In this Article, we have provided the Food and Nutrition Previous Year Question Papers along with Solutions. So, the interested candidates who applied for jobs in Food and Nutrition can download Food and Nutrition Previous Year Question Papers for free of cost. Get all the Food and Nutrition Previous Year Question Papers with just one click.
Click on the enclosed links below to download the Food and Nutrition Previous Year Question Papers. Check the Last five years Food and Nutrition Previous Year Question Papers to get a clear idea of the exam pattern. Along with Food and Nutrition Previous Year Question Papers, it’s better to refer Food and Nutrition Syllabus & Exam Pattern before starting preparation. So, click on link to check and download Food and Nutrition Previous Year Question Papers PDF.
Previous Year Question Papers on Food and Nutrition
1. The time. sequencing of events required by the production subsystem to produce a meal in food service is known as :
(1) Production worksheet
(2) Production forecasting
(3) Production regression
(4) Production planning
2. In which of the following type of food service system menu items are prepared in kitchen on the premises where the meals are served and held for a short time until serving ?
(1) Ready prepared
3. Which of the following is not used as a method for measuring food acceptability ?
(1) Plate waste studies
(2) Self-reported consumption
(3) Frequency of acceptance
(4) Food cost
4. Which is the main consideration around which the meal is planned ?
(1) Equipment facility
(4) Portion size
5. What is the procedure concerned with acquisition of goods in a food service institution ?
(1) Selling of food items
(2) Purchasing of food items
(3) Stock entry of food items
(4) Removal of waste food items
6. Food, beverage and labour can be classified as what type of cost ?
7. Brunch is a hybrid of :
(1) Lunch and Snacks
(2) Lunch and Dinner
(3) Breakfast and Lunch
(4) Breakfast and Dinner
8. Food service used for in-flight meal is:
(1) Tray service
(2) Self service
(3) Table service
(4) Counter service
9. The major goal of food service system is:
(1) Serve food to clients
(2) Make profit from food
(3) Save steps and energy
(4) Plan facility
10. Three E’s of safety in food service are engineering, education and :
11. The size or capacity of an equipment is determined by ?
(1) Number of employees
(2) Type of menu
(3) Size of the food service establishment
(4) Type of food service organization
12. The inventory method that assumes that stock has been rotated during the month is called :
(3) Latest purchase price
(4) Weighted average purchase price
13. Which type of food service is applicable in Cafeteria ?
(1) Tray service
(2) Portable service
(3) Waiter service
(4) Self service
14. Which phase dissects an operation’s past performance and identifies factors that are likely to influence while budget planning ?
15. Which of the following is not an objective of cooking food ?
(1) To enhance flavour
(2) To develop and enhance texture
(3) To destroy harmful organisms
(4) To increase the profit margin
16. Which of the following method is not used for work improvement study ?
(1) Operational charts
(2) Micromotion study
(3) Chromo-cycle graph
(4) Fixed motion study
17. Which of the following does not belong to a type of training ?
(1) On the job training
(2) Adult training
(3) Group training
(4) Job Break-even training
18. Which of the following menu offers a complete meal at a fixed price ?
(1) ala Carte menu
(2) du jour menu
(3) table d hote menu
(4) All of the above
19. Drive-Thru Pick-Up food service is a type of :
(1) Wait service
(2) Portable meals
(4) Tray service
20. In which type of purchasing the product is purchased in exact quantities required for specific production ?
(1) Blanket purchase agreement
(2) Prime vending
(3) Cost plus purchasing
(4) Just-in-time purchasing
21. Marketing mix includes four elements which are :
(1) Product, place, price, promotion
(2) Product, part, price, promotion
(3) Production, place, profit, promotion
(4) Production, profit, price, promotion
22. Demographic segmentation is a category of :
(1) Marketing cycle
(2) Geographic segmentation
(3) Market segmentation
(4) Product preference
23. Which of the following tools does not aid to problem solving ?
(1) Pareto chart
(2) Fish diagram
(3) Control and run charts
(4) Key result area
24. Which is used to describe values that relate to the quality of human experience in the workplace ?
(1) The QWL Approach
(2) The MSD Approach
(3) The TQM Approach
(4) The SPC Approach
25. Which is the most common method of grading of eggs ?
(4) Use of colour disc
26. What are the important constituents of tea contributing to the flavour of tea beverage ?
(1) Caffeine and tannin
(2) Caffeine, polyphenols and Essential oil
(3) Tannin and Polyphenols
(4) Caffeine, tannin, polyphenols and essential oils
27. A substance intentionally added to food that preserves flavour and improves taste of food is called :
(1) Food additive
(2) Food adulterant
(3) Food contaminant
(4) Food material
28. Acrolein is formed on heating of which of the following ?
(4) All of the above
29. What is the name of the phenomenon of oozing out the water from starch gel resulting from Increased molecular association as the starch gel ages ?
30. Which process is used to saturate the unsaturated fats ?
31. Heat treatment used in vegetable processing to inactivate degradative enzymes 1s:
32. Which of the following is used in the manufacture of ice cream for avoidance of formation of ice crystals ?
(1) Carboxymethyl cellulose
33. The flavour component present in Onions is :
(1) Sulphur compounds
34. Which of the following is not an example of fermented products ?
35. What is sodium nitrate used for ?
(1) Anticaking agent
(3) Curing agent
36. Which of the following is a sensory analysis test of three samples in which two are identical and one is different ?
(1) Paired test
(2) Simple triangle test
(3) Composite test
(4) Ranking test
37. Viscosity determination is useful in the study of which of the following characteristics of food ?
(1) Consistency of food
(2) Colour of food
(3) Shape of food
(4) Flavour of food
38. What happens to chlorophyll when green leafy vegetables are cooked in presence of acid ?
(1) It is converted to undesirable pheophytin.
(2) It does not alter.
(3) Green colour becomes brighter.
(4) None of the above
39. The loss of which of the following nutrient is reduced by parboiling rice ?
(3) Pantothenic acid
(4) Ascorbic acid
40. What are Sequestrates ?
(1) They are added to keep the food stable.
(2) Form a complex ion with metals like copper, iron etc
(3) Added for colour
(4) They keep the food oxidized
41. Predominance of which of the following pigment is responsible for colour appeal of cherries, red apples, red grapes, pomegranates etc. ?
42. Which flavouring compounds are responsible for pungent flavour in cabbage ?
(2) Sulphur compounds
(4) Essential fatty acids
43. Which of the following are the effects of germination in pulses ?
(1) Increase in vitamin C content
(2) Increase in availability of iron
(3) Conversion of phytates to soluble phosphorus
(4) All of the above
44. Which of the following are changes in foods during freezing ?
(1) Growth of ice crystals
(2) Change of the colloids through aging
(3) Change brought about by dehydration
(4) All of the above changes
45. Which of the following are changes occurring in food products after extrusion cooking ?
(1) Denaturation of protein
(2) Change in texture of food
(3) Maillard reaction
(4) All of the above
46. Which of the following is a leavening agent ?
(2) Baking powder
(4) Sodium Benzoate
47. Which of the following is an antinutritional factor present in soyabean which interferes with protein digestion ?
(1) Trypsin inhibitor
48. Which of the following is an adulterant mixed with edible mustard oil ?
(1) Mineral oil
(2) Argemone seed oil
(4) Palm oil
49. Which of the following is not an example of adulteration in food ?
(1) Addition of dried papaya seeds in black pepper seeds.
(2) Removal of fat from milk.
(3) Addition of baking powder in cake mixture.
(4) Mixing of chicory powder in coffee powder.
50. Which of the following is the logo used for vegetarian products as per the FSSR (P & L) Regulation, 2011 ?
(1) Red square having red dot inside.
(2) Red triangle having red dot inside.
(3) Green triangle having a green circle outline.
(4) Green outlined square having a green dot inside.