Important Questions for Library and Information Science
The Free download links of Important Questions for Library and Information Science Practice Papers enclosed below. Candidates who are going to start their preparation for the Important Questions for Library and Information Science can make use of these links.
Download the Important Questions for Library and Information Science Papers PDF along with the Answers.
1. Who gave the sixth law of library science ‘Every reader his/her freedom’?
(a) James R.Rettig
(b) Melvil Dewey
(d) Krishan Kumar
2. Encyclopedia of Library and Information Science is published by:
(a) Marcel Dekker
(b) Oxford Books
(c) S.Chand & Co
3. Study carrels are exclusive area meant for:
4. Payments for the book purchased can be made only after:
(a) Duplicat checking
(c) Technical work
5. Getting books back from the users and releasing the borrowers’ tickets are known as:
6. While entering the library, the personal belongings of a reader are kept in:
(a) Book racks
(b) Property Counter
(c) Drop box
7. Who prescribed certain standards for book binding?
8. In India, ‘National Library Week’ is observed in the month of:
9. Which country developed the idea of Standard Book Number?
(c) Great Britain
10. What is the equivalent of the term ‘Information Science’ used in USA?
(a) Library Science
(b) Information System
(c) Information Technology
Library Classification Multiple Choice Questions
11. Who first used the term ‘Documentation’?
(a) Paul Otlet
(c) W.A. Borden
(d) J K Khanna
12. The first centre to use computer in the library and information activities in India is:
(b) National Library
(c) Parliament Library
13. Library building is one of the implications of which laws of library science?
(a) Second Law
(b) First Law
(c) Fourth law
(d) Third Law
14. Head of the National Library of India is called:
(a) Chief Librarian
(b) Library & Information Officer
(c) Library Manager
15. The library for the people, of the people and by the people is called
(a) General Library
(b) Special library
(c) People library
(d) Public Library
16. Public libraries are the gift of
(c) The English
17. ‘Five Laws of Library Science’ was published in which year?
18. The five laws of library science by Ranganathan is an example of
(a) Applied Research
(b) Pure Research
(c) Fundamental Research
(d) Survey Research
19. Which law of Library Science emphasizes the obligation of ‘state’ to enact library legislation
20. Those who come to make use of the libraries are called
21. The users of the libraries in America are called
22. What does ‘Initiation of readers’ mean?
23. Which College experimented User’s education for the first time?
(a) Ohio College
(b) Simmons College
(c) Montieth College
(d) Graduate School of Librarianship
24. Who said ‘to provide best books to the maximum readers at the least cost’?
(b) Melvil Dewey
25. Which one is not a tool for book selection?
(b) Publisher’s Catalogue
(c) Accession register
(d) Book seller’s catalogues
26. What type of Library is All India Radio Library, Aizawl Station?
(a) Tape Library
(b) Tattle Library
(c) Special Library
(d) Provincial Library
27. KARDEX system is used for keeping the record of
(c) Books and Periodicals
28. Under which organ of the Central Government, the National Library of India works?
(a) Ministry of Education
(b) Planning Commission
(c) University Grants Commission
(d) Ministry of Culture
29. What was the most essential factor for the organization of the Library?
30. While planning the library, the readers, location and what other should be kept in mind.
31. The POSDCORB formula is mint for the
(a) Principles of management
(b) Functions of Administration
(c) Principles of administration
(d) Principles of organization
32. UGC in India is established for the development of
(b) Primary Education
(c) Higher Education
(d) Secondary Education
33. Who established ‘Delhi Public Library’?
(a) Government of India
(b) UNESCO and Government of India
(c) National Library Kolkota
(d) Indian Library Association
34. Which one is not the part of Resource sharing?
(a) Acquisition of books
(b) Lending of books
(c) Storage of books
(d) Personnel management
35. Staff exchange is a part of :
(a) Resource sharing
(b) Cooperative cataloguing
(c) Personnel management
(d) Inter library loan
36. Which name was given to ‘Book Mobiles’ by Ranganathan?
(a) Book mobile
(b) Book bus
37. In which State of India, the first mobile library was started?
(a) Andra Pradesh
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Tamil Nadu
38. In the University libraries, who is the Chairman of the library committee?
(a) Vice Chancellor
(d) Finance Officer
39. Where was the first public library set up in India?
40. What is called the library which is established by the central government at a central place?
(a) Central library
(b) National library
(c) Public library
(d) Central Public library
41. To which category does State Central Library belong?
(a) Academic Library
(b) Public Library
(c) Special Library
(d) National Library
42. A library is regarded as a
(a) Lifelong self-education
(b) Place of leisure
(c) Social Institution
(d) None of these
43. Which term was coined by Dr.S.R.Ranganathan for mobile libraries?
(a) Moving Library
(b) Library machine
(c) Library on wheels
(d) All of these
44. Classification of all types of libraries has been made by
45. UNESCO assisted Model Public Library in India is located at:
46. Which type of books should be weeded in a library?
(a) Superseeded editions
47. According to General Financial Rules, 2005, loss of how many volumes per thousand volumes issued/ consulted in a year is to be taken as reasonable?
48. According to Ranganathan, many collections lose its relevance in how many years?
(a) 20 years
(b) 30 years
(c) 40 years
(d) 50 years
49. The UNESCO Public Library Manifesto was first issued in
50. First time efforts for the development of libraries in India were made by:
(c) Sayaji Rao Gaekwad-I
(d) Sayaji Rao Gaekwad-III