Transportation and Ports Questions and Answers Papers pdf will be available here for download. Therefore, all the contenders can make use of this chance and start to download the Transportation and Ports Solved Question Papers. Because by solving the Transportation and Ports Objective Model Papers you can improve your knowledge.
Also, check for download the Transportation and Ports MCQ Papers with Solutions from the link provided below. The Transportation and Ports Quiz helps you to prepare well for the exam topic wise and obtain very good marks.
Therefore, go through this post thoroughly and download the Transportation and Ports Last Year Question Papers. All these questions on Transportation and Ports are collected from previous year papers and compiled by us.
Questions and Answers on Transportation and Ports
1. Tar roads get easily damaged during
(C) rainy season
(D) peak traffic hours
2. Which one of the following ports is located on eastern coast of India?
3. Which of the following places are connected to the highest road of the world ?
(A) Gangtok and Kathmandu
(B) Leh and Srinagar
(C) Manali and Leh
(D) Srinagar and Siachen
4. In which State have Indian Railways introduced “Palace on Wheels” to promote tourism?
5. Which of the following is an inland river port?
6. The road that negotiates four high passes of the world in the Himalayas is
(A) Darjeeling to Nepal
(B) Shimla to Dalhousie
(C) Manali to Leh
(D) Shimla to Kulu
7. Roads that link the important cities of various states are referred to as :
(A) State Roads
(B) National Highways
(C) State Highways
8. The ports located along the eastern coast of India are :
(A) Kandla and Haldia
(B) Haldia arid Cochin
(C) Paradeep and Kandla
(D) Paradeep and Haldia
9. Which city has the Headquarters of two railway zones in India?
(B) New Delhi
10. Which is the artificial port of India?
(C) Chennai or Madras
11. How many major sea ports are there in India ?
12. Which of the following Train runs between New Delhi and Wagah ?
(A) Shatabdi Express
(B) Thar Express
(C) Maitree Express
(D) Samjhauta Express
13. The busiest rail section in respect to goods transportation is
(A) Delhi – Kolkata section
(B) Kolkata – Chennai section
(C) Delhi – Mumbai section
(D) Mumbai – Chennai section
14. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is situated in :
(A) Jammu and Kashmir
(B) New Delhi
15. Which two of the following are connected by the North South corridor ?
(A) Srinagar and Kanyakumari
(B) Mumbai and Chennai
(C) Amritsar and Kolkata
(D) Hyderabad and Bhopal
16. Which national highway connects Delhi and Kolkata via Mathura and Varanasi ?
17. Which National Highway is called Shershah Suri Marg ?
(A) National Highway No. 3
(B) National Highway No. 8
(C) National Highway No. 7
(D) National Highway No. 1
18. Kolkata and Delhi are connected by
(A) N.H. No. 1
(B) N.H. No. 2
(C) N.H. No. 9
(D) N.H. No. 6
19. In the last fifty years the length of Indian rails has increased approximately by
20. Which of the following towns is not on the “Golden Quadrilateral” being created for the roads infrastructure of the country?
21. Which among the following means of transport in India carries maximum number of passengers during a year ?
(A) International water transport
(B) Indian Railways
(C) Ashok Leyland buses
(D) Telco buses
22. The proposed sea-route “Sethu Samudram” is a canal through which of the sea-lanes ?
(A) Gulf of Mannar
(B) Malacca Strait
(C) Gulf of Kutch
(D) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
23. Approximately what is the length of the rail-route open to traffic in India?
(A) 25,000 kms
(B) 48,000 kms
(C) 63,000 kms
(D) 78,000 kms
24. Which of these harbours is not a natural harbour ?
25. Which of the following ports has the largest hinterland ?
26. Which one of the following pairs of places does the National highway number 2 join ?
(A) Delhi – Amritsar
(B) Delhi – Mumbai
(C) Delhi – Kolkata
(D) Delhi – Ahmedabad
27. What is the approximate length of Konkan Railway ?
(A) 580 kms
(B) 760 kms
(C) 940 kms
(D) 1050 kms
28. The position of Indian Railways network in the world is
29. The Konkan Railway connects :
(A) Goa – Mangalore
(B) Roha – Mangalore
(C) Kanyakumari – Mangalore
(D) Kanyakumari – Mumbai
30. Which one of the following is a major port on the East Coast of India ?
(D) Pondicherry (Puducherry)
31. Which is the city linked by the highest number of Railway Zones?
32. In which of the following States is Dampa Tiger Reserve situated?
33. The State which produces largest number of orchids in India is
(B) Arunachal Pradesh
34. Which of the following is the busiest International sea port in India?
35. The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is located at
36. Which of the following cities in India have the Headquarters of more than one Railway Zones ?
(B) Neither Kolkata nor Mumbai
(D) Both Kolkata and Mumbai
37. The ship building yard-Mazgaon Dock is located at
38. The cleanest Indian Railway station is :
39. India’s first Railway University will come up at
(A) Vadodara, Gujarat
(B) Bengaluru, Karnataka
(C) Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
(D) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
40. Where is the Indian National Rail Museum situated?
(B) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Himachal Pradesh
41. Golden Quadrilateral Project for the development of National Highways was initiated by
(A) P V Narasimha Rao
(B) I K Gujral
(C) Manmohan Singh
(D) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
42. Which among the following cities in India is not located in Golden Quadrilateral Road Network?
(C) New Delhi