In this Article, we have provided the Zoology GK Question Papers along with Solutions. So, the interested candidates who applied for jobs in Zoology GK can download Zoology General Knowledge Question Papers for free of cost. Get all the Zoology GK Question Papers with just one click.
Click on the enclosed links below to download the Zoology General Knowledge Question Papers. Check the Last five years Zoology GK Question Papers to get a clear idea of the exam pattern. Along with Zoology GK Question Papers, it’s better to refer Zoology General Knowledge Syllabus & Exam Pattern before starting preparation. So, click on link to check and download Zoology GK Question Papers PDF.
GK Question Papers of Zoology
1. Which of the following is not the correctly matched pair of structure with functions ?
1) Mitochondria : ATP production
2) Golgi body : Breakdown of complex molecules
3) Chloroplast : Photosynthesis
4) Endoplasmic reticulum : Synthesis of proteins
2. Carbohydrates are characterized by having which of the following functional groups ?
1) Carbonyl and methyl
2) Sulfhydryl and phosphate
3) Carbonyl and hydroxyl
4) Hydroxyl and amino
3. Which of the following does not act as second messenger during signalling process :
1) Diacyl Glycerol
2) Calcium Ions
3) Magnesium Ions
4) Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate
4. Electron microscope forms image by using
1) Ultra violet rays
2) Infra red rays
3) Ordinary light
4) Beam of electrons
5. Which of the following acts as connecting link between Kreb’s cycle and EMP pathway .
1) Phosphoenol pyruvate
2) Ribulose biphosphate
3) Pyruvic acid
4) Acetyl CoA
6. In “Retroviruses” the genetic material is
4) Golgi body
7. The site of origin of replication usually contains
1) A-T rich Sequences
2) G-C rich Sequences
3) Both A-T and G-C Sequences
4) No particular stretch of Sequences
8. Which of the following number of chromosomes are Acrocentric in human beings?
1) 12 , 11 and 13
2) 10 , 12 and 13
3) 13 , 14 and 15
4) 11 , 10 and 15
9. Restriction enzymes are related with
1) Synthesis of ATP
2) Synthesis of RNA
3) Synthesis of DNA
4) Breaking of DNA at certain places
10. Proteins that are to be used outside the cell , are Synthesized .
1) On ribosomes
2) In the mitochondria
3) On the rough endoplasmic reticulum
4) On the smooth endoplasmic reticulum
11. Which of the following enzyme repairs the gaps in DNA ?
12. Which of the following second messengers can stimulate a mammalian cell to become a cancer cell.
2) Cyclic AMP
13. What is the method used for establishing linear relationship between two variables ?
1) Chi-Square test
4) Regression analysis
14. Which of the following is not an antigen presenting cell ?
3) Dendritic cell
15. Hypothyroidism in childhood leads to
2) Addison’s disease
16. The correct sequence of urea formation in Ornithine cycle is :
1) Ornithine , Arginine , Citruline
2) Ornithine , Citruline , Arginine
3) Ornithine , Urinine , Arginine
4) Ornithine , Arginine , Urinine
17. The discipline that applies recombinant DNA , DNA Sequencing methods and bioinformatics to sequence , assemble and analyze the function and structure of genomes is called .
1) Gene amplification
4) Gene therapy
18. In cellular respiration , which of the following processes occur only inside mitochondria and not in the cytoplasm ?
1) Glycolysis and pentose – phosphate pathway
2) Glycolysis and citric acid cycle
3) The citric acid cycle and oxidative phosphorylation
4) Glycolysis and oxidative phosphorylation
19. In a sample of DNA , analysis of its base composition showed that the proportion of AG was not equal to TC Hence , this DNA is
1) Double Stranded DNA
2) Single Stranded DNA
3) Mutated DNA
4) DNA from a cancer cell
20. The enzyme responsible for generation of Inositol 1, 4, 5 triphosphate in cell is :
1) Protein Kinase – C
2) Phospholipase – C
3) Phospholipase – A2
21. “pH” of lysozyme is maintained by .
1) Proton pump
2) Sodium pump
3) Calcium pump
4) Chloride pump
22. Copper is associated with which of the following mitochondrial enzymes ?
1) Cytochrome oxidase
2) Succinate dehydrogenase
4) Acid phosphatase
23. Cancerous cells are destroyed by which of the following type of cells ?
2) NK cells (Natural Killer Cells)
24. Choose the correct combination of molecular markers used in PCR based DNA amplification .
1) RFLP , AFLP and SSR
2) AFLP , SSR and RAPD
3) RFLP , RAPD and SSR
4) RAPD , RFLP and SSR
25. pBR322 and pBR327 are examples of
1) Plasmid cloning vector
2) Virus vector
3) Cosmid vector
4) Endonuclease vector
26. The 80s ribosomes of eukaryotes break into which of the following sub units?
1) 50s and 30s
2) 60s and 40s
3) 40s and 40s
4) 60s and 50s
27. Which enzyme is present in the F1 particle?
28. Which of the following interaction plays a major role in stabilizing BDNA ?
1) Hydrogen bond
2) Hydrophobic interaction
3) Vander waal’s interaction
4) Ionic interaction
29. The isotope used in the treatment of Grave’s disease is .
30. In a DNA molecule , photo reactivation mechanism repairs :
1) Purine dimers
2) Purine nucleotides
3) Pyrimidine nucleotides
4) Pyrimidine dimers
31. What is the important function of cadherins ?
1) Bind axon to muscle cell
2) Calcium independent molecules
3) Recognize and bind to molecules of the same type
4) Bind cells to extracellular matrix
32. Which of the following statements regarding ‘t test’ are correct ? I. A parametric test II. A non parametric test III. A test for comparing averages IV. A test for comparing variances
1) I and IV
2) II and III
3) II and IV
4) I and III
33. A chisquare test involves a set of counts called “expected counts”. What are expected counts :
1) The actual counts that occurred in the observed data
2) The long run counts that are expected if the observed counts are representative
3) Hypothetical counts that would occur if the alternative hypothesis were true
4) Hypothetical counts that would occur if the null hypothesis were true
34. There are three girls in a room of ages four , five and six . If a five year old girl enters this room ;
1) the mean age will remain the same but the standard deviation will increase
2) the mean age will remain the same but the standard deviation will decrease
3) the mean age and standard deviation will stay the same
4) the mean age and standard deviation will increase
35. The correlation coefficient computed for two parameters measured in 200 patients is 0.85 . This means that :
1) The two parameters are directly correlated and the link is strong
2) The two parameters are directly correlated and the link is weak
3) The two parameters are inversely correlated and the link is strong
4) There are too few cases and the coefficient value cannot be trusted
36. Liquid Scintillation Spectrometry is based on
1) Property of certain molecules to absorb some of the energy of an emitted particle and release it in the form of light
2) Property of liquids to emit light
3) Measuring oscillations of molecules
4) Turning liquids into light
37. Given below is sample a portion of DNA strand giving the base sequence on the opposite strands 5′ GAATTC3′ 3’CTTAAG5′ What is so special shown in it ?
1) Palindromic sequence of base pairs
2) Replication completed
4) Start codon at the 5′ end