Defence and Strategic Studies Model Question Papers: Candidates who applied for the Defence and Strategic Studies can find the Model Question Paper in the sections below. Free Defence and Strategic Studies Model Question Paper Pdf download link is given in the table below.
Here we have given the links for Defence and Strategic Studies Study Model material which helps the applicants in preparation. Aspirants who are looking for Defence and Strategic Studies Model Paper can find in this section.
Model on Defence and Strategic Studies
1. Which of the following pairs is incorrect ?
(A) G-15 Nations—Security Council Members
(B) G-8 Nations—Developed and Industrial Nations
(C) G-77 Nations—Developing Nations
(D) ASEAN Nations—Group of South East Nations
2. Which of the following lines demarcates the boundary between India and Pakistan ?
(A) Durand Line
(B) MacMahon Line
(C) Radclicff Line
(D) Majinet Line
3. In which of the following places the National Defence College is located ?
(A) New Delhi
4. Which one of the following is regarded Individual Rights to constitutional remedies as heart and soul of our constitution ?
(A) B. R. Ambedkar
(B) Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Rajendra Prasad
5. One of the effects of the end of the cold war was the following :
(A) Massive process of disarmament
(B) New states were created
(C) US and Soviets became friends
(D) Process of Armament
6. What is Neo-realism ?
(A) An attempt to ignore the unpleasant realities of the world
(B) An attempt to restate the basic ideas of realism in a more scientific form
(C) A claim that international society is basically orderly and peaceful
(D) A claim that individual human nature is central to an understanding of International relations
7. Which one of the following is not an international organization as per the definition given by Inis Claude ?
(A) United Nations
8. The 1973 war between Israel, Syria and Egypt is also known as :
(A) June War
(B) Tank War
(C) Night War
(D) Yom Kipper War
9. The NGO dedicated to the release of political prisoners all over the world is known as :
(A) Amnesty International
(B) Red Cross
(C) Human Rights Council
(D) None of the above
10. The origin of the modern nation state system is associated with one of the following :
(A) Congress of Vienna
(B) Treaty of Utrecht
(C) Treaty of Westphalia
(D) World War
11. Choose the correct answer.
During the reconnaissance and the reformation there was a revival of protest against inequality based on :
12. Who among the following stated that “Geopolitics is a pseudo-science creating the factor of geography into an absolute ?
(B) N.J. Spikman
(C) Carl Haushofer
(D) Hans J. Morgenthau
13. Which of the following is not the method of resource mobilization during the war ?
14. Expenditure on acquisition of assets like land, building and machinery would come under ambit of :
(A) Capital receipt
(B) Aggregate demand
(C) Capital expenditure
(D) Revenue expenditure
15. Who coined about the efficient utilisation of defence expenditure in the form of standing army ?
(A) David Ricardo
(B) Jean Baptine Say
(C) Adam Smith
16. Who wrote the book entitled “The Economics of Defence”.
(A) Galbraith J. K.
(B) Kennedy Gavin
(C) Kuithara Verghese
(D) Hitch Charles J. and Mekan Ronald N.
17. Who coined the term “Cyber Space” ?
(A) Lind Billgates
(B) Sam Pitroda
(C) William Gibson
(D) E. D. Sariton
18. Which is not a psychological aspect of war ?
(D) Military Technology
19. Which one of the following members are composed in the International Court of Justice ?
(A) 15 members
(B) 20 members
(C) 35 members
(D) 50 members
20. In which year did Chernobyl disaster take place ?
21. In 1978, Camp David Accords were signed between ………… and ……….. .
(A) America and Soviet Union
(B) Egypt and Israel
(C) Syria and Israel
(D) Egypt and Jordan
22. India shares its longest land borders with :
23. The term PGM stands for :
(A) Precision Guided Munition
(B) Poor Grade Munition
(C) Permanent Guided Missile
(D) Precision Guided Military
24. India has maritime boundary with how many countries ?
25. Which of the following is not a member of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) ?
(A) Defence Minister
(B) Home Minister
(D) Prime Minister
26. Which International Convention applies to territorial waters and maritine zones of a country ?
(A) Kyoto Protocol
27. Which one of the following is an Industrial Disaster ?
(A) Tsunami 2004
(B) Uttarakhand Disaster
(C) Bhopal Gas Tragedy
(D) Nepal Earthquake
28. SAARC Disaster Management Center is located at :
(B) New Delhi
29. At the end of 1962 war, China occupied large part of which Indian territory ?
(B) Siliguri Corridor
(C) Yatung Valley
(D) Chumbi Valley
30. Which one of the following is Ricardo’s contribution to defence expenditure ?
(A) Prohibitive tariff policy
(B) Military taxation
(C) External sources of finance
(D) How to raise finance wars
31. Britain economic blockade of Germany was made official in :
(A) March 1912
(B) March 1913
(C) March 1914
(D) March 1915
32. National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) consists of how many battalions ?
33. Who was a key proponent of strategic bombing in aerial warfare ?
(A) Giulin Doh Douhet
(B) L.B.H. Liddle Hart
(C) Mao Zedong
(D) None of the above
34. Wars that seek to culture political power through armed struggle are described as :
(B) Revolutionary War
(C) Civil War
35. United Nations ‘United for Peace’ Resolution was adopted in the background of which international crisis ?
(A) India-China War
(B) Korean War
(C) Cuban Missile Crisis
(D) Arab-Israel War
36. When did India announce ‘look east policy’ ?
37. When did the UN Millennium Development Goals end ?
38. Which one of the following is not a determinant of defence expenditure ?
(C) National Power
(D) Public enterprises like post office
39. Who among the following chairs the meetings of the National Security Council in India?
(B) Prime Minister
(C) Defence Minister
(D) National Security Advisor
40. Defence and strategic studies is akin to so many other disciplines, except:
(C) Political Science
41. Who among the following made the statement that “war is an instrument of policy by other means”?
(A) Carl Von Clausewitz
(B) Frederick the Great
(C) J.F.C. Fuller
(D) A. Jomini
42. Kautilya’s concept of Inter-staterelations was based on which of the following theories?
(A) Theory of Saptanga
(B) Mandala Theory
(C) Theory of Four Fold Army
(D) Sadgunya Theory
43. Military Industrial Complex argument was delivered by whom in his farewell address?
(A) President Eisenhower
(B) President J.F. Kennedy
(C) President Ronald Reagan
(D) Henry Kissinger
44. Non-alignment lost its relevance after the:
(A) Sino-Indian Conflict, 1962
(B) Soviet Intervention in Afghanistan, 1979
(C) End of Cold War
(D) Attack on the World Trade Centre, 2001
45. The strategy of minimum credible deterrence is reversed by which one of the following?
(A) No first use
(B) First strike
(C) Second strike
(D) No strike
46. Who propounded the theory of “Expanding Torrent”?
(A) J.F.C. Fuller
(B) Liddle Hart
47. Identify the correct code for the Assertion (A) and Reason (R) as given below:
Assertion (A): Preventive war can be justified using balance of power logic.
Reason (R): That rationale can also provide a basis for frequent use of military force in a war.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are not correct
(B) Both (A) and (R) are correct, but (R) is not always a rationale of (A)
(C) (A) is correct, but (R) is not correct
(D) (A) is not correct, but (R) is correct
48. Identify the correct code for the Assertion (A) and Reason (R) as given below:
Assertion (A): A state is specifically a political and geopolitical entity.
Reason (R): Because specific cultural groups are associated with state for political legitimacy.
(A) (A) is true, (R) is false
(B) (A) is false, (R) is true
(C) Both (A) and (R) are false
(D) Both (A) and (R) are true
49. According to the rationale of the first use principle, states reserve the right to use nuclear weapons in self-defence can be stated as:
(A) Mutual Assured Destruction
(B) Nuclear Deterrence
(D) Nuclear Non-Proliferation
50. Which is not the objective of CTBT?
(A) Ban on all kinds of Nuclear Weapons test explosion
(B) To favour international monitoring system to check the treaty violations
(C) To detect the underground, atmospheric or underwater explosions
(D) To export and import the Nuclear technology