Important Questions on General Awareness for all Competitive Exam
Interested users can download the Important Questions on General Awareness from the links enclosed below. Download the Last 5 Years Important Questions on General Awareness Solved along with the Answers of each question.
This Important Questions on General Awareness may vary from the Actual paper. Use the Important Questions on General Awareness as a reference for the exam preparation. Check the Important Questions on General Awareness from this page.
At the bottom of this page, you will find ‘Click here links’ for downloading the Important Questions on General Awareness. Click on the required link & download your related Important Questions on General Awareness to make as a reference for your scheduled preparation.
General Knowledge Important Questions
1. When do we observe National Consumers’ Day?
(a) December 28
(b) December 24
(c) December 31
2. Who is the only Indian recipient of an Oscar Award for lifetime achievement?
(a) Dev Anand
(b) Satyajit Ray
(c) Dada Saheb Phalke
(d) Govind Nilhani
3. The smallest day in the world is
(a) 22 November
(b) 22 December
(c) 23 January
(d) 21 December
4. Which is the largest continent in the World?
(b) South America
(d) North America
5. Oral Rehydration Therapy is associated with the treatment of
6. Who can remove the President of India from his office?
(a) Chief justice of India
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Lok Shahha
7. Which of the following city is not situated on the hank of river Yamuna?
8. Who invented the super Computer?
(a) J.H. Van Tassel
(c) Hairy Brearley
(d) Thomas Newcomen
9. Which of the following is the abbreviated name associated with food security?
10. Which of the following is an economic term?
(b) Bunker Blaster
11. Which of the following is the trophy/ cup associated with the game of cricket?
(b) Merdeka Cup
(c) Santosh Trophy
(d) Duleep Trophy
12. Which of the following book has been written by Kamala Das?
(a) Witness the Night
(b) The Red Devil
(c) Earth and Ashes
(d) Tonight This Savage Right
13. Which state has smallest land area?
14. The custom of having many wives is known as?
15. Who is the legal advisor to the government of a state in India?
(a) The Solicitor General
(b) The state chief legal officer
(c) The High Court
(d) The Advocate General
16. Who was the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India?
(a) Justice Altamas Kabir
(b) Justice H. J. Kania
(c) Justice M. C. Mahajan
(d) Justice P. Sathasivam
17. With which state is the Katliakali dance associated?
18. Which of the following countries is not in Europe?
19. Which of the following is the leading producer of rice?
20. Which country has the lengthiest constitution?
21. Pankaj Adwani is related to which game?
22. Which Mughal Ruler was a known Shayar (Urdu poet)?
(a) Bahadur Shah Jafar
23. Which one of the following Books is written by Vikram Seth?
(a) The Kite Runner
(b) The White Tiger
(c) A Suitable Boy
24. Which term is NOT associated with the sport-Cricket?
(c) Third man
25. Which City has the Mono-Rail transport facility?
More Question Set on General Studies
|Model Question||Old Question|
|Sample Papers||Mock Test|
|Practice Set||Question Bank|
|Important Questions||Test Papers|
|Typical Questions||Selected Questions|
26. “Earth Hour Day”, an energy saving initiative, is celebrated on…………
(a) January 2
(b) March 8
(c) April 1
(d) March 29
27. The Chemical name of ordinary Table Salt is –
(a) Sodium Bi- Carbonate
(b) Sodium Chloride
(c) Potassium Chloride
(d) Potassium Bi- Carbonate
28. The first Nuclear Powered Submarine of India is
(a) INS Trishul
(b) INS Arihant
(c) INS Virat
(d) INS Shatrunashak
29. In an ordinary year, which three months begin on the same day of the week?
(a) January, May, October
(b) March, July, December
(c) February, March, November
30. The first Indian to travel in space was:
(a) Rakesh Shanna
(b) Vipin Malhotra
(c) Kalpana Chawala
(d) Michael Phelpss
31. Sunita William spent ……….days in space.
32. Name the fair of Rajasthan that is famous for its camel trading event
(a) Maru mela
(b) Pushkar Mela
(c) Suraj Kund Mela
(d) Sonepur Mela
33. The famour Akshrdham temple is situated in the city of –
34. Which of the following pairings are incorrect?
(a) Muammar Gaddafi-Syria
(b) Fidel Castro-Cuba
(c) Pol Pot-Cambodia
(d) Hosni Mubarak-Egypt
35. Which Gharana of classical singing did Late Pandit Bhimsen Joshi belong to?
36. In which place in India the children get more evening time to play?
37. The oldest rock system is found in –
(a) Deccan Traps
(b) Cuddapah System
(c) Dravidian System
(d) Archaen System
38. On 2nd October, 1959, “Panchayati Raj” introduced in India at which of the following places-
(a) Nagore, Rajasthan
(b) Rajmundri, Andhra Pradesh
(c) Sitamarhi, Bihar
(d) Pune, Maharashtra
39. The cause of Tuberculosis is-
40. The global warming in atmosphere is developed due to increase in which gas?
(b) Carbon di oxide
41. Snake bite firstly affects which part of body
(a) Nervous system
(c) Blood circulation
42. Insulin is secreted by-
43. A colour-blind person cannot differentiate between the colours-
(a) Yellow and green
(b) Black and Blue
(c) Red and green
(d) Blue and green
44. Under the Constitution of India, who is the guardian of fundamental Rights?
45. Which body in India does the regulation of Insurance Sector?
46. Acid rain is due to air pollution by-
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Carbon monoxide
(d) Nitous oxide and Sulphur dioxide
47. The Chinese writers mention India by the name of-
48. The earliest occurrence of the mantra famous as Gayatri Mantra is found in the following text-
(a) Bhagwad Gita
(b) Atharva Veda
(c) Rig Veda
49. The ‘Secretariat Building’ of which State is known as ‘Writer’s Building‘?
(b) West Bengal
50. ‘Swadhar’ is the scheme for-
(a) Unique indentification
(b) Self employment for males
(c) Women in difficult circumstances
(d) Common home of senior citizens.