Plant Kingdom Questions and Answers
Plant Kingdom Questions and Answers Papers is given below. The Aspirants can check the Plant Kingdom NEET Questions Papers and Study Material in the sections below. Also, download the Free Plant Kingdom NEET MCQ Question Papers, Model Papers Pdf from the direct links below.
Also, interested candidates can check the Plant Kingdom Class 11 Important Questions and Answers, Syllabus & Exam Pattern details here.
Preparing for the Quiz on Plant Kingdom? Then have a look at some of the Plant Kingdom Questions and Answers Study Material and Model Papers PDF. Just Click on the link below and download free Previous Year NEET Questions on Plant Kingdom Papers PDF.
Candidates can download the Pdf by just clicking on the download link below. However, the list of Plantae Scientific Name given below is only for reference. Hope our Plantae Species Questions and Answers helps you in your preparation and in scoring good marks. And Searching for the Plant Kingdom Classification Questions and Answers Papers.
Then you are at the right Place to download the Algae Kingdom Questions and Answers Pdf at free of cost. For all the applied candidates, we provided the Characteristics of the Plant Kingdom Question Papers.
If you practice Plant Kingdom NEET Questions papers you can answer more questions in the Examination. And also can answer easily. On this Page, we have provided the free downloading Links of Previous Year NEET Questions on Plant Kingdom.
Questions and Answers on Plant Kingdom
1. Conifers are adapted to tolerate extreme environmental condition because of –
A. broad hardy leaves
B. superficial stomata
C. thick cuticle
D. the presence of vessels
2. Which one of the following statement is wrong?
A. Algae increase the level of dissolved oxygen in 10 the immediate environment
B. Algin is obtained from red algae and carrageenan from brown algae
C. Agar-agar is obtained from Gelidium and Gracilaria
D. Laminaria and Sargassum are used as food
3. State the correct statement.
A. Salvinia, Ginkgo and Pinus all are gymnosperms
B. Sequoia is one of the tallest tree
C. The leaves of gymnosperms are not well adapted to extremes of climate
D. Gymnosperms are both homosporous and heterosporous
4. In bryophytes and pteridophytes, transport of male gametes requires-
5. Assertion: Sphagnum is slowly carbonised, compressed and fossilised over thousands of years of produce a dark spongy mass called peat.
Reason: Peat helps to keep soil porous and it also improves water holding capacity of the soil.
A. If both assertion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanationof assertion.
B. If both assertion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion.
C. If assertion is true but reason is false.
D. If both assertion and reason are false.
6. Which of the following are homosporous pteridophytes?
A. I and IV only
B. II and III only
C. II and IV only
D. III and IV only
7. Read the following statements regarding bryophytes and choose the incorrect option.
A. Gametophytic phase is dominant in life cycle
B. Fertilisation takes place in presence of water
C. Zygote undergoes meiosis to produced sporophyte
D. Sporophyte is physiologically dependent on gametophte
8. Green blue algae can be as long as-
A. 200 μm
B. 100 μm
C. 0 μm
D. 100 μm
9. Double fertilization is exhibited by-
10. Select the mismatch-
C. Salvinia – Heterosporous
11. An example of colonial alga is-
12. Which one of the following is wrong for fungi?
A. They are eukaryotic
B. All fungi possess a purely cellulosic cell wall
C. They are heterotrophic
D. They are both unicellular and multicellular
13. Select the wrong statement –
A. The walls of diatoms are easily destructible
B. ‘Diatomaceous earth’ is formed by the cell walls of diatoms
C. Diatoms are chief producers in the oceans
D. Diatoms are microscopic and float passively in water
14. This is also called a ‘walking fern’-
15. Which of the following groups of algae produces algin?
A. Phaeophyceae and Chlorophyceae
B. Rhodophyceae and Phaeophyceae
C. Cholorophyceae and Rhodophyce
D. Phaeophyceae only
16. Which one is called walking tern?
17. Which one is calyciflorae?
18. Which one is not free living protozoa?
19. Which one is holophytic protozoa?
20. Night fiowers are mostly
21. What is the order of Tulsi?
22. Rust is a
D. slime mould
23. Read the following five statements (I to V) and select the option with all correct statements.
I. Mosses and lichens are the first organisms to colonise a bare rock.
II. Selaginella is a homosporous pteridopnyte
III. Coralloid roots in Cycas have VAM
IV. Main plant body in bryophytes in gametophytic, whereas in pteridophytes it is sporophyuic
V. In 8ymnosperms, male and female gametophytes are present within sporangia 1ocated on sporophyte
A. I, II and IV
B. I, II and IV
C. II, III and V
D. I, IV and V
24. In which of the following gametophyte is not independent free living?
25. Which of the following statements is wrong?
A. Agin and carrageenan are products of algae
B. Agar-agar is obtained from Gelidium and Gracilaria
C. Chlorella and Spirulina are used as space food.
D. Mannitol is stored food in Rhodophyceae
26. Male gametes are flagellated in
27. Which one is a wrong statements?
A. Archegonia are found in Bryophyta, Pteridophyta and Gymnosperms
B. Mucorhas biflagellate zoospores
C. Haploid endosperm is typical feature of Bymnosperm.
D. Brown algae have chlorophyl-a and C, and fucoxanthin
28. Pick out the statement that does not apply to bryophytes
A. Includes the fern and horsetail
B. Thallus is a gametophyte
C. Sporophyte showS foot, seta and capsule
D. Gemmae help in reproduction
29. Which of the following is a characteristic feature of Bymmosperm?
A. The gymnosperms are homosporous
B. The male and female gametophytes do not have independent free living existence
C. The sporophyte Is dependent on gametophyte
D. The ovules are enclosed by the ovary
30. Which one of the following is considered important in the development of seed habit?
C. Dependent sporophyte
D. Free living gametophyte
31. Which out of the following is a mismatched pair?
A. Rhodophyceae-Floridean startch, phycoerythrin
B. Chlorophyceae-Laminarin, Mannitol
C. Rhodophyceae-Non-flagellated gametes
D. Phaeophyceae-Chlorophyl d and C fucoxanthin
32. Which of the following statements is not true regarding pteridophytes?
A. Few pteridophytes are heterosporous
B. Spores are tomred after meiosis in ferns.
C. They possess vascular tissues
D. Their main plant body is haploid.
33. Which of the following is a member of order Sphagnales?
34. In which of the following plants stomata are not found in the dominant stage of the life cycle?
35. A rootless truly vascular fossil plant is
B. Aglaophyton major
C. steroxylon mackjei
D. Both (a) and (c)
36. Which of the given genera is homosporous?
37. Which is not a Bryophyta?
38. This provides brown colour to the algae:
A. Chlorophyll a
D. Chlorophyll b
39. Which one is a red algae?
40. Which group has the highest number of species among these?
41. Choose the correct statement –
A. Members of phycomycetes are facultative parasites on plants
B. Fusion of protoplams between two motile or non-motile gametes is called plasmogamy
C. Kingdom plantae includes all eukaryotic chlorophyll containing organisms and non chlorophyll organisms called plants
D. Trichoderma belongs to basidiomycetes
E. Euglenoids include diatoms
42. Besides paddy fields, cyanobacteria are also found inside vegetative part of
43. Pigment containing membranous extensions in some cyanobacteria are
D. basal bodies
44. Which of the following are likely to be present in deep sea water
C. Blue-green algae
D. Saprophytic fungi
45. Select the wrong statement.
A. Isogametes are similar in structure, function behavior
B. Anisogametes differ in structure, function and behavior
C. In oogamous, female gamete is smaller and motile, while male gamete is larger and non motile
D. Chlamydomonas exhibits both isogamy and anisogamy and fucus shows oogamy.
46. which one of the following Is a correct statement
A. Pteridophytc gametophyte has a protonema and leaty stage
B. In gymnosperms female gametophyte is free living
C. Antheridiophores and archegoniophores are present in pteridophytes
D. Origin of seed habit can be traced in pteridophytes
47. Monoecious plant of Chara shows Occurrence of
A. antheidiophore and archegoniphore on the same plant
B. stamen and carple on the same plant
C. upper antheridium and lower oogonium on the same plant
D. upper oogonium and lower antheridium on the Same plant
48. Cycas and Adiantum resemble each other in having
D. Motile sperms
49. Which one of the following shows isogamy with non-flagellated gametes?
50. Which one of the following Is wrong about Chara?
A. Upper oogonium and lower round antheridium
B. Globule and nucule present on the same plant
C. Upper antheridium and lower oogonium
D. Globule is male reproductive structure