Endocrinology Questions and Answers
Endocrinology Questions and Answers paper for the written examination is given below. Candidates who are looking for Endocrinology exam Questions and Answers paper can find in this section. The applied candidates who are getting prepared for the Endocrinology can view this page for the Endocrinology Last Ten Years Questions and Answers Papers.
Download the Endocrinology Questions and Answers & Solutions & make it as a reference for your exam preparation. Take advantage of these Endocrinology Questions and Answers Papers in a proper manner to get qualifying Marks. Last 5 years Endocrinology Questions and Answers Papers provided here. Candidates who are applied for the above exam can check and download the Endocrinology Questions and Answers Papers from here.
Questions and Answers on Endocrinology
1. Hypothyroidism while affecting skeletal system can cause all EXCEPT :-
(1) decrease of trabecular bone turn over
(2) Increase of cortical thickness
(3) Decrease of fracture risk
(4) Bone mass is reduced
2. Medullary thyroid carcinoma can be associated with all EXCEPT :-
(1) Marfanoid habitus & tall stature
(3) Intestinal ganglioneuromatosis
(4) Parathyroid Neoplasia
3. Most characteristic alteration of islets of Langerhans in type 2 diabetes is :-
(1) Deposition of Amyloid
(2) Absence of Epsilon cells
(3) B-Lymphocyte infiltration
(4) Macrophage infiltration
4. Bronze diabetes develops because of deposition in pancreas :-
5. Insulin Gene is located on short arm of :-
(1) Chromosome 11.
(2) Chromosome 17.
(3) Chromosome 16.
(4) Chromosome 6.
6. Latent autoimmune diabetes in adults is characterised by all EXCEPT :-
(1) Age >35 years
(2) Can require insulin in beginning of diabetes
(3) GAD or some other antibody must be positive
(4) Have lower C-peptide than type 2 diabetes
7. Mutation resulting in genetic defect of β-cell function is all EXCEPT :-
(2) Mitochondrial DNA
(3) Rabson Mardenhall syndrome
8. Adiponectin levels are found to be reduced in :-
(2) Weight loss
(3) Treatment with Thiazolidinediones
(4) Treatment with olsistat
9. All are B cell secretory characteristic in type 2 diabetes, EXCEPT :-
(1) Inadequate first phase insulin secretion
(2) Loss of pulsatity (pulsatility) in insulin secretion
(3) Excessive secretion of amyloid polypeptide
(4) Normal ratio of proinsulin to insulin secretion
10. Following changes are seen in beta cells during evolution of type 2 diabetes, EXCEPT :-
(1) Increased gene expression of LDH
(2) Increased gene expression of Pyruvate
(3) Decreased gene expression of GLUT-2
(4) Decreased gene expression of Glucokinase
11. Pre-receptor impairment in insulin action is seen in :-
(1) Type A Syndrome
(2) Type B Syndrome
(3) Antibodies to Insulin
12. All of following adipokines are active in energy balance & glucose homcostasis EXCEPT :-
13. Adiponectin causes all EXCEPT :-
(1) Increased insulin sensitivity
(2) Overexpression protects against atherosclerosis
(3) Anti-inflammatory effect
(4) Promotes transformation of monocytes to macrophages
14. Leptin causes all EXCEPT :-
(1) Stimulates Lipolysis
(2) Decrease glucose metabolism
(3) Stimulates fatty acid oxidation
(4) Inhibit lipogenesis
15. Sleep disturbances can cause diabetes because of all EXCEPT :-
(1) Increased cortisol
(2) Increased Leptin
(3) Decreased IL-6 levels
(4) Increased Proinsulin formation
16. What is not true about GAD 65 antibodies ?
(1) Increased in patients with type I.
(2) Higher in males than females in type I.
(3) GAD 65 Ab associated with lower rate of disease progression.
(4) GAD 65 enzyme is present in cerebellum & testis also.
17. All are true about ICA 512 antibodies | EXCEPT :-
(1) Leads to development of obesity.
(2) Are associated with younger age at onset.
(3) If present in prediabetes, leads to rapid progression of type diabetes.
(4) More associated with type 2 fats positive for DR4-DQ8.
18. What is life time risk to type 1 diabetes in a HLA Identical Sibling ?
19. Peripheral Neuropathy can be observed in type 2 diabetes :-
(1) At the time of diagnosis
(2) Only after 5 years of diabetes
(3) Only after 3 years of diabetes
(4) Only after 7 years of diabetes
20. All are characteristics of Fibrocalcific Pancreatic diabetes EXCEPT :-
(2) Dietary toxins
(3) No Risk of Pancreatic cancer
(4) Rapid evolution of disease
|MCQs||Questions and Answers|
21. Insulin with longest duration of action is-
(1) Insulin glulisine
(2) Insulin Degludec
(3) Insulin Determir
(4) Insulin Glargine
22. Following all can affect HbAIC EXCEPT :-
(3) Renal failure
23. Which of the following is necessary for secretion of chylomicrons from intestinal cells ?
24. Which of the following activates Lipoprotein lipase in skeletal muscle & adipose tissue ?
(1) Apoprotein C-II
(2) Apoprotein C-III
(3) HDL Cholesterol
(4) Apolipoprotein B-48
25. Most frequent form of quantitative dyslipemia in diabetes is :-
(1) Low HDL
(2) High HDL
(3) Increased triglycerides
(4) High LP(a)
26. Which of the following lipid metabolism changes is not seen in diabetes ?
(1) Increased proportion of LDL-3 particles.
(2) Increased concentration of LP(a).
(3) HDL is associated with selective reduction of Apo Aj.
(4) Diabetics have greater glycation of LDL particles.
27. Dyslipidemia can be caused by all, EXCEPT :-
(2) Nephrotic Syndrome
(4) Irritable bowel syndrome
28. Fibrates can cause all EXCEPT :-
(1) Increase fatty acid oxidation
(2) Increase LPL
(3) Decreased cholesterol synthesis
(4) Increase triglyceride hydrolysis
29. Average deficit of K+ (potassium) in DKA is :-
(1) 7-10 m eq/kg
(2) 3-5 m eq/kg
(3) 0-1 m eq/kg
(4) 12-15 m eq/kg
30. Which is not an essential component of hyperglycemic hyperosmolar coma ?
(1) B-Sugar > 700 mg/dL
(2) pH less than 7.2
(3) S. Bicarbonates more than 15 med/L.
(4) S. Ketones negative in 1 : 4 dilution
31. All of following are involved in development of microvascular complication in diabetics EXCEPT :-
(2) Fibroblast growth factor
(4) Neuroblastic tumor factor
32. All can lead to microvascular complications of diabetes EXCEPT :-
(1) Increased polyol pathway
(2) Increased hexosamine pathway
(3) Decreased Lipase activity
(4) Activation of PKC isoform
33. POMC (Pro-opiomelanocortin) a precursor of ACTH synthesized within anterior pituitary, also transcribed in following tissues EXCEPT :-
34. Which of the following is true about ACTH secretion :-
(1) Average ACTH pulse frequency is higher in normal adult woman than men.
(2) Circadian rhythm is independent of both day-night and sleep-wake patterns.
(3) ACTH secretion is in a pulsatile manner with circadian rhythm level highest on awakening and decline throughout the day.
(4) Food ingestion inhibit ACTH secretion.
35. Which of the following is true for adrenal specific markers in a patient with 21 a hydroxylase deficiency CAH ?
(1) 11-β Hydroxy androstenedione
(2) 11 Ketotestosterone
(3) 11 β Hydroxytestosterone
(4) All of the above
36. Which of the following is true about action of Glucocorticoids ?
(1) Decreases Growth hormone
(2) Decreases weight
(3) Decreases Gluconeogenesis
(4) Increases TSH release
37. Which of the following can be the cause of Pseudo-Cushing ?
(4) All of above
38. Which of the following drugs are being used in medical management of Cushing’s syndrome EXCEPT :-
39. Trial of triple A syndrome/Allgrove syndrome include all EXCEPT :-
(1) ACTH resistance
40. A 50 yr old female was incidentally detected to have a 2 cm mass in left adrenal gland. Which of the following can be most common cause ?
(1) Adrenocortical CA
(2) Adrenal metastases
(3) Adrenocortical Adenoma
(4) Adrenal Hamartoma
41. Following are true about MEN 2A syndrome EXCEPT :-
(1) Autosomal dominant mode of Inheritance
(2) Medullary thyroid cancer
(3) Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
(4) Prevalence is 1 in 2,00,000 live births
42. Genetic testing should be considered in patients with following EXCEPT :-
(1) Family history of pheochromocytoma
(3) Bilateral adrenal pheochromocytoma
(4) Unilateral pheochromocytoma above 45 years of age
43. A 16 year old female presented with sudden onset headache, palpitations, flushing and chest tightness. On examination her BP was 190/130 with tall stature, joint laxity and mucosal neuromas. Which of the following gene mutation may be associated with her clinical profile ?
(2) RET Proto-oncogene
(4) VHL tumor suppressor gene
44. Which of the following is not a feature of 21 α Hydroxylase deficiency in a newborn baby with ambiguous genitalia ?
(2) Raised plasma 17 α Hydroxyprogesterone level
45. Which of the following is true for adrenal dependent causes of hypertension ?
(1) 11 β hydroxylase deficiency
(2) 17 α hydroxylase deficiency
(3) Cushing’s syndrome
(4) All of the above