WBCS History MCQ Previous Papers are available in our web page. However, to help the aspirants in getting their dream jobs we have given the direct download link for the West Bengal Civil Service History Previous Year Question Paper MCQs Pdf in the section below.
We advise the applicants who are in search of WBCS History MCQ Question Paper to refer the syllabus and exam pattern details. Here is the WBCS History Exam Pattern details. WBCS History Question Paper with Answers MCQ are given in the section following. Practice more and score good marks in the West Bengal Civil Service History examination.
WBCS History MCQ Questions and Answers
1. The Vakataka queen Prabhavatigupta was the daughter of the Gupta king …………….. .
2. Which among the following Chola kings had constructed Brihadeshvara Temple at Tanjavur ?
3. During fifth century CE, which among the following Chinese traveller visited India ?
4. The Kalyani Chalukyan king Someshvara III wrote an encyclopaedic work titled ………………. .
5. Hemadri, the prime minister of Yadavas, wrote :
6. The third expedition to Devagiri during the Khilji period was carried out by :
(A) Alauddin Khilji
(B) Jalaluddin Khilji
(C) Malik Kafur
(D) Mubarak Shah Khilji
7. Along with squarish shaped mausoleums, rulers of Delhi Sultanate constructed …………….. shaped mausoleums on big scale.
8. The ruler, who introduced Sijda, Paibos and Navroz to the Delhi Sultanate was :
(A) Qutub-ud-din Aibak
(D) Bahram Shah
9. Which one of the following was the reason for the great rebellion in Doab against Muhamned Tughlaq ?
(A) Transfer of Capital from Delhi
(B) Issue of token currency
(C) Increase in rural taxation
(D) Attack on Khurasan
10. The first loot of Surat by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaja was carried in the year ………………. .
(A) 1645 CE
(B) 1646 CE
(C) 1664 CE
(D) 1666 CE
11. During which period ‘Maratha Confederacy’ came into an existence ?
(A) Shivaji’s Period
(B) Pre-Shivaji Period
(C) Peshwa Period
(D) British Period
12. What provided the immediate pretext for the second Anglo-Mysore war ?
(A) British capture of Mahe
(B) Hyder Ali’s alliane with the Marathas and the Nizam
(C) Hyder’s attack an Travancore
(D) British alliance with the Marathas and the Nizam
13. Raghuji Bhosle II of Nagpur ceded to the company the province of Cuttack by the ………………….. .
(A) Treaty of Deogaon
(B) Treaty of Surji-Anjangaon
(C) Treaty of Poona
(D) Treaty of Mandsor
14. Who was made the ruler of Satara, formed out of the Peshwa’s dominions after the third Anglo-Maratha war ?
(A) Pratap Singh
(B) Chait Singh
(C) Appa Saheb
(D) Raghuji Bhosle II
15. Nizam-ul-Mulk established the independent state of ……………… .
16. Who planted the Tree of Liberty at Srirangapatnam ?
(A) Hyder Ali
(B) Chikka Krishnaraj
(C) Tipu Sultan
17. Which one of the following is correctly matched ?
(A) Ram Narayan — General of Siraj-ud-daula
(B) Mir Madan — An Intermediary
(C) Rai Dulab — Governor of Bihar
(D) Jagat Seth — A famous banker of Bengal
18. The Pitts’ India Act of 1784 sought to ………………. .
(A) Introduce some parliamentary control over the English East India Company
(B) Reduce the armed forces of the East India Company
(C) Curtail the company’s trading rights
(D) Convert the company into a business firm without any political authority
19. Which one of the following Acts abolished the monopoly of tea trade and trade with China by the East India Company ?
(A) Regulating Act of 1773
(B) Pitts India Act of 1784
(C) Charter Act of 1813
(D) Charter Act of 1833
20. Which Nawab of Bengal transferred the capital from Dacca to Murshidabad ?
(A) Mir. Kasim
(C) Murshid Quli Khan
(D) Mir Jafar
21. The name of Ram Prasad Bismil is associated with ……………. .
(A) Kanpur Conspiracy Case
(B) Alipore Conspiracy Case
(C) Kakori Conspiracy Case
(D) Meerut Conspiracy Case
22. In which Jail (Prison) Jawaharlal Nehru wrote a book entitled Discovery of India ?
(A) Poona Jail
(B) Ahmadnagar Jail
(C) Aurther Jail
(D) Patna Jail
23. Who wrote ‘My Memories of I.N.A and its Netaji’ ?
(A) Rashbihari Bose
(B) Shahnawaz Khan
(C) Capt. Amrik Singh
(D) Major Suraj Mull
24. Who was the author of ‘Notes on Infant Marriage and Enforced Widowhood’ published and circulated in 1884 ?
(A) T. Madhav Rao
(B) M.G. Ranade
(C) Behramji M. Malabari
(D) Bipin Chandra Pal
25. Where was Arya Samaj founded by Swami Dayandand in 1875 ?
26. Who is the author of the seminal work—Tuhafat-ul-Muwahidin.
(A) Radhakant Deb
(B) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(C) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
(D) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
27. In which year the Indian Social Conference came into being ?
28. Who was the Defence Minister of India at the time of India-China war ?
(A) P.N. Thapar
(B) B.M. Kaul
(C) V.K. Krishna Menon
(D) Babu Jagjiwan Ram
29. ‘Operation Vijay’ was related to …………………. .
(A) India-China Conflict
(B) India-Pakistan Conflict
(C) Annexation of Goa
(D) To overcome food problem
30. Black Death was an epidemic of Plague that killed millions of people in Europe in the ………………. century.
31. Apartheid is related to …………….. .
(A) Gender discrimination
(B) Rural-Urban discrimination
(C) Racial discrimination
(D) Religious discrimination
32. During the cold war, which was the first test of strength between USA and USSR ?
(A) The Korean Issue
(B) Berlin Blockade
(C) Polish Crisis
(D) Cuban Missile Crisis
33. Which British social historian wrote : The Making of the English Working Class ?
(A) Asa Briggs
(B) Eric Hobsbawm
(C) C.A. Bayly
(D) E.P. Thompson
34. Who among the following was not an orientalist ?
(A) H.T.E. Colebrooke
(B) James Fergusson
(C) Sir Richard Temple
(D) Sir Edwin Arnold
35. Which of the following historians has not practised the cultural history of the pastoral nomads of Maharashtra ?
(A) D.D. Kosambi
(B) Gunther Sontheimer
(C) Romila Thapar
(D) Ann Feldhaus
36. Which among the following ancient sites is not representing the Harappan culture ?
37. Punchmarked coins were prevalent during :
(A) Late Medieval Period
(B) Medieval Period
(C) Harappan Period
(D) Early Historic Period
38. Which among the following items of merchandise was imported to India from Rome ?
39. Which among the following terms was used for caravan traders according to the Jataka tells ?
40. Who wrote ‘Ashtang Hridya’ ?
41. Which of the following is not a ganarajya according to Buddhist Canonical texts ?
42. Which among the following Mauryan rulers is mentioned in the Rajatarangini of Kalhana ?
43. Ayodhya inscription of Dhandeva is associated with the history of ……….. dynasty ?
(D) Western Kshatrapa
44. The king Milinda of the Buddhist text Milind Panho has been identified with the Indo-Greek king ……………
(A) Eucratides I
(B) Demetrius I
(D) Apollodotus I
45. According to A.S. Altekar, the king Chandra mentioned in the Meharauli Pillar inscription can be identified with ………..
(A) Gupta King Chandragupta II
(B) Kushan King Kanishka I
(C) Mauryan King Chandragupta
(D) Gupta King Chandragupta I
46. Which among the following Chola kings had sent an envoy to China ?
(B) Rajendra I
47. Which among the following is not an evidence to reconstruct between the Satvahanas and the Western Kshatrapas ?
(A) Jogalthembi coin hoard
(B) Nashik cave inscription of Vasishthiputra Pulumavi
(C) Hathigumpha inscription of Kharavela
(D) Coins of Gautamiputra Satakarni
48. According to the Hathigumpha inscription, Kharavela was the king of ………… region.
49. The daughter of Gupta king Chandragupta II, Prabhavatigupta got married to ………….
(A) Rudrasena I
(C) Rudrasena II
50. Which of the following inscriptions throws light on the historicity of Gupta king Ramagupta ?
(A) Durjanpur Inscriptions
(B) Allahabad Pillar Inscription
(C) Meharauli Pillar Inscription
(D) Bhitari Pillar Inscription