Medieval India History Questions and Answers
Last 5 years Medieval India History Questions and Answers Papers provided here. Candidates who are applied for the competitive exam can check and download the Medieval history of India MCQ from here. We have updated Medieval history of India topics GK Papers to present you a scheme on how to plan for the exam.
Download pdf Indian Medieval history quiz Last Year Solved Question Papers from the link provided. Therefore, if you are among the one who is searching for the Indian Medieval history quiz Old Papers, then you can check here.
Hence, go through the following sections and download the Medieval India quiz Model General Knowledge Question Papers Pdf. Interested aspirants can also check the Medieval India quiz Test Pattern.
Questions and Answers on Medieval India History
1. Shah Jahan built the Moti Masjid at
2. Select the incorrectly matched pair of philosophers and their philosophies :
(A) Sankaracharya Advaita
3. Who got constructed ‘Grand Trunk Road’ ?
(C) Shershah Suri
(D) Samudra Gupta
4. What do you mean by Mughal Zagir ?
(A) providing rent free land
(B) zamindar’s property
(C) giving officer a right to revenue
(D) giving cash salary to Mansabdar
5. Which among the following fort was known as the ‘Key of Deccan’?
6. Select the correct order–
(A) Nizamuddin Auliya, Kabir, Mirabai, Tulsidas
(B) Mirabai, Kabir, Niza-muddin Auliya, Tulsidas
(C) Kabir, Nizamuddin Auliya, Tulsidas, Mirabai
(D) Tulsidas, Mirabai, Kabir, Nizamuddin Auliya
7. In Shivaji’s Council of Ministers the Prime Minister was called
8. Muhammad-Bin-Tughlaq was proficient in
9. The battle that led to the foundation of Muslim power in India was
(A) The first battle of Tarain
(B) The second battle of Tarain
(C) The first battle of Panipat
(D) The second battle of Panipat
10. The most important Sufi shrine in India is at
11. Which of the following is associated with Sufi saints ?
12. Which of the following powers did not fight for the Tungabhadra Doab ?
(A) Pallavas and Chalukyas
(B) Cholas and later Chalukyas of Kalyana
(C) Golconda and Ahmadnagar Sultanates
(D) Vijayanagar and Bahmani kingdoms
13. Which of the following aspects is not common to both Bhakti movement and Sufi movement?
(A) Personal love for God
(B) Worship of idols
(D) Visit to holy shrines
14. Ranthambhor was
(A) a Mughal palace
(B) a Rajput fort
(C) capital of the Khaljis
(D) a Buddhist pilgrimage centre
15. ‘Lakh Baksh’ was a title given to the ruler
(D) Qutub-ud-din Aibak
16. Who is considered as the greatest of all the Vijayanagar rulers?
(A) Krishnadeva Raya
(B) Vira Narasimha
(C) Sadasiva Raya
(D) Rama Raya
17. Mughal presence in the Red Ford ceased with the fall of
(B) Muhammad Shah
(C) Shah Alam
(D) Bahadur Shah ‘Zafar’
18. ‘Khalsa’ was founded by
(A) Guru Gobind Singh
(B) Guru Ramdas
(C) Guru Nanak
(D) Arjun Dev
19. The Delhi General who successfully advanced up to Madurai was
(A) Khizr Khan
(B) Muhammad Ghori
(C) Malik Kafur
(D) Muhammad bin Tughlaq
20. Who was the greatest Bhakti poet of Maharasthra ?
|Ancient History||Modern History|
|Medieval History||Indian History|
21. The foreign traveller who visited India during the Mughal period and who left us an expert’s description of the Peacock Throne, was
(A) Geronimo Verroneo
(B) ‘Omrah’ Danishmand Khan
(D) Austin of Bordeaux
22. The dead body of Babar by his own choice lies buried in
23. Goa was captured by the Portuguese in the year—
24. Who was the Guru of Shivaji ?
25. Amir Khusrau was a musician and
(A) Sufi saint
(B) Persian and Hindi writer, and scholar
(D) All of the above
26. A new coin called the ‘Rupia’ was issued for the first time by
(A) Ala-ud-din Khilji
(B) Mohammed Shah Tughluq
(C) Sher Shah Suri
27. The world famous ‘Peacock Throne’ was kept in which of the following Mughal buildings ?
(A) Diwan-r-Khasa-Fatehpur Sikri
(B) New Agra Fort
(C) The Rang Mahal of the Red Fort at Delhi
(D) The Diwan–i–Am of the Red Fort at Delhi
28. Which was the birth place of Guru Nanak ?
29. The famous Kohinoor diamond was produced from one of the mines in
(B) Chhota Nagpur
30. Which of the following was not ordered by Alauddin Khalji to control black-marketing and hoarding ?
(A) Land revenue should be collected in kind
(B) Cultivators should sell the harvested crops on the field only
(C) Merchants should sell all commodities in the open
(D) More privileges should be given to Khuts and Muqaddams
31. The medieval city of Vijayanagar is now known as
32. Which one of the following Mughal buildings is said to possess the unique feature of building exactly equal in length and breadth?
(A) Agra Fort
(B) Red Fort
(C) Taj Mahal
(D) Buland Darwaza
33. Who of the following was sent as an ambassador to the royal court of Jahangir by James 1, the then king of England?
(A) John Hawkins
(B) William Todd
(C) Sir Thomas Roe
(D) Sir Walter Raleigh
34. The Khilji Sultans of Delhi were
(D) A Jat tribe
35. The rulers of Vijayanagar promoted
(A) Hindi, Marathi and Sanskrit
(B) Malayalam, Tamil and Sanskrit
(C) Tamil, Telugu and Sanskrit
(D) Telugu, Urdu and Sanskrit
36. The original name of Tansen, the most famous musician at the court of Akbar was
(A) Lal Kalwant
(B) Banda Bahadur
(C) Ramatanu Pande
(D) Markandey Pande
37. The Qutub Minar was completed by the famous ruler
(A) Qutub-ud-din Aibak
(C) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
(D) Alauddin Khilji
38. Which of the following are incorrectly paired ?
(A) Krishnadeva Raya— Amukta Malyada
(B) Harshavardhana— Nagananda
(C) Kalidasa — Ritusamhara
(D) Visakhadatta— Kiratarjuniyam
39. Ibn Batuta visited India during the reign of
(B) Ala-ud-din Khalji
(C) Muhammad bin Tughluq
40. Which of the undermentioned facts about Taj Mahal in not correct?
(A) It is a magnificent mausoleum
(B) It was built by Shah Jahan
(C) It is situated outside Agra Fort
(D) The names of artisans who built it are engraved on it?
41. Where did Babar die?
42. Who wrote Akbarnama ?
(C) Abul Fazal
(D) Bhagavan Das
43. The Lodi dynasty was founded by
(A) Ibrahim Lodi
(B) Sikandar Lodi
(C) Bahlol Lodi
(D) Khizr Khan
44. Who among the following was an illiterate?
(B) Shah Jahan
45. The first Indian Hindi Scholar of the Mughal period was
(A) Malik Muhammed Jayasi
(B) Abdur Rahim
(C) Mulla Wajhi
(D) Chand Bardai
46. The Upanishads were translated by Dara Shikoh in Persian under the title of
(D) Kitabul Bayan
47. After the death of Rajaram in 1700 A.D., Marathas continued the war against the Mughals under his brave wife
48. Which Sikh Guru called himself the ‘Sachcha Badshah’?
(A) Guru Gobind Singh
(B) Guru Hargovind
(C) Guru Tegh Bahadur
(D) Guru Arjan Dev
49. Coronation of Shivaji took place in
(A) 1627 A.D.
(B) 1674 A.D.
(C) 1680 A.D.
(D) 1670 A.D.
50. Identify the European power from whom Shivaji obtained cannons and ammunition :
(A) The French
(B) The Portuguese
(C) The Dutch
(D) The English