Find the direct download link for DSSSB History Questions paper pdf in the section below. Aspirants who are looking for DSSSB History General Knowledge Papers can find in the table below. Are you searching for the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board History Sample Papers for starting exam preparation?
Don’t worry. We attached the free downloading links of Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board History General Knowledge Old Papers. By referring the Last 5 years Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board History Previous Question Papers, candidates can analyse the exam pattern.
DSSSB History Questions Papers will help you to get a good score in the exam. By clicking on the below-enclosed links, you can download the DSSSB History Questions Papers with solutions in the form of Pdf.
History Questions for DSSSB Exam
1. The Vedic term ‘Jana’ refers to :
(B) Family tree
2. Pava, the place where Mahavira died, is in :
(A) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
3. Who introduced in India the coins with names and portraits ?
(A) Janapada kings
4. Which of the following dynasties did not share the Tamil country during Sangam age ?
5. Point out the right choice based on evolution of Chaitya architecture :
(A) Bharhut, Pitalkhora, Sanchi, Karle
(B) Karle, Pitalkhora, Bharhut, Sanchi
(C) Sanchi, Karle, Pitalkhora, Bharhut
(D) Pitalkhora, Bharhut, Karle Sanchi
6. Hippalus means :
(A) Tropical land
(C) Monsoon winds
(D) Deep sea
7. Capital city of Pallava kingdom was :
8. Kharwela hewed out a number of caves in the hill of :
9. Inscription at Aihole informs us about :
(A) the defeat of Harshvardhana by Pulakeshin II
(B) the defeat of Pulakeshin II by Harshavardhana
(C) the defeat of Nahapana by Gautamiputra Satkarni
(D) the defeat of Gautamiputra Satkarni by Nahapana
10. Which of the following religious traditions had ‘Yapaniya’ sect ?
(C) Shakti cult
11. Which of the following towns was not connected by land routes from India ?
12. Who of the following is said to have introduced Indian culture in Cambodia ?
13. Who built the Brihadishwara temple at Tanjavur ?
(A) Karikala Chola
(B) Parantaka Chola
(C) Rajaraja Chola
(D) Rajendra Chola
14. Under the Rashtrakutas, who assisted the provincial governors ?
15. Who wrote the ‘Chikkadevaraya Vanshavali’ ?
16. ‘Kadamai’ was a :
(A) land tax
(B) sales tax
(C) customs duty
(D) pilgrimage tax
17. Who among the following introduced the Chishti order in India ?
(A) Nizamuddin Auliya
(B) Ahmad Ata Yaswi
(C) Muinuddin Sijzi
(D) Bakhtiyar Kaki
18. In the 14th century, Ilyas Shah emerged as king of the regional kingdom of :
19. Adab-ul-Harb wa Shujaat was written by :
(A) Ziauddin Barani
(B) Fakhr Mudabbir
(C) Yahya bin Ahmad Sirhindi
(D) Shamsuddin Siraj Afif
20. In which of the following places was the Portuguese viceroyalty first centred in A.D. 1505 ?
21. ‘Varshasan’ was given by Maratha rulers for the performance of which services ?
22. Where was the headquarters of the Dutch East India Company in India located ?
23. In whose reign was Assam annexed to the Mughal Empire ?
(B) Shah Jahan
(D) Bahadur Shah I
24. In Medieval Maharashtra ‘Paisalu’ was :
(A) an export duty
(B) an import duty
(C) a fee for examining precious metals
(D) a licence fee for minting coins
25. Customs levied on articles brought into a town or village for sale was known as :
26. In Maratha historiography, the ‘age of bakhars’ began with :
(A) Vasudeo Vaman Khare
(B) Kashinath Narayan Sane
(C) Vishwanath Kashinath Rajwade
(D) Dattatraya Balwant Parasnis
27. Who interpreted the Maratha baluta system as a ‘demi-urgic mode of employment’ ?
(A) Baden Powell
(B) Max Weber
(C) A.I. Chicherov
(D) William Wiser
28. Where was ‘Pietra Dura’ first used ?
(A) In the tomb of Humayun
(B) In the tomb of Itimaduddaula
(C) In the tomb of Sher Shah Sur
(D) In the tomb of Salim Chishti
29. The system of Subsidiary Alliance was introduced by :
(A) Warren Hastings
(B) Lord Wellesley
(C) Lord Hastings
(D) Lord Dalhousie
30. “Greatest good of the greatest number.” —With which ideology is this principle associated ?
31. Who among the following imparted education to inculcate individualistic values in colonial India ?
(A) Pantoji Schools
(C) Christian Missionary Schools
(D) Traditional Parsi Educational Institutes
32. ‘The Forward Policy’ was :
(A) an educational policy of Lord Macaulay
(B) the British policy pertaining to Afghanistan
(C) the political programme of ‘Forward Bloc’
(D) the policy of anglicisation of Indians
33. Who translated ‘Nil Darpan’ in English ?
(A) Dinabandhu Mitra
(B) Pt. Ramanarayana
(C) Rev. J. Long
(D) Michael Madhusudan Dutt
34. How did Dadabhai Naoroji calculate the amount of drain ?
(A) as a difference between consecutive budget plans
(B) as a difference between larger imports and smaller exports
(C) as a difference between smaller imports and larger exports
(D) as a difference between internal trade
35. What was the demand of Millhands association under the leadership of Narayan Meghaji Lokhande ?
(A) increase in payments
(B) Diwali vacation
(C) Weekly holiday
(D) Pension for workers
36. Mahatma Gandhi’s struggle in South Africa was against the compulsion of :
(A) registration certificates with finger prints
(B) residing in particular area
(C) house registration
(D) restricted trade
37. What was the major cause of the Mopala rising in 1921 ?
(A) Oppressive landlord exaction
(B) Oppressive colonial exaction
(C) Oppression of Hindu religion
(D) Oppressive capitalist exaction
38. Who wrote ‘The Philosophy of Bomb’ —a draft statement of Hindustan Socialist Republican Army ?
(A) Bhagat Singh
(B) Shiv Varma
(C) Bhagawati Charan Vohra
(D) Chandrashekhar Azad
39. Swami Sahajanand was a leader of :
(A) Ramakrishna Mission
(B) Theosophical Society
(C) All India Trade Union Congress
(D) All India Kisan Sabha
40. Who among the following industrialists joined Congress, went to jail and accepted hardships ?
(A) Walchand Hirachand
(B) Ambalal Sarabhai
(C) G.D. Birla
(D) Jamanalal Bajaj
41. ‘The Discovery of India’ was written at :
(A) Mohenjo Daro
(B) Red Fort
(D) Ahmednagar Fort
42. Goa was liberated on :
(A) 15th August, 1947
(B) 1st May, 1960
(C) 15th August, 1961
(D) 19th Dec., 1961
43. Who believed that the task of the historian is ‘simply to show how it really was’ ?
(A) Leopold Ranke
(B) Thomas Carlyle
(C) Arnold Toynbee
(D) E.H. Carr
44. Who defined history ‘as chronological presentation of the changes in means and modes of production ?
(A) Dharmanand Kosambi
(B) Damodar Dharmanand Kosambi
(C) Meera Kosambi
(D) R.S. Sharma
45. What is the agenda of the Subaltern Historiography ?
(A) to study subaltern consciousness
(B) to study subaltern life-style
(C) to study every account of subaltern activity
(D) to study material culture of subaltern
46. Apartheid was practised in :
(B) South Africa
(C) British India
47. Whose name has been associated with the ‘New Deal’ policy ?
(B) Kemal Pasha
(C) Theodore Roosevelt
(D) F.D. Roosevelt
48. Which of the following was not a contemporary of Harappan civilization ?
49. The material culture of the beginning of later Vedic people in the Ganga-Yamuna valley may be gleaned from :
(A) Ochre Coloured Pottery (OCP)
(B) Painted Grey Ware (PGW)
(C) Black and Red Ware (BRW)
(D) Northern Black Polished Ware (NBPW)
50. According to Sankhya Darshan the development of ‘Prakriti’ depends on how many attributes :