Anthropology Previous Questions
Here are certain direct links are given to download the Anthropology Previous Questions to help the participants who are in preparation for their exams. Hence download the Cultural Anthropology Previous Questions and practice by solving the questions.
Use these Previous Questions of Anthropology Research as a reference for your preparation. Just click on the relevant link to get the Social Anthropology Previous Year Questions Papers. Therefore, providing the Forensic Anthropology Previous Questions for free of cost. Candidates are advised to check with the latest Biological Anthropology Previous Questions pattern.
Medical Anthropology Previous Questions helps the applicants during the preparation. Click on the links given below to go to particular Physical Anthropology Previous Questions pdf. Anthropology Previous Questions below is only for reference.
Download all Anthropology Previous Questions here. We have given the solutions for Anthropology Previous Questions to make your preparation efficient. Click here to Download the Anthropology Previous Questions from the attached pdfs.
Previous Questions on Anthropology
1. Basing on skin colour Blamenbach described mankind as divided into ……….. races.
2. The Theory of Organic Evolution is related to
(A) human beings
3. According to J. H. Hutton the tribal peoples had belief in
(D) none of these
4. ‘Who provided the emic and etic dichotomy to the study and analysis of human behaviour?
(A) Kenneth L. Pike
(B) Marvin Harris
(C) N. H. Goodenough
(D) T. K. Penniman
5. The anthropologist who concluded that Margaret Mead’s findings were largely erroneous is
(B) Joy Henry
6. How many chromosomes are there in normal human beings?
7. Consider the following statements :
Assertion (A): Animal herders following the demands of their animals for pasture and water, move in careful response to those needs.
Reason (R): Wandering is an exclusive way of life animal herders.
Select your answer according to the coding scheme given below :
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
8. The superfamily hominoidea comprises :
(A) Apes and Humans
(C) Pongidae and Hylobatidae
(D) Baboons and New World Monkeys
9. Who among the following, made an extensive study of human societies with regard to family?
(A) Robert H. Lowie
(B) Ralph Linton
(C) Edmund Leach
(D) G. P. Murdock.
10. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
(A) Sanskritization — Yogendra Singh
(B) Nature – man – spirit complex – L. P. Vidyastht
(C) Caste, Class and Power a – M. N. Srinivas
(D) Folk-urban continuum – Andre Beteille
11. The first anthropologist to hold a formal position with an international health organization when hired by the World Health Organization is
(A) Cora DuBois
(B) Edward Wellin
(C) Benjamin Paul
(D) George Foster
12. Woolly hair and thick lips are found among –
13. Who is the author of the book ‘The Social Anthropology of Complex Societies?
(A) Michael Banton
(B) Robert Redfield
(C) Oscar Lewis
(D) Milton Singer
14. Among the following, the primates most closely related to Homo sapiens are the
(A) Pongids (gorillas and chimpanzees)
(B) Prosimians (lemurs, lorises)
(C) Platyrrhines (New World monkeys)
(D) Catarrhines (Old World monkeys)
15. What is the use of hypothesis?
(A) It forms the starting point of an investigation
(B) It makes observation and experiment possible
(C) It is an aid to explanation
(D) All of these
16. The research domain on how humans classify and perceive colours in the natural world belongs to
(A) Cognitive Anthropology
(B) Post-Modernist Anthropology
(C) Symbolic Anthropology
(D) Structural Anthropology
17. Which of the following is Pithecanthropine associated?
(A) Neanderthal Man
(B) Australopithecus africanus
(C) Homo erectus
(D) Cro-Magnon Man
18. Germ Plasm Theory was proposed by
(A) Alfred Wallace
(B) August Weismann
(C) Charles Darwin
(D) Jean Baptiste Lamarck
19. The title of the classical work of E. B. Tylor is
(A) Primitive Religion
(B) Ancient Religion
(C) Ancient Culture
(D) Primitive Culture
20. An example of an affinal relationship is:
(A) father-son relationship
(B) husband-wile relationship
(C) mother-daughter relationship
(D) brother-sister relationship.
More Question Papers on Anthropology
|Anthropology GK||Practice Set|
|Selected Questions||Old Question|
|Typical Questions||Previous Question|
|Test Papers||Sample Papers|
|Important Question||Model Question|
21. The group of Medical anthropology of today is formally known as
(A) Association for Medical Anthropology
(B) Society for Medical Anthropology
(C) Organization for Medical Anthropology
(D) Institution for Medical Anthropology
22. Caste membership is
(A) Ascribed membership
(B) Achieved membership
(C) Associated membership
(D) all of these
23. Head form of the Toda of Nilgiris is
24. According to Herbert Risley the caste system is based on
(A) Racial theory
(B) Functional theory
(C) Guild theory
(D) Religious theory
25. Down’s syndrome results due to
(A) Trisomy of chromosomal pair of 21
(B) Trisomy of chromosomal pair of 22
(C) Trisomy of chromosomal pair of 21 and also due to translocation of 14 – 21 chromosomes
(D) none of these
26. What is not an anthropogenic source of smoke?
(A) Smoke from volcano
(B) Smoke stacks of power plants
(C) Smoke from motor vehicles
(D) Fumes from paints.
27. The main functions of the spider monkey’s tail seem to be related to :
(A) locomotion and feeding
(B) locomotion and anchoring
(C) feeding and manipulation of objects
(D) anchoring and manipulation of objects
28. Explanation can be categorized into evolutionary, classification, teleological and
(D) all of these
29. ‘The list of tribes prepared by the Government of India was issued by the .
(A) Census of India, 1931
(B) Scheduled Caste Commission
(C) Census Act, 1945
(D) Presidential Order, 1950
30. The Acheulian tradition is related to-
(B) Lower Palaeolithic
(C) Middle Palaeolithic
(D) Upper Palaeolithic.
31. In X-linked recessive inheritance, is there any gender difference in affected people?
(A) More males are affected
(B) More females are affected
(C) Both males and females are equally affected
(D) Males are not at all affected
32. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
(A) Bonga — Animistic belief
(B) Mana — Belief in spirits
(C) Totem — Sympathetic magic
(D) Taboo — Ancestor Worship
33. “Tribal cultures of peninsular India are a dimension of the little tradition.” Who mentioned this?
(A) M. N. Srinivas
(B) Yogendra Singh
(C) Surajit Sinha
(D) None of them
34. Gene flow
(A) reduces inter-population variability and increases intra-population variability
(B) reduces intra-population variability and increases inter-population variability
(C) does not change allele frequency in a population
(D) increases inter-population variation only.
35. Find the odd one out:.
(A) Australopithecus afarensis
(B) Sinanthropus pekinensis
(C) Australopithecus africanus
(D) Plesianthropus transvaalensis
36. Consider the following statements:
I. Ethnology is a comparative study of peoples and cultures.
II. Ethnography is a descriptive study of peoples and cultures.
(A) Only the first statement is correct
(B) Only the second statement is correct
(C) Both statements are correct
(D) Neither of the statements is correct.
37. Who can be called as a cultural ecologist?
(A) M. Mead
(D) J. Steward
38. Typologies of research study are
(A) formulative, descriptive. diagnostic and hypothetical study
(B) formulative. descriptive, hypothetical and experimental study
(C) explanatory. descriptive, diagnostic and experimental study
(D) explanatory, descriptive, diagnostic and hypothetical study.
39. Which one of the following is not true about teknonymy?
(A) Teknonymy is a custom of calling husbands through the names of their children
(B) Teknonymy means avoidance relationship
(C) Tylor identifies this custom being prevalent in matriarchal societies
(D) Lowie relates the origin of this. custom to the low status of women.
40. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
(A) The saora — Hill cultivation
(B) The Chenchu — Slash and bum cultivation
(C) The Kurivikkaran — Intensive Cultivation
(D) Hl The Kota _ Incipient plain cultivation
41. Included in the suborder Anthropoidea are three main groups
(A) New World monkeys, Old World monkeys and apes and man
(B) Monkeys, apes and man
(C) Semians, prosimians and hominds
(D) New World monkeys, Old World monkeys and apes
42. Consider the following statements
i. Some of the power relationships are instilutionalized
ii. A portion of these power relationships are given the stamp of legitimacy.
iii. Such legitimate power is considered right and natural as rules of running the society successfully
iv. Legitimate or rightful power is called law.
Of the above statements
(A) (i) alone is correct
(B) (i) and (ii) are correct
(C) (i), (ii) and (iii) are correct
(D) All are correct.
43. Hypergamous marriages are otherwise known as
(D) All of these
44. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
(A) Divination – Black magic
(B) Ordeal — Testimony
(C) Conditional curse – Assertion
(D) Sanction — Oath
45. The Upper Palaeolithic flake industry is
46. Growth is Very rapid during:
47. The term ‘historical particularism’ was coined by
(A) Marvin Harris
(B) M. Mead
(C) E Durkheim
(D) Marcel Mauss
48. ‘Typology of fallacy of observation comprises
(A) Fallacy of non-observation
(B) Fallacy of mal-observation
(C) Both of these
(D) None of these
49. The Nuer society. studied by Evans Pritchard is a classic example of
(A) State society
(B) Stateless society ruled by non-kinship groups
(C) Stateless society ruled by Military
(D) None of these
50. Protein-calorie malnutrition among children results in diseases like
(B) Kwashiorkor and Marasmus
(D) Night blindness