The Free download links of Library Classification Multiple Choice Questions Practice Papers enclosed below. Candidates who are going to start their preparation for the Library Classification Multiple Choice Questions can make use of these links.
Download the Library Classification Multiple Choice Questions Papers PDF along with the Answers.
1. Fresh book bills should tally with
(a) Requisition list
(b) Ordered list
(c) Already procured list
(d) Proposed list
2. What should be pasted on the first page after the book cover?
(a) Date label
(b) Book pocket
(c) Ownership slip
(d) Accession label
3. Issuing of books by a two card system is called
(a) Two card charging system
(b) Browne charging system
(c) Gaylord charging system
(d) Dick-man Book charging system
4. ‘Reader’s Ticket, Book Ticket’ method of charging was devised by
(a) Nina E. Browne
(c) S.R. Ranganathan
5. Which section of a library is responsible for shelving of books?
6. For overdue books, what type of letter is to be issued?
(a) Renewal notice
(c) Re-issue notice
7. Bespoken books are
(a) Issued books
(b) Returned books
(c) Renewed books
(d) Reserved books
8. The first job involved in preparing books for binding is
(a) To collate them
(b) Cutting the swelling at the centre
(c) Refolding of sheets of books
(d) Guarding the folds of damaged leaves
9. Why is it felt necessary to replace some of the lost library books?
(a) The library holding will remain intact
(b) No gap is created in the usual library service
(c) No one will be aware of the incident
(d) Authorities usually want to replace
10. For which purpose is shelf List Cards used?
(c) Stock verification
Library Science MCQS
11. What is the name of a stock verification method, where only few sections which are mostly in use are checked thoroughly?
(a) Random stock verification
(b) Sample stock verification
(c) Section stock verification
(d) Partial stock verification
12. Who/what are the greatest enemy of books?
(b) Human beings
(c) White ants
13. Which kind of binding should be provided for heavily used periodicals?
(a) Cotton cloth
(b) Linen buckram
(c) Transparent plastic
14. Which is a human process and flows from experience, observation, interaction and reading?
(d) Diffusion of information
15. Ideas, theories, hypotheses about relationships which exist among the variables in the area of a problem is called which type of information?
(a) Procedural information
(b) Empirical information
(c) Conceptual information
(d) Stimulatory information
16. How many parameters of information have been recognised?
17. The swelling sea of recorded knowledge has generated a high powered flood of
(d) Private libraries
18. For a reader/listener, which is related to ‘News’?
19. In which source of information do you find unfiltered original ideas?
20. Whose aim is not to impart information about a specific subject, but to enable one to develop proper understanding of the subject?
(b) Abstracting Periodicals
(d) Text book
LIS Quiz Unit Wise Test
21. Which usually contain data in the form of tables?
(d) Indexing periodicals
22. Books which are designed to be consulted or referred to from time to time for a specific piece of information are categorised as
(b) Reference books
(c) Documented books
23. Which is the alternative name of dictionaries?
24. Which covers information of the previous year, as well as considerable amount of retrospective materials?
25. Which is a geographical dictionary of places arranged alphabetically?
(a) Map & Atlas
(b) Guide book
26. Which is a compendium of current information for the previous year?
(b) Year book
27. What type of encyclopaedia is ‘Encyclopaedia Britannica’?
28. What is the full form of ‘INIS’?
(a) International Nascent Information System
(b) International Nuclear Information System
(c) Institute of National Information System
(d) Institute of Nascent Information System
29. What is the other name for Book ends?
(a) Book cover
(b) Book support
(d) Book jacket
30. What is the other name for Circulation department of a library?
(a) Loan department
(c) Property counters
Important Questions for Library and Information Science
31. Which of the following system is introduced by Ralph R Shaw in a library?
(b) Book card
32. Who inaugurated Delhi Public Library in 1951?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Lord Curzon
(c) Rajendra Prasad
(d) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
33. Which of the following is known as ‘Trinity of library?’
(a) Books, readers and staff
(b) Books, readers and computers
(c) Readers, Staff and Furniture
(d) Books, staff and building
34. A combination of Collection number, Classification number and Book number is called:
(a) Call number
(c) Accession number
35. Shelf list facilitates:
(c) Stock verification
36. Which of the following is an acronym?
37. ISBN consists of:
(a) 12 digits
(b) 15 digits
(c) 9 digits
(d) 13 digits
38. INSDOC has been merged with NISCOM and is now known as:
39. Which is headquarters for IFLA?
(b) New Delhi
(c) New York
(d) The Hague
40. Handling of information in the sense of production is called:
(a) Information explosion
(b) Information marketing
(c) Information Retrieval
(d) Information Seeking Behaviour
41. Informal communication among knowledgeable person is known as:
(a) Invisible college
(d) None of these
42. RRRLF was formed in the year:
43. Resource sharing is a part of:
(b) Library cooperation
44. The Librarian Day is celebrated on:
(a) 12 August
(b) 22 August
(c) 2 November
(d) 22 March
45. Fumigation is in the Library section of:
46. Browne system belongs to:
(a) Circulation section
(b) Periodical section
47. Grey Literature means:
(a) Trade documents
(b) Unpublished documents
(d) Reference sources
48. The headquarters of IASLIC is:
(a) New Delhi
49. ‘Fair use’ is a term most relevant to:
(c) Library Cooperation
(d) User education
50. Which organisation has introduced the concept of ‘sister libraries’ for children and young adult reading?