WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Question Papers is given on our page. Check the Syllabus and Exam Pattern details for Assistant Town Planner in the section following. We advise referring the exam pattern before downloading the WBPSC Question Paper with Answers Pdf.
Candidates who are looking for the PSCWB Assistant Town Planner Question Paper can get in this section. Aspirants just need to click on the links given in the tabular columns below and download free pdf. Also, find the sample study material given below.
WB PSC Previous Papers helps the applicants during the preparation. We have given the direct link for WB PSC exam study material in the section below. Hence, check the details given and download the material given and start your preparation today.
Many candidates are applying for the West Bengal Public Service Commission Assistant Town Planner Jobs. Interested aspirants of Central Government Jobs can apply Online for these Jobs before due date. Please check the WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern to get an idea about the test pattern. Then, you can plan the time management and prepare with the help of West Bengal Public Service Commission Previous Years Papers.
You can download the PSCWB Assistant Town Planner Old Papers from below direct attachments of Pdf. Click on the link of West Bengal Public Service Commission Previous Papers to get them for free. So, go through the link to check the syllabus and PSCWB Previous Papers for scoring maximum marks.
Assistant Town Planner Previous Year Question
1. What was the central issue in the Romance Empire?
(a) Economic development
(c) Political leadership
(d) Both (b) and (c)
2. Which one of the following is Village Planning?
3. Le Corbusier got the idea of the design of Chandigarh from
(a) Garden city
(b) Human body
(c) Timgad city
(d) Layout of Rome
4. Who was the originator of the idea and technique of Regional Survey and City survey?
(a) Lewis Mumford
(b) Tony Garnier
(c) Ebenezer Howard
(d) Patrick Geddes
5. Who published the book of ‘Garden Cities of Tomorrow’?
(a) Ebenezer Howard
(b) Lewis Mumford
(c) Patrick Geddes
(d) Ludwing Hilberseimer
6. Who introduced the concept of ‘La Cite Industrielle’-a modern Industrial City?
(a) Peter Hall
(b) Ludwing Hilberseimer
(c) Tony Garnier
(d) Lewis Mumford
7. What are the three essential objects or ideals of any town planning scheme?
(a) Beauty, convenience and health
(b) Beauty, location and health
(c) Convenience, location and health
(d) Beauty, convenience and location
8. Which one of the following is not functional aspects responsible for the original of town?
(a) Green belt
9. Conurbation means
(a) Cluster of Cities & Towns
(b) Cities of Cities
(c) Group of states
(d) None of these
10. Who has given the concept of urban fringe?
(a) MN Srinivas
(b) KM Kapadia
(c) SC Dude
(d) None of these
11. The Renaissance or re-birth, an idea originating in Italy, which shook almost half the globe, was a result of
(a) Medieval period
(b) Ancient period
(c) Modern period
(d) None of these
12. What is the policy related to urbanization in the third five-year plan?
(a) Controlling population increase
(b) Organising and controlling the use of available space without wastage
(c) The establishment of new industries away from large congested cities
(d) Creating space by using above surface and below surface areas, wherever possible, without damage to ecology and environment
13. The shift of a population from the countryside to cities is called
(c) An ecological footprint
(d) Land preservation
14. Urban sprawl affects which of the following?
(b) Public health
(d) All of these
15. Which of the following is a principle of smart growth?
(a) Building up, not spreading out
(b) Creating neighbourhoods that require cars to get around
(c) Protecting wildlife habitats
(d) Focusing development outside of existing cities
16. In Burgess’ concentric zone model, the zone of transition became
(b) Determined with more CBD encroachment
(c) A gentrified upscale new urban neighbourhood
(d) A working-class area
17. The multiple nuclei theory best explains why different neighbourhood of a city attract people of different
(d) Educational experiences
18. The focal point of the Southeast Asian city is the
(b) Old colonial port zone
(d) Alien commercial zone
19. The core of a city is called the
(a) Urban zone
(b) Colonial cities
(d) Central business district
20. Mexico City and Sao Paolo are examples of
(b) Colonial cities
(c) South American cities
(d) Capital cities
Assistant Town Planner Syllabus
- MCQ type question with 100 Questions carrying 1 (one) mark each. There will be negative marking (0.33 mark) for each wrong answer.
- Time : 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Distribution of Marks :
- Country & Town Planning = 60 marks
- English = 15 marks (Madhyamik Standard)
- G.K. = 15 marks ( -do- )
- Arithmetic = 10 marks ( -do- )
Syllabus of Country & Town Planning
1. Planning History and Theory:
- Evolution of City Building.
- Planning History – Town Planning in ancient India, Indus Valley Civilization, medieval period.
- Definitions and Objectives of Planning.
- Theories of City Development and Planning Theories.
- Implication of Urban Design in Urban Planning.
2. Demographic and Socio-Economic Basis of Planning:
- Characteristic of Demography.
- Nature and Scope of Sociology.
- Community and Settlements.
- Elements of Micro and Macro Economics.
- Development Economics and Lessons from Indian Experiences.
3. Statistical Methods and Planning Techniques:
- Survey techniques and mapping – Basic methods of various types of surveys, collection of data, methods adopted to collection of data standards for
development and re-development of residential, commercial, industrial and recreational areas, land use planning, inclusive planning and sustainable development, Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Analytical Methods.
- Demography and Demographic Methods.
- Planning Standards & Guideline – URDPFI, Model Building Bylaws, Guidelines of Smart City, AMRUT etc.
- GIS Application, remote Sensing & GIS Mapping.
- Statistical Applications.
4. City and Metropolitan Planning:
- Urban growth and systems of cities.
- City – region linkages.
- Metro and Mega cities – Problems, issues and innovative approach for mitigation.
- Master planning and Zoning – Objects and necessity of Master plan, stages in preparation of master plan, principles of zoning, development control regulations (DCR), local area plans.
- Human settlement planning, Urban Development policies and Programmes.
5. Regional Planning:
- Concept of Region.
- Planning principle involved in delineation of region.
6. Housing Environments and Planning:
- Concepts and Definition.
- Socio Economic Dimension.
- Housing policy, Agencies involved in housing, infrastructure planning for housing, different categories of houses HUDCO norms, requirements and classification of residential buildings. Fundamentals of Development Control Norms / concepts behind development of area specific byelaws (for eg. Heritage & Conservation areas).
- Housing environment.
- Nature of housing problem, housing shortage, causes of slums and squatter settlements, computation of housing need and demand, informal housing.
- Housing policy in developed and developing countries, focus of national five year plans, rent control and urban land ceiling and regulation act, national housing policy.
- Slum upgradation and slum improvement techniques, self-help housing.
7. Infrastructure Planning:
- Role of infrastructure.
- Planning and management of Water supply and sanitation, Solid Waste, waste water disposal, transportation, Fire and electrification.
- Need assessment and planning for social infrastructure.
- Disaster and Risk Management.
8. Traffic and Transport Planning:
- Principles of traffic and transportation planning.
- Transportation infrastructure planning, design and management.
- Transportation systems; technological characteristics of transport modes and systems; the nature of demand and supply of transport services.
- Land use – transportation inter-relationships; transportation planning process.
- Travel demand forecasting.
- Planning of public transport systems; intermediate public transport modes; Planning considerations for goods transportations; Traffic flow characteristics; Traffic analyses and design considerations; design of intersections; traffic signals and street lighting; local area traffic management; Recent innovations in technologies and its probable impacts on future urban forms.
- Environmental impacts of traffic; energy issues in transportation; transportation safety.
- Government transport policies and evaluation of transportation proposals.
9. Town planning legislation:
- Understanding of Law.
- Planning Legislation and Policy Formulation and Appraisal.
- West Bengal Town & Country (Planning & Development) Act, 1979.
- West Bengal Municipal Act, 1993.
- West Bengal Municipal Corporation Act, 2006.
- Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC), 2007.
- 74th Amendment of Constitution.
- Model Building Bylaws, Guidelines of Smart City, AMRUT.
10. Inclusive Urban Planning:
- Stakeholders Profile and Needs, Access to Shelter, Services and Livelihoods.
- Participatory Planning Process and Policies, Programmes and Legislation.
- Planning interventions.
11. Urban Heritage Conservation:
- Urban Heritage.
- Heritage Conservation.
- Heritage and Tourism, Policies and Programmes, Legislation.
- Design in Human Habitation.
12. Industrial planning:
- Classification of industries.
- Selection of site / location for industries.
- Planning of industrial estate, Industrial wastes, treatment.
13. Environment, Development and Disaster Management:
- Environment, Development and Disaster Management – Interface.
- Environmental Management.
- Disaster Mitigation and Management.
- Policies and Legislation pertaining to Environment and Disaster Management.
14. Planning for Tourism:
- Tourism Sector – impacts.
- Planning for Tourism.
- Policies and Programmes.
15. Urban Development and Management:
- Introduction to Development Management.
- Urban Development Management.
- Land and Real Estate Development.
- Information Systems and Urban Reforms.
16. Project Planning and Management:
- Project planning.
- Project Formulation and Appraisal.
- Project Management and Implementation and Project Evaluation and Monitoring.
- Regulatory Frameworks Governing Projects.
17. Urban Governance:
- Overview of Urban Governance.
- Legislations pertaining to Urban Governance.
- Institutions and Organizations.
- Urban Local Governance and Participatory Processes.
18. Politics and Planning:
- Interface between Politics and Planning.
- City and the State.
- Politics related to Planning and Development.
- Politics and Civil Society.
19. Energy, Climate Change and Urban Development:
- Energy Generation and Consumption.
- Energy Planning and Management and Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
- Plans, Polices and Strategies.
20. Development Finance:
- Overview of Development Finance.
- State Finance.
- Municipal Finance.
- Investment Planning and Financing Mechanism.
WBPSC Model Question
Have you applied for WB PSC Assistant Town Planner Recruitment and searching for WB PSC Previous Papers? Check the Latest solved papers of WB PSC Assistant Town Planner exam papers for the following sections. This WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Previous Year Exam Papers will help the aspirants to crack the exam easily. With the aid of these West Bengal Public Service Commission solved Papers, the candidate can estimate the level of difficulty of the exam.
The candidates who are preparing for PSCWB Assistant Town Planner exam conducting by West Bengal Public Service Commission can also get the Exam Pattern along Previous Exam Papers with Solutions.
Assistant Town Planner Sample Papers
Solve WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Question and answers enclosed in the previous year’s question papers Pdf below. Referring to all the papers given helps the candidates with time management in the main examination. Also, helps in understanding the exam paper easily and score marks. Hope our material helps you in preparation. Share the URL with friends who are looking for WBPSC Assistant Town Planner question paper pdf.
Practices PSCWB Assistant Town Planner Previous Year Papers? Need more WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Model Question Papers, then stay. We will update few more WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Question PDF after we find them in different resources. Download the WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Previous Papers along with Answers and prepare well to show your best in the exam. West Bengal Public Service Commission Assistant Town Planner previous year question papers with answers pdf are given here.
Aspirants can download the pdf for free of cost. PSCWB Assistant Town Planner previous papers help the applicants in preparation. Hence, find the direct download links below and start your preparation today.