Last 5 years Indian History Questions and Answers Papers provided here. Candidates who are applied for the competitive exam can check and download the history of Indian MCQ from here. We have updated history of Indian topics GK Papers to present you a scheme on how to plan for the exam.
Download pdf Indian history quiz Last Year Solved Question Papers from the link provided. Therefore, if you are among the one who is searching for the Indian history quiz Old Papers, then you can check here.
Hence, go through the following sections and download the Indian quiz Model General Knowledge Question Papers Pdf. Interested aspirants can also check the Indian quiz Test Pattern.
Questions and Answers on Indian History
1. When Mahatma Gandhi was arrested who among the following took over the leadership of Salt Satyagraha ?
(A) Vinoba Bhave
(B) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
(C) Abbas Tyabji
(D) Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
2. In which session of Congress the demand of “Poorna Swaraj” was accepted as the aim of the Congress ?
3. Who was the leader of the Bardoli Satyagraha ?
(A) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(B) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
(D) Acharya J. B. Kripalani
4. “Go back to Vedas.” This call given by
(A) Ramakrishna Paramah-amsa
(C) Jyotiba Phule
(D) Daynand Saraswati
5. Naokhali is situated in—
(A) West Bengal
6. Mahatma Gandhi was first arrested during ‘Satyagrah’ in the year—
7. What was the basis of transfer of power to India on 15th August by ?
(A) On this day the Indian National Congress had demanded “Poorna Swaraj”.
(B) On this day Mahatma Gandhi started ‘Quit India Movement’.
(C) Anniversary of formation of Interim Government
(D) Anniversary of the surrender of Japanese army before Admiral Mountbatten
8. Permanent Revenue settlement of Bengal was introduced by :
9. The father of extremist movement in India is :
(A) Motilal Nehru
(B) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(C) Vallabhbhai Patel
(D) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
10. Through which principle or device did Gandhiji strive to bridge economic inequalities?
(A) Abolition of machinery
(B) Establishment of village industries
(C) Trusteeship theory
(D) None of the above
11. Where is Muslim mosque situated where a hair of pagamber Mohammad Saheb has been preserved ?
12. Which is the correct chronolo-gical order of following ‘Acharyas’?
(B) Chaitanya–Ramanuj a–Madhav–Shankara
13. The capital city ‘Daydo’ established by Kublai Khan is situated at—
(A) Samar qand
(C) Ulan Battor
(D) Alma Atta
14. The Mughal painting reaches its/ zenith during the reign of :
15. The capital of the Yadava rulers was :
16. The Bahmani kingdom was founded by
(A) Ahmad Shah I
(B) Alauddin Hasan
(C) Mahmud Gavan
(D) Firuz Shah Bahmani
17. The Dilwara temple at Mount Abu in Rajasthan were built by the followers of
18. Alberuni came to India with
(A) Mahmud of Ghazni
19. Which of the following is in the World Heritage list ?
(B) Nalanda ruins
(C) Hampi ruins
20. Where did the traveller Ibn Batuta come from ?
(D) Central Asia
21. Who built the Khajuraho temples?
(C) Bundela Rajputs
(D) Chandela Rajputs
22. The ‘Kirti Stambha’ (Tower of Victory) at Chittor was built by—
(A) Rana Pratap
(B) Rana Kumbha
(C) Rana Sanga
(D) Bappa Raval
23. Who got the monumental ‘Rayagopurams’ in front of the temples at Hampi, Tiruv-annamalai, Chidambaram, Srirangam, Tirupati, etc., constructed?
24. Which of the following architectural wonders was not constructed in the 12th A.D.?
(A) Sun-temple of Konark
(B) Temple of Khajuraho
(D) Notre Dam, the Paris
25. Where was saint Kabir born ?
26. Which of the following languages was in vogue during Mughal period in the courts of India ?
27. The writer of Ram Charit Manas, Tulsidas, was related to which ruler ?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
(B) Nawab Vajid Ali Sah
28. Which Sufi’s dargah is at Ajmer?
(A) Baba Farid
(B) Qutb-din Bakhtiyar Kaki
(C) Moinuddin Chisti
(D) Khwaja Bahuddin
29. Who was the architect who designed ‘Taj Mahal’ ?
(A) Mohammad Hussain
(C) Shah Abbas
30. The Assam State derives its name from that of a tribe that conquered the region. Where did the tribesmen come from ?
(C) Burma (now Myanmar)
(D) Siam (now Thailand)
31. Which among the following chronology is correct regarding four ‘samvatas’ ?
32. The home of Gargi, Maitrey, and Kapila was at
33. Which area of India was known as Avantika in ancient times ?
34. The Social System of the Harappans was :
(A) Fairly egalitarian
(B) Slave-Labour based
(C) Colour (Varna) based
(D) Caste based
35. Which of the following Vedas provides information about the civilisation of the Early Vedic Age?
36. The university which became famous in the post-Gupta Era was :
37. Banabhatta was the court poet of which emperor ?
38. The first Indian ruler, who established the supremacy of Indian Navy in the Arabian Sea was :
(A) Rajaraja I
(B) Rajendra I
(C) Rajadhiraja I
(D) Kulottunga I
39. Which statement on the Harappan Civilisation is correct?
(A) Horse sacrifice was known to them.
(B) Cow was sacred to them.
(C) ‘Pashupati’ was venerated by them.
(D) The culture was not generally static.
40. The First Tirthankara of the Jains was :
41. The great silk-route to the Indians was opened by :
42. The rulers of which dynasty started the practice of granting tax-free villages to Brahmanas and Buddhist Monks?
43. The most important text of vedic mathematics is :
(A) Satapatha Brahman
(B) Atharva Veda
(C) Sulva Sutras
(D) Chhandogya Upanishad
44. Yavanika or curtain was introduced in Indian theatre by which of the following?
45. Who started the Saka Era which is still used by the Government of India?
(C) Samudra Gupta
46. What inspired the paintings of Ajanta ?
(A) Compassionate Buddha
(B) Radha-Krishan Leela
(C) Jain Thirthankaras
(D) Mahabharata encounters
47. Who among the following was the first to invade India ?
48. Which among the following is the oldest dynasty ?
49. With which of the following is the classic “Jivaka Chintamani” in Tamil associated ?
50. Where did Lord Buddha breathe his last?
(B) Bodh Gaya