You’ve probably searching Indus Valley Civilization Questions and Answers Paper released on the web, right. If you’re interested in downloading the Indus Valley Quiz Sample Papers Pdf, you can get it here.
In addition to this, you can get one more special thing MCQ Objective Harappan Civilisations Indus Valley Quiz Papers with Solutions. So, don’t waste your valuable time and download the Indus Valley Quiz to grab the questions.
Furthermore, you can also know MCQ on Indus Valley Civilization some other details. And, if you scroll down, you can get the subject wise UPSC Questions On Indus Valley Civilization of Harappa Pdf.
The individuals can able to solve the Indus Valley Civilization Questions and Answers only after complete preparation of the syllabus. Hence, finish the syllabus first and then start solving Indus Valley Quiz Model Question Papers.
The applicants can directly download Questions On Harappan Civilization from the enclosed links given below. Hence, make use of the Indus Valley Civilization Questions and Answers Sample Papers only for testing how much you can score in the examination.
Indus Valley Civilization Questions and Answers Objective MCQs
1. Harappa is situated on the bank of the river :
2. Coins made of metal first appeared in
A. Harappan Civilisation
B. Later Vedic Age
C. Age of the Buddha
D. Age of the Mauryas
3. The earliest city discovered in India was
C. Mohenjo Daro
4. Which among the following has not been found in the excavation of Harappan sites?
A. Drains and well
D. Temple with Shikhar
5. The Harappan Civilisation was discovered in the year :
6. Which was the only Indus site with an artificial brick dockyard?
D. Mohenjo Daro
7. Which was the only Indus city without a citadel?
8. Who among the following archeologists was the first to identify similarities between a pre-Harappan culture and the mature Harappan culture?
A. Amalananda Ghosh
B. Rakhaldas Banerjee
C. Daya Ram Sahni
D. Sir John Marshall
9. Off the following scholars, who was the first to discover the traces of the Harappan Civilisation?
A. Sir John Marshall
B. R. D. Baneji
C. A. Cunningham
D. Daya Ram Sahani
10. The Indus people knew the use of Weights and Measures, which is proved by the discovery of the seal at—
11. Who among the following is associated with the study of the Harappan Civilisation?
A. Charles Mason
C. M. Wheeler
D. M.S. Vats
12. The Harappans were the earliest people to produce
B. Bronze implements
13. The Ajanta pantings belong to the
A. Harappan period
B. Mauryan period
C. Buddhist period
D. Gupta period
14. Which among the following is not the characteristic feature of the Harappan settlement?
A. Doorways and windows generally faced the side lanes and rarely opened onto the main streets.
B. Houses generally had separate bathing areas and toilets
C. The citadel was walled but the lower town was not walled
D. Drains and water chutes from the second storey were often built inside the wall.
15. The Harappans were
16. Which of the following materials was mainly used in the manufacture of Harappan seals?
17. The Great Bath of Indus Valley Civilization is found at;
18. One of the following Indus Valley sites is in Pakistan :
19. Which of the following Harappan sites had a dockyard?
20. Out of the following remains excavated in Indus Valley, which one indicates the commercial and economic development?
A. The Pottery
C. The boats
D. The houses
21. Which of the following domesticated animals was absent in the terracottas of the Indus civilisation?
22. Which was the only Indus city without a citadel?
23. The people of the Indus Valley Civilization usually built their houses of
A. Pucca bricks
D. All of the above
24. Worship of Mother Goddess was associated with
A. Aryan Civilization
B. Mediterranean Civilization
C. Indus Valley Civilization
D. Later Vedic Civilization
25. The striking feature of the Indus Valley Civilization was
A. Urban Civilization
B. Agrarian Civilization
C. Mesolithic Civilization
D. Paleolithic Civilization
26. The Indus people knew the use of Weights and Measures, which is proved by the discovery of the seal at—
27. The script of the Indus Valley Civilization is
28. Lothal, the dockyard site of the Indus Valley Civilization, is situated in
29. Name the oldest Indian civilization.
A. Indus Valley civilization
B. Mesopotamian civization
C. Egyptian civilization
D. None of these
30. The people of the Indus valley civilisation worshipped
31. Which one of the following animals was not represented on the seals and terracotta art of the Harappan culture?
32. The site of Harappa is located on the bank of river
33. Which one among the following Indus cities was known for water management?
34. At which of the following sites the first evidence of the cultivation of cotton has been found?
35. Which one among the following statement regarding Jorwe Culture is not correct?
A. Pravara-Godavari Valley was the nuclears zone of Jorwe Culture
B. The main sites of Jorwe Culture are Daimabad, Inamgaon, Jorwe and Nevasa
C. At Daimabad one gets archaeological evidence of symbolic burial
D. Practically all Jorwe settlements in the Northern Deccan were suddenly deserted