Direct and indirect speech worksheet pdf for examination is given below. Reported speech worksheet direct download links are given in this section. Hence, download the narration change worksheet pdf below. Direct and indirect speech worksheet Pdf help the applicants in their preparation. In this Article, we have provided the narration change worksheet along with Solutions.
Worksheet on Direct and Indirect Speech
1. “Are you travelling alone, sister?” he said to Lady Lal.
2. My grandfather said, “Honesty is the best policy.”
3. Annie said, “I can’t do it now.”
4. The teacher said to the students, “Sit down.”
5. I said to my sister, “The greatest problem in our country is poverty.”
6. He said, “Where do you live?”
7. My mother said, “How happy I am.”
8. Grandmother said to Rakesh, “Don’t throw it.”
9. He said to my father, “Avoid smoking.”
10. Neela said, “Alas! I am undone.”
11. He said to the little boy, “Cow feeds on grass.”
12. Ratan said to me, “How are you?”
13. She said to the boy, “I took your pen yesterday.”
14. His mother angrily said to him, “Do you know better than your elder brother?”
15. Father said, “You should not be late in reaching the examination hall.”
16. The stranger said to me, “What is the present condition of West Bengal?”
17. “They left the town, master,” Sidda said, giving the stock reply.
18. The traveller said, “Can you tell me the way to the police station?”
19. The poet says, “A soldier, very young, lies open-mouthed.”
20. Mother said, “Do not play with fire.”
21. Mother said to me, “May God bless you.”
22. Sourav said. “My grandfather recites the Geeta every morning.”
23. The lawyer said, “Tell me the truth.”
24. Father said, “Don’t be lazy!”
25. My father told me, “Adversity always presents opportunities for introspection.”
26. The girl said, “Rose is a beautiful flower.”
27. I said to my friend, “Can you help me with some money?”
28. “Why are you weeping?” the Swallow asked the Prince.
29. Lomov: I’ll show you the documents, Natalya Stepanovna!
30. The man said, “I am busy.”
31. “Come in,” said Mr Sivasanker.
32. Mother Teresa said to them, “Smile at each other, make time for each other.”
33. Piklu said to Atin, “Have you ever been to the zoo?”
34. He said to me, “My name is Rupen Chatterjee.”
35. The boy said, “She’s Annabel Adams.”
36. They cried out, “Hurrah! we have won the match.”
37. He said, “Are you sad?”
1. Addressing Lady Lal as sister, he asked her if she was travelling alone.
2. My grandfather said that honesty is the best policy.
3. Annie said that she couldn’t do it then.
4. The teacher told the students to sit down.
5. I told my sister that the greatest problem in our country is poverty.
6. He asked where I lived.
7. My mother said that she was very happy.
8. Grandmother ordered Rakesh not to throw it.
9. He advised my father to avoid smoking.
10. Neela exclaimed in grief that she was undone.
11. He told the little boy that cow feeds on grass.
12. Ratan wanted to know from me how I was.
13. She told the boy that she had taken his pen the previous day.
14. His mother angrily asked him whether he supposed that he knew better than his elder brother.
15. Father advised me not to be late in reaching the examination hall.
16. The stranger asked me what the present condition of West Bengal was.
17. Sidda, giving the stock reply, told the master that they had left the town.
18. The traveller asked if he could tell him the way to the police station.
19. The poet says that a very young soldier lies open mouthed.
20. Mother advised not to play with fire.
21. Mother prayed that God might bless me.
22. Sourav said that his grandfather recites the Geeta every morning.
23. The lawyer urged to tell him/her the truth.
24. Father forbade to be lazy.
25. My father told me that adversity always presents opportunities for introspection.
26. The girl said that rose is a beautiful flower.
27. I asked my friend if he/she could help me with some money.
28. The Swallow enquired of the Prince why he was weeping.
29. Lomov told Natalya Stepanovna that he would show her the documents.
30. The man said that he was busy.
31. Mr Sivasanker told him to come in.
32. Mother Teresa told them to smile at each other and to make time for each other.
33. Piklu enquired of Atin whether he (Atin) had ever been to the zoo.
34. He told me that his name was Rupen Chatterjee.
35. The boy said that she was Annabel Adams.
36. They exclaimed in joy that they had won the match.
37. He asked if I was sad.
Direct and Indirect Speech Worksheets with Answers Class 5
1. The life-guard said to the bathers, “Do not go into deep waters.”
2. She said to Sidda, “Now throw the ball into the sky.”
3. Nandalal Bose said, “On grounds of utility they use tin containers in place of (elegant) earthen pitchers they can easily lay their hands on.”
4. Jimmy said, “I’m getting awfully economical.”
5. Lomov said to Natalya, “I think it was very cheap. He’s a first-rate dog.
6. Tonmay said to Dipanjan, “How clever you are!”
7. She said, “You must perform your duties.”
8. They said, “Long live Netaji.”
9. Mother said to me, “I have taken the medicine twice today.”
10. The visitor said to the minister, “Would you please look into this matter?”
11. She said to me, “Where is your sister?”
12. My brother said to me, “Will you not go to the show?”
13. The student said to the teacher, “Please explain to me, or, show me how to do this sum.”
14. Birbal said, “I can make fool of everybody.”
15. I said to Basu, “Where do you live?”
16. Atin said, “Can you come tomorrow?”
17. Nikhil said to me, “Shall I wait for you for an hour?”
18. The Tsar said, “I come to you, wise man, for an answer to my questions.”
19. He asked me, “Why have you failed?”
20. She said, “I have done the work.
21. Mother said to the boy, “Who are you calling?”
22. Rehana said, “I am happy to see you here this evening.”
23. Goutam said, “My wife is listening to the radio.
24. My parents were widely regarded as an ideal couple, he said.”
25. He said to Leela, “I think your mother is calling you.”
26. The farmer will say, “I am busy.”
27. Rajani said, “I should be more careful about my studies.
28. The teacher said to his student, “Will you listen to me?”
29. The woman said, “I was going to make cocoa out of this canned milk I got here.
30. Please don’t shout! said Chubukov to Lomov.
31. She said, “Let him eat whatever he likes.”
32. Jimmy said, “Let’s go.”
33. Arka said to the girl, “Are you going to the temple?”
34. Father said to me, “Go home at once.”
35. The police said the gang of boys, “Leave the place at once.”
36. Father said, “You must work harder for your next examination.”
37. He said to me, “Alas! I could not save you.”
38. Leela said, “Oh policemen, leave him alone. I want to play with him.”
39. He said, “We should obey our parents.”
40. Bappa said to Rimpa, “Can you give me a pen?”
41. Mr Adams said, “She’ll go into convulsions from fright.”
42. She said to me, “Oh, how lucky you are.
43. Atish said to me, “What plan do you have?”
44. She said, “Is this how I have drawn the crow?”
45. The girl said, “My brother came here long ago.”
46. The retiring teacher said to his pupils. “I bid all of you good-bye.”
47. The poet says, “The poetry of earth is ceasing never.”
48. He said, “I am feeling happy.”
49. The Headmaster said, “You ought not to conceal your ignorance from your teachers.”
50. The customs official said to the visitor, “What country are you coming from?”
1. The life-guard warned the bathers against going into deep waters.
2. Leela asked Sidda to throw the ball into the sky then.
3. Nandalal Bose said that on grounds of utility they used tin containers in place of (elegant) earthern pitchers they could easily lay their hands on.
4. Jimmy said that he was getting awfully economical.
5. Lomov told Natalya that he thought it had been very cheap and that he (Guess) was a first-rate dog.
6. Tanmoy exclaimed that Dipanjan was very clever.
7. She said that I must perform my duties.
8. They prayed that Netaji might live long.
9. Mother told me that she had taken the medicine twice that day.
10. The visitor requested the minister to look into that matter.
11. She asked me where my sister was.
12. My brother asked me if I would not go to the show.
13. The student requested the teacher to explain to him or show him how to do that sum.
14. Birbal said that he could make fool of everybody.
15. I asked Basu where he (Basu) lived.
16. Atin asked whether I could come the next day.
17. Nikhil asked me if he should wait for me for an hour.
18. Addressing the man as wise, the Tsar said that he came to him (the hermit) for an answer to his questions.
19. He asked me why I had failed.
20. She said that she had done the work.
21. Mother asked the boy who he had been calling.
22. Rehana said that she was happy to see me there that evening.
23. Goutam said that his wife was listening to the radio.
24. He said that his parents had been widely regarded as an ideal couple.
25. He told Leela that he thought her mother was calling her.
26. The farmer will say that he is busy.
27. Rajani said that she should be more careful about her studies.
28. The teacher asked his student if he would listen to him (the teacher).
29. The woman said that she had been going to make cocoa out of the canned milk she had got there.
30. Chubukov requested Lomov not to shout.
31. She said that he might (or might be allowed to) eat whatever he liked.
32. Jimmy proposed that they should go.
33. Arka asked the girl if she was going to the temple.
34. Father ordered me to go home at once.
35. The police ordered the gang of boys to leave the place at once.
36. Father said that I must work harder for the next examination.
37. He exclaimed in grief that he could not save me.
38. Leela requested the policemen to leave him alone as she wanted to play with him.
39. He said that they should obey their parents.
40. Bappa asked Rimpa if she could give him a pen.
41. Mr Adams said that she would go into convulsions from fright.
42. She exclaimed with joy that I was very lucky.
43. Atish asked me what plan did I have.
44. She asked if that was how she had drawn the crow.
45. She said that I would get it the next day.
46. The retiring teacher bade good-bye (or, farewell) to all his pupils.
47. The poet says that the poetry of earth is ceasing never.
48. He said that he was feeling happy.
49. The Headmaster told us that we should not conceal our ignorance from our teachers.
50. The customs official asked the visitor what country he was coming from.
Direct and Indirect Speech Worksheets with Answers Class 6
1. He said to me, “Will you have a cup of tea or coffee?”
2. Soumya said to me, “Argentina has lost the final match.”
3. She said, “I am old and lonely.”
4. Oh! It’s marvellous, said Jerry.
5. Jimmy said, “I never cracked a safe in my life.”
6. The Bhagvad Gita says, “Do your duty and don’t worry about the result.”
7. Leela said, “I don’t like you, mother. You are always abusing and worrying Sidda.”
8. Mother said to me, “You are looking lean.”
9. Rahul said to me, “I was reading Rabindranath’s Geetanjali then.
10. My father said, “Close the door. That beggar might enter again.”
11. The girl said, “I am getting off at Saharanpur.”
12. She said to me, “Have you left for school?”
13. Jimmy said, “I don’t know that it makes much difference, now.”
14. Nandalal Bose said, “Students should be introduced through films to selected examples of art, of this country and elsewhere, from time to time.”
15. Raju said to me, “Why do you love him so much?”
16. She said, “Do you love chocolate?”
17. Lomov said, “Excuse me, I cannot continue this discussion: my heart is palpitating.”
18. “If we stand on the roof and stretch our arms, can we touch the sky?” Leela asked.
19. The audience said to the actor, “How wonderful is your acting!”
20. Mother Teresa said to us, “You too try to bring that presence of God in your family.”
21. Sima aunty said to me, “Do you like barfi?”
22. The warden said, “Let’s see, now.”
23. The sage said to the woman, “May you have a child.”
24. The manager of the hall said to the audience, “Please, do not smoke in the auditorium.”
25. The Tsar said to him, “How can I learn to do the right thing at the right time?”
26. Haimanta said to Soumyajit, “Will you go to North Bengal with me?”
27. My father said to my sister, “Why are you watching TV now?”
28. “The provision that our universities make for this is sorely inadequate,” said Nandalal Bose.
29. Jimmy said, “I don’t understand. I’m representing the New York Amalgamated Short Snap Biscuit Cracker and Frazzled Wheat Company.”
30. Soumen said, “It might rain tonight.”
31. The farmer says, “I am busy.”
32. He said, “What a pity!”
33. Mother said to me, “Never tell a lie.”
34. Stop laughing, said the teacher.
35. They said, “Who are you and what do you want?”
36. Mona said to them, “We must not talk here.”
37. She said, “Are you going to Pune?”
38. We’ll soon be at your station, I said to the girl.
39. The old man said, “I carry in my sack all the important stuff.”
40. The tired guest said to the host, “Do not give me cold water.”
41. What is inside this box?, asked Epimetheus.
42. She said to me, “Trust me.”
43. The teacher said the student, “Have you read the book thoroughly?”
44. She said to the boy, “What is your name?”
45. The receptionist said to me, “Please sign the register.”
46. The author said to the reader, “Do you like my book?”
47. Their mother said, “Children, you must not play with knives.”
48. A gentleman said to Mother Teresa, “There is a family with eight children, they have not eaten for so long do something.”
49. The hermit said, “So the most important time was when you were digging the beds and I was the most important man, and to do me good was your most important business.”
50. “I see in the hostel rooms shirts hanging from picture frames,” says Nandalal Bose.
1. He asked me if I would have a cup of tea or coffee.
2. Soumya told me that Argentina had lost the final match.
3. She said that she was old and lonely.
4. Jerry exclaimed in joy that it was a marvellous sight.
5. Jimmy said that he had never cracked a safe in his life.
6. The Bhagvad Gita says that do your duty and don’t worry about the result.
7. Leela told her mother that she did not like her as she was always abusing and worrying Sidda.
8. Mother told me that I was looking lean.
9. Rahul told me that he (Rahul) had been reading Rabindranath’s Geetanjali then (at the time).
10. My father asked me to close the door lest that beggar should enter the room again.
11. The girl said that she was getting off at Saharanpur.
12. She asked me whether I had left for school.
13. Jimmy said that he did not know then that it made much difference.
14. Nandalal Bose said that students should have been introduced through films to selected examples of art, of that country and elsewhere, from time to time.
15. Raju asked me why I loved him so much.
16. She asked if I loved chocolate.
17. Lomov begged to be excused and said that he could not continue that discussion because his heart was palpitating.
18. Leela asked if they stood on the roof and stretched their arms whether they could touch the sky or not.
19. The audience addressed the actor and expressed their admiration (or, appreciation) for his fine performance.
20. Mother Teresa suggested that we too should try to bring that presence of God in our family.
21. Sima aunty asked me if I liked barfi.
22. The warden said that they should see then.
23. The sage wished that the woman might have a child.
24. The manager of the hall requested the audience not to smoke in the auditorium.
25. The Tsar asked him (the hermit) how he could learn to do the right thing at the right time.
26. Haimanta asked Soumyajit if he would go to North Bengal with him.
27. My father asked my sister why she was watching TV then.
28. Nandalal Bose said that the provision that our universities made for that was sorely inadequate.
29. Jimmy said that he did not understand and added that he was representing the New York Amalgamated Short Snap Biscuit Cracker and Frazzled Wheat Company.
30. Soumen said that it might rain that night.
31. The farmer says that he is busy.
32. He exclaimed in grief that it was pity.
33. He exclaimed to me that the idea was very nice.
34. The teacher ordered to stop laughing.
35. They asked who I was and what I wanted.
36. Mona told them that they must not talk there.
37. She asked whether I was going to Pune.
38. I told the girl that we would soon be at her station.
39. The old man said that he carried in his sack all the important stuff.
40. The tired guest requested the host not to offer him cold water.
41. Epimetheus asked what was inside that box.
42. She told me to trust her.
43. The teacher asked the student if he/she had read the book thoroughly.
44. She asked the boy what his name was.
45. The receptionist requested me to sign the register.
46. The author asked the reader if he/she liked his book.
47. Their mother told the children that they must not play with knives.
48. A gentleman told Mother Teresa that there was a family with eight children, they had not eaten for very long and pleaded her to do something for them.
49. The hermit said that the most important time had been when he (the Tsar) had been digging the beds and the hermit had been the most important man and to do him (the Tsar) good had been his most important business.
50. Nandalal Bose says that he sees in the hostel rooms shirts hanging from picture frames.
Direct and Indirect Speech Worksheet for Class 7
1. Sanatan said to me, “I am a cook.”
2. I said to him, “May you be happy.”
3. I said to my mother, “How do you feel to see him?”
4. The giant said, “The little boy has not come.”
5. I said, “Let us play a game.”
6. I said to the man, “Who are you?”
7. He said to me, “I am afraid of ghosts.”
8. He said, “May his soul rest in peace.”
9. “I will tell the inspector tomorrow.” said Mr Sivasanker.
10. Nandan said to Goutam “I believe you.”
11. The poet says, “But thy eternal summer shall not fade.’
12. Raka said, “Let’s have a party.
13. She said, “I didn’t know anyone else was here.”
14. She said, “I will drive today.”
15. Natalya said, “My mowers will be there this very day.”
16. I said to Gopal, “Where is your pencil-box?”
17. Natalya Stepanovna said, “Papa, send the mowers out to the Meadows at once!”
18. Santosh said to Seema, “Can you lend me a pen?”
19. Lila said to her friends, “Let us have a picnic.”
20. He said, “Leave the room.”
21. The coach of the team said to his players, “Bravo! You have played extremely well.”
22. He said, “By Jove! What a good news.”
23. He said, “Do you know Parth?”
24. The stationmaster said, “A train was coming on.”
25. The students said, “Hurrah! Our school has won the match.”
26. The captive general shouted, “Set me free.”
27. Konkona asked, “Will you come to the party?”
28. “Do you suppose you know better than your own father?” jeered his angry mother.
29. Father said, “God is good.”
30. Then I won’t turn you loose, said the woman to the boy.
31. He said to the fatherless boy, “Do not cry, my child, no man lives for ever.”
32. She said, “Where is your guardian?”
33. He said to the passer-by, “Why didn’t the police arrive?”
34. “Get away from the door, all of you,” he commanded.
35. “Get the nigger out,” he muttered to his companion.
36. He said to me, “Let all the candles be lit.”
37. She said to him, “Let us order something to eat.”
38. He said, “I shall play football.”
39. Sumit said to Dulal, “Has a mad dog bitten Bapan?”
40. Riya said, “I did it.”
41. Mother Teresa said, “Make every single child born, and unborn, wanted.”
42. St. John said, “You are a liar if you say, you love God and you don’t love your neighbour.”
43. Leela told her mother, “Sidda knows the moon.”
44. Nandalal Bose said, “If the objective of our education is total development, art training should have the same status and importance as reading and writing.”
45. My brother said, “What a lovely day!”
46. He said, “Do you work here?”
47. He said, “Let her go.”
48. Belinda said, “She should write it.”
49. Father said to me, “You are not studying well.”
50. The hare said to the tortoise, “Let us run a race.”
1. Sanatan told me that he was a cook.
2. I wished that he might be happy.
3. I asked my mother how she felt to see him.
4. The giant said that the little boy had not come.
5. I proposed that we should play a game.
6. I asked the man who he was.
7. He told me that he was afraid of ghosts.
8. He prayed that his soul might rest in peace.
9. Mr Sivasanker said that he would tell the inspector the next day.
10. Nandan told Goutam that he (Nandan) believed him (Goutam).
11. The poet says that his friend’s eternal summer shall not fade.
12. Raka proposed that they should have a party.
13. She said that she had not known anyone else had been there.
14. She said that she would drive that day.
15. Natalya said that her mowers would be there that very day.
16. I enquired of Gopal where his (Gopal’s) pencil-box was.
17. Natalya Stepanovna asked her father to send the mowers out to the Meadows at once.
18. Santosh asked Seema if she could lend him a pen.
19. Lila proposed (suggested) to her friends that they should have a picnic.
20. The Swallow asked the Prince why he was crying.
21. The coach of the team cheered the players and said that they had played extremely well indeed.
22. He swore by Jove that it was a very good news.
23. He asked if I knew Parth.
24. The stationmaster said that a train had been coming on.
25. The students shouted with delight (exclaimed with joy) that their team had won the match.
26. The captive general shouted to his captors to set him free.
27. Konkona asked if you would come to the party.
28. His mother angrily asked (enquired) whether he supposed that he knew better than his own father.
29. Father said that God is good.
30. The woman told the boy that she would not tum him loose then.
31. He advised the fatherless boy not to cry and consoled him with the words that man lives for ever.
32. She asked where my guardian was.
33. He asked the passer-by why the police had not arrive.
34. He ordered all of them to get away from the door.
35. He muttered to his companion to get the nigger out.
36. He proposed to me that all the candles should be lit.
37. She proposed to him that they should order something to eat.
38. He said that he would play football.
39. Sumit asked Dulal whether a mad dog had bitten Bapan.
40. Riya said that she had done it.
41. Mother Teresa asked to make every single child born, and unborn, feel wanted.
42. St. John said that a man is a liar if he says he loves God and does not love his neighbour.
43. Leela told her mother that Sidda knew the moon.
44. Nandalal Bose said that if the objective of our education was total development, art training should have had the same status and importance as reading and writing.
45. My brother exclaimed that the day was very lovely.
46. He asked if I worked there.
47. He wished that she might be allowed to go.
48. Belinda said that she should write it.
49. Father told me that I was not studying well.
50. The hare proposed the tortoise that they should run a race.
Reported Speech Worksheet for Class 8
1. They said, “We must drive the goat away from the garden.”
2. “You may call one fine art and the other functional art,” said Nandalal Bose.
3. Sidda, come and play,’ Leela said.
4. I said, “The boy is sitting in the room.”
5. The lady said, “Let me explain. Do not be in such a hurry.”
6. Lachmi said to the coolie, “I can’t understand English and don’t know their ways, so I keep to my zenana inter-class.”
7. He said to me, “I am feeling sleepy.”
8. He said, “Every recurrent anguish, longing and desire finds its own special helper.”
9. Chubukov said, “She’s in love, she’s like alove-sick cat and so on….”
10. She appealed, “Let us bring the child back.”
11. Chubukov said, “He’s come to borrow money!”
12. The boy said, “I just want you to turn me loose.
13. He said to his secretary, “Cancel the meeting as I am not feeling well.”
14. I said to Ratna, “Do you know my brother?”
15. If I turn you loose, will you run? asked the woman.
16. He said to them, “Bravo! You have done well.”
17. She said to the coolie, “No, I am with my master, brother.”
18. Ben Price said, “He’ll do his bit next time without any short-time or clemency foolishness.”
19. “Annabel”, he said, “give me that rose you are wearing.”
20. Was I bothering you when I turned that corner? asked the woman.
21. Deep said to Dipak, “Will you go to Delhi with me?”
22. The boy said, “I’ll do the work now.”
23. He said to me, “Would you help me to do the sum?”
24. Nandalal Bose said, “They cannot differentiate between a painting and a photograph.”
25. He said, “I am writing a letter.”
26. He said, “Shut the door.”
27. He said, “I have passed the examination”.
28. Nirmal said to Swapan, “I became stone blind.”
29. He said, “I shall take rice.”
30. The woman said, “What did you want to do it for?”
31. He said, “What a nice bird it is!”
32. The teacher said to me, “Don’t come here.”
33. Dinu said to Manu, “Where are you going?”
34. Leela said, “Give it here. I want to wear the chain.”
35. We said, “Let him tell the story.”
36. Casabianca’s father said to him, “Do not move from here till I return.”
37. He said to me, “May you live long,”
38. Biplab said to me, “The girl was singing a sweet song.
39. Lomov said, “I’ll prove to you that they’re mine!”
40. Priya said, “I shall go to the library tomorrow.”
41. The dog said to the donkey, “Please give me a loaf of bread to eat.”
42. I said to him, “I missed the bus.
43. Lomov said, “If you like, I’ll make you a present of them.”
44. He said, “Sugar tastes sweet.”
45. The police said to the gate keeper, “Why did you keep the door open?”
46. Lomov said, “Oxen Meadows, it’s true, were once the subject of dispute, but now everybody knows that they are mine.”
47. Forgive me! said the bearded man.
48. The girl said to the boy, “Where do you live now?”
49. Goodbye, the girl said.
50. She said to me, “Happy Christmas!”
1. They said that they would have to drive the goat away from the garden.
2. Nandalal Bose said that we may call one fine art and the other functional art.
3. Leela requested Sidda to come and play.
4. I said that the boy was sitting in the room.
5. The lady wanted time to explain what she meant.
6. Lachmi told the coolie that she could not understand English and did not know their ways, so she kept to her zenana inter-class.
7. He told me that he was feeling sleepy.
8. He said that every recurrent anguish, longing and desire finds its own special helper.
9. Chubukov said that she was in love, she was like a love-sick cat and so on.
10. She appealed to bring the child back.
11. Chubukov said that he had come to borrow money.
12. The boy said that he just wanted her to turn him loose.
13. He ordered his secretary to cancel the meeting as he was not feeling well.
14. I asked Ratna whether she (Ratna) knew my brother.
15. The woman asked whether he would run if she turned him loose.
16. He applauded them saying that they had done well.
17. Addressing the coolie as brother, she disagreed with him and told him that she was with her master.
18. Ben Price said that he would do his bit next time without any short-time or clemency foolishness.
19. He requested Annabel to give him that rose which she was wearing.
20. The woman asked if she had been bothering him when she turned that corner.
21. Deep asked Dipak whether he would go to Delhi with him.
22. The boy said that he would do the work then.
23. He requested me to help him to do the sum.
24. Nandalal Bose said that they could not differentiate between a painting and a photograph.
25. He said that he was writing a letter.
26. He ordered to shut the door.
27. He said that he had passed the examination.
28. Nirmal told Swapan that he (Nirmal) had become stone blind.
29. He said that he would take rice.
30. The woman asked what he had wanted to do it for.
31. He exclaimed in wonder that it was a very nice bird.
32. The teacher ordered me not to go there.
33. Dinu asked Manu where he (Manu) was going.
34. Leela instructed her to give it there as she wanted to wear the chain.
35. We said that he might (or might be allowed to) tell the story.
36. Casabianca’s father enjoined upon him (Casabianca) not to move from the place till he returned.
37. He wished that I might live long.
38. Biplab told me that the girl had been singing a sweet song.
39. Lomov said that he would prove to her that they were his.
40. Priya said that she should go to the library the next day.
41. The dog requested the donkey to give him a loaf of bread to eat.
42. I told him that I had missed the bus.
43. Lomov said that if she liked, he would make her a present of them.
44. He said that sugar tastes sweet.
45. The police asked the gate keeper why he had kept the door opened.
46. Lomov admitted that Oxen Meadows had once been the subject of dispute, but then everybody knew that they were his.
47. The bearded man asked for forgiveness.
48. The girl asked the boy where did he live then.
49. The girl bade goodbye.
50. She wished me a Happy Christmas.
Reported Speech Worksheet for Class 9
1. Bimalbabu said to me, “Is your father at home now?”
2. Anuradha said, “I finished my project work.”
3. The mason said, “I am building the wall now.”
4. Rebati said, “Good night.”
5. Arun said to Nitu, “Can you bowl?”
6. Then she said, “Now ain’t you ashamed of yourself?”
7. The boy said, “Mrs. Sen has raised her voice.”
8. Chubukov said “Can you be going anywhere, my treasure?”
9. Apu said to me, “Can you tell me the meaning of this?”
10. This is not a correct approach and should not be followed, he said.
11. The child said, “Mother, must I drink the entire milk?”
12. They said, “Let us go for a picnic.”
13. The aunt said, “What is the matter?”
14. Chubukov said, “What am I behaving in this idiotic way for?”
15. The mentor said to the disciple, “Child, wait outside the temple till I call you.”
16. Reba said to me. “What have become of Ribhu?”
17. The warden said to Cronin, “Unlock him at seven in the morning and let him come to the bull-pen.”
18. The trainer said to Tarun, “Can you swim?”
19. She said, “Let the water run until it gets warm.”
20. Ajay said to his brother, “Welcome home.”
21. Gieve Patel says, “It takes much time to kill a tree.”
22. Kakali said, “Trina will pass the examination.”
23. Her mother said, “How many times have I told you to take it off and put it in the box?”
24. Some rose the question, “Will art give us livelihood?”
25. The girl said to her friend, “I exercise daily.”
26. Lomov said, “He is old, but I wouldn’t take five Squeezers for him.”
27. Father said to me, “Do you want to be a good politician?”
28. Namrata said, “They came here yesterday.”
29. Anupam said to his brother, “Mind your own business!”
30. The woman said, “Pick up my pocketbook, boy and give it here.”
31. He said to me, “Please wait here till I return.”
32. Ashishabu said, “Now we shall start the ceremony.
33. Milan said, “I am doing sums now.”
34. Salil said, “I do not like milk in my tea.”
35. Chubukov, “Then why are you in evening dress, my precious?”
36. I said to him, “The sun rises in the east.”
37. Megha said, “Follow me.”
38. Nellie said, “Will they write it tomorrow?”
39. She said, “My brother hates me.”
40. Kamal said to Nitin, “What does this word mean?”
41. The King said to his soldiers, “Attack.”
42. He said, “I have never seen anything like it.”
43. Tonmay said to Dipanjan, “How clever you are!”
44. Grandma says, “The cow gives us milk.”
45. He said, “Mr Spencer, don’t believe I recognise you.
46. She said, “Can you drive?”
47. Leela ran behind them crying, “Don’t take him. Leave him here.”
48. Niren said to me, “I should be grateful if you help me.”
49. “Do you know the way to the station?” She said to Mahim.
50. ‘Oh Father!’ she said, ‘I like him.’
1. Bimalbabu asked me whether my father was at home then.
2. Anuradha said that she had finished her project work.
3. The mason said that he was building the wall then.
4. Rebati wished me good night.
5. Arun enquired of Nitu whether he (Nitu) could bowl.
6. Then she asked if he was not ashamed of himself then.
7. The boy said that Mrs. Sen had raised her voice.
8. Chubukov asked Lomov affectionately by addressing him as his treasure if he was going anywhere.
9. Apu asked me if I could tell him the meaning of that.
10. He opined that that was not a correct approach and should not be followed.
11. The child asked its mother if it had to drink the entire milk.
12. They proposed that they should go for a picnic.
13. The aunt asked what the matter was.
14. Chubukov wondered what he was behaving in that idiotic way for.
15. The mentor asked the disciple to wait outside the temple till he called him.
16. Reba asked me what had become of Ribhu.
17. The warden ordered Cronin to unlock him at seven in the morning and that he might be allowed to go to the bull-pen.
18. The trainer asked Tarun whether he (Tarun) could swim.
19. She suggested that the water should run until it got warm.
20. Ajay bade his brother welcome to his home.
21. Gieve Patel says that it takes much time to kill a tree.
22. Kakali said that Trina would pass the examination.
23. Her mother asked how many times she had told her to take it off and put it in the box.
24. Some rose the question if art would give them livelihood.
25. The girl told her friend that she exercises daily.
26. Lomov admitted that he (Guess) was old but he would not have taken five Squeezers for him.
27. Father asked me if I wanted to be a good politician.
28. Namrata said that they had come there the previous day.
29. Anupam told his brother to mind his own business.
30. The woman ordered the boy to pick up her pocketbook and give it there.
31. He requested me to wait there till he returned.
32. Ashishabu said that then they should start the ceremony.
33. Milan said that he was doing sums then.
34. Salil said that he does not like milk in his tea.
35. Chubukov asked Lomov affectionately by addressing him as his precious, why he was in evening dress then.
36. I told him that the sun rises in the east.
37. Megha ordered to follow her.
38. Nellie asked if they would write it the next day.
39. She said that her brother hated her.
40. Kamal asked Nitin what that word meant.
41. The King ordered his soldiers to attack.
42. He said that he had never seen anything like it.
43. Tonmay told Dipanjan that he was very clever.
44. Grandma says that the cow gives us milk.
45. Addressing Mr Spencer, he said that he did not believe he recognised him.
46. She asked whether I could drive.
47. Leela ran behind them crying and requesting them not to take him and to leave him there.
48. Niren told me that he would be grateful if I helped him.
49. She asked Mahim if he knew the way to the station.
50. She exclaimed to her father that she liked him.
Reported Speech Worksheet for Class 10
1. “I have not taken it,” Sidda said.
2. I said to him, “Shall I reach the village before dawn?”
3. I shall tell him, “You shall not come again.”
4. The boatman said, “It is raining hard.”
5. The poet says, “The Grasshopper rests at ease beneath some pleasant weed.”
6. Nandalal Bose said, “Among those things that man has devised to acquire knowledge or seek inner delight with, language has an important place.”
7. The king said to the philosopher, “Whom do you consider the happiest of men?”
8. You said, “I don’t cry.”
9. “Spencer, what shall we do?” said Mr Adams.
10. Suprabhat said, “Arka is playing in this field.”
11. My father told me that there was nothing mysterious about prayer.
12. I said to her, “I don’t believe you.”
13. He said, Alas! My mother is dead.”
14. “To our shame, even our present day art does not get any recognition in our country until it finds approval in the foreign markets,” said Nandalal Bose.
15. Rima said, “Good morning.”
16. I said to the stranger, “Will you follow me?”
17. Mr. Sinha said to me, “My brother has left for Kashmir.”
18. A mouse said, “Who will bell the cat?”
19. He said, “When trouble comes, try to understand the relevance of your sufferings.
20. He said, “Are you coming with me?”
21. He said to me, “What an idea!”
22. Sahil said to his friend, “You are ill.”
23. The priest said to the accused, “May God pardon your sins.”
24. A man says, “I love God, but I do not love my neighbour.”
25. The boys said, “Hurrah! We have won the match.”
26. Mrs Jones said, “Are you hungry?”
27. The author said, “This education in art, music and dance cannot be achieved through the medium of reading and writing, like the ear cannot do what the eye is meant to do.”
28. He said, “I had passed the examination.”
29. Mona said to me, “What is in your hand?”
30. He says, “I like mangoes.”
31. The girl said, “Shall I go out for shopping?”
32. She said, “Please give me a glass of milk.”
33. She said to me, “My sister likes the blue umbrella.”
34. He said, “Be quiet and listen to me.”
35. Jhuma said, “I can dance.”
36. Natalya said, “How long have they been yours?”
37. “Better think over my advice, Valentine.” The warden said.
38. He said, “I was playing football.”
39. I said to the policeman. “Why did you strike the boy?”
40. He said, “I do it.”
41. He said, “Are you happy with me?”
42. She said, “You will get it tomorrow.”
43. He said, “Let’s go home.”
44. I am your cousin from Kenya, he said.
45. He said to me, “You must leave the place.”
46. Mother said to her child, “My little son, will you tell me about your plan?”
47. The author said, “Man apprehends the world with his mind and senses.”
48. The poet says, “The river glides at its own sweet will.”
49. She said to me, “Thank you.”
50. He said to me, “Are you not ashamed of your conduct?”
1. Sidda said that he had not taken it.
2. I asked him if I would reach the village before dawn.
3. I shall tell him that he shall not come again.
4. The boatman said that it was raining hard.
5. The poet says that the Grasshopper rests at ease beneath some pleasant weed.
6. Nandalal Bose said that among those things that man had devised to acquire knowledge or seek inner delight with, language had an important place.
7. The king asked the philosopher whom he considered the happiest of men.
8. You said the you did not cry.
9. Mr Adams asked Spencer what they should do.
10. Suprabhat said that Arka was playing in that field.
11. My father said to me, “There is nothing mysterious about prayer.
12. I told her that I didn’t believe her.
13. He exclaimed in grief that his mother was dead.
14. Nandalal Bose said that to our shame, even our present day art did not get any recognition in our country until it found approval in the foreign markets.
15. Rima wished me good morning.
16. I asked the stranger if he would follow me.
17. Mr. Sinha told me that his brother had left for Kashmir.
18. A mouse asked who would bell the cat.
19. He advised that we should try to understand the relevance of our sufferings when trouble comes.
20. He asked me if I was coming with him.
21. Mother forbade me to tell a lie.
22. Sahil told his friend that he was ill.
23. The priest prayed to God that He might pardon his (the accused’s) sins (or, the sins of the accused).
24. A man says that he loves God but he does not love his neighbour.
25. The boys exclaimed in (with) joy that they had won the match.
26. Mrs Jones asked if he was hungry.
27. The author said that the education in art, music and dance could not be achieved through the medium of reading and writing, like the ear could not do what the eye was meant to do.
28. He said that he had passed the examination.
29. Mona asked me what was in my hand.
30. He says that he likes mangoes.
31. The girl asked if she would go out for shopping.
32. The General ordered the soldiers to halt.
33. She told me that her sister liked the blue umbrella.
34. He ordered to be quiet and listen to him.
35. Jhuma said that she could dance.
36. Natalya asked how long they had been his.
37. The warden told Valentine that it would be better if he thought over the warden’s advice.
38. He said that he had been playing football.
39. I wanted to know from the policeman why he had struck the boy.
40. He said that he did it.
41. He asked if I was happy with him.
42. He said that he would wait there.
43. He proposed that they should go home.
44. He said that he was my cousin from Kenya.
45. He told me that I must leave the place.
46. Mother asked her child if he would tell her about his plan.
47. The author said that man apprehended the world with his mind and senses.
48. The poet says that the river glides at its own sweet will.
49. She thanked me.
50. He asked me if I was not ashamed of my conduct.