In this Article, we have provided the TRB Zoology Question Papers along with Solutions. So, the interested candidates who applied for jobs in TRB Zoology can download TRB Zoology Question Papers for free of cost. Get all the TRB Zoology Question Papers with just one click. Click on the enclosed links below to download the TRB Zoology Question Papers.
Check the Last five years TRB Zoology Question Papers to get a clear idea of the exam pattern. Along with TRB Zoology Question Papers, it’s better to refer TRB Zoology Syllabus & Exam Pattern before starting preparation. So, click on link to check and download TRB Zoology Question Papers PDF.
Question Papers of TRB Zoology
1. In hybridoma, the fusion of cells is between
(1) myeloma cell and erythrocyte
(2) myeloma cell and lymphocyte
(3) lymphocyte and erythrocyte
(4) myeloma cell and myeloma cell
2. Which scientist obtained interferon through recombinant DNA technology ?
(1) Charles Weismann
3. GM — Brinjal in India has been developed for resistance against
4. Which among the following are secondary lymphoid organs tissues ?
B. Bone marrow
E. Bursa of Fabricus in birds
(1) A, B and E
(2) C and D
(3) C, D and E
(4) A, B and C
5. Which among the given substance confers a high negative charge on the surface of erythrocytes ?
(1) Alkaline phosphatase
(3) Sialic acid
6. Which of the following antibody is the first antibodies produced in humoral immune response ?
7. What is_ not synthesized from cholesterol?
(3) Bile acid
8. Amphids present on ventro-lateral lips of Ascaris
(1) secretes protein digesting enzyme.
(2) secretes saliva.
(3) are chemoreceptors.
(4) are photoreceptors.
9. Term used for those organisms which breed only once in their life time :
10. In vertebrates ceruminous glands of external ear canals are modified :
(1) sweat glands
(2) sebaceous glands
(3) mucous glands
(4) parotid glands
11. Hepatic portal system of one of the following is the precursor of that of the higher chordates
12. Which of these snakes possess solenoglyphous type of fangs ?
(4) Coral Sanke
13. The Ambiens in bird are
(1) Flight muscles
(2) Flexor muscles
(3) Extensor muscles
(4) Pectoral muscles
14. What is the SI unit of enzyme activity ?
15. Which of the following enzyme is not used in the synthesis of triacylglycerol?
(1) Glyerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase
(2) Acylglycero phosphate acyltransferase
(3) Phosphatidic acid phosphohydrolase
(4) Glycogen phosphorylase
16. In Scypha, spongocoel is lined by which of the given cells ?
17. Albinism is a congenital disorder due to absence of an enzyme called
(4) xanthine oxidase
18. In which of the following spiral cleavage is found ?
19. Blastula without blastocoel is known as
20. The species confined to a particular region and not found elsewhere is termed as
21. Which one of the following is non-renewable exhaustible natural resource ?
(2) Solar radiation
22. Edward’s syndrome, Patau’s syndrome are due to
(1) Mutation due to malnutrition
(2) change in sex chromosomes
(3) change in autosomes
(4) change in both autosomes and sex chromosomes
23. Which among the following scientists deciphered communication mechanism in honey bees ?
(1) Enrico Alleva
(2) Karl Von Frisch
(3) Lazzro Spallanzani
(4) Marten Ducane
24. Metagenesis refers to
(1) Drastic cellular growth during embryonic development.
(2) Alternation of generation between asexual and sexual phases of an organism.
(3) Formation of segmented body.
(4) Presence of different morphic forms.
25. Vane, hamuli and quill are parts of
(1) typical feather
(2) bones of birds
(3) poison apparatus of snakes
(4) internal ear of scoliodon
26. The eggs of Anguilla, hatch into small, transparent, pelagic larva called as
27. Human Leucocyte Antizen (HLA) complex is present on the
(1) the arm of 20th chromosome
(2) the short arm of 6th chromosome
(3) the arm of X chromosome
(4) the arm of Y chromosome
28. Which one of the following undergoes spermiogenesis ?
(1) Primary spermatocyte
(4) Secondary spermatocyte
29. The sequence of differentiation pattern of limb skeleton in frog is
(1) Autopodium —> Stylopodium —> Zeugopodium
(2) Stylopodium —> Zeugopodium —> Autopodium
(3) Zeugopodium —> Stylopodium —> Autopodium
(4) Autopodium —> Zeugopodium —> Stylopodium
30. Wyandotte, new Hampshire, Plymouth Rock and Ghagus are the varieties of :
(1) Fowl used for poultry
(2) Fishes used in fish culture
(3) Varieties of pear] obtained from pearl culture
(4) Trees used by lac insect to grow
31. The starting substances in the synthesis of haem part of haemoglobin are :
(1) Sueccinyl CoA and amino acid glycine
(2) α-Ketoglutarate and glycine
(3) Succinyl CoA and Lysine
(4) α-Ketoglutarate and Lysine
32. Interlukin II is secreted by
(1) T lymphocytes
(2) B lymphocytes
(3) Plasma cells
33. Enzyme with 5′-3’ exonuclease activities is :
(1) DNA Polymerase — I
(2) DNA Polymerase — II
(3) DNA Polymerase — III
(4) DNA Polymerase — IV
34. Classification of organisms based on evolutionary as well as genetic relationship is called
(3) Numerical taxanomy
35. Organisms that manufacture organic compounds from simple inorganic compounds without using sunlight are called
36. Kappa particles in paramecium have :
(1) DNA and Ca++ ions
(2) RNA and Ca++ ions
(3) Ca++ ions only
(4) DNA and RNA
37. Coelom produced by splitting of mesoderm is
(4) None of these
38. Which one of the following is a shelled protozoan ?
39. Which of these is not a correct Statement about the chloragogen cell found in Annelids ?
(1) They are similar to kidney in vertebrates.
(2) They derived from inner coelomic epithelium.
(3) They store glycogen.
(4) They transport nitrogenous waste.
40. Phaosome is
(1) a photoreceptor in earthworm
(2) a pigment
(3) a cell organelle
(4) an enzyme
41. Which among the following statement(s) is/are correct about Dentalium ?
A. It is a scaphopod.
B. Gills are absent.
C. Has shell that is open at both the ends.
(1) Only Statements A and B
(2) Statements A, B and C
(3) Only Statements A and C
(4) Only Statement C
42. According to Whittaker, kingdom plantae includes all
(1) Unicellular, eukaryotic, autotrophic plants
(2) Multicellular, eukaryotic, autotrophic plants
(3) Miulticellular, eukaryotic organisms
(4) Unicellular and Miulticellular, eukaryotic, autotrophic plants
43. Chitinous exoskeleton of crustaceans and insects is made by the polymerisation of
(2) N-acetyl glucosamine
44. Ascaris is
(1) independent round worm
(2) independent flat worm
(3) parasitic flat worm
(4) parasitic round worm
45. Thermoregulatory centre in mammals is located in
(1) pons varoli
(2) floccular lobes
(4) corpus callosum
46. In which of the following animals the flow of blood through the heart changes direction periodically ?
(1) In Herdmania
(2) In Balanoglossus
(3) In Amphroxius
(4) In Petromyzon
47. Pacinian corpuscles are receptors responsible for sensitivity towards
48. Which of the following is not a ruminant ?
49. Feathers, Hair and Horns are the derivatives of
50. Epidermal scales are present in
51. Which one of the following groups of structures / organs have similar function ?
(1) Typhlosole in earthworm, intestinal villi in rat and contractile vacuole in amoeba.
(2) Antennae of cockroach, tympanum of frog and clitellum of earthworm.
(3) Nephridia in earthworm, Malpighian tubules in cockroach and urinary tubules in rat.
(4) Incisors of rat, gizzard (proventriculus) of cockroach and tube feet of starfish.
52. Which one of them shows catadromous migration ?
53. Oviducts in vertebrates is modified
(1) Urinary duct
(2) Wolffian duct
(3) Mullerian duct
(4) Inguinal canal
54. Incisors are absent in
55. In which of the following order of Reptilia quadrate bone is movable ?
56. If systematic code number of an enzyme is E.C.184.108.40.206, what does 2 indicates ?
57. A reassociated double standard DNA often has a melting point slightly less than the DNA before melting. This is due to
(1) weakness of bonds in reassociated DNA
(2) mismatching during reassociation
(3) Presence of Mg++ ions
(4) Presence of Na++ ions