Here, we have provided direct links for downloading the Human Reproduction Model Question Papers exclusively at free of cost. We observed most of the applicants are searching on the internet for Human Reproduction Previous Papers.
But they are discouraging in finding previous years papers of Human Reproduction. So, that’s why we tried on many sources and find some of the Human Reproduction Solved Question Papers of Last 5 Years. Below are the Human Reproduction Question Papers and the same Answer Key PDF links attached.
MCQ Objective Questions on Human Reproduction
1. Ectopic pregnancies are referred to as-
A. implantation of defective embryo in the uterus
B. pregnancies terminated due to hormonal imbalance
C. pregnancies with genetic abnormality
D. implantation of embryo at site other than uterus.
2. Which of the following events is not associated with ovulation in human female?
A. Release of secondary oocyte
B. LH surge
C. Decrease in estradiol
D. full development of Graafian follicle
3. During entry into the ovum, acrosome of sperm releases-
B. alkaline phosphatase
C. acid phosphatase
D. carbonic anhydrase
4. The hormones that are produced in women only during pregnancy-
A. Estrogens, human chorionic gonadotrophins, human placental lactongen
B. Estrogen, progesterone, oxytocin
C. Human placental lactogen, human chorionic gonadotropin, relaxin
D. Human placental lactogen, human chorionic gonadotropin, thyroxine.
5. Which one of the following hormones is responsible for uterine contraction during parturition-
6. Each secondary spermatocyte after second meiotic division produces
A. four haploid spermatids
B. only one haploid spermatid
C. two haploid spermatids
D. two diploid spermatids
7. In a human foetus the limbs and digits develop after-
A. 12 weeks
B. first trimester
C. 5th month
D. 8 weeks
8. During menstrual cycle, the cyclical changes take place in-
C. corpus luteum
9. The hormones which acts on Sertoli cells and stimulates the process of spermiogenesis is—
10. How many days does it take for spermatogenes to take place?
A. 40 to 65 days
B. 60 to 75 days
C. 70 to 95 days
D. 50 to 65 days
11. Corpus luteum is maintained in a women, under the effect of—
C. human chorionic gonadotropin
12. The outermost layer of the blastocyst is—
A. zona pellucida
C. corona radiata
13. First meiotic division takes place in—
A. primary spermatocyte
B. secondary spermatocyte
14. Bartholin’s glands are homologous to—
A. bulbourethral glands
B. seminal vesicle
C. prostate gland
D. glans penis.
15. Which one of the following causes the mammary glands to enlarge at puberty?
D. intestinal mucus
16. The Leydig cells found in the human body are the as secretory source of—
D. intestinal mucus
17. Which one of the following statements is/are correct?
A. FSH and LH occur in both male and females
B. FSH and LH stimulate the follicle to secrete estrogen
C. The ovarian cycle depends on the blood levels of FSH and LH
D. All of these are correct
18. The part of Fallopian tube closest to the ovary is
19. Which one of the following statements is not true with respect to viability of mammalian sperm?
(i) Viability of sperm is determined by its motility
(ii) Sperms must be concentrated in a thick suspension.
(iii) Sperm is viable for only up to 24 hours
(iv) Survival of the sperm depends on the pH of the medium and it is most active in alkaline
A. (i) & (ii)
B. (ii) &(iii)
C. (iii) &(iv)
D. (iv) & (v)
20. Which of the following is responsible for the production of progesterone, (the hormone responsible for the maintenance of endometrium)?
B. Graafian follicle
C. Corpus luteum
21. Human primary spermatocyte contains-
A. 22 autosomes and an X-chromosome
B. 22 autosomes and a Y-chromosome
C. 22 autosomes and an X or Y chromosome
D. 22 pairs of autosomes and XY chromosomes
22. Identify the correct passage of spermatozoa in male human reproductive system—
(A) Vas deferens
(D) Vasa efferentia
(E) Ejaculatory duct
23. Study and identify the correct combinations—
(B) Allantois——Splanchnopleure——Placenta formation
(C) Yolk sac—Midgut—Nutrition
(D) Chorion—Outer wall of amniotic folds— Excretion.
A. A, B
B. B, D
C. A, C
D. B, C
24. Identify the wrong statement with respect to embryonic stem cells—
A. They are pluripotent
B. They are isolated from epiblast tissue of blastocyst
C. They cannot proliferate in culture medium
D. They can give rise to the three germinal layers.
25. Which of the following implants in the lining of uterus-
26. What is ‘after-birth‘ referred to—
A. Amniotic fluid passing out
B. Expulsion of baby
C. Expulsion of placenta, umbilical cord and foetal membrane
D. Secretion of hormone relaxin
27. Forceful muscular contractions of uterine wall are involved in—
28. Morula formed at the end of cleavage is ________ celled
29. One of the following cells secrete hormone
A. cells of Leydig
B. cells of sertoli
C. Primary spermatocytes
D. Secondary spermatocytes
30. Ectoderm give rise to—
A. Cornea, heart, bronchi, dentine
B. Adrenal cortex, tongue, liver, retina
C. Lungs, adrenal medulla, dermis, thyroid
D. Enamel of teeth, nails, adrenal medulla, hair
31. During menstrual cycle, levels of LH and estrogen are highest around—
A. 14th day
B. 21st day
C. 7th day
D. 28th day
32. The main function of mammalian corpus luteum is to produce—
A. estrogen only
C. human chorionic gonadotropin
D. relaxin only
33. The shared terminal duct of the reproductive and urinary system in the human male is—
C. vas deferens
D. vasa efferentia
34. The correct sequence of embryonic development is—
35. If spermatogenesis proceeds too rapidly, Inhibin is released, Inhibin reduces the secretion of—
A. luteinising hormone (LH)
B. follicle stimulating hormone (FSH)
D. interstitial cell stimulating hormone (ICSH)
36. Gametogenesis refers to the process of-
A. fusion of two gametes
B. fusion of two gametangia
C. formation of two types of gametes
D. formation of male gamete only
37. Which of the following statements is wrong?
A. sertoli cells provide nutrition to the developing male germ cells.
B. Leydig cells synthesise and secrete androgens.
C. Secretions of the acrosome helps the sperm to enter into the cytoplasm of the ovum
D. Secondary spermatocytes are diploid.
38. Capacitation occurs in—
A. Rete testis
C. Vas deferens
D. Female Reproductive tract
39. Several hormones like hCG, hPL, estrogen, progesterone are produced by—
C. fallopian tube
40. Which of the following depicts the correct pathway of transport of sperms?
A. Rete testis —> Efferent ductules —> Epididymis —> Vas deferens
B. Rete testis —> Epididymis —> Efferent ductules —> Vas deferens
C. Rete testis —> Vas deferens -—> Efferent ductules —> Epididymis
D. Efferent ductules —> Rete testis —> Vas deferens —> Epididymis
41. Select the incorrect statement.
A. LH and FSH decrease gradually during the follicular phase.
B. LH triggers secretion of androgens from the Leydig cells.
C. FSH stimulates the sertoli cells which help in spermlogenesis
D. LH triggers ovluation in ovary.
42. Fertilisation in humans is practically feasible only if-
A. the ovum and sperms are transported simultaneously to ampullary——isthmic junction of the cervix.
B. the sperms are transported into cervix within 48 hrs of release of ovum in uterus
C. the sperms are transported into vagina just after the release of ovum in Fallopian tube
D. the ovum and sperms are transported simultaneously to ampullary—isthmic junction of the Fallopian tube.
43. Changes in GnRH pulse frequency in females controlled by circulating levels of-
A. progesterone only
B. progesterone and inhibin
C. estrogen and progesterone
D. estrogen and inhibin
44. Identify the correct statement on ‘inhibin’.
A. is produced by granulosa cells in ovary an inhibits the secretion of LH
B. is produced by nurse cells in testis and inhibit the secretion of LH
C. inhibits the secretion of LH, FSH and prolactin
D. ln produced by granulosacells in ovary and inhibits the secretion of FSH
45. Which of the following statements is correct regarding menstrual cycle?
A. LH induces rupturing of Graafian follicle.
B. Proliferative phase is characterised by the increased production of progesterone.
C. Corpus luteum secretes large amount of estrogen.
D. Both LH and FSH attain a peak level in secretory phase.
46. Pick the hormone which is not secreted by human placenta-
47. Choose the correct sequence of events that occur in human reproduction :
A. Gametogenesis -> insemination —> fertilisation implantation —> gestation —> parturition
B. Gametogenesis —> gestation —> insemination fertilisation -—> implantation —> parturition
C. Gestation —> gametogenesis —> insemination implantation —> fertilisation —> parturition
D. Gametogenesis —> insemination -> estation implantation —> fertilisation —> parturition
48. Which one of these in not an accessory glands in male reproductive system?
A. Cowper’s gland
B. Prostate gland
C. Bartholin’s gland
D. Seminal vesicle
49. Hormones for the menstrual cycle are produced by—
A. ovaries only
B. uterus only
C. ovaries and uterus
D. ovaries and anterior pituitary
50. Assertion : Parturition is induced by neural signal in maternal pituitary.
Reason : At the end of gestation period, the maternal pituitary release prolactin which causes uterine contractions.
A. If both assertion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion.
B. if both assertion and reason are true but reason is not the correct explanation of assertion.
C. If assertion is true but reason is false.
D. if both assertion and reason are false.
51. In human females, meiosis—II is not completed until-
A. uterine implantation
52. Which of the following layers in an antral follicle is acellular?
B. Zona pellucida
D. Theca interna