Here are certain direct links are given to download the Anthropology Model Questions to help the participants who are in preparation for their exams. Hence download the Cultural Anthropology Model Questions and practice by solving the questions.
Use these Model Questions of Anthropology Research as a reference for your preparation. Just click on the relevant link to get the Social Anthropology Model Questions Papers. Therefore, providing the Forensic Anthropology Model Questions for free of cost.
Candidates are advised to check with the latest Biological Anthropology Model Questions pattern. Medical Anthropology Model Questions helps the applicants during the preparation. Click on the links given below to go to particular Physical Anthropology Model Questions pdf.
Anthropology Model Questions below is only for reference. Download all Anthropology Model Questions here. We have given the solutions for Anthropology Model Questions to make your preparation efficient. Click here to Download the Anthropology Model Questions from the attached pdfs.
Model Questions on Anthropology
1. The dormitory system prevails among
(A) Toda group
(B) Kotas group
(C) Oraon group
(D) Naga group
2. Along with Aryans, there exists another category of ancient India known as
3. The word “Potlatch” is
(A) Chinnok word
(B) Masai word
(C) Kung Bushmen word
(D) Beduin word
4. The devise of evoking knowledge of some secret or hidden thing by mechanical or manipulation technique is called
(A) Conditional Curse
5. In balanced polymorphisms selection favours the
(C) both Heterozygotes and Homozygotes
(D) neither Heterozygotes nor Homozygotes
6. Brachydactyly is given as an example for
(A) Autosomal dominant inheritance
(B) Autosomal recessive inheritance
(C) X- linked dominant inheritance
(D) X – linked recessive inheritance
7. Choose the correct option, with regard to the diffusionists:
(A) They were anti-evolutionistic in their approach
(B) They maintained that culture-traits spread either through diffusion or migration or by both
(C) Both the above statements are true
(D) Neither of the statements is true.
8. The process of social interaction through which people learn and acquire their culture is called
9. Analysis of kinship can get meaningful help from
10. The Purusharthas are …………. in number..
11. The wings of birds and bats may be a case of
12. Consider the following statements :
Assertion (A): There is no such thing as politics without force: there is no such thing as politics divorced from territory.
Reason (R): Politics is the spatial aspect of social force.
Select your answer according to the coding scheme given below
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of ((A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false. but (R) is true.
13. Ramapithecus lived in ae
(B) Latin America
14. Forensic anthropologists do not assist
(A) Medical field
(B) Police department
(C) Legal specialist
(D) Literary critic
15. Which of the following formed the basis for distinguishing different economic systems of non-literate people?
(A) Culture area
(C) Division of Lobour
(D) Types of foodstuff
16. An individual who claims the power to cure and affect other aspects of life because of powers gained through direct contact with the supernatural is called
17. Number of milk teeth among human beings during their infancy and childhood
18. Which of the following is not true about W.H. R. Rivers?
(A) He was a medical doctor by training
(B) Hewasa member of the Torress Strait Expedition
(C) He was the first to develop the genealogical method
(D) His excessive diffusionist claims are reflected in his anthropological
19. ‘ The word ‘eugenics’ was coined by
(A) Charles Darwin
(B) Francis Galton
(C) Paul Broka
(D) J.B.S. Haldane
20. People with which of the following blood groups are more susceptible to doudenal ulcer than the people belonging to other blood groups?
(A) A blood group
(B) B blood group
(C) O blood group
(D) AB blood group
More Question Papers on Anthropology
21. The concept of Great and Little Tradition was proposed by
(A) M..N. Srinivas
(B) Mckim Marriot
(C) Robert Redfield
(D) PV. Kane
22. Who defined adaptive Radiation?
(A) Charles Darwin
(B) Jean Baptiste Lamarck
23. One. of the types of experimental design studies is
(B) Ex-post facto
24. The principle that acknowledges the complexity of interactions between cultural and biological communities and the inherent uncertainty of effects due to ethnobiological and other research, is
(A) Principle of precaution
(B) Principle of active protection
(C) Principle of prior rights
(D) Principle of inalienability
25. For centuries large groups of people of India have suffered many disadvantages. Collectively these groups have been described variously as
(B) Service castes
(C) Artisan castes
(D) None of these
26. Vodoun tradition is found in
(A) Haiti Island
(B) Papua New Guinea
27. The concept of Sanskritization and Westernization was proposed by
(A) MN. Srinivas
(B) Mckim Marriot
(C) Robert Redfield
(D) P. V. Kane. .
28. Australopithecus africanus means
(A) Southern ape from Africa
(B) Australian ape from. Africa
(C) Primate of the African Savannah
(D) Hunter/Gatherer of Africa
29. The Jainas made a contribution in the realm of
(A) demerits of Caste system
(B) merits of Caste system
30. According to which theory is health a matter of balance between the opposites ‘hot’ and ‘cold, ‘wet’ and ‘dry’?
(A) Cognitive theory
(B) Humoral theory
(C) Explanatory theory
(D) Bio-medical theory
31. Consider the following statements:
Assertion (A): Tribe and band are two types of different political organizations.
Reason (R): – Informal multi-local political integration distinguishes tribe from that of band.
Select your answer according to the coding scheme given below :
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation that distinguishes tribe from band.
(B) Both ((A) and (R) are true, but (R) is the not the correct explanation
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
32. The study of culture through the interpretation of a society’s symbols, values, beliefs and ethos is known as
(A) Cultural Anthropology
(B) Symbolic Anthropology
(C) Social Anthropology
(D) Socio-cultural Anthropology
33. Second molar tooth of the permanent set erupts by ……… years of age in human beings.
34. One of the types of statistical measures is
(A) measures of inference
(B) measures of deduction
(C) measures of central tendency
(D) measures of reasoning
35. In the ethnographic description of specific economic system, the emphasis is primarily given to
(A) How universal are the basic assumptions the economists make about human behaviour
(B) Understanding economics of non-industrial societies by using formal economic theory
(C) Different ways in which economic systems are interrelated with other aspects of social system
(D) Development of economic theory from the data of specific economic systems of a preindustrial society.
36. Which of the following best characterises the ‘big man’ in the native cultures of South Pacific?
(A) Leadership confined to one village
(B) Selfish and greedy
(C) Works hard, in order to give away the fruits of his labour
(D) Hoards wealth and is stingy
37. Kenyapithecus may called as,
38. If the descent is traced through father in every generation, it is called
(A) Matrilineal descent
(B) Ambilineal descent
(C) Patrilineal descent
(D) Bilateral descent
39. Mechanisms through which disease affects human biological and cultural evolution include
(A) large scale mortality from epidemics
(B) excess mortality from endemic diseases
(D) all of these
40. ‘The Right to Access to Justice’ is one of the four guarantees provided in which convention in the year 1998?
(A) Ecuador Convention
(B) Mataatua Convention
(C) de Lei No Convention
(D) Aarhus Convention
41. Vidyarthi’s concept to study Hindu city of Gaya is
(A) Sacred Grooves
(B) Sacred Cities
(C) Sacred Complex
(D) Sacred Societies.
42. The first physician to analyze in detail the activity of human genes in terms of biochemistry is
(A) M. E. Bernstein
(B) A. E. Garrod
(C) Montague M. F. Ashley
(D) H. J. Miiller
43. Julian Steward’s approach falls under
(A) Unilinear Evolutionism
(B) Multilinear Evolutionism
(C) Specified / General Evolutionism
(D) Universal Evolutionism.
44. There is no possibility of having children with …….. if both the parents have AB blood group.
(A) AB blood group
(B) A blood group
(C) B blood group
(D) O blood group
45. Which of the following bogus links to human origins was found in England?
(A) Piltdown man
(C) The Taung body
(D) Homo habilis
46. Who authored the book “The Rites of Passage”?
(A) V. Turner
(B) R. A. Rappaport
(C) A. Van Gennep
(D) M. Harris
47. Hypergamy means
(A) awoman marrying a man from a higher caste family
(B) a woman marrying a man from a lower castle family
(C) a woman marrying a man outside her community
(D) none of these
48. When a relationship is traced through a common male ancestor, such relationship is known as
(A) Agnatic kin
(B) Uterin kin
(C) Lineal kin
(D) Lateral kin.
49. The rule that requires selection of spouse from outside one’s own kin group, or community is known by the term
50. In 1911 Census officers enumerated the aboriginal groups as :
(A) Tribal Animists
(C) Indigenous People