Applicants can download the Geography Quiz Questions. Last 5 Years Papers Geography Quiz Questions Solved Papers. Free downloading links of the Geography Quiz Previous Papers are enclosed below.
Interested applicants can get these Geography Quiz Sample Papers for free of cost. Start your preparation by the Geography Questions by downloading the Last 5 Years Question Papers.
Quiz Questions on Geography
1. Which of the following scholar proposed the theory of isostasy ?
2. Oceanic crusts are not older than…………….years.
(A) 200 million
(B) 2 billion
(C) 700 million
(D) 3.5 billion
3. The type of exogenetic processes that dominate in a given region depends on ……………. .
(A) rock type in the region
(B) relief condition in the region
(C) climatic conditions in the region
(D) Natural vegetation in the region
4. The fold mountain systems are generally parallel to…………………. .
(A) subduction zones
(B) spreading sites
(C) transform plate boundaries
(D) Island arcs
5. Which of the following is not a climatically controlled agent of erosion ?
(A) Running water
6. The region under pseudo-monsoon effect is :
(C) Guinea coast
7. The ground based instrument that is used for ozone measurement is :
(A) Dobson spectrophotometer
(B) Ozone sondes
(D) Campbell-Stokes sunshine recorder
8. Terrestrial radiation is :
9. In general circulation of the atmosphere……………..is an induced cell.
(A) Ferrel cell
(B) Polar front cell
(C) Hadley cell
(D) Rossby cell
10. In the past, Greeks thought they are in the climatic zone of :
11. Salinity is weight of salt in grams per……………….grams of water.
12. The only sea without shores on the earth is :
(A) Chukchi sea
(B) Barrent sea
(C) Sargossa sea
(D) Scotia sea
13. Corals on the west coast of India are found along…………….coast.
14. Which one of the following pairs, is not correctly matched ?
15. Oceans transfer…………………energy.
16. Hartshorne’s book on “Nature of Geography” basically deals with :
(A) Methodological aspects
(B) Applied aspects of Regional Geography
(C) Conceptual aspects of Regional Geography
(D) Systematic Geography
17. …………………is credited for dividing geography into “general” and “special”.
18. …………led to the development of Modern Geography.
(B) Rising power of European countries
(C) Use of mapping techniques
(D) Explorations of new lands
19. Fred Schaeffer developed the concept of :
(C) Spatial organisation
20. The foundations of historical geography were laid by :
21. K-7 principle in Christaller’s Theory refers to :
22. Structural morphology of a settlement refers to :
(A) Layout of buildings and transport network
(B) Functional areas
(C) Social areas
(D) Shape of the settlement
23. Transition zone in concentric model refers to :
(A) Commercial and Residential areas
(B) Residential and Recreational areas
(C) Industrial and Commercial areas
(D) Slum and other blight areas
24. …………………shows the highest primary index.
25. A small residential ethnic group in an urban area is called :
26. Who among the following is engaged in tertiary activity ?
(C) Construction worker
(D) Retail trader
27. ………………..is non-conventional and non-renewable source of energy.
(D) Atomic minerals
28. Pick out the odd industry.
(B) Iron and Steel
29. Prairies are characterized by :
(A) Intensive farming
(B) Extensive farming
(C) Mixed farming
(D) Subsistence farming
30. …………………..is an example of sunset industry.
31. With his concept of “Rimland” Spykman tried to :
(A) Explain the importance of sea power
(B) Justify colonialism
(C) Caution USA against the danger of world domination by Germany
(D) Unite USA and England against Russia
32. 48th parallel of latitude forms the boundary between :
(A) North Korea and South Korea
(B) USA and Canada
(C) USA and Mexico
(D) India and China
33. What is the skin colour of the Mongoloid race ?
34. Every culture region has a centre which is termed :
(D) Sphere of influence
35. Cultural regionalism in India is best defined by :
36. ‘Region’ differs from ‘area’ in :
37. ………………….is the best region forming force.
(C) Common interest
38. The Second Industrial Policy resolution in Independent India was adopted in :
39. Operation flood programme was aimed at :
(A) Controlling floods
(B) Providing flood relief
(C) Increasing food production
(D) Increasing milk production
40. ………………….is the best indicator of development among the following :
(A) Falling death rate
(B) Falling birth rate
(C) Falling infant mortality rate
(D) Falling child mortality rate
41. The highest temperature in Peninsular India is reached :
(A) Before June 21
(B) On June 21
(C) After June 21
(D) On October 21
42. Red soil is mostly found in the states of :
(A) Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh
(B) Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka
(C) Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
(D) Madhya Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh
43. Which one of the following has the maximum biodiversity ?
(D) Western Ghats
44. The world’s largest river island is located in the course of :
45. ……………………has the highest density of population (2011).
(C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) West Bengal
46. Which of the following diagram is drawn using polar co-ordinate system ?
(A) Scatter diagram
(B) Flow diagram
(C) Bar/Line graph
(D) Wind rose
47. Value based boundaries are introduced in a region when one draws……………map.
48. Information about the religion of people from a region is considered to be at……………level of measurement.
49. Lorenz curve is a technique used for :
(A) Measuring the inequality in a given distribution
(B) Measuring the degree of association between two or more variables
(C) Prediction of dependent variable
(D) Testing of hypothesis
50. ………………….graph paper is used to test the normality of data series.
(D) Double log