Hard History Questions and Answers papers are available here to download. This is the good news for the candidates who are preparing for hard history questions. Aspirants can download hard history trivia Model Papers pdf through online mode.
Applicants who are preparing for hard history quiz can download hard history questions Sample questions from our website for free. Aspirants who are seeking for hard history trivia Sample Question Papers, for those candidates our site is the useful platform to get hard history questions Papers.
With this hardest history questions Papers, candidates can easily prepare for the exam. You can check these hard history trivia and get an idea about model questions given in the written test.
Hard Questions and Answers on History
1. Which of the following ancient sites Was not the capital of the Vakatakas?
2. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Harshavardhan—Banskhera Copper Plate
(B) Amoghvarsha I—Sanjan Copper Plate
(C) Prabhavatigupta—Poona Copper Plate
(D) Chandragupta I—Mathura Pillar Inscription
3. Which among the following regions Was not conquered by the Badami Chalukyan King Pulkeshi II as mentioned in the Aihole inscription?
4. Which among the following regions Was not conquered by the Western Kshatrapa King Rudradaman I as mentioned in the Junagarh inscription?
5. Who was the governor of Surashtra (Saurashtra) during the rule of Chandragupta Maurya?
6. Which among the following deities is not shown on the gold coins of the Kushana King Kanishka I?
7. Which among the following texts is not a part of the Pali canonical work Suttapitaka?
8. Which among the following Vakataka princes is mentioned in the Poona copper plate of the Vakataka queen Prabhavatigupta?
9. Which among the following sarnskaras in a prenatal samskara?
10. Which among the following texts does come under the category of historical biography?
11. The Gahadavala king …………….. .. was contemporary to the Chahamana king Prithviraja III.
(A) Govind III
12. Which among the following is not a king of the Pratihar dynasty?
(A) Mahipala I
(B) Mahendrapala I
(D) Govinda III
13. Chinese traveller Hiuen-Tsang mentioned three important rulers of the 7th century C.E. are :
(A) Narasimhavarman I, Harsha-vardhan and Pulkeshi II
(B) Mahendravarman III, Pulkeshi II and Harshavardhan
(C) Simhavishnu, Narasimha-varrnan I and Chandragupta II
(D) Samudragupta, Harshavardhan and Pulkeshi II
14. Who was the founder of Pala dynasty?
15. The two important lines of the Western Kshatrapas were :
(A) Kshaharatas and Kardamakas
(B) Kardamakas and Bhadras
(C) Mitras and Kshaharatas
(D) Kardarnakas and Kanhabhojas
16. The Besnagar Pillar inscription of the Shunga period mentions the installation of pillar by …………….. .. ambassador Heliodorus.
17. The Sanskrit drama Naganand Was composed by ……………………….. ..
18. Who conquered Sindh region in the eighth century C.E. ‘?
(B) Abu Mashar
19. What was ‘Arabasque’ ‘?
(B) Combination of decorative devices With Arabic script
(C) Style of singing
(D) Kind of stone
20. Who among the following Delhi Sultanate rulers is credited with the standardisation of the coinage of the Delhi Sultanate?
(A) Qutubuddin Aibak
(C) Alauddin Khilji
21. Which European traveller during medieval period, Wrote his travelogue under the title Storia Do Mogor?
(A) Niccolao Manucci
(B) Streynsham Master
(C) Edward Terry
(D) John Ovington
22. Who was the author of Tarikh-i-Ferozshahi?
(A) Zia Barani
(B) Dara Shikoh
(D) Feroz Tughlaq
23. From among the following rulers, Who completed the Qutub Minar?
(A) Qutubuddin Aibak
24. Who among the following introduced the concept of gardens in their building complexes?
25. The ancestral home of Babar belonged to the Central Asian region of …………………….. .. .
(A) Transoxiana Valley
(B) Farghana Valley
(C) Balkash Valley
(D) Jaxartes Valley
26. In the battle of Haldighati, Rana Pratap of Mewar Was defeated by the Mughal army led by :
(A) Abdur Rahim Khan-i-Khanam
(B) Raja Man Singh
(C) Raja Bhagwan Das
(D) Bairam Khan
27. The term Khalsa in Mughal Administration signiﬁed the ……. .. .
(A) Land owned by the Emperor himself
(B) Entire imperial establishment
(C) Land from Where revenue was collected for the imperial treasury
(D) Religious landgrants
28. Which one of the following looked after the revenue grants under the Mughals?
29. Who Wrote ‘Humayunnarna’?
(A) Roshan Ara
(B) Gulbadan Begam
(C) Noor Jahan
(D) Sultana Razia
30. Before coming to Akbar’s court Tansen was in the services of ………………. .. .
(A) Raja of Jodhpur
(B) Raja of Jaipur
(C) Raja Ramchandra Baghel
(D) Rani of Gondwana
31. Saint Kabir was the disciple of ………………………… ..
(D) Guru Nanak
32. Ramanujacharya belonged to :
(A) Shaiv Panthi
(B) Vaishnav Panthi
(D) Kapalika Sect
33. Who was Guru of Mirabai?
(B) Dadu Dayal
34. Who Was the Maratha’s ambassador in the court of Mugal during Nanasaheb Peshwa’s period?
(A) Naroji Kale
(B) Raghuji Bhosale
(C) Raghunath Rao
(D) Mahadev Bhat Hingane
35. Name the Vijayanagar Emperor who assumed the title of ‘Yavanraj Sthapanacharya’?
(A) Harihar I
(B) Bukka I
(C) Krishna Deva Raya
36. In medieval times, Which Maratha Woman, famously known as ‘Kanchangadchi Mohna’ defended the fort of Wasota for eight months against Bapu Gokhale?
(A) Tai Telin
(B) Ahilyabai Holkar
(C) Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi
(D) Yesubai, Wife of Chhatrapati Sambhaji
37. Identify the administrative position Which Was not a part of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s Astha Pradhan Mandal.
(A) The Peshwa
(B) The Sumant
(C) The Panditrao
(D) The Pant-Pratinidhi
38. Raj Ballabh, Ghasiti Begum, Shaukat Jung were the arch foes of ……………………….. .. .
(A) Ali Vardi Khan
(D) Nanda Kumar
39. Which Maharashtrian intellectual was instrumental in the Vernacular Press related activities such as Kavyetihasa Sangraha, Kitabkhana and Chitrashala?
(A) Vishnushastri Chiplunkar
(B) Krishnashastri Chiplunkar
(C) Balshastri Jambhekar
(D) Ahitagni Rajwade
40. Khusro Naoroji Kabraji started two associations in Bombay in 1870 Dnyan Prasarak Mandali and Gyanottejak Mandali. What was their programme?
(A) Creating a taste for painting
(B) Encouraging the musical arts
(C) Publication of scientiﬁc books
(D) None of the above
41. Who was the founder of Maratha Aikyechhu Sabha?
(A) Sitaram Keshav Bole
(B) Shripatrao Shinde
(C) Narayan Meghaji Lokhande
(D) Dinkarrao Javalkar
42. Who among the following was not the President of Indian National Congress ‘?
(A) A.O. Hume
(B) George Yule
(C) William Wedderburn
(D) Sir Henry Cotton
43. Which Indian nationalist leader Wrote in 1935, ‘The Indian Struggle, 1920-34’?
(A) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya
(C) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
(D) C. Rajgopalachari
44. This poet ﬁrst used spoken Telugu in verse to compose ‘Mare Prapancham’ inspired by Bhagat Singh’s martyrdom?
(A) Sri Sri
(B) Ande Sri
(C) Pingali Nagendrarao
(D) Mohammad Ismail
45. Till 1947, no Indian Was promoted above the rank of a ………………….. .. in the Army.
46. What is ‘Ulgulan’?
(A) A tax that the Mundas refused to pay
(B) The name given to outsiders by the Mundas
(C) The name of the tribal rebellion of Mundas
(D) The area Where Mundas Were recruited as indentured labourers
47. This organization split in 1893 into a College faction and a Gurukul faction :
(A) Brahrno Samaj
(B) Arya Samaj
(C) Deccan Education Society
(D) Deccan Sabha
48. Who was the author of the Note on the Growth of Marathi Literature which catalogued the rapid increase in the number of Marathi Publications in the 19th Century?
(A) Moti Bulasa
(B) Major Candy
(C) V.K. Rajwade
(D) M.G. Ranade
49. Who among the following was not the President of Indian National Congress?
(A) Sir Ferozshah Mehta
(B) G.K. Gokhale
(C) N.G. Chandavarkar
(D) B.G. Tilak
50. After visiting Bombay, Florence Nightingale wrote, “Bombay has a lower death rate in the last two years than London. This is entirely your doing.” To whom did she give the credit?
(A) Bartle Frere
(B) George Russell Clerk
(C) William Fitzgerald
(D) Richard Temple
51. Who founded the Seva Sadan at Bombay in 1908?
(A) GK. Devadhar and Ramabai Ranade
(B) Behramji Malabari and Dayaram Gidumal
(C) Pandita Ramabai
(D) Shantabai Kashalkar and Chandubai Kulkarni
52. Hasrat Mohani, Josh Malihabadi and Firaq Gorakhpuri Were leading ﬁgures of this organization :
(A) Indian Pe0ple’s Theatre Association
(B) Revolutionary Writers’ Association
(C) Progressive Dramatic Association
(D) Progressive Writers’ Association
53. Who founded the Rajamahendri Social Reform Association and fought a crusade against enforced Widowhood?
(A) Vishnushastri Pandit
(B) Vireshlingam Pantulu
(C) Kamakshi Natarajan
(D) Vyankatesh Shastri Mate
54. In 1946, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar elected to Constituent Assembly, from ………………………… .. .
55. On 15th August 1947, Who Was the Prime Minister of Maharaja Hari Singh of Kashmir?
(A) Ramchandra Kak
(B) Janak Singh
(C) Mehr Chand Mahajan
(D) Sheikh Abdulla
56. The Indian Co-operative Union (ICU) organized co-operatives and self-help groups to help the refugees settle down in Faridabad. The ICU was headed by ……………………. ..
(A) Kamaladevi Chattopadhyaya
(B) Sarojini Naidu
(C) Vijayalaxmi Pandit
(D) Aruna Asafali
57. Who Was the President of the All India States’ Peoples’ Conference in 1946-47?
(A) Vallabhabhai Patel
(B) V.P. Menon
(C) K.M. Pannikar
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
58. The boundary award by the Radcliffe Commission Was announced on .
(A) 1st August, 1947
(B) 14th August, 1947
(C) 15th August, 1947
(D) 16th August, 1947
59. The Scindia Steam Navigation venture of ………………. .. and ……….. .. faced opposition from British shipping interests.
(A) Purushottam Thakurdas and Birlas
(B) Walchand Hirachand and Lalji Narainji
(C) Moolji Jetha and Lalji Narainji
(D) Purushottam Thakurdas and Jamshedji Tata
60. From among the following statements regarding Rousseau’s concept of ‘Social Contract’ and ‘General Will’, which one is not correct?
(A) He believed that a social contract could preserve absolute equality
(B) In his ‘Social Contract’, people Would necessarily relinquish their individual rights and submit to ‘General Will’
(C) If this equality were to be violated, then people retained the right to overthrow the political system
(D) Later, Karl Marx incorporated these ideas in his ‘Communist Manifesto’
61. Which of the following is not written by James Mill?
(A) Law of Nations and Education
(B) Liberty of Press
(C) Elements of Political Economy
(D) History of India, 150-350 A.D.
62. Which famous feminist activist Wrote : ‘Vindication of the Rights of Women’?
(A) Harriet Tubman
(B) Mary Wollstonecraft
(C) Annie Besant
(D) Margarette Sanger
63. The concept of ‘Social Darwinism’ was initially used by :
(A) Herbert Spencer
(B) John Stuart Mill
(C) Charles Darwin
(D) Thomas H. Huxlev
64. In 1944 to secure the maintenance of International Peace and Security Dumbarton Oaks Conference was held in the following country :
(A) Great Britain
65. Who put forth the idea of Universal History?
(A) Leopold Von Ranke
(B) George Bancroft
(C) Charles Beard
(D) J.B. Bury
66. Under Which of the following type of sources Would photographs be included?
67. Which of the following historian-scholars has presented three developmental stages of civilization?
(A) EH. Carr
(B) Arnold Joseph Toynbee
(C) R.G. Collingwood
(D) Karl Marx
68. From among the following statements regarding the assertions made by the imperialist historians, which one is not true?
(A) They argued that political actions had to be Within the framework of law, and that nothing should violate the rule of law
(B) They provided evidence of the bountiful effects of the civilizing mission
(C) In their opinion, the idea of an Indian Nation Was an absurdity
(D) They argued that the West has a lot to learn from India