Imperative Sentence Voice Change Exercise with Answers
Checking all the Imperative Sentence Voice Change Exercise!! Later, check the voice change Imperative sentence exercise. Imperative sentence voice change example pdf Free Download available here. Hence, candidates may download Imperative sentence voice change rules for free of cost. Aspirants can also get Imperative sentence voice change active and passive voice Question Papers. Imperative sentence voice change definition is uploaded here to help the candidates who are preparing for the English Grammar.
So, interested candidates can click on the direct links given below for downloading the Imperative sentence voice change for practice along with Solutions or Answer Keys. Download the Imperative sentence voice change formula within few seconds for free of cost. Therefore, to uplift the candidate’s preparation, we provide the Imperative sentence voice change MCQ Solved Question Papers. In this Article, we have provided the Imperative sentence voice change quiz Papers along with Solutions. Get all the Imperative sentence voice change worksheet papers with just one click.
Rules of Imperative Sentence Voice Change
- If the verb in the Active Voice express orders, requests, advice etc. the word ‘Let’ is usually placed at the beginning of the Passive Voice and the ‘be’ verb is placed before the Past Participle of the main verb.
- Another form of the Passive is with the verb ‘should’ + ‘be’ or with ‘/’ ‘Get’ only.
- But if the sentence begins with ‘Please’ in Active Voice, ‘You are requested to’ is used in the Passive Voice. An Intransitive verb may also be change into Passive with ‘you are requested to’ / ‘advised to’ etc. Such a Passive Voice of an Intransitive verb may be called an Indirect Passive.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Voice Change
Passive of Orders or Commands Examples
Passive Form: Let + Object + be + Past Participle
|Sing a song.||Let a song be sung.|
|Don’t pluck flower.||Let not flowers be plucked.|
|Bring home fruits.||Let some fruits be bought.|
|Hoist the flag.||Let the flag be hoisted.|
|Shut the door.||Let the door be shut|
‘Let’ Introducing Both Active and Passive Constructions Examples
|Let me show your trick.||Let a trick be shown to you by me.|
|Let her type the letter for me.||Let the letter be typed by her for me.|
|Let us watch a movie now.||Let a movie be watched by us now.|
|Lat me take a photograph of this landscape.||Let a photograph of this be taken by me.|
|Let’s invite all the friends.||Let’s all the friend be invited by us.|
Passive of Requests Examples
Passive Form: You are requested + Infinite + Object
|Please have a cup of tea.||You are requested to have a cup of tea.|
|Kindly don’t touch the live wire.||You are requested not to touch the live wire.|
|Pardon me.||You are requested to pardon me.|
|Take off your shoes, sir.||You are requested to take off your shoes, sir.|
|Don’t take it seriously.||You are requested not to take it seriously.|
To Express Advice Examples
Passive Form: Object + should be + Past Participle
|Keep your promises.||Your promises should be kept.|
|Keep silence in the library.||Silence should be kept in the library.|
|Maintain decorum.||Decorum should be maintained.|
|Restore good sense among us.||Good sense should be restored.|
|Help the helpless.||The helpless should be helped.|
To Express Orders Examples
Passive Form: You are told/asked + (not) + to + Verb
|Come here, guys.||you are asked to come here, guys.|
|Move off.||You are told to move off.|
|Lie down.||You are asked to lie down.|
|Sleep||You are asked to sleep.|
|Get lost from my sight.||You are asked to get lost from my sight.|
Practice Exercises with Answers on Imperative Sentence Voice Change
Directions: Change the following sentence from Active to Passive.
1. Call him.
2. Ignore it.
3. Go there.
4. Stop the car.
5. Hun fast.
6. Add a few lines.
7. Close the door.
8. Play the guitar.
9. Write a note.
10. Feed the baby, please
11. Solve the matter.
12. Paint the wall.
13. Please pass the bowl.
14. Shut down the computer.
15. Book a table for two.
16. Please accept the reality.
17. Finish your meal.
18. Comb your hair.
19. Bring the man tomorrow.
20. Order the food.
21. Give him a glass of water.
22. Put up the tent.
23. Please give me the direction to Karol Bagh.
24. Please keep your shoes outside the room.
25. Wash your clothes.
26. Change the channel.
27. Call the names.
28. Post the letter.
29. Kindly ask him if he would join us.
30. Be attentive in class.
31. Give him five rupees.
32. Kindly give him my message.
33. Clean the desk.
34. Kindly hold the call till he arrives.
35. Put off the lights.
36. Wash the dishes.
37. Please listen to him.
38. Open the window.
39. Kindly wash your feet before entering the room.
40. Let him do his duty.
41. Let him read the story.
42. Let him stay alone.
43. Ask him to write a letter.
44. Keep your promises.
45. Help the poor.
46. Give him another chance.
47. Kindly look into the matter.
48. Let him confess the truth.
49. Listen to the tune.
50. Organise a blood donation camp with everybody’s help.
1. Let he be called.
2. Let it be ignored.
3. You are ordered to go there.
4. You are ordered to stop the car.
5. You are ordered to run fast.
6. Let a few lines be added.
7. Let the door be closed.
8. Let the guitar be played.
9. You are told to write a note.
10. You are requested to feed the baby
11. Let the matter be solved.
12. Let the wall be painted.
13. You are requested to pass the bowl.
14. You are ordered to shut down the computer.
15. Let a table for two be booked.
16. You are requested to accept the reality.
17. You are asked to finish your meal.
18. Let your hair be combed.
19. Let the man be brought tomorrow.
20. Let the food be ordered.
21. Let a glass of water be given to him.
22. Let the tent be put up.
23. You are requested to give me the direction of Karol Bagh.
24. You are requested to keep your shoes outside the room.
25. Let your clothes be washed.
26. Let the channel be changed.
27. Let the names be called.
28. Let the letter be posted.
29. You are requested to ask him if he would join us.
30. You are ordered to be attentive in class.
31. You are ordered to give him five rupees.
32. You are requested to give him my message.
33. Let the desk be cleaned.
34. You are requested to hold the call till he arrives.
35. Let the lights be put off.
36. Let the dishes be washed.
37. You are requested to listen to him.
38. Let the window be opened.
39. You are requested to wash your feet before entering the room.
40. He should be allowed to do his duty.
41. Let he be to read the story.
42. He should be allowed to stay alone.
43. Let he be asked to write a letter.
44. Let your promises be kept.
45. Let the poor be helped.
46. Let he be given another chance.
47. You are requested to look into the matter.
48. Let the truth be confessed by him.
49. You are requested to listen to the tune.
50. Let a blood donation camp be organised with every body’s help.