner cell mass
(4) Usually occurs at 4th week
43. Surface ectoderm gives rise to all of the following structures, except :
(1) Anterior layer of Iris
(3) Corneal epithelium
(4) Conjunctival epithelium
44. Unequal division of the conus cordis resulting from anterior displacement of the conotruncal septum gives rise to
(1) Persistent truncus arteriosus
(2) Tetrology of fallot
(3) Transposition of great vessels
(4) None of these
45. Reichert’s cartilage give rise to all, except :
(2) Lesser corner of hyoid
(3) Greater corner of hyoid
(4) Stylohyoid ligament